12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 1234 ...
tools
    I condemn the entire situation, do the cops there not have tazers or pepper spray? The first thing they were taught was to go skeet shooting on unarmed civilians? Unlikely story.

I never understand how the help these things happen, everyone says "not enough facts yet, oh the person who was shot was a criminal, blah ,blah", the facts are never clear with these types of cases for some reason. Why in the hell it takes a week to determine whether someone shot a kid in self defense or cold blood, is beyond me.

There are witnesses, there are live tweets by witnesses, yet we still come to conclusion somehow the victim was the cause.

This is why minorities don't trust the system now, things don't get done, yet expect us to twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best. Justice is a joke. I don't agree with the looting in Ferguson but all the protesting is completely justified.

Posted via the Android Central App

You're a cop and the suspect goes for your gun, you'd like to be able to go home to your kids. Guy wants to kill him and you want him to calculate the required force to subdue him. It took 6 bullets and two shots to the head to drop him, I doubt pepper spray would do much more than irritate him.

If he knocked the cop out and beat him to death we wouldn't be talking about this and 99% of the posters here wouldn't give a rip to make a thread about it. Sure as heck wouldn't have been made a national story and the Justice Department wouldn't be down there for one dead cracker cop. But here we are because there was deemed a "race" facet because the cop was white. I doubt we'd be talking about it if the cop was black. The ironic thing is there is a hatred and distrust for cops in these cities, Chicago included. Yet young black men are more likely (by a enormously significant margin) to be killed by another young black man than they are by a cop. However there is no outrage, which there should be and to a greater extent. We don't hear or see the likes of Sharpton or Jackson till there's a hint of white on black crime.

BTW.......It takes a week because you're gonna get multiple stories. Just like every "tip" police get isn't credible but they follow up on every single one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-19-2014 07:11 PM
    ...Why in the hell it takes a week to determine whether someone shot a kid in self defense or cold blood, is beyond me.

There are witnesses, there are live tweets by witnesses, yet we still come to conclusion somehow the victim was the cause.

This is why minorities don't trust the system now, things don't get done, yet expect us to twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best. Justice is a joke. I don't agree with the looting in Ferguson but all the protesting is completely justified.

Investigations like this take time. You have conflicting witness reports. They don't even have the toxicology results back yet. Once you charge somebody with a crime you have like 90 days to bring them to trial. You're not acting responsibility if you act before having all the facts, and they don't have all the facts yet. There are 40 FBI agents there still gathering statements.
    08-19-2014 09:25 PM
    You're a cop and the suspect goes for your gun, you'd like to be able to go home to your kids. Guy wants to kill him and you want him to calculate the required force to subdue him. It took 6 bullets and two shots to the head to drop him, I doubt pepper spray would do much more than irritate him.
    You damn well know you don't shoot first on someone.

If he knocked the cop out and beat him to death we wouldn't be talking about this and 99% of the posters here wouldn't give a rip to make a thread about it. Sure as heck wouldn't have been made a national story and the Justice Department wouldn't be down there for one dead cracker cop. But here we are because there was deemed a "race" facet because the cop was white. I doubt we'd be talking about it if the cop was black. The ironic thing is there is a hatred and distrust for cops in these cities, Chicago included. Yet young black men are more likely (by a enormously significant margin) to be killed by another young black man than they are by a cop. However there is no outrage, which there should be and to a greater extent. We don't hear or see the likes of Sharpton or Jackson till there's a hint of white on black crime.
    It is not only about race, take your blinders off, it is also about cops abusing their power against minorities, and how they are more likely to shoot first and or get hostile against minorities as they have been for DECADES! We are tired of it! Black on black crime is normal, we don't expect to go and get shot up by the same people sworn to protect us though. How do you not see that?

We went from being sprayed by cops with fire hoses during civil rights or getting beaten by them, to being shot multiple times.

BTW.......It takes a week because you're gonna get multiple stories. Just like every "tip" police get isn't credible but they follow up on every single one.

And this is why there is rioting, patience has worn thin.

nolittdroid likes this.
    08-19-2014 11:38 PM
    Investigations like this take time. You have conflicting witness reports. They don't even have the toxicology results back yet. Once you charge somebody with a crime you have like 90 days to bring them to trial. You're not acting responsibility if you act before having all the facts, and they don't have all the facts yet. There are 40 FBI agents there still gathering statements.
    Not everyone has patience in this situation hence the rioting.

08-19-2014 11:39 PM
    Article on black men in America being killed when they are unarmed:

http://www.msnbc.com/melissa-harris-...-bound-respect

08-19-2014 11:45 PM

This of course assumes that Brown was actually lunging for the officer. It seems that some have decided that was the course of events. It may or may not have been.

