03-22-2016 08:13 PM
237 12345 ...
tools
    What word should people use instead of "evil" when describing things that go against their belief system?
    Well, lets look at our policy and how it affects some people. We use drones indiscriminately to kill. We don't really care if we kill civilians if we kill our intended targets, and even if we DON'T kill our intended targets. The biggest problem I have with use of the word evil is that we don't care about holding our own government accountable for the "evil" acts they commit. Have you ever heard the phrase, "Evil begets evil"?
    A895 and palandri like this.
    10-30-2014 06:10 PM
    They threatened but have not given any solid evidence they pose any significant threat to the security of our country.
    Therefore, should Obama do anything different that what he is currently doing with respect to deploying US military forces?
    10-30-2014 06:14 PM
    Something that isn't evil. I am pretty sure there is another word to use. Evil seems like something out of comic book or a cartoon.
    Can you give an example of what would be appropriate to use?
    10-30-2014 06:15 PM
    Well, lets look at our policy and how it affects some people. We use drones indiscriminately to kill. We don't really care if we kill civilians if we kill our intended targets, and even if we DON'T kill our intended targets. The biggest problem I have with use of the word evil is that we don't care about holding our own government accountable for the "evil" acts they commit. Have you ever heard the phrase, "Evil begets evil"?
    So, how should we handle our intended targets?

As for holding our government accountable, do you want something like a mass protest?
    10-30-2014 06:18 PM

As for holding our government accountable, do you want something like a mass protest?
    Our current policy is probably a better recruiting tool than any propaganda that Al Qaeda or ISIS/ISIL can put together. I'm not sure a mass protest will get anything done. As a matter of fact, I don't even think our drone strike policy is even in the top 5 things that Americans are concerned with.
    A895, palandri and Scott7217 like this.
    10-30-2014 07:18 PM
    Therefore, should Obama do anything different that what he is currently doing with respect to deploying US military forces?
    Yeah, not deploy military forces, I already said that. We have no business wasting money over there.
    palandri likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:57 PM
    Can you give an example of what would be appropriate to use?
    Maybe you can answer that better than I can. I have a more tolerant mindset than most, and I have never called anything "evil".
    palandri likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:59 PM
    Be more precise if at all possible. We do have a track record of taking out civilians along with targets, and we have to strive to be better.

Educate the American public on what is going on. The mass media is doing a **** poor job. They live for hysterics, if our media wasn't so corrupted and slanted people would be better up to speed on what is going on, then they can make informed decisions when voting and participating in government in any way.
    palandri and Scott7217 like this.
    10-30-2014 08:03 PM
    Yeah, not deploy military forces, I already said that. We have no business wasting money over there.
    The only area we really have an obligation to fix is Iraq, and the first group of people I'd like to send over to repair the damage is the Bush and Cheney family. I think our invasion of Iraq should've met with the same kind of protest as Putin's invasion of Ukraine. For some reason though, our Allies chose to remain silent.
    palandri and A895 like this.
    11-01-2014 11:43 AM
    The only area we really have an obligation to fix is Iraq, and the first group of people I'd like to send over to repair the damage is the Bush and Cheney family. I think our invasion of Iraq should've met with the same kind of protest as Putin's invasion of Ukraine. For some reason though, our Allies chose to remain silent.
    I was amazed at all the noncompetitive contracts Halliburton got. They even started a new food division.
    A895 likes this.
    11-01-2014 01:13 PM
    I was amazed at all the noncompetitive contracts Halliburton got. They even started a new food division.
    What's sad is how [language removed by moderator] Cheney's wealth skyrocketed after his 8 years in the White House and no major news media thought to investigate. Journalists for all major news networks ought to be ashamed of themselves.

These sort of things are why I'll never understand the red koolaid drinkers that don't make anywhere near $250,000 a year. If you see the people that you're supporting, fleece the system so blatant and obvious, what do you think they do behind the scenes when no one is watching? Why on this green earth would you even want to back such a robber baron?
    A895 likes this.
    11-01-2014 01:57 PM
    Our current policy is probably a better recruiting tool than any propaganda that Al Qaeda or ISIS/ISIL can put together. I'm not sure a mass protest will get anything done. As a matter of fact, I don't even think our drone strike policy is even in the top 5 things that Americans are concerned with.
    So, if I understand you correctly, the cycle will continue indefinitely. ISIS will attack, the US will retaliate, and then both sides will regroup and restart the process again.
    11-04-2014 02:52 PM
    Be more precise if at all possible. We do have a track record of taking out civilians along with targets, and we have to strive to be better.
    I think everyone would prefer not to harm civilians at all.

