What is your view about referendum? Does it exist in your country?

I beleive it's a goot tool of democracy who are not enought use.
    10-20-2014 11:39 AM
    I think democracy is a sham, as a small group takes power in any system.

Democracy has never worked above the village level, and it has always declined after a short period.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |
    10-20-2014 06:22 PM
    I think democracy is a sham, as a small group takes power in any system.

Democracy has never worked above the village level, and it has always declined after a short period.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |
    I think people's biggest mistake is thinking the U.S. is a democracy. It is a Republic. The reason why it us ineffectual is because of the various companies trying to get favorable laws in order to make more money, and the various politicians who ate bent on pushing their own agenda no matter who it may affect.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2014 08:06 PM
    Well, if you look a map of the richest country in the world. Most of them are democracy. And the few who are not have huge natural ressource like oil.
    10-21-2014 04:12 AM
    I think people's biggest mistake is thinking the U.S. is a democracy. It is a Republic. The reason why it us ineffectual is because of the various companies trying to get favorable laws in order to make more money, and the various politicians who ate bent on pushing their own agenda no matter who it may affect.

Constitutional Republic to be precise.
    10-31-2014 01:33 PM
    Constitutional Republic to be precise.
    If you want to be more specific, yes. But my point still stands, this isn't a true democracy. There is a reason only the wealthy had a say in government in the Greek days and that is because letting every single person in the country having a say slows down the government process. Less people participating, quicker things get moved along. So that is why we made a republic, let people we vote for make the big decisions. Even then, government managed to shut down last year so, I don;t know how effective our government can be anymore. All those lame incumbents need to get out, and Congress needs new blood in there, otherwise after 2016, it will be the same old, same old.
    10-31-2014 07:08 PM
    If you want to be more specific, yes. But my point still stands, this isn't a true democracy. There is a reason only the wealthy had a say in government in the Greek days and that is because letting every single person in the country having a say slows down the government process. Less people participating, quicker things get moved along. So that is why we made a republic, let people we vote for make the big decisions. Even then, government managed to shut down last year so, I don;t know how effective our government can be anymore. All those lame incumbents need to get out, and Congress needs new blood in there, otherwise after 2016, it will be the same old, same old.
    All the more reason for "Limited Government" Which is what conservatism stands for..
    11-03-2014 06:36 AM
    All the more reason for "Limited Government" Which is what conservatism stands for..
    All limited government means is less government reach in the lives of the people, it has nothing to do with how fast or slow the government process actually is.

11-03-2014 07:24 AM
    All limited government means is less government reach in the lives of the people, it has nothing to do with how fast or slow the government process actually is.

The powers of the federal government should be limited to powers only explicitly listed (enumerated) in the Constitution. That should speed up the process...Don't you think... We all know the Democrats want more intrusion and bigger Government.
    11-03-2014 07:57 AM
    The powers of the federal government should be limited to powers only explicitly listed (enumerated) in the Constitution. That should speed up the process...Don't you think... We all know the Democrats want more intrusion and bigger Government.
    No. The issue is that the Constitution also has given government implied powers as well. How can Congress regulate money without a national bank? How can the President enforce laws without various secretaries overseeing different departments?

The main issue is that people don't like government overreach and that is fine, but you have to figure put what is the actual limit that you want the government to not step over. For me personally, the internet should be included in the Constitution as the internet will only get bigger from here on out.

11-03-2014 08:19 AM
    No. The issue is that the Constitution also has given government implied powers as well. How can Congress regulate money without a national bank? How can the President enforce laws without various secretaries overseeing different departments?

The main issue is that people don't like government overreach and that is fine, but you have to figure put what is the actual limit that you want the government to not step over. For me personally, the internet should be included in the Constitution as the internet will only get bigger from here on out.

The last sentence is the very definition of Communism.. You just proved my point.. Democrats want more intrusion and bigger Government and more taxes.

entitlement spending in 2010 at all levels of government totaled $2.2 trillion in 2010. That equals $7,200 for every man, woman and child in the country. It approaches a staggering $29,000 for a family of four.

Thank you Democrats
    11-03-2014 09:37 AM
    The last sentence is the very definition of Communism....
    @A895, Are you now or have you ever advocated the greater good of the community and social responsibility, rather than individual rights? or have you ever advocated the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

If you answer yes, you may be a pinko.
    hydrogen3 and A895 like this.
    11-03-2014 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD