01-22-2015 07:13 PM
30 12
tools
    All politicians are looking for that soundbite that makes them look hawkish on TV. How long did she even remain at the top post? I personally think they wanted her out from the start.
    I don't think the security of the president is a hawk or dove issue. The president must be safe 100% of the time. The Secret Service does not have room for error.

Senator Schumer probably thought that the security breaches were severe enough to warrant Pierson's resignation.
    10-29-2014 11:09 AM
    They obviously need to make improvements to the fence around the White House, since 16 people have climbed over the White House fence in the past five years, including six this year.
    Good call on the White House fence!

The Huffington Post -- Raise The White House Fence, Secret Service Review Says (article link here)

Excerpts:

"The panel, which was convened by the Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson this October, called for the fence around the White House to be made four to five feet higher and for its horizontal bars to be eliminated. Currently, the White House fence is 7 feet 6 inches tall."

"More broadly, the authors faulted the Secret Service for having an outdated leadership structure that too often left its members under-trained, under-resourced and unclear about their operational functions."
    12-24-2014 02:07 AM
    I sure hope that the secret service agents who let these lapse in judgement happen are also released.
    Well, we have an additional 4 senior officials removed and 1 retirement from the Secret Service.

Reuters -- U.S. Secret Service dumping senior officials after security lapses (article link)

Excerpt:

The U.S. Secret Service will remove four senior officials while another has opted to retire, the latest shake-up after a series of security lapses at the agency charged with protecting the president, an agency official said on Wednesday.
    01-19-2015 10:47 PM
    Well, we have an additional 4 senior officials removed and 1 retirement from the Secret Service.

Reuters -- U.S. Secret Service dumping senior officials after security lapses (article link)

Excerpt:

The U.S. Secret Service will remove four senior officials while another has opted to retire, the latest shake-up after a series of security lapses at the agency charged with protecting the president, an agency official said on Wednesday.
    You know I'm way too old for you to be quoting quotes of mine that go back further than a few days...
    01-20-2015 07:40 PM
    You know I'm way too old for you to be quoting quotes of mine that go back further than a few days...
    You're never too old if you're young at heart.
    01-22-2015 07:13 PM
30 12