12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    How about this quote, from a Jewish friend of mine....How many of us do you think Hitler would have killed, if we each had a gun? You missed my point entirely. The motivational factor for not committing a murder is FEAR. If the murderer knows that he'll be in jail, with free meals, tv, internet, and whatever else, he won't care. What about the family of the victim? Who looks out for them? Lethal Injection is too good for murderers. Where's the suffering and pain, like they inflicted on their victim?
    P.S. I'm also in favor of restoring public hanging.
    Wow man, you're all over the map on this one. I'm not sure if you're just following a certain thought pattern or just trying to be evasive, but I'll go that route. How do you think the amount of Jewish people he killed would've equaled the amount of people that have been killed by guns in the U.S.'s history?
    A895 and palandri like this.
    11-30-2014 03:59 PM
    Wow man, you're all over the map on this one. I'm not sure if you're just following a certain thought pattern or just trying to be evasive, but I'll go that route. How do you think the amount of Jewish people he killed would've equaled the amount of people that have been killed by guns in the U.S.'s history?
    I'm not "all over the map". I'm just not a tree hugging Liberal. I'm a life member of the NRA, i'm a Vietnam veteran, i watch Fox News, and i don't give a damn what you think. Go try your b.s., on somebody else.
    11-30-2014 04:46 PM
    I'm not "all over the map". I'm just not a tree hugging Liberal. I'm a life member of the NRA, i'm a Vietnam veteran, i watch Fox News, and i don't give a damn what you think. Go try your b.s., on somebody else.

You don't have to be a tree hugging liberal to see the injustices that are happening right now in America. As long as it is black males getting shot, it is a o.k. to ignore, I suppose eh?
    11-30-2014 04:59 PM
    You don't have to be a tree hugging liberal to see the injustices that are happening right now in America. As long as it is black males getting shot, it is a o.k. to ignore, I suppose eh?
    Black males getting shot by other black males? Is that what you're talking about? No wait, it's only when black males are getting shot by WHITE males. Then you raise your voice in protest. Get off your soapbox.
    11-30-2014 05:25 PM
    Black males getting shot by cops?

Fixed That For You. Black males getting shot by cops is the issue, not whites on blacks.
    palandri likes this.
    11-30-2014 05:40 PM
    Fixed That For You. Black males getting shot by cops is the issue, not whites on blacks.
    Do you mean white males getting shot by black cops? Or maybe, black males getting shot by black cops? Give it up Slick, i'm too old to get trapped by a young fool.
    11-30-2014 06:17 PM
    Do you mean white males getting shot by black cops? Or maybe, black males getting shot by black cops? Give it up Slick, i'm too old to get trapped by a young fool.
    You are making no sense. Point blank, black males getting shot by cops. And I am no fool.
    11-30-2014 06:22 PM
    People who are violent are going to have to risk what happens to them and others that they are hurting.
    11-30-2014 06:23 PM
    I don't think that it's at 4%, but i believe that the death penalty, as it now exists, is NOT a deterrent. Here is my solution. People who are proven guilty of murder, and have had their appeals, should be put to death in the exact same manner as they used to kill their victims. Right now, the criminals have more "rights" than the victims. O.K., so a person walks into a convenience store, and robs the place. Before he or she leaves, he or she turns and kills the employee with a shotgun blast because he or she is afraid that they will be recognized. A very plausible scenario. After being caught, convicted of murder, and given all the due processes of law, they should be taken from their cell, and put into a room which was made up to look like the counter of that convenience store where the murder was committed. Now, and this is the deterrent part, the convicted murderer should be put into that room and taken out numerous times, until the time agreed upon between the judge and the family of the deceased. At that time he or she should be brought back into that room, and a guard or some other appointed person, should walk in and execute the prisoner in the same manner, in this case with a shotgun. Criminals who know that this is the law, would think twice about committing murder. IMO, THAT would be justice for the victim's family.
    I don't see how that is a deterrent at all. Also really? You want to spend money to make things look like a recreated movie set? Please. There's no money for that.

Instead they should be put into a dark room with no contact. They should know what a living hell they will be going to should they kill someone.

And public hangings? Um no. While this world is not perfect, i certainly don't want to live in the barbaric world that you think is some sort of paradise. If you want that, go build a time machine.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-30-2014 08:10 PM
    We all need help
    11-30-2014 08:28 PM
    This man has some very good points:

Sent from my XT1096
    11-30-2014 09:18 PM
    See what I mean about being all over the map? You went from Ferguson to right to own a gun, to being a tree hugging liberal. Nothing you're posting about has anything to do with what you're quoting.

