09-05-2014 05:03 AM
42 12
tools
    I Very sad for the child and the range guys family. Looks like he became displacement an it cost him his life and trauma to a child. Very sad. My children grew up shooting my guns full and semi automatic but growing up around them and shooting them is different than a one time outing shooting first time (assuming). Very sad indeed.

What guns are needed to keep a tyrannical government in check? Lots of choices, in Boston 2 guys with pistols and a pressure cooker locked an intire city down. So theoretically 2 men in each major city on the same day can pretty much lock the country down into chaos and steam roll from there.

Watching YouTube on the Rodney king riots should give an idea of how easily our country men armed with little weaponry can crush governments. Also these riots show me and enforce the need to have a weapon to protect my family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    09-01-2014 05:19 AM
    I was in the military and nobody in the military is going to follow an illegal order from a tyrannical government to shoot unarmed civilians. People need to stop listening to Alex Jones. There is no new world order that flies around in unmarked black helicopters picking people up and putting them in FEMA labor camps.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    09-01-2014 01:36 PM
    I was in the military and nobody in the military is going to follow an illegal order from a tyrannical government to shoot unarmed civilians. People need to stop listening to Alex Jones. There is no new world order that flies around in unmarked black helicopters picking people up and putting them in FEMA labor camps.
    But I like listening to Alex Jones!! "She's a lady" is one of my faves! Oh wait, might be the wrong Jones..... Is Alex Jones the guy that's screwing up my Cowboys? Yeah I hate that guy.....
    09-01-2014 02:25 PM
    why should a 9 years old kid be learning hw to fire a UZI? No sence at all
    09-01-2014 04:45 PM
    So a 6-shooter is enough to keep a tyrannical government in check? If not, what kind of gun do you think would keep a tyrannical government in check exactly?

You like to move the goal posts. First, no one is walking around with "assault weapons", most homicides in this country are committed with smaller caliper hand guns. The left and the MSM like to show a M4 Carbine when talking about gun control because it looks a lot more scary than a revolver.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people who claim they have guns to keep the US government at bay are crack pots. However you have two choices walking down a street in the city of Chicago when a flash mob (4-5 guys) pops up ready to pummel you for your Nexus 5. 1. Take the beating and hope the cops catch them and you don't end up like Bryan Stow. 2. Protect yourself and/or your family like you should be willing to do.
    09-02-2014 05:26 PM
    You like to move the goal posts. First, no one is walking around with "assault weapons", most homicides in this country are committed with smaller caliper hand guns. The left and the MSM like to show a M4 Carbine when talking about gun control because it looks a lot more scary than a revolver.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people who claim they have guns to keep the US government at bay are crack pots. However you have two choices walking down a street in the city of Chicago when a flash mob (4-5 guys) pops up ready to pummel you for your Nexus 5. 1. Take the beating and hope the cops catch them and you don't end up like Bryan Stow. 2. Protect yourself and/or your family like you should be willing to do.
    lol, talk about moving the goal posts.... You just posted something about "tyrannical governments" then changed it to "4-5 guys". So which is it? As far as gun control, it's simply that, making sure some crazed individual can't get his/her hand on something that can be used on a mass of people. Look how crazy we went when we claimed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. We destroyed a country. I'm pretty sure if you asked the stewards of their weapons, they'd tell you "we just want to protect our country from 4-5 other countries flash mobbing us for our oil...." Funny how people try to justify their logic to suit their needs. And please spare me the whole, "But Iraq isn't a U.S. Citizen" because if you believe it's a right based on a geographical location. If it's not a universal right then it doesn't hold water.
    A895 likes this.
    09-02-2014 07:58 PM

Pretty sure if those 4-5 guys have guns, you will be outgunned and your one gun won't be protecting you from anything.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri likes this.
    09-02-2014 11:51 PM
    They both seem stupid the girl shouldn,t have shot him even if it was "accidently".... and the guy shouldn,t be standing there where he cloud get shot.

Im happy to live in Denmark where that stuff never happen.
    At the very least, the gun range where the accident happened will institute new safety rules.

If the people of Arizona want stricter laws, they can ask their representatives to introduce new legislation. For example, they could require people to demonstrate competency in the use of a single-shot firearm before using something like an Uzi.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    09-03-2014 04:16 PM
    At the very least, the gun range where the accident happened will institute new safety rules.

If the people of Arizona want stricter laws, they can ask their representatives to introduce new legislation. For example, they could require people to demonstrate competency in the use of a single-shot firearm before using something like an Uzi.
    accident? well i dont think so it very hard to shoot someone by "accident" and Arizona wont get stricter laws by that. and safety rules wont help in this case.
    09-04-2014 01:27 AM
    lol, talk about moving the goal posts.... You just posted something about "tyrannical governments" then changed it to "4-5 guys". So which is it? As far as gun control, it's simply that, making sure some crazed individual can't get his/her hand on something that can be used on a mass of people. Look how crazy we went when we claimed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. We destroyed a country. I'm pretty sure if you asked the stewards of their weapons, they'd tell you "we just want to protect our country from 4-5 other countries flash mobbing us for our oil...." Funny how people try to justify their logic to suit their needs. And please spare me the whole, "But Iraq isn't a U.S. Citizen" because if you believe it's a right based on a geographical location. If it's not a universal right then it doesn't hold water.
    I have one other post in this thread besides the one you quoted and in it I stated the Range worker was an ***** for handing a novice shooter an full auto sub machine gun. No where in this thread did I post anything regarding "tyrannical governments", I suggest you go back and re-read. As far as the rest of your rant, I have no clue how you can correlate gun control/2nd amendment rights to our involvement in Iraq. I wouldn't even call it a stretch, it's absurd. What is outlined in OUR constitution regarding the rights our founding fathers sought for OUR citizens has absolutely ZERO bearing on anything outside our borders. I don't think I've ever heard anyone advocating for 2nd amendment rights to extend to other nations. I don't think I've heard the NRA stand up in favor of gun rights for the folks in Latvia.
    09-04-2014 09:50 AM
    I have one other post in this thread besides the one you quoted and in it I stated the Range worker was an ***** for handing a novice shooter an full auto sub machine gun. No where in this thread did I post anything regarding "tyrannical governments", I suggest you go back and re-read. As far as the rest of your rant, I have no clue how you can correlate gun control/2nd amendment rights to our involvement in Iraq. I wouldn't even call it a stretch, it's absurd. What is outlined in OUR constitution regarding the rights our founding fathers sought for OUR citizens has absolutely ZERO bearing on anything outside our borders. I don't think I've ever heard anyone advocating for 2nd amendment rights to extend to other nations. I don't think I've heard the NRA stand up in favor of gun rights for the folks in Latvia.
    The bottom line is many gun nuts think that it is a "God given right" to bear arms. If you look at the 2nd amendment's drafting, it was drafted in DIRECT response to red coats allowing themselves to stay at a colonist's home.

