12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 23456 ...
tools
    "Purportedly" and Fox News says don't click in my mind.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Lol. I'm curious what the correlation is between his criminal background and racism.
    Here's the funny part. I have years of experience dealing with both cops and criminals. The criminals who are visible minorities hardly EVER pull the "racism" card like you just did. In fact they hold guys who do that in contempt. It's always the armchair critics with no experience in the game who are the first to make those accusations. The lawbreakers I've dealt with for the most part know the cost of getting caught and very rarely make it a race issue.

You know who I see get the most annoyed at people blaming racism and making accusations of police racial profiling? Non white police officers!
    His criminal background? You are still assuming.

08-20-2014 04:01 PM
    "Purportedly" and Fox News says don't click in my mind.

Local Fox station is not Fox News and what difference does it make the surveillance video is pretty self evident.
    08-20-2014 04:07 PM
    Local Fox station is not Fox News and what difference does it make the surveillance video is pretty self evident.
    Yeah something went down, but it had absolutely zero to do with the shooting.

08-20-2014 04:13 PM
    His choice of lifestyle did. And no I'm not saying every small time thug deserves to be killed, which is obviously just as stupid as saying that's what I'm saying.
    I am saying that living a criminal lifestyle carries an inherent risk of violence. He could just as easily been gunned down by a shopkeeper. Or a homeowner during a break in. That's life when you participate in crime.
    If that shopkeeper was my son or father or brother being terrorized by a thug, and ended up being shot dead for it, I wouldn't feel bad for Brown. I'd feel bad for his family for having a family member who went bad, but not for him.
    Criminal lifestyle? Jesus, stop. A store incident which we don't have all the facts on gives him a criminal lifestyle, and now you think he got what was coming for him? Jesus wept.

08-20-2014 04:39 PM
    Don't be naive. Store robbery wasn't his first crack at being a crook.
    If there is evidence to the contrary as far as we know it was.

Yeah. I once read a sad report about a state trooper who tried to fight off an assailant going after his gun, lost, and ended up orphaning his 4 year old little girl. Assailant was a drunk, no previous record.

Another great idea from your extensive armchair experience in law and crime.
    A grown man would have lost a fight to skinny tall 18 year old? Unlikely story.

08-20-2014 05:11 PM

So is a thug robbing a store being a first time offender. So is losing a struggle to a drunk. I'm certainly happy to discover you're now also an expert on impact factors and unarmed conflict though.
    08-20-2014 05:44 PM
    YOU DON'T REACH FOR A COPS GUN. Holy crap! I mean, this is common frigging sense. You also don't get to point a gun at a cop and claim you were doing so in self defense when he shoots you.
    Why then wasn't this guy filled with 6 bullets?

How Can We Stop Things Like This?-bundy-ranch-sniper.png

I'm not a black man, but even I see the double standard here. Regardless of what facts come out, this should be a wake-up call for all parties.
    A895 and rexxman like this.
    08-20-2014 06:03 PM
    Michael Brown was tall and stocky to say the least. Some places were reporting him weighing in at nearly 300lbs. Skinny he was not.
    rexxman likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:05 PM
    Why then wasn't this guy filled with 6 bullets?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bundy-ranch-sniper.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	666.8 KB 
ID:	132962

I'm not a black man, but even I see the double standard here. Regardless of what facts come out, this should be a wake-up call for all parties.

I've been pretty clear that I think pointing a gun at a federal agent should get you shot and/or put in jail. I think Bundy's son should have been shot or tased for kicking a police dog. At the very least he should have received 20+ stitches cause I would have released the dog on him.

With the above picture, putting 6 bullets in man looking through a 2 inch crack in a 6-8inch thick wall of concrete from 1000yds away would have been a bit tricky. Although since you criticize the cop for requiring 6 bullets to drop a 300lbs man, I'm sure you would have had the skill. If said man was approaching officers staring down his sight at them and they could actually see him, I'm sure he'd be in the same place Brown is right now.
    08-20-2014 06:18 PM

Skinny kid? He was 300+lbs. lol
    08-20-2014 06:20 PM
    Criminal lifestyle? Jesus, stop. A store incident which we don't have all the facts on gives him a criminal lifestyle, and now you think he got what was coming for him? Jesus wept.

