12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    You are ignoring the link and race baiting. And I think we would have, this is a matter of a cop uses lethal force first instead of other means.

Posted via Razr M on the Android Central App
    Race was the only factor that made this a national issue. There have been multiple shootings of unarmed white men by black officers, both before and after what happened in Ferguson.

'Justice for Dillon Taylor' sought for white Utah man fatally shot by black officer - Washington Times
    Out of pocket | The Examiner

These are two instances that have gained no national attention though the victim and killer were of different races. Will you now stand up and say that these clearly racist cops should be punished? Should we now fight for new legislation so that police should only be allowed to shoot members of the same race?
    11-26-2014 07:00 PM
    So in your scenario, the cop had the gun pulled on Brown before Brown shoved his arm in the car? And somehow only shot Brown's arm? Makes no sense.

Until someone finds a viable scenario as to why Brown had his arm in the squad car, I am going to assume that he was assaulting the cop. Or at least the cop did not want Brown's advances and Brown was doing something else he should not have been.

There is no other logical explanation. To deny it at this point is willful ignorance.

Sent from my XT1096
    That's just dumb. Sorry but there is no other word for your assumption here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    11-26-2014 07:06 PM
    I was wondering where the thread with all the oppressed white guys was. I'm so glad I found it. Buck up fellas...strength in numbers.

A895 likes this.
    11-26-2014 07:10 PM
    I'm NOT a race baiter. Rioters and looters come in all colors, and should be treated the same way as i stated earlier. Some people don't give a damn about Brown, they're just using that as an excuse to vandalize. I'll state this over and over again. If Wilson was black, you would not have seen ONE rioter or looter on the streets of Ferguson!!!!!!!!! If you are a black person, be proud, and stop being stupid. The rioters are enforcing a stereotype, that blacks having been trying to do away with, for three hundred years.
    11-26-2014 07:25 PM
    Race was the only factor that made this a national issue. There have been multiple shootings of unarmed white men by black officers, both before and after what happened in Ferguson.

'Justice for Dillon Taylor' sought for white Utah man fatally shot by black officer - Washington Times
    Out of pocket | The Examiner

These are two instances that have gained no national attention though the victim and killer were of different races. Will you now stand up and say that these clearly racist cops should be punished? Should we now fight for new legislation so that police should only be allowed to shoot members of the same race?
    Black on white gets clicks and viewers. This is mainstream media 101.

11-26-2014 09:18 PM
    I'm NOT a race baiter. Rioters and looters come in all colors, and should be treated the same way as i stated earlier. Some people don't give a damn about Brown, they're just using that as an excuse to vandalize. I'll state this over and over again. If Wilson was black, you would not have seen ONE rioter or looter on the streets of Ferguson!!!!!!!!! If you are a black person, be proud, and stop being stupid. The rioters are enforcing a stereotype, that blacks having been trying to do away with, for three hundred years.
    What stereotype?

palandri likes this.
    11-26-2014 09:19 PM
    What stereotype?

If you don't know, i'm not going to tell you. Go ask Rev. Al, he'll tell you.
    11-26-2014 09:25 PM
    If you don't know, i'm not going to tell you. Go ask Rev. Al, he'll tell you.
    Stop trying to be funny and answer a question like a normal person.

palandri likes this.
    11-26-2014 09:35 PM
    Stop trying to be funny and answer a question like a normal person.

Sorry, but you're not going to trip me up with that. I will not answer a question that YOU already know the answer to.
    11-26-2014 09:53 PM
    That's just dumb. Sorry but there is no other word for your assumption here.
    Then what do you suggest happened? The physical evidence points to a struggle where Brown was at least reaching into the car. Can you even come up with a plausible reason why, that doesn't involve assault on a cop?
    11-26-2014 10:52 PM
    Then what do you suggest happened? The physical evidence points to a struggle where Brown was at least reaching into the car. Can you even come up with a plausible reason why, that doesn't involve assault on a cop?
    Physical evidence? The small razor burn Wilson had on his cheek?

11-26-2014 11:00 PM
    I would have not had a problem with the store owner when being rob and man handled pulling a weapon. Anytime someone forcefully takes somthing of yours physically you should be able to stop them any way possible.

If someone reaches I to your vehicle to assault another human being no matter color they should not have to cower down run or find backup. They should be able to stop the threat immediately. Cop or citizen because once the cop is attacked he is a regular human being wanting to survive.

