12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 252627
tools
    Lemme ask you this, are black kids conceived differently than white kids? Does it require a man and a woman? How many kids are born out of wedlock in the African american community?????? 72% How many are raised by a single parent (most often the mother)? 68%

It's hard these days to raise kids with both parents, with only one it's a steep uphill battle and the odds are severely stacked against that mom and/or dad. Fix that problem and I guarantee you things would likely improve.
    Black kids and white kids experience different things in life and in large part the school experience varies greatly.

You can't change fathers leaving their kids and that goes for any race. We can't make people do something they don't want to. That is a fact.
    12-02-2014 03:18 PM
    I called the violent people animals and said that it was obviously a significant portion of the community.

The conversation about what to do in Ferguson is separate from the national conversation. If the people of Ferguson hated the violence so much, then why was everyone physically able not out protecting the innocent businesses? Where is the voluntary reimbursement from the citizen's of Ferguson to these innocent victims? This community obviously has deeper issues than mistrust in cops. They obviously do not care about the well being of anyone else.

Now the national conversation is a cause worthy of discussion. The biggest thing holding back the initiative is the fact that Brown is a horrible poster child. Everyone should have blown up over a case worthy of the cause.

And again, if the Black community is not willing to respect authority, then the conversation ends there. It takes both sides actively trying in order to change anything. Imo, a great place to start is for the Black community to look at fixing its own issues as well as it's relationship with authoritative bodies.
    It takes both sides. You can't just skim over authority hurting an entire race for decades and assume they should be a o.k. with authority once you give them basic citizens rights. Until those in charge (those the black people vote in office) do something to try work with various.black communities across the U.S. there will continue to be a mistrust.
    Browns shooting was a national topic that is why it is being the focal.point to this problem. I mean have you looked at the video of a black man getting stopped by a cop for having his hands in his pocket? That is normal things black people deal with, because of the advent of social media and snartphones this problem is now getting more attention.
    12-02-2014 03:22 PM
    Black kids and white kids experience different things in life and in large part the school experience varies greatly.

You can't change fathers leaving their kids and that goes for any race. We can't make people do something they don't want to. That is a fact.
    Why do these fathers not want to raise their kids? Why do they not want to take responsibility for their actions? Why is all of this acceptable?

This is a culture problem. Not an individual one. It has to do with what children are taught is acceptable behavior. If it was unacceptable in Black communities for men to behave this way, it would be much less prevalent. The Black community is not the only subset of people in this country that have these issues, but by all statics I have seen, the Black community is having much more trouble with having single parent households than any other.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-02-2014 03:44 PM
    Why do these fathers not want to raise their kids? Why do they not want to take responsibility for their actions? Why is all of this acceptable?

This is a culture problem. Not an individual one. It has to do with what children are taught is acceptable behavior. If it was unacceptable in Black communities for men to behave this way, it would be much less prevalent. The Black community is not the only subset of people in this country that have these issues, but by all statics I have seen, the Black community is having much more trouble with having single parent households than any other.

Sent from my XT1096
    It is unacceptable in all cultures. Black communities are no exception. And again it isn't a cultural thing, that is just some people mindsets and that is with any culture for any male.
    12-02-2014 04:14 PM
    Where's the talk about getting citizens to start acting like human beings in some of these neighborhoods? I see a lot of finger pointing at the cops. Tell me something, did I miss Al Sharpton going down to Akron, Ohio excoriating anyone when a white cop was shot dead in a bar 2-3 Sunday's ago? If Brown actually got the gun and killed Wilson, would we have this thread. Would we be talking about his wife and his unborn child? Would we be talking about protecting cops more? It's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.
    To be blunt, a lot of these people come from outside the community. In fact the other night, the police said the arrest were entirely from outside the area. I'm not sure how you want the community itself to deal with that.

I'm also not sure what you want All Sharpton to do. Show up at every single killing? He's going to be a very busy man. I don't exactly see any white community leaders calling attention to this incident you mention either.

Frankly I am not sure what you want really. You, like many others seem to want to snap fingers or wave a wand and make those horrible black people snap in line. But it doesn't work that way and it's not that easy. The changes needed are generational and will exceed your lifespan. There are no quick solutions.

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 and 3moosey3 like this.
    12-02-2014 04:25 PM
    Give us a reason to really care . Just because some people jump up and down, wreck property that changes nothing. It still comes down to what can be done. Those who are close to the situation need to figure out how anyone can help. The people on the outside of these situations are not connected to what happens in places like Furgison. Those who are in the inner city have shown it is not worth the time to help. We are focused on world affairs. Nuclear war is on our doorstep. Isssis is running rampage in the middle East. There are problems in many areas of the world. The people in Ferguson have proclaimed themselves to be so important that America is listening to there problems. Big deal, hundreds of deaths have occurred across the US since then. The inner city gangs and criminals have no intention of stopping. The outside world absolutely will contain them. We do not have time, desire or resources to waist on such proplems. You who are the leaders in these areas are going to have to make a change. Given the state of world affairs I don't believe much is going to change. That is reality. We have to figure out how to pentetrate the inner city. It can be slowly done, but alot of inner city people are going to live in horrible situations. The more they do not understand how help should work, the less it will be effective. Blame the outside world and whites. It won't help the inner-city. It is very easy to focus on Ferguson. Is that really going to make a diffence, No it is not. The inner-city areas can be hell. No one but the toughest and street wary people and cops are going in there. It is what it is.
    12-02-2014 06:06 PM
    You don't think communities regardless of race or gender preferences would be better served by police officers who know what the problems of that community really are or have a know how of the people of that area?
    Do the laws change based on race or sexual preferences? Are you saying that things may have turned out differently for Michael Brown if a different officer had shown up for the call? If so, how?

Are we to believe that if a black officer had shown up and saw 2 men matching the description of robbery suspects that he would have ignored them walking in the middle of the street? Would a black officer just say "keep the rellos"?
    12-02-2014 08:06 PM
    Do the laws change based on race or sexual preferences? Are you saying that things may have turned out differently for Michael Brown if a different officer had shown up for the call? If so, how?

Are we to believe that if a black officer had shown up and saw 2 men matching the description of robbery suspects that he would have ignored them walking in the middle of the street? Would a black officer just say "keep the rellos"?
    How many times does it need to be said:

Wilson didn't know Brown robbed the store.

And again people keep being racial, this goes for any race, culture or creed.
    12-02-2014 08:09 PM
    Well, the right wing Florida Family Association targeted this program to get TLC to cancel it. Why? Because it portrayed American Muslims as normal people. Let me say that again, "it portrayed American Muslims as normal people".
    Many people have complained about Duck Dynasty because of it's christian values. If the American Muslims were getting better ratings, it would still be on the air today.
    12-02-2014 08:12 PM
    FYI blacks only commit 52% of murder (not most) according to the FBI stats. Whites committed 45%. By the numbers (again FBI), Whites and Blacks committed almost the same (100 difference) amount for murders for people aged 22 and over. The disparity comes from those aged 17-24, where blacks committed more.

Straight statistics and numbers.

From FBI.gov
    Ummm, you do know that 52% is more than half, and is MOST, right? Besides that, blacks only make up 13% of the total population, yet account for 52% the murders? Do you not see a problem with that?
    12-02-2014 08:29 PM
    Many people have complained about Duck Dynasty because of it's christian values. If the American Muslims were getting better ratings, it would still be on the air today.
    OR another way of looking at it is if Americans were not so Muslim-phobic now, perhaps the show would have got better ratings. A chicken and egg problem.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-02-2014 08:31 PM
    Thread is closed for moderator review.
    12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 252627