The surveillance video was pretty conclusive. He and his friend stole multiple packs of cigars (probably to smoke drugs in), grabbed the clerk by the throat and shoved him aside, then came after him again only to force the clerk to retreat. Convenience store clerks don't try locking the doors on paying customers. Is this the behavior you display when you pay for something in a store?
    08-20-2014 06:23 PM
    I've been pretty clear that I think pointing a gun at a federal agent should get you shot and/or put in jail. I think Bundy's son should have been shot or tased for kicking a police dog. At the very least he should have received 20+ stitches cause I would have released the dog on him.

With the above picture, putting 6 bullets in man looking through a 2 inch crack in a 6-8inch thick wall of concrete from 1000yds away would have been a bit tricky. Although since you criticize the cop for requiring 6 bullets to drop a 300lbs man, I'm sure you would have had the skill. If said man was approaching officers staring down his sight at them and they could actually see him, I'm sure he'd be in the same place Brown is right now.
    And interestingly enough, this "would be" sniper didn't get arrested..... Just out of curiosity, what do you think would happen if a black man was perched up on a building with a high powered sniper rifle aimed at police during some of the protests here?

The biggest problem with this whole situation is empathy based. Many of you are talking about the "poor officer" that shows you have more empathy for him regardless of the outcome of facts. But lets be honest here, the officer is alive and will see another day. The alleged perpetrator will never see another day, but I guess even an ounce of empathy for him is too much to ask.

And for the record, that convenience store video does make me think he was just a bully thug, but an officer should never take it upon themselves to be judge/jury and executioner.
    A895 likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:50 PM
    And interestingly enough, this "would be" sniper didn't get arrested..... Just out of curiosity, what do you think would happen if a black man was perched up on a building with a high powered sniper rifle aimed at police during some of the protests here?

The biggest problem with this whole situation is empathy based. Many of you are talking about the "poor officer" that shows you have more empathy for him regardless of the outcome of facts. But lets be honest here, the officer is alive and will see another day. The alleged perpetrator will never see another day, but I guess even an ounce of empathy for him is too much to ask.

And for the record, that convenience store video does make me think he was just a bully thug, but an officer should never take it upon themselves to be judge/jury and executioner.
    Well did they see this would be sniper? Can they identify him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-20-2014 07:44 PM
    So is a thug robbing a store being a first time offender. So is losing a struggle to a drunk. I'm certainly happy to discover you're now also an expert on impact factors and unarmed conflict though.
    Stop, cmon be serious and realistic for 2 seconds. And you are a better judge on unarmed combat than I am? All of sudden a 18 yo skinny kid will beat up an armed trained officer?

08-20-2014 08:12 PM
    Michael Brown was tall and stocky to say the least. Some places were reporting him weighing in at nearly 300lbs. Skinny he was not.
    Still does not negate the fact that police officers are trained in armed and unarmed combat. I mean, that is basics. What would a kid have on experience and training?

Mooncatt likes this.
    08-20-2014 08:14 PM
    The surveillance video was pretty conclusive. He and his friend stole multiple packs of cigars (probably to smoke drugs in), grabbed the clerk by the throat and shoved him aside, then came after him again only to force the clerk to retreat. Convenience store clerks don't try locking the doors on paying customers. Is this the behavior you display when you pay for something in a store?
    So this excuses being shot 6 times? This makes him a career criminal?

08-20-2014 08:15 PM
    So this excuses being shot 6 times? This makes him a career criminal?

Didn't say that, I'm merely stating what you fail to see on that surveillance video. Because according to you "we don't have all the facts as to what happen in the store". It does however show his propensity to come back at someone, just like the reports about him coming back at the cop. We aren't talking about a choir boy.

08-20-2014 08:20 PM
    I hope you're not including me in that. Personally I don't even know why someone INVARIABLY has to make these things into a question of racism EVERY single time the cop is white and the citizen isn't. Do you ever hear about incidents concerning white citizens with cops who aren't white? Oops what's that I hear? Sounds like crickets. Hypocrites with a sense of entitlement these days are not a rarity.

I reserve an equal amount of contempt for racism and unjustified accusations of it. I reserve an equal amount of contempt for criminals and abusive law enforcement. However in this case we have a videotape of an individual clearly being shown to be a disgusting animal. When some evidence surfaces of past misconduct being shown by the cop, let me know and I promise to be just as hard on him.

if Brown thought "thugz life" was so great he should've been better at it. Live by the sword die by the sword. None of this would've ever happened if he hadn't decided to live like a streetpunk. Karma sucks. At least now the likelihood of some elderly lady being pistol whipped and robbed in her home some day has been reduced by one person. Had you shown me a video of a cop using disgusting excessive force on an innocent I'd have just as little sympathy and just as much contempt. Regardless of color. Except the difference with me is that I'd speak to the actions not the race.
    There are a lot of studies out there that show there's a disproportionate amount of minorities incarcerated. Look at the statistics from this particular police department. Go to 4:15 of the video. Also the video is NSW.

