12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    My bad about Dillon, apparently there was another incident involving black cop, white guy, where the white guy was armed. Dillon appears to have been shot for some reason, either way there was a body cam and nothing happened.

But then again, the media likes to race bait so of course they pay attention to the big story.

And quite honestly even.you.guys have to admit the circumstances there and here are completely different. Ferguson has had racial tensions for a while, it took Browns killing for it all to break out though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-25-2014 09:27 PM
    He did it the wrong way! That is the point. He had options, even if he explicitly stated he did not carry a taser. There are a lot of ways to handle people. I rather have gotten my *** wooped as a cop than take the risk of shooting people in the street, I bet however long the altercation lasted reinforcements could have bee there for him no matter what. And quite honestly I don't think he trued to take a cops gun, because who would sanely do such a thing?

Then how and why was he reaching in the car? I like the idea that he was hugging Wilson.

Assaulting an armed cop is just stupid. Assaulting a cop is stupid, period. Assaulting anyone is stupid. You play with fire and you occasionally get burned.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 09:28 PM
    That guy had a gun, different situations. Brown was unarmed.

Have a better example.

http://setexasrecord.com/news/233904...ehead-shooting

Unarmed white veteran shot by off duty black cop (worse in my opinion due to being off duty), grand jury didn't indict, and peaceful protests. Only in this one, no race baiters showed up, no violence, and no national attention.
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    11-25-2014 09:31 PM
    Have a better example.

Unarmed white veteran shot by off duty black cop (worse in my opinion due to being off duty), grand jury didn't indict, and peaceful protests. Only in this one, no race baiters showed up, no violence, and no national attention.
    Wow that story is much worse. I can't believe that cop got away with it.

Sent from my XT1096
    11-25-2014 09:36 PM
    Then how and why was he reaching in the car? I like the idea that he was hugging Wilson.

Assaulting an armed cop is just stupid. Assaulting a cop is stupid, period. Assaulting anyone is stupid. You play with fire and you occasionally get burned.

Sent from my XT1096
    We don't know he assaulted the cop for sure.

11-25-2014 09:46 PM
    Have a better example.

White on black gets more clicks unfortunately.

Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 09:48 PM
    Wow that story is much worse. I can't believe that cop got away with it.

Sent from my XT1096
    Same here. What posses people do such things, we will never know.

11-25-2014 09:48 PM
    We don't know he assaulted the cop for sure.

What possible other reason is there for his hand to be in the car? We know from the physical evidence that his hand/arm was in the car and was shot during that time.

Was he going "hey high 5"? And the cop said "let me shoot your hand". And Brown said "ok let me make sure you can shoot it so there is blood and flesh left in the car".

I mean really? Come up with any other likely scenario that the evidence supports.

Sent from my XT1096
    11-25-2014 09:54 PM
    White on black gets more clicks unfortunately.

Same here. What posses people do such things, we will never know.

Interesting how your replies to this are much more subdued compared to Ferguson. Now if only stories like what happened in Ferguson had reactions more like the Whitehead shooting. There's so many similarities that it's almost spooky, except the races are reversed.
    11-25-2014 09:56 PM
    What possible other reason is there for his hand to be in the car? We know from the physical evidence that his hand/arm was in the car and was shot during that time.

Was he going "hey high 5"? And the cop said "let me shoot your hand". And Brown said "ok let me make sure you can shoot it so there is blood and flesh left in the car".

I mean really? Come up with any other likely scenario that the evidence supports.

Sent from my XT1096
    Coo tried to shoot him and he tried to avoid getting shot possibly. I don't know I am not creative enough for "scenarios".

11-25-2014 09:57 PM
    Interesting how your replies to this are much more subdued compared to Ferguson. Now if only stories like what happened in Ferguson had reactions more like the Whitehead shooting. There's so many similarities that it's almost spooky, except the races are reversed.
    There are no similarities. Lol, no matter how you spin those circumstances are entirely different than Ferguson's. You are just as bad as the race baiters.

11-25-2014 09:58 PM
    Coo tried to shoot him and he tried to avoid getting shot possibly. I don't know I am not creative enough for "scenarios".

So in your scenario, the cop had the gun pulled on Brown before Brown shoved his arm in the car? And somehow only shot Brown's arm? Makes no sense.

Until someone finds a viable scenario as to why Brown had his arm in the squad car, I am going to assume that he was assaulting the cop. Or at least the cop did not want Brown's advances and Brown was doing something else he should not have been.

There is no other logical explanation. To deny it at this point is willful ignorance.

Sent from my XT1096
    11-25-2014 10:31 PM
    So in your scenario, the cop had the gun pulled on Brown before Brown shoved his arm in the car? And somehow only shot Brown's arm? Makes no sense.