It would be great to take out our targets without deploying our military forces, but I'm not sure how you would do that.
    11-04-2014 03:13 PM
    I think everyone would prefer not to harm civilians at all.

It would be great to take out our targets without deploying our military forces, but I'm not sure how you would do that.
    That is what I am saying they are not our problem as of right now. That is why we shouldn't be over there.
    11-04-2014 03:26 PM
    That is what I am saying they are not our problem as of right now. That is why we shouldn't be over there.
    However, you are okay with taking out our targets. You simply don't want civilians harmed, which is understandable. You simply want our military to strive to be better.
    11-04-2014 03:34 PM
    However, you are okay with taking out our targets. You simply don't want civilians harmed, which is understandable. You simply want our military to strive to be better.
    You misunderstanding, I don't see a reason for us to be taking ANY action in the middle east right. We have no targets right now, we are simply interjecting ourselves into a conflict that we don't need to be a part of.
    11-04-2014 03:37 PM
    You misunderstanding, I don't see a reason for us to be taking ANY action in the middle east right. We have no targets right now, we are simply interjecting ourselves into a conflict that we don't need to be a part of.
    Isn't it true you said this?

"Be more precise if at all possible. We do have a track record of taking out civilians along with targets, and we have to strive to be better."

You seem to be advocating for some form of action, with special care given to prevent civilian deaths. It's all about precision, if I understand you correctly.
    11-04-2014 03:45 PM
    Isn't it true you said this?

"Be more precise if at all possible. We do have a track record of taking out civilians along with targets, and we have to strive to be better."

You seem to be advocating for some form of action, with special care given to prevent civilian deaths. It's all about precision, if I understand you correctly.
    You are taking my words out of context. I said that, but it was in regards to drone strikes we have had previously.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-04-2014 03:50 PM
    You are taking my words out of context. I said that, but it was in regards to drone strikes we have had previously.
    I agree with you that our drone strikes need to be precise.
    11-04-2014 03:55 PM
    So, if I understand you correctly, the cycle will continue indefinitely. ISIS will attack, the US will retaliate, and then both sides will regroup and restart the process again.
    Maybe not ISIS/ISIL, but yeah there will always be some sort of boogeyman that the U.S. has to protect us from, if not this group of terrorists, there is something out there that will come after us unless political party ________ is voted in.....
    A895 and Scott7217 like this.
    11-04-2014 06:21 PM
    Maybe not ISIS/ISIL, but yeah there will always be some sort of boogeyman that the U.S. has to protect us from, if not this group of terrorists, there is something out there that will come after us unless political party ________ is voted in.....
    I keep reading stories of ISIS torturing and killing innocent people. Perhaps it is just too difficult for the US to turn a blind eye, so we feel we must intervene.
    11-05-2014 10:09 AM
    I keep reading stories of ISIS torturing and killing innocent people. Perhaps it is just too difficult for the US to turn a blind eye, so we feel we must intervene.
    If that's what it is, why aren't UN troops there? Could controlling middle east oil have anything to do with it?
    A895 likes this.
    11-05-2014 10:21 AM
    If that's what it is, why aren't UN troops there? Could controlling middle east oil have anything to do with it?
    I believe UN troops were accused of sexually abusing minors in the past, which makes it questionable to deploy them until they can get their ranks straightened out.

I don't believe Obama wants ISIS to fund its terrorism by selling oil, so I guess you could say there is an aspect to control the oil.
    11-05-2014 10:38 AM
    "Feel"? That is the lamest excuse to intervene in anything ever. We could sit our behinds here and focus on our problems. This is why other countries don't like us now. We don't have to be world police ALL the time.
    11-05-2014 11:11 AM
    "Feel"? That is the lamest excuse to intervene in anything ever. We could sit our behinds here and focus on our problems. This is why other countries don't like us now. We don't have to be world police ALL the time.
    A lot of people like the US. We have people literally risking their lives to cross the border for the dream of living in the US as American citizens. Why would people do that if they didn't like the US?

To be fair, if people were truly unhappy, I suggested a mass protest to hold our government accountable. I didn't get any takers. Go figure.
    11-05-2014 11:22 AM
237 12345 ...