01-22-2015 01:12 PM
36 12
tools
    I realized that conservatism was the philosophy that best suited me, with its emphasis on individual liberty, personal responsibility, and merit.
    The philosophy of fear.

Posted via the Android Central App
    palandri and A895 like this.
    11-14-2014 10:51 PM
    I took a break from politics on Reddit. r/conspiracy is just to anarchist for my tastes. They want nothing less than government being taken down. Some even suggested we go BACK to the bartering system and get rid of money.

I can't take that much crazy all the time.
    Can't take that much crazy and you came back to AC? Interesting...... Political Views Between Sites-other_awesomenessshiftyeyes.gif
    A895 and palandri like this.
    11-15-2014 11:47 AM
    Can't take that much crazy and you came back to AC? Interesting...... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	other_awesomenessShiftyEyes.gif 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	148278
    lol, AC isn't that crazy.
    palandri likes this.
    11-15-2014 11:51 AM
    The philosophy of fear.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Democrats: Divide and rule, a sound motto. Conservatives: Unite and lead, a better one.
    01-21-2015 01:56 PM
    Democrats: Divide and rule, a sound motto. Conservatives: Unite and lead, a better one.
    Yeah nothing says "unite" like making rich corporations richer at the expense of poor folks and the environment.

Nothing says "unite" like telling a segment of the population that they cannot be treated the same as everyone else and instead must be treated as a second class citizen. The republican party even has anti-gay language written into their official party platform. Discrimination as policy. Not exactly uniting.

Nothing says "unite" like telling a women that she should travel hundreds of miles or even another state, should she seek a legal abortion.

Nothing says "unite" like voting restrictions that target poorer people who tend to vote for the other party. In Ohio they even tried to shorten the hours of just democratic precincts, while letting Republican ones vote longer. Way to unite people!

Nothing says "unite" like telling poorer folks that they are "on their own" when it comes to their healthcare, while the richer have their healthcare needs met.

Noting says "unite" like telling the poor that the minimum wage shouldn't be raised despite all their other cost going up and not even keeping up with the cost of living.

The republican party a uniter?.LOL...not even close. Over and over again they have proven that. If you are poor or a minority that they don't understand, you're a target for discrimination. That's not the definition of "uniting".

Posted via Android Central App
    grover5 likes this.
    01-21-2015 03:52 PM
    And not only can Republicans not unite the country, they cannot even unite THEMSELVES. First you had the Tea Party against establishment. Now it's woman against the men.

http://m.ibtimes.com/house-gop-pulls...object-1790908

Before any talk about being a "uniting party" can begin, first the divisions WITHIN the party must be addressed. And I don't see that happening anytime soon. The GOP continues to be in disarray. If you can't unite yourselves, how do you ever hope to unite others?

palandri and A895 like this.
    01-21-2015 09:31 PM
    While I hate both parties equally and hate gridlock in Washington(more often then not anyway), I wish there was more division in both parties. That would help mitigate all the terrible aspects of having a 2 party dominated system. I want to see defectors from both parties come together on issues. I want to see politicians from both sides of the political spectrum give their "leaders" the middle finger.

Any vote that falls completely down party lines should be thrown out. No single politician should have their votes determine by someone else and be ruled by politics. They should represent their constituents or the platform they were elected on. Not their party.

Sent from my XT1096
    01-22-2015 09:26 AM
    While I hate both parties equally and hate gridlock in Washington(more often then not anyway), I wish there was more division in both parties. That would help mitigate all the terrible aspects of having a 2 party dominated system. I want to see defectors from both parties come together on issues. I want to see politicians from both sides of the political spectrum give their "leaders" the middle finger.

Any vote that falls completely down party lines should be thrown out. No single politician should have their votes determine by someone else and be ruled by politics. They should represent their constituents or the platform they were elected on. Not their party.

Sent from my XT1096
    How many times is the platform they are elected on different from the party platform? Very little I would say. The campaigns usually echo the party platform.

Your defecting idea is interesting, but would never happen for multiple reasons. First, the party leaders hold the keys to the committee positions they want. Go against them and well, you see what Boehner did to some people who opposed his nomination this month.

Secondly you would have a trust problem. How to you know that the people you are having a mutiny with, will follow through and not change their minds leaving you holding an empty bag? No one is going to risk their standing and seniority over anything that's not a sure deal.

01-22-2015 11:45 AM
    How many times is the platform they are elected on different from the party platform? Very little I would say. The campaigns usually echo the party platform.

Your defecting idea is interesting, but would never happen for multiple reasons. First, the party leaders hold the keys to the committee positions they want. Go against them and well, you see what Boehner did to some people who opposed his nomination this month.

Secondly you would have a trust problem. How to you know that the people you are having a mutiny with, will follow through and not change their minds leaving you holding an empty bag? No one is going to risk their standing and seniority over anything that's not a sure deal.

And that is the problem with having a 2 party system to begin with...

Sent from my XT1096
    01-22-2015 12:38 PM

Sent from my XT1096
    You want to break up how cohesive each party is? I have 3 words for you, Campaign Finance Reform. The parties threaten to cut funds or "divert" funds to other candidates if a politician tries to go against their party's platform. I personally think all money needs to be taken out of politics. If we can't get to that point, then I think we as voters need to get 100% transparency on what groups are donating to what politicians. If politicians aren't in danger of losing campaign money then I think we have a better chance of them voting on what's actually right and not just what some big contributor thinks is right.
    grover5 and A895 like this.
    01-22-2015 01:00 PM
    You want to break up how cohesive each party is? I have 3 words for you, Campaign Finance Reform. The parties threaten to cut funds or "divert" funds to other candidates if a politician tries to go against their party's platform. I personally think all money needs to be taken out of politics. If we can't get to that point, then I think we as voters need to get 100% transparency on what groups are donating to what politicians. If politicians aren't in danger of losing campaign money then I think we have a better chance of them voting on what's actually right and not just what some big contributor thinks is right.
    This is spot on. Well said.
    01-22-2015 01:12 PM
36 12