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    08-20-2014 12:24 AM
    This of course assumes that Brown was actually lunging for the officer. It seems that some have decided that was the course of events. It may or may not have been.

Posted via Android Central App
    True there are reports of him not tackling the officer at all. Him being attacked is just another version of what may or may not happen.

Either way him being shot was not justified.

08-20-2014 12:26 AM
    As far as the Bundy point, two different issues. No one is going to condemn a cop who kills someone to protect himself (if the facts determine it's justified). I think everyone condemns the people acting like animals and the rioting.
    Bundy, broke the law, officials came to make sure he was following the law, the officials are met with resistance AND weapons pointed at them, officials look for a more peaceful solution. Brown, broke the law, official came to make sure he was following the law, official met with resistance, Brown shot 6 times.... You're right two different issues, but probably not the difference you were thinking....
    A895 likes this.
    08-20-2014 12:40 AM
    Not everyone has patience in this situation hence the rioting.

Let face it the public does not care about the truth anymore. Anything but charging the cop with murder is unacceptable no matter what the truth is. That is what the mob wants. If they come to the results that the shooting was justified the mob will riot.

This cop career there is over. Hell his entire life in that area is over no matter the results. He is going to have to move chances are pretty far up rooting his family and hopping another police force will accepted him in fear of the public out cry and the public thirst for blood right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    08-20-2014 07:33 AM
    Let face it the public does not care about the truth anymore. Anything but charging the cop with murder is unacceptable no matter what the truth is. That is what the mob wants. If they come to the results that the shooting was justified the mob will riot.

This cop career there is over. Hell his entire life in that area is over no matter the results. He is going to have to move chances are pretty far up rooting his family and hopping another police force will accepted him in fear of the public out cry and the public thirst for blood right now.

I think there are some who want the truth, but at the same time, a lot know the shooting shouldn't have happened and want to see the cop go down for murder which is what I agree with.

08-20-2014 07:52 AM
    I think there are some who want the truth, but at the same time, a lot know the shooting shouldn't have happened and want to see the cop go down for murder which is what I agree with.

You are showing a case and point right now. You no longer care about the truth but just want your pound of flesh.
    There is no denying the entire thing was handled badly from how the police responded to the first protest before the shooting but that is not relevant to if the shooting was justified or not.

Right now the public wants its pound of flesh.

08-20-2014 08:04 AM
    You are showing a case and point right now. You no longer care about the truth but just want your pound of flesh.
    There is no denying the entire thing was handled badly from how the police responded to the first protest before the shooting but that is not relevant to if the shooting was justified or not.

Right now the public wants its pound of flesh.

And should he not go down to at least set an example that this shouldn't happen? He isn't blameless. Show the people and the community that cops aren't immune from consequences for killing minorities.

He would be a fine example for that.

08-20-2014 09:29 AM
    And should he not go down to at least set an example that this shouldn't happen? He isn't blameless. Show the people and the community that cops aren't immune from consequences for killing minorities.

Again I never said that. The point I am making is you like a lot of the public do not care what the truth is anything short of pound of flesh is unacceptable. You do not care if he is innocent or not you just want the flesh.
    If he is guilty I am all for hanging him out to dry but at the same time if he is innocent he needs to be let off the hook.

The media is not looking for the truth. They already have their conclusion they want and will make sure the stories on the air keep that going.
    It is not right to punish an innocent. There is a lot here that went wrong long before the shooting happen. Namely the police response to the first protest that made things get worse.

But like I said you are a prim example of public has stop caring about the truth.

08-20-2014 09:35 AM
    I fantasize of the day when our country can grow up enough to not jump to racism the second a minority is involved with anything.

Up until yesterday, all the evidence was pointing to this comment being guilty. Now it is looking the other direction. As information trickles out, it may go the other direction again and he may be trialled for murder. No one that will ever read this thread has any real idea what happened, not yet anyway.

Timeslessblur is right though. Very few are interested in the truth. Both sides are too busy protecting their own.

To clear one thing up: You cannot hold someone for more than 48 hours without charging them with a crime. I am sure this cop has been heavily questioned already, but they will not arrest him unless they are charging him.

Either way this guy's life is over. The media and community will make sure of that. Look at the guy that shot Trevon Martin if you don't believe me. He would have been better off going to prison. His life is over now despite being not guilty.

O and the riots are a smear on the history of this community. Really pathetic. "hey let's set fire to stuff because we are angry". These are the people that should have already been arrested...
    08-20-2014 09:55 AM

So to you any use of force is not justified. If you punch a cop or try to take his gun, you should be shot. If the facts point to that is what happened, you'd still want the cop to hang out to dry which is rather sad.
    08-20-2014 10:43 AM
    So to you any use of force is not justified. If you punch a cop or try to take his gun, you should be shot. If the facts point to that is what happened, you'd still want the cop to hang out to dry which is rather sad.
    If you try to punch a cop or try to take his gun, aren't cops trained to take down unarmed people? Body holds (not Eric garner style though), tazers, pepper spray, hell a punch or a shove back will do it to. To pull your gun out as a first response shows lack of training, even more so to shoot multiple times.

