12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 45678 ...
tools
    From which incident?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I believe both were related to a robbery. Lets not forget there was another man who was involved in that as well.
    08-21-2014 12:09 PM
    I believe both were related to a robbery. Lets not forget there was another man who was involved in that as well.
    And? This still has nothing to do with the shooting. I don't know how many times I have to say that. Nothing from that situation had anything to do with that situation.

08-21-2014 12:16 PM
    That should pollute the waters nicely as it has nothing to do with this incident.
    08-21-2014 12:30 PM
    And? This still has nothing to do with the shooting. I don't know how many times I have to say that. Nothing from that situation had anything to do with that situation.

Pretty sure the police chief stated the two are separate incidents.
    08-21-2014 12:30 PM
    Pretty sure the police chief stated the two are separate incidents.
    So there is no need to bring the robbery back up then and no reason to continue to try to vilify Michael.

08-21-2014 12:46 PM
    That should pollute the waters nicely as it has nothing to do with this incident.
    But it does have to with why so many people have this deep seated reason for backing this and why people are continuing to bring up race in relation to this issue. But I know this is more a police and people issue than a race one.

08-21-2014 12:47 PM
    So there is no need to bring the robbery back up then and no reason to continue to try to vilify Michael.

If the two are separate issues then it shouldn't matter if the police brought it up should it?
    08-21-2014 12:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure I was clear in the very same post your quoting from when I put in parentheses "if the reports are true".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, you did state that at the beginning, but considering how you wrote things at the end, combined with your other post in this thread, it seems like you've already made up your mind that this guy was a repeat offender and that this end was inevitable or even justified .

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    Here's a question... Why is this guy's race important? What evidence is there to suggest that the color of his skin had anything to do with the incident? What suggests the cop is racist? Police shoot and kill all the time. Many times the person being shot is unarmed. Why is this case so much more important than all the other cases?
    plumbrich likes this.
    But it does have to with why so many people have this deep seated reason for backing this and why people are continuing to bring up race in relation to this issue. But I know this is more a police and people issue than a race one.

It has NOTHING to do with this incident.
    08-21-2014 12:56 PM
    If the two are separate issues then it shouldn't matter if the police brought it up should it?
    It doesn't but the media keeps taking things and running with it and vilifying the victim. And people watching and reading are just eating it all up.

08-21-2014 12:57 PM
    Here's a question... Why is this guy's race important? What evidence is there to suggest that the color of his skin had anything to do with the incident? What suggests the cop is racist? Police shoot and kill all the time. Many times the person being shot is unarmed. Why is this case so much more important than all the other cases?
    You just showed a lack of understanding of what the situation is about. Have you not read this thread at least?

08-21-2014 12:59 PM
    It has NOTHING to do with this incident.
    Then if it doesn't, then you'll have nothing else to say about the robbery.

08-21-2014 12:59 PM
    Yes, you did state that at the beginning, but considering how you wrote things at the end, combined with your other post in this thread, it seems like you've already made up your mind that this guy was a repeat offender and that this end was inevitable or even justified .

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm not responsible for your assertions and how you peace together my statements. I've been very clear, just as clear as some who have stated they want vigilante justice regardless of the facts. The officer has a blown out eye socket, we can pretty much throw away the "he was peaceful and surrendered with his arms up in the air when the officer just started unloading" story though?
    08-21-2014 01:00 PM

In at least one of the reports I have heard, the officer had told the two men to get out of the middle of the street and was leaving the scene when the report of the robbery came over the radio. Realizing the description matched the men he had just talked to, he was returning to then when he was assaulted. If this account is true, the robbery is very important to the story.
    08-21-2014 01:02 PM
    It doesn't but the media keeps taking things and running with it and vilifying the victim. And people watching and reading are just eating it all up.

