12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 12345 ...
tools
    This guy's attitude says a lot about him and the police department. I can't fathom why this guy would be allowed to be a cop anywhere in the U.S. Maybe he'd be at home in a 3rd world dictatorship?

08-20-2014 12:06 PM
    Are you serious?

No, I am advocating a cop use whatever force is necessary to stop a subject if they are hell bent on ending that cops life (again, if the reports are true). If a suspect has already attempted to grab your gun, he wants to use it against you, which means at that point it's your life or his. So if he does succeed and overpowers the cop and gets his gun, he's no longer "unarmed" is he. So would it be safe to say then your stance is if the guy does get the cops gun and kills him, "tough ish" because he was too weak to knock him out or push him hard enough? His first response was to protect himself from having his gun taken from him. The first play was by Brown and that's when he decided to go after his gun.
    6 shots though? Really? If it takes a cop 6 shots then he probably shouldn't be a cop in the first place or needs to spend at least 5 years at a gun range. What if we outfitted cops with those guns that only respond to the owner's fingerprints? That would stop people from trying to go for an officer's weapon. Unfortunately, one of the biggest lobbying groups is against such technology, the NRA.....
    A895 likes this.
    08-20-2014 12:11 PM
    Are you serious?

No, I am advocating a cop use whatever force is necessary to stop a subject if they are hell bent on ending that cops life (again, if the reports are true). If a suspect has already attempted to grab your gun, he wants to use it against you, which means at that point it's your life or his. So if he does succeed and overpowers the cop and gets his gun, he's no longer "unarmed" is he. So would it be safe to say then your stance is if the guy does get the cops gun and kills him, "tough ish" because he was too weak to knock him out or push him hard enough? His first response was to protect himself from having his gun taken from him. The first play was by Brown and that's when he decided to go after his gun.
    My stance was he finds another way, that shows he is untrained. Again, you are advocating they use lethal force first.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2014 12:17 PM
    6 shots though? Really? If it takes a cop 6 shots then he probably shouldn't be a cop in the first place or needs to spend at least 5 years at a gun range. What if we outfitted cops with those guns that only respond to the owner's fingerprints? That would stop people from trying to go for an officer's weapon. Unfortunately, one of the biggest lobbying groups is against such technology, the NRA.....
    People have survived 19 gun shots. Hell 50 cent boasts that he was shot 9 times and lived. There is a 95% chance of surviving gun shots if you get to the ER quick enough. Only hits to the heart or the brain are usually fatal, but even then we've seen guys survive GSW to the head. It's not like it is in the movies.

If the officer dropped him with one shot cold dead you'd be questioning why he didn't shoot to incapacitate him.
    08-20-2014 12:21 PM
    People have survived 19 gun shots. Hell 50 cent boasts that he was shot 9 times and lived. There is a 95% chance of surviving gun shots if you get to the ER quick enough. Only hits to the heart or the brain are usually fatal, but even then we've seen guys survive GSW to the head. It's not like it is in the movies.
    haha, so now we're believing everything a rapper says?!?! Since we're getting close to Football season (which will be a nice distraction btw), my reply to you is.....

08-20-2014 12:41 PM
    haha, so now we're believing everything a rapper says?!?! Since we're getting close to Football season (which will be a nice distraction btw), my reply to you is.....

haha, the guys name was Darryl Baum. But lets disqualify that and the rest of the facts because facts are a *****.
    08-20-2014 12:49 PM
    Oh, my.

08-20-2014 12:50 PM
    I am disgusted that someone can even defend shooting first before trying other nonlethal methods on unarmed citizens.

08-20-2014 12:52 PM
    I am disgusted that someone can even defend shooting first before trying other nonlethal methods on unarmed citizens.

As am I, I mean you clearly want this cops head on a platter regardless of the facts and whats even more frightening is there could be someone like yourself in a 12 person Jury room.
    08-20-2014 01:05 PM
    So we should be feel bad because we feel injustice 80% of our lives and now when we have probable cause to actually get someone for a possible crime against a minority all of sudden we are bloodthirsty animals?

No, I am not going to feel bad for someone like that. Unless you are black, and know how it is to feel racism, discrimination, racial profiling, and the like, then you would have no clue why minorities want him hung out to dry.

again you are proving that you do not care about the truth in this case. You already decided he is guilty no matter what the out come is this is what you will decided.
    The media in this case is also not going after the truth but instead trying to make the issue worse.

As I pointed out and you are proving again and again you are out for blood. If the guy is guilty I am all for hanging him. If was due to racial profiling hang him.