Then again, this is what a lot of people do when they don't want to talk about race in the U.S. We're not going to get anywhere until we address the issue, as a nation, as a society, nor as a planet.
    A895 and palandri like this.
    11-30-2014 10:02 PM
    Don't think anyone else has posted this yet, but the officer turned in his badge the other day, in part due to the that's against the police department.
    12-01-2014 07:07 AM
    Don't think anyone else has posted this yet, but the officer turned in his badge the other day, in part due to the that's against the police department.
    That's a step in the right direction, but much more needs to be done. There is still such a strong disconnect between the police and the community which has generated a strong distrust. The Police chief needs to go next, but he says he won't step down. The Mayor needs to tell him that they are going a different direction and let him go. The whole Police department needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Five St. Louis Ram players gave a hands up, don't shoot sign at their football game yesterday, and the St. Louis Police Union wants the NFL to disipline the players. The protest now are more about solidarity with the community since statistics show that Police are 21 times more likely to shoot black teens than white teens. That's a problem that needs to be resolved.
    A895 and GadgetGator like this.
    12-01-2014 09:13 AM
    Five St. Louis Ram players gave a hands up, don't shoot sign at their football game yesterday, and the St. Louis Police Union wants the NFL to disipline the players.
    I'm not a football fan, but I'd have left the game and demanded a refund of my ticket had I been there and saw those players protest. People go to football games (and other events) to watch or participate in said activity. No one goes to a football game to watch a protest.

I would hope the NFL does discipline the players appropriately for their actions. I'd feel the same for any company employee protesting while on the job, from million dollar football players to the local grocery store clerk.
    12-01-2014 10:12 AM
    I'm not a football fan, but I'd have left the game and demanded a refund of my ticket had I been there and saw those players protest. People go to football games (and other events) to watch or participate in said activity. No one goes to a football game to watch a protest.. .
    Good luck with that. It will cost you $2000 to hire an attorney to get your $60 back.

...I would hope the NFL does discipline the players appropriately for their actions. I'd feel the same for any company employee protesting while on the job, from million dollar football players to the local grocery store clerk.
    It's not going to happen: "The five Rams players who entered the field before Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders in St. Louis with their hands in the air in "don't shoot" poses will not be fined for their actions, NFL and team sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen...."

The five St. Louis Rams players who saluted slain teenager Michael Brown before Sunday's game will not be fined - ESPN
    A895 and GadgetGator like this.
    12-01-2014 11:43 AM
    As I said, I don't care for football anyway, so not like I'm personally out anything. Just sucks the fans were presented with such an unprofessional and unsportsman like demonstration.
    12-01-2014 12:11 PM
    As I said, I don't care for football anyway, so not like I'm personally out anything. Just sucks the fans were presented with such an unprofessional and unsportsman like demonstration.
    I guess it has more to do with understanding the magnitude of the issue. It's a bigger issue than the NFL or Mike Brown, Police are 21 times more likely to shoot black teens than white teens. Turn on the news right now and see all the 1pm EST national walkout protest. It's an issue that has to be dealt with and not swepted under the rug.
    A895 likes this.
    12-01-2014 12:24 PM
    When you think about it, people probably said the same thing when Rosa Parks didn't move to the back of the bus. They take the bus to go to work and to get from point A to point B and dont want to see or hear any political statements. It just sucks that parents and children were presented with such an unprofessional demonstration.

See what I mean? I am glad Rosa Parks did what she did. It had to be done.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    12-01-2014 12:36 PM
    When you think about it, people probably said the same thing when Rosa Parks didn't move to the back of the bus. They take the bus to go to work and to get from point A to point B and dont want to see or hear any political statements. It just sucks that parents and children were presented with such an unprofessional demonstration.

See what I mean? I am glad Rosa Parks did what she did. It had to be done.
    Bad example.
    12-01-2014 12:47 PM
    Bad example.
    Why is that a bad example? You pay to go to a football game and you pay to take the bus.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    12-01-2014 12:53 PM
    Why is that a bad example? You pay to go to a football game and you pay to take the bus.
    She was protesting segregation on busses. Agree or disagree with the Grand Jury's decision, how do football players protesting it on the field have anything to do with football?

Additionally, she wasn't at work during her protest.
    12-01-2014 01:37 PM
    She was protesting segregation on busses. Agree or disagree with the Grand Jury's decision, how do football players protesting it on the field have anything to do with football?

Additionally, they did nothing that stopped the game from happening. The game still went on.
    palandri likes this.
    12-01-2014 01:41 PM
    It would me the same as a bus driver going over the PA system to tell everyone riding how he feels about Rosa Parks, or you or I standing up in our place of work and yelling our political opinions. These are paid athletes that were on the clock, so to speak. The NFL has the right to punish them if they choose to.

The police representative made a valid point though. St. Louis and the NFL worked with local police to make sure the violence did not reach the game and that everyone involved was safe. It was kind of a slap in the face to their (successful)efforts.

Maybe the police department in Ferguson should disban and allow the citzens of Ferguson to police themselves. I mean its not like there would be riots or anything
    12-01-2014 01:55 PM

The players were protesting Police being 21 times more likely to shoot black teens than white teens. Like I said, It's a bigger issue than the NFL, the grand jury or Mike Brown.

So is there some sort of criminal law that says you don't have the freedom to make a statement at work? Did the players do something criminal?
    A895 likes this.
    12-01-2014 02:40 PM
662 ... 2223242526 ...