12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Did he have a weapon? No. Then that isn't strong armed robbery. If you are white you definitely won't get labeled a "disgusting animal" for stealing cigars.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Familiarize yourself with the law, strong armed robbery refers to the use of physical force. ARMED robbery would indicate a weapon was used.

Don't ask me to respond to someone else's words.
    08-21-2014 01:23 PM
    I haven't condemn anyone, I haven't been the one arguing the cop is guilty until proven innocent. I just haven't bought into the notion Brown was a cub scout.
    No he wasn't but nor is the majority of black makes his age. Stop trying to justify the shooting.

What part of that statement screams "lets wait for the facts".
    What part of your statement " disgusting animal" and "criminal" read the same?

08-21-2014 01:26 PM
    It is not a stated fact, it is one of many versions of the story that is going around right now. Unless I have missed it, we have not even heard a statement from the cop. IF it turns out he had heard the robbery call, he knew the suspect was dangerous. IF Michael Brown beat on him and tried to take his weapon, he probably was in fear for his life.
    The POLICE CHIEF SAID IT. Do you not fact check? And you are just trying to push ANOTHER version of the story.

08-21-2014 01:27 PM
    08-21-2014 01:28 PM
    Familiarize yourself with the law, strong armed robbery refers to the use of physical force. ARMED robbery would indicate a weapon was used.

Don't ask me to respond to someone else's words.
    So Brown beat down the store clerk and robbed him? Or did he push the clerk and run with some cigars probably not worth more than $10-$20? Stop trying to make him a criminal.

08-21-2014 01:29 PM
    No he wasn't but nor is the majority of black makes his age. Stop trying to justify the shooting.

What part of your statement " disgusting animal" and "criminal" read the same?

I never used the term "disgusting animal". Don't pin me with it. Was he a criminal, we have surveillance video that shows he took up at least one criminal activity.
    08-21-2014 01:31 PM
    Thank you for this, saw this video yesterday. Cops are getting out of hand. And they had the gall to lie about it.

08-21-2014 01:32 PM
    I never used the term "disgusting animal". Don't pin me with it. Was he a criminal, we have surveillance video that shows he took up at least one criminal activity.
    Yeah, just one, and the one incident that has nothing to do with the shooting. Glad we got that established finally.

08-21-2014 01:33 PM
    So Brown beat down the store clerk and robbed him? Or did he push the clerk and run with some cigars probably not worth more than $10-$20? Stop trying to make him a criminal.

It's evident you don't understand the difference between a strong armed robbery and an armed robbery. Is robbery a crime? If you answer yes, he is a criminal. Clearly we don't know what a crime is anymore which may explain the incarceration rate.
    08-21-2014 01:34 PM
    The cop that shot him didn't have that information though, so what you're saying is as long as he was engaged in criminal activity, the officer killing him was cleared? If that's the case, why not have officers shoot white males wearing suits on Wall Street? I mean they obviously are part of the system that brought our economy down to its knees right? Shoot first ask questions later right?
    A895 likes this.
    08-21-2014 01:41 PM
    The POLICE CHIEF SAID IT. Do you not fact check? And you are just trying to push ANOTHER version of the story.

Fact check? Like the FACT that Michael Brown had just committed a violent crime? The FACT that the officer involved has a spotless record? The FACT that there are several different statements released and most point to the officer being justified in his actions? You have already started in this thread that you have no interest in the truth, you just want to see this cop go down for this.
    08-21-2014 01:42 PM
    It's evident you don't understand the difference between a strong armed robbery and an armed robbery. Is robbery a crime? If you answer yes, he is a criminal. Clearly we don't know what a crime is anymore which may explain the incarceration rate.
    So this makes this one incident which in reality would probably get him a fine, and maybe a day in jail. But getting shot multiple times is not a proper punishment at all.

08-21-2014 01:47 PM
    The cop that shot him didn't have that information though, so what you're saying is as long as he was engaged in criminal activity, the officer killing him was cleared? If that's the case, why not have officers shoot white males wearing suits on Wall Street? I mean they obviously are part of the system that brought our economy down to its knees right? Shoot first ask questions later right?

That's an interesting way to spin my words. A895 REPEATEDLY has stated to "stop making him a criminal". I'm simply stating the video evidence shows he clearly was. I never said it was justification. The only justification I have stated was that if Brown assaulted/struck the cop and/or went for his gun (IF THE REPORTS ARE TRUE), the use of force would be justified.
    08-21-2014 01:47 PM
    Fact check? Like the FACT that Michael Brown had just committed a violent crime? The FACT that the officer involved has a spotless record? The FACT that there are several different statements released and most point to the officer being justified in his actions? You have already started in this thread that you have no interest in the truth, you just want to see this cop go down for this.
    Violent crime? Did he beat the clerk down? No. Did the cop shoot him multiple times? Yes.

I hate how people say there are multiple versions while pushing their own version, ironic.

08-21-2014 01:50 PM
    That's an interesting way to spin my words. A895 REPEATEDLY has stated to "stop making him a criminal". I'm simply stating the video evidence shows he clearly was. I never said it was justification. The only justification I have stated was that if Brown assaulted/struck the cop and/or went for his gun (IF THE REPORTS ARE TRUE), the use of force would be justified.
    NO IT WOULDN'T, that is the point! Nothing justifies the shooting which you and other failing to understand.