I am not saying anything against that. What I am pointing out is you do not care about the truth. Your own post you made early stated that much. You want your blood. If that sounds like I am calling you blood thirsty so be it. It should make you step back and think about it. You can not be objective about this at all. The media is making it worse fanning the flames of both sides.
    08-20-2014 01:13 PM
    As am I, I mean you clearly want this cops head on a platter regardless of the facts and whats even more frightening is there could be someone like yourself in a 12 person Jury room.
    What facts? Nothing you said was fact. There has been nothing concrete saying he attacked the officer.

08-20-2014 01:42 PM
    again you are proving that you do not care about the truth in this case. You already decided he is guilty no matter what the out come is this is what you will decided.
    The media in this case is also not going after the truth but instead trying to make the issue worse.

As I pointed out and you are proving again and again you are out for blood. If the guy is guilty I am all for hanging him. If was due to racial profiling hang him.

I am not saying anything against that. What I am pointing out is you do not care about the truth. Your own post you made early stated that much. You want your blood. If that sounds like I am calling you blood thirsty so be it. It should make you step back and think about it. You can not be objective about this at all. The media is making it worse fanning the flames of both sides.
    So how do I be objective? Maybe because I still don't see the cops logic in shooting him, that is clouding my judgment, but again, as I always stated I do want to know the facts. I mean I changed my mind on Treyvon Martin, but I still don't excuse Zimmerman following him in the first place.

08-20-2014 01:44 PM
    What facts? Nothing you said was fact. There has been nothing concrete saying he attacked the officer.

Dude, you're on a witch hunt no matter what. You've already determined the man is guilty. So if the Grand Jury doesn't indict, or they do and the cop is found innocent, in your mind there has been an injustice and the cop should be behind bars. Your objectivity is out the window and now it's all about sticking it to the man at whatever cost.

If it comes out that Brown did in fact attempt to take the police officers gun, that is justification to use deadly force. The police have an obligation to protect the citizens from what this guy may do if he does get his gun. In addition to the fact that this cop has a right to go home to his family. We already know the cop suffered an orbital blowout which means he was punched with such force to fracture his eye socket, but he's a cop and he should just take it right? He should have just shoved him first according to you.
    08-20-2014 01:47 PM
    So how do I be objective? Maybe because I still don't see the cops logic in shooting him, that is clouding my judgment, but again, as I always stated I do want to know the facts. I mean I changed my mind on Treyvon Martin, but I still don't excuse Zimmerman following him in the first place.

Excuse the actions and stepping back are 2 different things. First key part is recognizing the fact that your emotions are clouding your judgment.

In this case it is safe to say there are a lot of missing pieces and the cry for blood is preventing or been allowing those pieces to be filled in. The kid should never of been shot. The catch is how to prevent it and where the mistakes were made. Far to much focus here is put on the shooting itself and not the events leading up to it. The important question of why was the cop there? Why did the police responses the way they did to the protest. Ect.

It was handled badly from the beginning. My fear is they are going to scapt goat the guy and not look at the larger more fundamental reasons of why this happened.
    zimmerman case he was guilty of a lot of things. Like following the person. And breaking a long list of rules set up in neighborhood watch. He still strikes me a guy who was looking for a fight. There was a reason he was turned down I believe multiple times from different pd.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    08-20-2014 01:52 PM
    I try to look at the big picture. Could a less than lethal option have been used? Was Brown behaving aggressively? Perhaps to either side, but unlike some of you, I don't get on a soapbox to preach about a situation that I was not personally a witness to.

Here's what we all do know. He did engage in criminal activities. When you engage in criminal activities your first stop in the legal system is going to be police agencies. So you're taking a voluntary risk of at some point being in an encounter with a representative of the justice system who carries a firearm. Live by the sword...
    08-20-2014 01:55 PM
    Dude, you're on a witch hunt no matter what. You've already determined the man is guilty. So if the Grand Jury doesn't indict, or they do and the cop is found innocent, in your mind there has been an injustice and the cop should be behind bars. Your objectivity is out the window and now it's all about sticking it to the man at whatever cost.

If it comes out that Brown did in fact attempt to take the police officers gun, that is justification to use deadly force. The police have an obligation to protect the citizens from what this guy may do if he does get his gun. In addition to the fact that this cop has a right to go home to his family. We already know the cop suffered an orbital blowout which means he was punched with such force to fracture his eye socket, but he's a cop and he should just take it right? He should have just shoved him first according to you.

He had multiple ways to take him down. Again you are advocating a cop uses deadly force first in a situation. That is unacceptable.

08-20-2014 03:11 PM
    Excuse the actions and stepping back are 2 different things. First key part is recognizing the fact that your emotions are clouding your judgment.