I have been the target of racism many times and understand the hardships. I however don't steal or confront cops in a threatening manner knowing I might be more prone to be shot dead. My past experience clearly shows I am more likely to be killed or murdered by my own race than another race.

I feel bad for the situation and feel if Mike was a law abiding citizen he would be alive today. It's a proven fact he was a thief and willing to use force to do it.
    11-27-2014 05:31 AM
    I would have not had a problem with the store owner when being rob and man handled pulling a weapon. Anytime someone forcefully takes somthing of yours physically you should be able to stop them any way possible.

If someone reaches I to your vehicle to assault another human being no matter color they should not have to cower down run or find backup. They should be able to stop the threat immediately. Cop or citizen because once the cop is attacked he is a regular human being wanting to survive.

I have been the target of racism many times and understand the hardships. I however don't steal or confront cops in a threatening manner knowing I might be more prone to be shot dead. My past experience clearly shows I am more likely to be killed or murdered by my own race than another race.

I feel bad for the situation and feel if Mike was a law abiding citizen he would be alive today. It's a proven fact he was a thief and willing to use force to do it.
    Stealing rellos one time, shot 6 times, makes someone a thief? People here are the most liberal with words I have ever seen.
    11-27-2014 07:45 AM
    Instead of starting a new thread, this is VERY related to cops shooting on sight on minorities:

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/ind...hooting_b.html
    GadgetGator likes this.
    11-27-2014 07:50 AM
    People can hee haw back and forth on Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, but the video for Tamir, clearly shows a cop pulling up and not 1 second later shooting him. Because of this video, we now know the cop was lying on his report.

Not only that this is further proof of cops abusing their power. I have seen maybe 8 videos this year, of cops shooting minorities on sight, and getting away with it. How many more times, will this happen before people admit there is a problem with Americas police forces?

GadgetGator likes this.
    11-27-2014 08:05 AM
    People can hee haw back and forth on Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, but the video for Tamir, clearly shows a cop pulling up and not 1 second later shooting him. Because of this video, we now know the cop was lying on his report.

Not only that this is further proof of cops abusing their power. I have seen maybe 8 videos this year, of cops shooting minorities on sight, and getting away with it. How many more times, will this happen before people admit there is a problem with Americas police forces?

Well gee, most crimes are committed by minorities. So when a cop sees a minority member rob someone, should he just go and arrest a white person "to try and balance the books"?
    11-27-2014 08:44 AM
    Well gee, most crimes are committed by minorities. So when a cop sees a minority member rob someone, should he just go and arrest a white person "to try and balance the books"?
    Most crimes aren't committed by minorities. Whites make up over 60% of the U.S. population and commit the most crimes, and are the ones who use over half of all welfare benefits. I just busted 2 stereotypes.

Blacks are only what, 13% of the U.S. population? We seem to be criminals because minorities tend to live in more urban neighborhoods or poverty, and where this is low income environment, there is more crime, don't have to be necessarily a minority for that.

GadgetGator likes this.
    11-27-2014 09:03 AM
    Most crimes aren't committed by minorities. Whites make up over 60% of the U.S. population and commit the most crimes, and are the ones who use over half of all welfare benefits. I just busted 2 stereotypes.

Blacks are only what, 13% of the U.S. population? We seem to be criminals because minorities tend to live in more urban neighborhoods or poverty, and where this is low income environment, there is more crime, don't have to be necessarily a minority for that.

O.K., when i said crimes, i meant to say violent crimes. I'm not talking about stealing from the office party fund. You didn't bust any stereotypes. Most violent crimes are black on black, or black on white. See, black comes first, get it. The opportunities are there, as you well know, but if you want to live in poverty and live off the welfare system, then yes, you're neighborhood becomes a ghetto. The Irish, Italians, Jews, and other minorities lived in ghettoes, but worked their way out. See that word i used. It's called WORK. It's not running the streets, selling dope, or pimping their women. It's not sitting on the couch, smoking Newports and drinking Old English 880. It's being a responsible parent, going out and getting a real job, and being a father to their children. You wanted stereotypes, you got them. Today is "turkey day". Watch out that someone doesn't mistake you for the turkey that you are. Have a nice day.
    11-27-2014 09:33 AM
    As the facts have come to light over social media in the last couple days, what can we as Americans agree to do so that events such as the case of Michael Brown don't happen again?