08-21-2014 01:51 PM
    NO IT WOULDN'T, that is the point! Nothing justifies the shooting which you and other failing to understand.

Since you don't know the difference between strong armed and armed robbery, I'm not surprised you don't know the rules for use of force in police departments. If a police officers life is in danger (one of the facts we have yet to hear about), he/she may use deadly force. You have fractions of a second to make a decision and re-holstering your service weapon and locating your tazer when a subject is closing the distance is a quick way to wind up dead for a cop. You don't think you're gonna get shot if you grab a cops gun (IF THE REPORTS ARE TRUE).
    08-21-2014 02:01 PM
    Since you don't know the difference between strong armed and armed robbery, I'm not surprised you don't know the rules for use of force in police departments. If a police officers life is in danger (one of the facts we have yet to hear about), he/she may use deadly force. You have fractions of a second to make a decision and re-holstering your service weapon and locating your tazer when a subject is closing the distance is a quick way to wind up dead for a cop. You don't think you're gonna get shot if you grab a cops gun (IF THE REPORTS ARE TRUE).
    I'm also surprised so you keep advocating for lethal violence when there are MULTIPLE ways to take someone down that don't involve shooting them.

08-21-2014 02:03 PM
    I'm also surprised so you keep advocating for lethal violence when there are MULTIPLE ways to take someone down that don't involve shooting them.

It's easy to be an arm chair QB when you have all the time in the world, cops have split seconds. Maybe we should take away all the guns from the cops since you feel there is never reason to use them.

Maybe we should go through and list out what a person should be allowed to get away with doing to do to a police officer and not get shot?

The courts are clear as documented in case law regarding reasonable force. Officers are not required to use or try lesser alternatives to work up to reasonable force. What that means is they don't have to try their hands first, baton second, taser third, gun last.
    08-21-2014 02:08 PM
    It's easy to be an arm chair QB when you have all the time in the world, cops have split seconds. Maybe we should take away all the guns from the cops since you feel there is never reason to use them.

Maybe we should go through and list out what a person should be allowed to get away with doing to do to a police officer and not get shot?

The courts are clear as documented in case law regarding reasonable force. Officers are not required to use or try lesser alternatives to work up to reasonable force. What that means is they don't have to try their hands first, baton second, taser third, gun last.
    And that is what is wrong with the police force! Finally! We reached the point of the thread which is cops have too much leeway, and can use excessive force first on citizens when this is not acceptable. Gun should be last, the have no right to take someones life, least of all someone who is unarmed.

08-21-2014 02:26 PM
    And that is what is wrong with the police force! Finally! We reached the point of the thread which is cops have too much leeway, and can use excessive force first on citizens when this is not acceptable. Gun should be last, the have no right to take someones life, least of all someone who is unarmed.

Cops can still be charged with excessive force so there is still going to be someone who oversees all use of force. It just has to be justifiable. Beating the daylights out of someone with a baton who's face down with their fingers interlaced who happens to spit on you would be deemed excessive. If the cops life is in danger, lethal force is justified. People have killed using nothing but their two hands. Attempting to take an officers gun is a good way to get yourself killed.
    08-21-2014 02:34 PM
    Cops can still be charged with excessive force so there is still going to be someone who oversees all use of force. It just has to be justifiable. Beating the daylights out of someone with a baton who's face down with their fingers interlaced who happens to spit on you would be deemed excessive. If the cops life is in danger, lethal force is justified. People have killed using nothing but their two hands. Attempting to take an officers gun is a good way to get yourself killed.
    No it is a good way go get yourself arrested. You are trying to justify the shooting, when that is just not going to happen. And still you keep pishing for the version that he reached for the cops gun when that is still in question.

You are still trying to advocate lethal force when it is NOT justifiable in this situation.

08-21-2014 02:40 PM

But you're saying that he was a "criminal" based on the video footage and thus the cop may be justified in shooting. The cop had NO PRIOR knowledge that he had just robbed that store so your theory is moot.
    A895 likes this.
    08-21-2014 02:48 PM
    No it is a good way go get yourself arrested. You are trying to justify the shooting, when that is just not going to happen. And still you keep pishing for the version that he reached for the cops gun when that is still in question.

You are still trying to advocate lethal force when it is NOT justifiable in this situation.

Get back to me if when you check back into reality if you think grabbing a cops guns won't get you shot. You may be the only person I know who thinks that won't lead to dire consequences.
    08-21-2014 02:52 PM
    That should pollute the waters nicely as it has nothing to do with this incident.

Someone mentioned something about how they thought the disproportionate amount of people being stopped in this town had more to do with skin color (and the propensity to commit such acts because of their skin color) than with socioeconomic conditions, thus I think it's definitely relevant. I guess if you have already turned a blind eye to this, then you probably won't notice the correlation.
    08-21-2014 02:58 PM
    Get back to me if when you check back into reality if you think grabbing a cops guns won't get you shot. You may be the only person I know who thinks that won't lead to dire consequences.
    Stop, taking that version and running with it. WE DO NOT KNOW THAT HAPPENED. And the cop still isn't justified in shooting him SIX TIMES! That is excessively extreme. And you are saying "oh he reached for the gun", so that means bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang? Did he touch the gun? By your theory, reaching for a cop means they can shoot you dead. So that means no one is allowed to go near cops? Because getting too close, means they can shoot you to death.

08-21-2014 03:01 PM
662 ... 56789 ...