You are basically advocating anytime a cop feels is necessary they start shooting and that is why minorities don't trust cops now.

GadgetGator likes this.
    08-20-2014 10:48 AM
    Again I never said that. The point I am making is you like a lot of the public do not care what the truth is anything short of pound of flesh is unacceptable. You do not care if he is innocent or not you just want the flesh.
    If he is guilty I am all for hanging him out to dry but at the same time if he is innocent he needs to be let off the hook.

The media is not looking for the truth. They already have their conclusion they want and will make sure the stories on the air keep that going.
    It is not right to punish an innocent. There is a lot here that went wrong long before the shooting happen. Namely the police response to the first protest that made things get worse.

But like I said you are a prim example of public has stop caring about the truth.

I care about the truth, but I also care about my people more. Blacks haven't been this united in a long time, and it is a looooonnnnggg time coming. Check that link I posted earlier on cops killing minorities.

08-20-2014 10:49 AM
    I care about the truth, but I also care about my people more. Blacks haven't been this united in a long time, and it is a looooonnnnggg time coming. Check that link I posted earlier on cops killing minorities.

Just pointing out that, as a white person, is I referred to "my people" under any circumstance I would be labeled as a hateful racist and discredited from any further discussion...
    08-20-2014 11:12 AM
    True there are reports of him not tackling the officer at all. Him being attacked is just another version of what may or may not happen.

Either way him being shot was not justified.

Reports like in the cases of Tawanna Brawly and Crystal Mangum? This is why people like Al Sharpton make it harder to discover the facts with all his rhetoric and prejudging. He incites people and suddenly the Cop is guilty right off the bat.
    08-20-2014 11:28 AM

Again same answer. This is more looking for an excuse.

No one is saying that some groups are over targeted. It more the public thirst for blood and you are part if it.

Your post shows that you already decided if he is guilty or not. It does not matter what the truth is.

08-20-2014 11:32 AM
    Just pointing out that, as a white person, is I referred to "my people" under any circumstance I would be labeled as a hateful racist and discredited from any further discussion...
    I mean fellow blacks but it was easier to my people.

08-20-2014 11:44 AM
    Reports like in the cases of Tawanna Brawly and Crystal Mangum? This is why people like Al Sharpton make it harder to discover the facts with all his rhetoric and prejudging. He incites people and suddenly the Cop is guilty right off the bat.
    All Sharpton is a tool. You would be hard pressed to find a black person who agrees with him. He was good at one time, but now he does too much. Why would you assume All Sharpton incited anything?

08-20-2014 11:45 AM

Don't forget, there's also a life that was snuffed out and will never get to experience anything ever, a family that will never see their son again. The cop's use of lethal force needs to be questioned. For some reason we see lethal force being used as a first alternative and not as a last alternative in cases such as this, and that's what everyone regardless of skin color needs to keep in mind.
    A895 likes this.
    08-20-2014 11:47 AM
    Again same answer. This is more looking for an excuse.

No one is saying that some groups are over targeted. It more the public thirst for blood and you are part if it.

Your post shows that you already decided if he is guilty or not. It does not matter what the truth is.

So we should be feel bad because we feel injustice 80% of our lives and now when we have probable cause to actually get someone for a possible crime against a minority all of sudden we are bloodthirsty animals?

No, I am not going to feel bad for someone like that. Unless you are black, and know how it is to feel racism, discrimination, racial profiling, and the like, then you would have no clue why minorities want him hung out to dry.

08-20-2014 11:48 AM
    If you try to punch a cop or try to take his gun, aren't cops trained to take down unarmed people? Body holds (not Eric garner style though), tazers, pepper spray, hell a punch or a shove back will do it to. To pull your gun out as a first response shows lack of training, even more so to shoot multiple times.

You are basically advocating anytime a cop feels is necessary they start shooting and that is why minorities don't trust cops now.

Are you serious?

No, I am advocating a cop use whatever force is necessary to stop a subject if they are hell bent on ending that cops life (again, if the reports are true). If a suspect has already attempted to grab your gun, he wants to use it against you, which means at that point it's your life or his. So if he does succeed and overpowers the cop and gets his gun, he's no longer "unarmed" is he. So would it be safe to say then your stance is if the guy does get the cops gun and kills him, "tough ish" because he was too weak to knock him out or push him hard enough? His first response was to protect himself from having his gun taken from him. The first play was by Brown and that's when he decided to go after his gun.
    08-20-2014 11:56 AM
662 1234 ...