(P.S. To Mods and everyone else, I hope for a friendly discussion, and not race baiting.)

Dear police: you can't shoot and kill our children without the whole world watching | The Verge
    Michael Brown is a poor example, Mr. Brown was video taped robbing a store prior to his death, he did attack an officer of the law who then felt his life was in jeopardy. Another poor example is the White fellow, who baited and officer and looked and acted as if he had a weapon under his t-shirt, then quickly pulled out his hands. Then the 12 years who ignored police verbal commands to lay down, and then pulled out a toy gun. All poor examples of Police acting bad. If your a thug and provoke an officer of the law, if you play a game of gun chicken with an officer you will lose. There is one example which no one, not anyone on any side is talking about and is one to rally against aggressive police behavior against non-whites in America. But nobody black or white is using it to rally. Johnathan Ferrell, a truly decent, college education black man killed by a Charlotte, NC police officer. I honestly believe there is an obscene racial issue in America. But if your an aggressive thug/thief, too bad. What has to happen is the minorities in every community must work with the police depts to set up home visits between white officers and the brown/black communities. This will allow the police to become comfortable with them as well as to see them as fellow humans, Plus allow community people to personally know their police. Have the officers volunteer to attend local minority church services, start race relations classes with yearly evals. The military has great racial awareness training. Also to reach out to the minority communities and promote future recruits by having something like a Jr. cadet officer program. Racism by America's whites against all people of color is rampant and race awareness programs need to be started in schools as well as programs to teach young men to respect woman. When I was in Navy boot camp we had a class on racism, they told us, We, the US Navy doesn't care what your parents taught you about hating others, they were wrong and you have to change. The US Air Force has an interesting anti racism film. But regardless of the gross racim of America's whites, if your a crook and you act stupid, you probably will got shot, duh!
    11-27-2014 09:38 AM
    O.K., when i said crimes, i meant to say violent crimes. I'm not talking about stealing from the office party fund. You didn't bust any stereotypes. Most violent crimes are black on black, or black on white. See, black comes first, get it. The opportunities are there, as you well know, but if you want to live in poverty and live off the welfare system, then yes, you're neighborhood becomes a ghetto. The Irish, Italians, Jews, and other minorities lived in ghettoes, but worked their way out. See that word i used. It's called WORK. It's not running the streets, selling dope, or pimping their women. It's not sitting on the couch, smoking Newports and drinking Old English 880. It's being a responsible parent, going out and getting a real job, and being a father to their children. You wanted stereotypes, you got them. Today is "turkey day". Watch out that someone doesn't mistake you for the turkey that you are. Have a nice day.
    Lol, you think Italians, Irish, and Jews were treated the same way Blacks were in the United States?

I have had this conversation on iMore before, and nothing ever changes in it. People love to ignore the craziness the people of the united States put on one race. Civil Rights movement was only 50 years ago, I have grandmothers older than that.

You don't think possibly being in slavery for 200+ years in this country then being segregated against for the majority of the 20th century would have ever lasting effects on the population of the race in this country.

I swear the U.S. is like Germany in that people.love to forget slavery and segregation wasn't that long ago, and German government to this day deny the holocaust (Godwin's law I know). But you can't ignore the effect of manipaultaing the history of an entire race of people.

GadgetGator likes this.
    11-27-2014 09:40 AM
    Physical evidence? The small razor burn Wilson had on his cheek?
    Brown's DNA in the police car and on Wilson's uniform and gun.
    11-27-2014 09:44 AM
    Lol, you think Italians, Irish, and Jews were treated the same way Blacks were in the United States?

I have had this conversation on iMore before, and nothing ever changes in it. People love to ignore the craziness the people of the united States put on one race. Civil Rights movement was only 50 years ago, I have grandmothers older than that.

You don't think possibly being in slavery for 200+ years in this country then being segregated against for the majority of the 20th century would have ever lasting effects on the population of the race in this country.

I swear the U.S. is like Germany in that people.love to forget slavery and segregation wasn't that long ago, and German government to this day deny the holocaust (Godwin's law I know). But you can't ignore the effect of manipaultaing the history of an entire race of people.