In this case it is safe to say there are a lot of missing pieces and the cry for blood is preventing or been allowing those pieces to be filled in. The kid should never of been shot. The catch is how to prevent it and where the mistakes were made. Far to much focus here is put on the shooting itself and not the events leading up to it. The important question of why was the cop there? Why did the police responses the way they did to the protest. Ect.

It was handled badly from the beginning. My fear is they are going to scapt goat the guy and not look at the larger more fundamental reasons of why this happened.
    zimmerman case he was guilty of a lot of things. Like following the person. And breaking a long list of rules set up in neighborhood watch. He still strikes me a guy who was looking for a fight. There was a reason he was turned down I believe multiple times from different pd.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Zimmerman seemed off to me. But that does not excuse Trayvon attacking him and threatening him. I wasn't too bugged out about that, but I admit I am sensitive about cops shooting people, especially when so far as we know there are ways he could have subdued him or handled it differently from the start.

08-20-2014 03:14 PM
    I try to look at the big picture. Could a less than lethal option have been used? Was Brown behaving aggressively? Perhaps to either side, but unlike some of you, I don't get on a soapbox to preach about a situation that I was not personally a witness to.

Here's what we all do know. He did engage in criminal activities. When you engage in criminal activities your first stop in the legal system is going to be police agencies. So you're taking a voluntary risk of at some point being in an encounter with a representative of the justice system who carries a firearm. Live by the sword...
    What criminal activities? The store incident? Because that is one activity and even then we don't have all the dets on that.

08-20-2014 03:15 PM
    I think also may consider, let's just say Michael Brown did reach for the cops fun, why would he do that? I know as a black man, I have seen multiple instances of white cops reaching for their weapons when confronting black males. Maybe Brown though he as going to get shot at then and tried to stop him fro reaching for it.

Just a thought. You also have to consider Ferguson, according to an article on Yahoo, if I remember correctly, the police force is 90% white there. Maybe food for thought.

08-20-2014 03:18 PM
    What criminal activities? The store incident? Because that is one activity and even then we don't have all the dets on that.

No offense but if you really think it's common for store robbers to be first time offenders rather than habitual repeat offenders you're street experience is REALLY limited. Don't bother replying with a rebuttal that it isn't either. If that was true you wouldn't have said that.
    08-20-2014 03:21 PM
    No offense but if you really think it's common for store robbers to be first time offenders rather than habitual repeat offenders you're street experience is REALLY limited. Don't bother replying with a rebuttal that it isn't either. If that was true you wouldn't have said that.
    That is the only incident that was released to the public. Where are you getting info that Brown was doing repeat crimes? Because that is my point, inferring that he was a regular store robber is not fact.

Also, as someone who grew up in the projects/hood I am VERY street competent. Assuming though makes a fool out of me and you.

08-20-2014 03:24 PM
    I think also may consider, let's just say Michael Brown did reach for the cops fun, why would he do that? I know as a black man, I have seen multiple instances of white cops reaching for their weapons when confronting black males. Maybe Brown though he as going to get shot at then and tried to stop him fro reaching for it.

Just a thought. You also have to consider Ferguson, according to an article on Yahoo, if I remember correctly, the police force is 90% white there. Maybe food for thought.

YOU DON'T REACH FOR A COPS GUN. Holy crap! I mean, this is common frigging sense. You also don't get to point a gun at a cop and claim you were doing so in self defense when he shoots you.
    08-20-2014 03:33 PM

Lol. I'm curious what the correlation is between his criminal background and racism.
    Here's the funny part. I have years of experience dealing with both cops and criminals. The criminals who are visible minorities hardly EVER pull the "racism" card like you just did. In fact they hold guys who do that in contempt. It's always the armchair critics with no experience in the game who are the first to make those accusations. The lawbreakers I've dealt with for the most part know the cost of getting caught and very rarely make it a race issue.

You know who I see get the most annoyed at people blaming racism and making accusations of police racial profiling? Non white police officers!
    08-20-2014 03:35 PM

Video: Timeline of robbery surveillance purportedly shows Michael Brown | FOX2now.com

Oh yeah, he looks like a boy scout.
    08-20-2014 03:36 PM
    YOU DON'T REACH FOR A COPS GUN. Holy crap! I mean, this is common frigging sense. You also don't get to point a gun at a cop and claim you were doing so in self defense when he shoots you.
    I know that, maybe he was trying to protect himself, we don't know for sure. Hell, is still isn't fact he even reached for the gun.

08-20-2014 03:59 PM
662 12345 ...