A victim who the protesters and rioters wanted everyone to believe was a 18yr old innocent child who was gunned down with his hands in the air. Tell me something, if the cop had a mark on his record for excessive force, do we ignore it because that incident is separate from this one?
    08-21-2014 01:03 PM
    I'm not responsible for your assertions and how you peace together my statements. I've been very clear, just as clear as some who have stated they want vigilante justice regardless of the facts. The officer has a blown out eye socket, we can pretty much throw away the "he was peaceful and surrendered with his arms up in the air when the officer just started unloading" story though?
    You can throw away whatever you want, but it seems you don't practice what you preach, I thought we can't condemn until all facts are presented?

GadgetGator likes this.
    08-21-2014 01:07 PM
    A victim who the protesters and rioters wanted everyone to believe was a 18yr old innocent child who was gunned down with his hands in the air. Tell me something, if the cop had a mark on his record for excessive force, do we ignore it because that incident is separate from this one?
    You have are already condemned Michael as criminal SEVERAL times in this thread. He is not, he was gunned down by a cop. If the cop had excessive force record it WOULD be relevant because HE IS A COP. Stop and think for a second.

08-21-2014 01:09 PM
    In at least one of the reports I have heard, the officer had told the two men to get out of the middle of the street and was leaving the scene when the report of the robbery came over the radio. Realizing the description matched the men he had just talked to, he was returning to then when he was assaulted. If this account is true, the robbery is very important to the story.
    No it is not, it is already a stated fact the cop who shot Michael Brown knew zero about the robbery, so it is not relevant.

08-21-2014 01:11 PM
    You have are already condemned Michael as criminal SEVERAL times in this thread. He is not, he was gunned down by a cop. If the cop had excessive force record it WOULD be relevant because HE IS A COP. Stop and think for a second.

So strong armed robbery isn't a criminal act? I'll remember that when I go get gas tonight.
    08-21-2014 01:13 PM
    You just showed a lack of understanding of what the situation is about. Have you not read this thread at least?

You ignored the question... What insinuates that race was a factor in this incident?

I have seen nothing to suggest any racism at foot here, yet every argument seems contingent on race being a factor. Why is that?
    08-21-2014 01:15 PM
    It is disgusting when someone dies that their name has to be tarnished. He was a college bound 18 yo, he did stupid stuff like claiming thug life and stealing cigarellos. And? This so the same thing you can accuse 20/100 other black males his age, what happened is that people want to make it seem as okay as possible that the cop was right to shoot an unarmed citizen when he was not.

No matter how you piece together the situation, there is no way a cop is trained to shoot unarmed people multiple times. And that is the real issue, cops using excessive force, the only reason race has bee brought up is because the cop was white, and the boy was black. And cops have a history of using excessive force and being aggressive towards Black Americans.

And no, the robbery has zero to do with this situation, so it should not be brought up any further in this thread. Lets stick to the topic at hand which is cops using extreme force on citizens.

08-21-2014 01:16 PM
    So strong armed robbery isn't a criminal act? I'll remember that when I go get gas tonight.
    Did he have a weapon? No. Then that isn't strong armed robbery. If you are white you definitely won't get labeled a "disgusting animal" for stealing cigars.

08-21-2014 01:18 PM
    You can throw away whatever you want, but it seems you don't practice what you preach, I thought we can't condemn until all facts are presented?

I haven't condemn anyone, I haven't been the one arguing the cop is guilty until proven innocent. I just haven't bought into the notion Brown was a cub scout.

I think there are some who want the truth, but at the same time, a lot know the shooting shouldn't have happened and want to see the cop go down for murder which is what I agree with.

What part of that statement screams "lets wait for the facts".
    08-21-2014 01:20 PM
    No it is not, it is already a stated fact the cop who shot Michael Brown knew zero about the robbery, so it is not relevant.

It is not a stated fact, it is one of many versions of the story that is going around right now. Unless I have missed it, we have not even heard a statement from the cop. IF it turns out he had heard the robbery call, he knew the suspect was dangerous. IF Michael Brown beat on him and tried to take his weapon, he probably was in fear for his life.
    08-21-2014 01:23 PM
662 ... 45678 ...