Until someone finds a viable scenario as to why Brown had his arm in the squad car, I am going to assume that he was assaulting the cop. Or at least the cop did not want Brown's advances and Brown was doing something else he should not have been.

There is no other logical explanation. To deny it at this point is willful ignorance.

Sent from my XT1096
    To deny it is to be smart and not make assumptions based on limited evidence.

grover5 and Scott7217 like this.
    11-25-2014 10:37 PM
    I'll trust a crack head before a cop. Having lived in philly's ghetto (Kensington) I've seen and experienced many things that suburban folks would find hard to believe. By the way I'm white.

11-26-2014 01:50 AM
    There are no similarities. Lol, no matter how you spin those circumstances are entirely different than Ferguson's. You are just as bad as the race baiters.
    Talk about willful ignorance
    11-26-2014 05:16 AM
    I'll trust a crack head before a cop. Having lived in philly's ghetto (Kensington) I've seen and experienced many things that suburban folks would find hard to believe. By the way I'm white.

In sorry to say I feel the same way. After growing up in the hood, I trust crack heads more as well. Knew a couple when I stayed back in new York.

11-26-2014 08:52 AM
    Talk about willful ignorance
    Nope.

11-26-2014 08:53 AM
    It might have, there was no real people trying to calm people down and talk to them, instead cops went nuts with tear gas, and people were told (yes people, American citizens like you and me) to not riot or act violent, as if they are so damm animals being reminded not to pee on the carpet.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like to be talked down to from my owm elected city leaders.
    True, people should be treated like people, not like animals. It should be no surprise to anyone if people are angry over being mistreated.

The last time I checked, there were at least 170 protests around the country, and I would expect that number to go up.

I'm glad people are using their First Amendment rights. People have the right to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to peaceably assemble, and freedom to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Is that the behavior of animals? No, it is not. It is the American people fighting for their rights.
    A895 likes this.
    11-26-2014 12:25 PM
    This is a good video:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...U8Pf6Lt4M8Z7uB

11-26-2014 01:33 PM
    That's what the cops said about Rodney King, and they beat him like a dog, and what happened to the police officers? They went to jail on federal charges.
    To be fair, only two of the four officers were sentenced on federal charges in the Rodney King case for violating Section 242 of Title 18.

The maximum sentence for bodily injury would be ten years in prison. The actual sentence was 30 months, as shown in U.S. v. KOON (NO. CR 92 686 JGD. 833 F.Supp. 769 (1993)).

If death were to result from violating Section 242 of Title 18, sentencing could include fines, imprisonment (any term of years), life in prison, or the death penalty.

US Department of Justice - Civil Rights Division (website link here)
    11-26-2014 01:47 PM
    What federal charges would succeed where local have failed?
    The US Department of Justice lists the following description for the category, Official Misconduct:

"Intentional acts by law enforcement officials who misuse their positions to unlawfully deprive individuals of constitutional rights, such as the right to be free from unwarranted assaults, illegal arrests and searches, and theft of property."

Sections 241 and 242 of Title 18 fall under Official Misconduct. We could probably exclude Section 241 because we have no evidence that a conspiracy was involved.

Section 242 reads as follows:

"Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnaping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death."
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    11-26-2014 02:14 PM

I am sympathetic to this man because I know that his life is over regardless of what happens legally. As I already said, he will never work as a cop again. He will probably never have a normal job again unless he leaves the country. His best hope for income is to write a book or something.

Sent from my XT1096
    Um, no. There was another individual that day, who's life is really over. The cop continues to breathe. His life isn't over at all. All he needs is a job transfer to an almost white area or to a desk job and he will be just fine.

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 and Scott7217 like this.
    11-26-2014 02:15 PM
    Um, no. There was another individual that day, who's life is really over. The cop continues to breathe. His life isn't over at all. All he needs is a job transfer to an almost white area or to a desk job and he will be just fine.

Posted via Android Central App
    He can transfer to the Midwest and he'll be just fine. He can get another job.

11-26-2014 02:28 PM
    So I guess you're ok with the trampling of the First Amendment then? Because that's what the Ferguson police were doing. They were arresting people that were peacefully assembling. They told protesters that if they didn't move that they were being arrested. So since you're ok with striking down First Amendment rights, should we go ahead and address the Second Amendment?
    It's an interesting question. If the government is preventing the people from peacefully exercising their First Amendment rights as guaranteed in the Constitution, could the people then use their Second Amendment rights to reclaim their First Amendment rights?

It's possible, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to implement this strategy.
    11-26-2014 04:03 PM
    Wow, i guess we were watching different tv's. I don't call rioting, "peacefully assembling". Tear gas and rubber bullets, works for me. Looters get the live ammo. End of story.
    11-26-2014 05:00 PM
662 ... 1920212223 ...