03-22-2016 08:13 PM
237 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Well they push the GOP agenda and the GOP is full of chicken hawks so I can see them pushing that agenda.
    So, let's say the situation were reversed. That is, Fox News refused to show the ISIS video of Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh's execution, but all the other news sites (e.g. CNN, MSNBC, etc.) did.

Would you be more supportive of Fox News?
    02-05-2015 10:21 PM
    At this point, barring a miracle, seems like there's only two options-if there's others, seriously, I do want to hear them.

1. We give up and just let these psychos run roughshod over everyone in their path, and hope other Middle Eastern countries take them out.

2. We work with other Middle Eastern countries-and just go Roman on these guys, and by that I mean do whatever it takes to remove them from the planet.
    I know number 2 is much more difficult, naturally. Its kinda depressing to think that if I understand this right, back in the day, Saddam would have slaughtered these guys before they could get anywhere, because he didn't tolerate this stuff one bit?
    Scott7217 likes this.
    02-05-2015 10:47 PM
    So, let's say the situation were reversed. That is, Fox News refused to show the ISIS video of Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh's execution, but all the other news sites (e.g. CNN, MSNBC, etc.) did.

Would you be more supportive of Fox News?
    I can't be supportive of any news organization that actively portrays the news towards ANY ideology. There is only one way to portray the news and that's unbiased and without any disclaimer (unless there is some obvious reason for a disclaimer and not just for the sake of ratings or to inflame a political agenda --pun not intended). I have the same lack of support for MSNBC, even though my views are more in line with them.

It would be like asking, " Do you prefer this person's version of the truth or do you prefer this other person's version of the truth?" Why not just insist on having the whole damn truth and nothing but the truth? No doctoring the truth and no amping it up for ratings, just give me the truth. One of the reasons I loathe Fox and to a lesser degree MSNBC is because once you're ok with doctoring a story to fit your agenda, you lose all credibility as a source for news, even if it's doctored towards an ideology that you subscribe to. Once you bend a truth towards an agenda, any agenda, then it is no longer a truth.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-06-2015 03:29 AM
    You misunderstanding, I don't see a reason for us to be taking ANY action in the middle east right. We have no targets right now, we are simply interjecting ourselves into a conflict that we don't need to be a part of.
    That same mindstate is the same reason Pearl Harbor happened. While WW2 was going on we wanted to stay to ourselves and don't get involved. Well u know what happened after that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk
    Scott7217 likes this.
    02-06-2015 04:40 AM
    There is only one way to portray the news and that's unbiased and without any disclaimer (unless there is some obvious reason for a disclaimer and not just for the sake of ratings or to inflame a political agenda --pun not intended).
    Fox News claims that the posted video is uncut and unedited. It shows the execution of Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh in its entirety.

The only disclaimer was a warning from Fox News that stated that the video was extremely graphic. Given that the video depicts death by fire, that seems to be reasonable.

So, it looks like in this case (at least), Fox News has met your journalism criteria.
    02-06-2015 06:29 AM
    That same mindstate is the same reason Pearl Harbor happened. While WW2 was going on we wanted to stay to ourselves and don't get involved. Well u know what happened after that.

So ISIS is as powerful as WW2 Japan? Nope. Not to mention the fact ISIS doesn't have the air power to launch a an attack on U.S. Soil, we would know before hand compared to the 1940s.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-06-2015 09:35 AM

As opposed to the opposite mindset that pulled us into Iraq? You know how that turned out right? Oh yeah, we're still in that mess....

A895 likes this.
    02-06-2015 09:37 AM
    Look what happened at 911 bro. We got caught by surprise and u know what happened after that. Same as Pearl Harbor. Point is we can get touched also while being the strongest nation in the world.

Scott7217 likes this.
    02-06-2015 09:40 AM
    Fox News claims that the posted video is uncut and unedited. It shows the execution of Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh in its entirety.

The only disclaimer was a warning from Fox News that stated that the video was extremely graphic. Given that the video depicts death by fire, that seems to be reasonable.

So, it looks like in this case (at least), Fox News has met your journalism criteria.
    Except the part where I mentioned that gratuitous violence for the sake of ratings or for the sake of trying to force policy by trying to enrage it's typical mouth breathing base into a frenzy. But yeah other than that, uncut and unbiased......