Very poor examples. Six million Jews were killed by Germans who were egged on by a madman, yet i haven't heard of Jews running through the streets killing Germans. My people(the Irish) were persecuted when they first came to this country, and as for the Jews, whether you believe it or not, there is still plenty of anti-semitism in America. I'm not buying that "cotton fields back home" b.s. DuBois, Douglass, and others, rose up and made something of themselves. The opportunities were, and still are there. If you choose to be a thug, then you may just get what you deserve. The bullet doesn't care what color the criminal is.
    11-27-2014 10:06 AM
    Very poor examples. Six million Jews were killed by Germans who were egged on by a madman, yet i haven't heard of Jews running through the streets killing Germans.
    Blacks aren't running through the streets killing whites either.

My people(the Irish) were persecuted when they first came to this country, and as for the Jews, whether you believe it or not, there is still plenty of anti-semitism in America.
    I don't believe that seeing as a lot of Jewish communities are pretty well off, United States have multiple times been accused of promoting Zionism because the U.S. is so pro Judaism and supporting Israel.

I'm not buying that "cotton fields back home" b.s. DuBois, Douglass, and others, rose up and made something of themselves. The opportunities were, and still are there. If you choose to be a thug, then you may just get what you deserve. The bullet doesn't care what color the criminal is.
    The oppurtonities are very out reach for a large amount of minorities. Can you even imagine growing up in the projects? Because I grew up in them, and have not seen what I have seen and there is a lot that happens between being born in the hood to becoming 18, a bad environment being the most prominent influence for choices.

I know personally, so many people who dropped out of school. The school does not care if you drop out. Bad education system to support students who do try in school, combined with a bad home environment leads to low graduation rates and unemployment.

If people really cared they would want the hoods and projects cleaned up, less crime, less influences to take people out of school and pursuing an education.

11-27-2014 10:40 AM
    Somehow it all comes back to this for some people. I would never suggest that we forget the horrible past of this nation or try to gloss over the atrocities that were committed against groups of people, but we must find some way to get past all of that for the sake of future generations. There is no one alive today that lived as a slave. There is not a single person alive that bought or sold a slave. Every day that passes we are further from a past that only lives in books and stories that have been passed down, yet some people feel that the wounds of the past must be reopened and kept fresh instead of allowing them to scab over and heal as all injuries must.

We also need to realize that racism isn't exclusive to white people. I am white and have been the victim of racism on many occasions. With my job, I spend a lot of time in black neighborhoods. I have been insulted by customers, their children, and their neighbors, for nothing more than the color of my skin. I've been told that I had better be done and gone before it gets dark or there might be trouble.
    11-27-2014 10:52 AM
    Blacks aren't running through the streets killing whites either.

I don't believe that seeing as a lot of Jewish communities are pretty well off, United States have multiple times been accused of promoting Zionism because the U.S. is so pro Judaism and supporting Israel.

The oppurtonities are very out reach for a large amount of minorities. Can you even imagine growing up in the projects? Because I grew up in them, and have not seen what I have seen and there is a lot that happens between being born in the hood to becoming 18, a bad environment being the most prominent influence for choices.

I know personally, so many people who dropped out of school. The school does not care if you drop out. Bad education system to support students who do try in school, combined with a bad home environment leads to low graduation rates and unemployment.

If people really cared they would want the hoods and projects cleaned up, less crime, less influences to take people out of school and pursuing an education.

I didn't say that blacks were running through the streets killing whites. I was using the Jews as an example of a people who are, by nature, very tolerant. You are stereotyping people yourself. "Jewish communities are pretty well off" is exactly what most people think. I've lived long enough to say that for every rich Jew that you show me, i'll show you five that are middle to lower middle income. Living in the projects must have been rough(my wife came from the projects in Queens, n.y.), but that shouldn't stop anyone from trying to get ahead by learning what is taught in school. If the environment that you live in is bad, then get a good education and do something with it. Go back and clean up the hood. Kick out the dealers, get people into rehab, build playgrounds for the kids, and most of all, get the fathers back into the homes. Children need a father in their lives, not one that they have to visit in prison just to see. Wasn't that part of M.L.K's "dream". Who's trying to fulfill that dream now, Crips and Bloods? Wake up and "Do the Right Thing". No offense to Spike Lee. Whether you know it or not, the Jews in America are the biggest supporters of black candidates for elective office, and black people in general. They know what it's like to be persecuted, which is why most of them are so liberal. It's no wonder that Obama sucks up to them. Anyway, that's a different topic entirely.
    11-27-2014 11:05 AM
662 ... 2021222324 ...