I understand that we have a black president now, so obviously all facts aside, racism is over right? One of the biggest problems we have is that a society, the majority of us are perfectly happy with kicking the can down the road and not addressing this issue head on. Continuing to sweep it under the rug is only going to cause it to swell even more.
    A895 likes this.
    08-20-2014 08:29 PM
    There are also proportionally less Japanese incarcerated than any other race per capita. Last time I checked, they're a visible minority. Why is that?

Why?
    I wonder how that statistic would hold up if they were subjected to the same socioeconomic conditions as the other races, which should answer your original question of "why?".
    A895 and GadgetGator like this.
    08-20-2014 08:57 PM
    Still does not negate the fact that police officers are trained in armed and unarmed combat. I mean, that is basics. What would a kid have on experience and training?
    I don't claim to know the level of hand to hand combat police are trained in, or if they're trained at all in all jurisdictions. What I do know is that officers are trained in several methods of subduing an attacker, be it by hand, gun, night stick, tazer, etc. They also have to be able to make snap judgements based on the circumstances at hand and can't always afford to err on the side of caution. If you've got a 300 lb attacker charging you, that would be different than if that same person was just standing back and threatening you.

Even if the officer is well trained in hand to hand, size still matters, and he could have still been overpowered. Who knows, the guy could have also been trained in martial arts. The officer wouldn't have known that. Tazers are also not full proof and can sometimes not take someone down. That leaves little else when seconds count.

Am I saying that's what happened? No. No one here knows exactly what happened, but that doesn't mean you can automatically assume one way or the other. Don't mistake me for siding with the officer. I'm leaving that up to the investigators to decide once all the evidence is in.

What I am against is the looting and rooting over this. Especially from the people from out of state coming there for no other reason than to do so. Protest all you want, but vandalizing and stealing from innocent people and business owners serves no purpose there.
    08-20-2014 08:57 PM
    Didn't say that, I'm merely stating what you fail to see on that surveillance video. Because according to you "we don't have all the facts as to what happen in the store". It does however show his propensity to come back at someone, just like the reports about him coming back at the cop. We aren't talking about a choir boy.

We also aren't talking about a career criminal but it STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SHOOTING regardless.

08-20-2014 09:10 PM
    I don't claim to know the level of hand to hand combat police are trained in, or if they're trained at all in all jurisdictions. What I do know is that officers are trained in several methods of subduing an attacker, be it by hand, gun, night stick, tazer, etc. They also have to be able to make snap judgements based on the circumstances at hand and can't always afford to err on the side of caution. If you've got a 300 lb attacker charging you, that would be different than if that same person was just standing back and threatening you.

Even if the officer is well trained in hand to hand, size still matters, and he could have still been overpowered. Who knows, the guy could have also been trained in martial arts. The officer wouldn't have known that. Tazers are also not full proof and can sometimes not take someone down. That leaves little else when seconds count.

Am I saying that's what happened? No. No one here knows exactly what happened, but that doesn't mean you can automatically assume one way or the other. Don't mistake me for siding with the officer. I'm leaving that up to the investigators to decide once all the evidence is in.

What I am against is the looting and rooting over this. Especially from the people from out of state coming there for no other reason than to do so. Protest all you want, but vandalizing and stealing from innocent people and business owners serves no purpose there.
    I feel you on that last bit, those are people taking advantage of the situation. Can't speak for them, but there are a large number of people who are just protesting and not rioting too.

08-20-2014 09:13 PM
    I wonder how that statistic would hold up if they were subjected to the same socioeconomic conditions as the other races, which should answer your original question of "why?".
    Do you mean that the socioeconomic conditions of some races, ie. poverty etc, leads to higher commission of crime, resulting in disproportionately higher rates of incarceration?
    08-20-2014 09:17 PM
    Do you mean that the socioeconomic conditions of some races, ie. poverty etc, leads to higher commission of crime, resulting in disproportionately higher rates of incarceration?
    Or or or, decades of poverty, slavery, and segregation. Plus newer generations being born into the same problems makes the cycle keep spinning, especially since there is little outside help. But lwrs keep believing minorities problems are all the result of their own actions. This comes from decades of actions AGAINST them and even now media vilifies Brown, and focus on rioting to distract from the real issue.

nolittdroid likes this.
    08-20-2014 09:42 PM
662 ... 23456 ...