If we solely relied on muskets right now as they did back in colonial times, and the Iraqis wanted to draft an amendment similar to our 2nd amendment, think about the thought process. "Lets draft a bill to arm our citizens so they can protect themselves against the U.S. occupation. We won't outright insist it's in direct response to our occupation, but we'll draft it so that it talks about a "well regulated militia"." Of course, we live in a world now where firepower has seen an exponential increase. That increase in firepower has made the 2nd amendment outdated and obsolete. But, because a small percentage of delusional individuals think it's some sort of god given right, and the right wing has no problems trying to make it a wedge issue because it'll help bring in some slack-jawed yokel's vote, this issue has been allowed to fester. God bless America indeed.
    09-04-2014 12:21 PM
    The bottom line is many gun nuts think that it is a "God given right" to bear arms. If you look at the 2nd amendment's drafting, it was drafted in DIRECT response to red coats allowing themselves to stay at a colonist's home.

If we solely relied on muskets right now as they did back in colonial times, and the Iraqis wanted to draft an amendment similar to our 2nd amendment, think about the thought process. "Lets draft a bill to arm our citizens so they can protect themselves against the U.S. occupation. We won't outright insist it's in direct response to our occupation, but we'll draft it so that it talks about a "well regulated militia"." Of course, we live in a world now where firepower has seen an exponential increase. That increase in firepower has made the 2nd amendment outdated and obsolete. But, because a small percentage of delusional individuals think it's some sort of god given right, and the right wing has no problems trying to make it a wedge issue because it'll help bring in some slack-jawed yokel's vote, this issue has been allowed to fester. God bless America indeed.

The bottom line is you like to put words into other peoples mouths. If you speak of the right to bear arms and/or the 2nd amendment, keep the points to what happens in this country. With that said, the vast majority of proponents of the 2nd amendment are law abiding citizens. The gangs and drug dealers in the city of Chicago don't follow any laws, so whether the 2nd amendment existed or not, it wouldn't be any skin off their nose. They'd have the guns and you'd strip the legal gun owners of theirs.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but just about any Iraqi can get their hands on a AK-47 and no one bats an eye.
    09-04-2014 01:31 PM
    So imaginary lines in dirt or water change the degree to which a person's right, if any, should apply to them? It was my understanding that the bill of rights simply observed rights that humans posses by default and limits the government's ability to try to restrict those rights. In the purest sense, why would the location of (at any point in time) or any other factor influence those rights if they are inalienable?

That mindset implies that the government is GRANTING those rights to the citizens, rather than the people enumerating the limitations of the government. Either those rights exist at the grace of legislators in which case they're not rights, they're privileges ... or they simply exist and any imaginary limitations (aside from voluntary forfeiture, such as in the case of criminals) are purely contradictory to the purpose of the enumeration of rights. The government governs at the grace of the constituents. They don't get to tell us which rights are ours and which are not. We can have a dialogue about the extent to which we'll agree to interact with each other and in what ways, but assuming that nationality, citizenship, race, class, gender, physical location, credit rating, height, weight or demeanor have any impact on the status of a person's rights is just outright silly.

You either have rights or you don't. They're not given and cannot be taken away. In that way they MUST be universal. Otherwise, someone is making a decision on who to grant them to - which under the above logic is just not possible.
    09-04-2014 02:04 PM
    accident? well i dont think so it very hard to shoot someone by "accident" and Arizona wont get stricter laws by that. and safety rules wont help in this case.
    Well, it depends on whether you have used an Uzi before. I could see a 9-year-old child struggling with the recoil on a weapon like that. That's an accident waiting to happen.

You're probably right that Arizona won't get stricter laws. They will probably leave things unchanged.

As for safety rules, if people ignore them, then yes, they won't help. Safety rules only work if people heed them, every time, without exception.
    09-05-2014 04:13 AM
    Well, it depends on whether you have used an Uzi before. I could see a 9-year-old child struggling with the recoil on a weapon like that. That's an accident waiting to happen.

You're probably right that Arizona won't get stricter laws. They will probably leave things unchanged.

As for safety rules, if people ignore them, then yes, they won't help. Safety rules only work if people heed them, every time, without exception.
    i tried it before but still pretty hard to messup
    09-05-2014 04:15 AM
    i tried it before but still pretty hard to messup
    However, you're not a 9-year-old child trying to shoot an automatic firearm for the first time, are you? That would explain the difference.
    09-05-2014 05:02 AM
    However, you're not a 9-year-old child trying to shoot an automatic firearm for the first time, are you? That would explain the difference.
    No im 19
    09-05-2014 05:03 AM
42 12