A895 likes this.
    02-06-2015 09:40 AM
    Look what happened at 911 bro. We got caught by surprise and u know what happened after that. Same as Pearl Harbor. Point is we can get touched also while being the strongest nation in the world.

Yeah, that doesn't mean attack first just because you are scared.

02-06-2015 09:56 AM
    Yeah, that doesn't mean attack first just because you are scared.

So you're OK with sitting back and watching a terror group crucify people for not converting to their religion, using mentally handicap kids as suicide bombers, and launching gay men off 7 story buildings and then stoning him to death on the ground because the fall didn't kill him. You want the US to sit back and say "It's not our problem", simply because they don't have an air force to hit us?
    Scott7217 likes this.
    02-06-2015 10:37 AM
    So you're OK with sitting back and watching a terror group crucify people for not converting to their religion, using mentally handicap kids as suicide bombers, and launching gay men off 7 story buildings and then stoning him to death on the ground because the fall didn't kill him. You want the US to sit back and say "It's not our problem", simply because they don't have an air force to hit us?
    Shouldn't those counties over there do something too since they are so close? Why does everything fall to the U.S. to fix?

02-06-2015 12:24 PM
    Shouldn't those counties over there do something too since they are so close? Why does everything fall to the U.S. to fix?

Like it or not we are the richest and most powerful country on the planet. I don't recall terrorists hitting another country and killing upwards of 4000 people. I'm not saying the surrounding countries shouldn't pitch in, but your stating the US should flat out not be involved. The world ignored and turned their back while the Holocaust was taking place. Collectively the world said never again. What 9/11 showed us was that the bodies of water that surround our nation shouldn't provide a false sense of security. You have people being slaughtered for nothing more than refusing to convert to Islam, you want to ignore that. So based on your willingness for inaction, does that mean if some guy was beating the living crap out of a girl in the street you'd keep walking and let the next guy deal with it if he feels like it?
    02-06-2015 02:28 PM

I hope you don't mean that in response to our war with Iraq. I know a lot of people still think Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks, and I know "Dubya" and his group really did a good job at trying to convince everyone that the two were related.

It's one thing to put our soldiers in harm's way because of an attack, it's another to put our soldiers in harm's way because some rich donor wants to cash in on his campaign contributions. Iraq was just that, and for what? The government doesn't even try to take care of the soldiers that have sacrificed so much. But make their donors wealthy? Sure, where do we sign the check?
    palandri likes this.
    02-06-2015 05:33 PM
    Like it or not we are the richest and most powerful country on the planet. I don't recall terrorists hitting another country and killing upwards of 4000 people. I'm not saying the surrounding countries shouldn't pitch in, but your stating the US should flat out not be involved. The world ignored and turned their back while the Holocaust was taking place. Collectively the world said never again. What 9/11 showed us was that the bodies of water that surround our nation shouldn't provide a false sense of security. You have people being slaughtered for nothing more than refusing to convert to Islam, you want to ignore that. So based on your willingness for inaction, does that mean if some guy was beating the living crap out of a girl in the street you'd keep walking and let the next guy deal with it if he feels like it?
    Wow, so all of the sudden we are the richest and most powerful, but something as simple as providing healthcare for our citizens would totally bankrupt us? Sounds like someone has their priorities mixed up.....

But, I kind of expect that from the right wing. From the party that wants to do away with most gay/lesbian rights because they fear it destroys our society for the benefit of only a few people. Yet when it comes to immunizations, they're all up in arms because they think the few crazies that think the shots cause Autism should be allowed to keep their children from being immunized, which endangers society for the benefit of a few crazies........ Great double standard, as always.....
    A895 and palandri like this.
    02-06-2015 05:35 PM
    Wow, so all of the sudden we are the richest and most powerful, but something as simple as providing healthcare for our citizens would totally bankrupt us? Sounds like someone has their priorities mixed up.....

But, I kind of expect that from the right wing. From the party that wants to do away with most gay/lesbian rights because they fear it destroys our society for the benefit of only a few people. Yet when it comes to immunizations, they're all up in arms because they think the few crazies that think the shots cause Autism should be allowed to keep their children from being immunized, which endangers society for the benefit of a few crazies........ Great double standard, as always.....
    Show me where in the US Constitution the founding fathers outlined the role of the federal government to provide health insurance to all? We all know I can point to the parts that define the governments role to provide a common defense.
    02-06-2015 09:46 PM
    Show me where in the US Constitution the founding fathers outlined the role of the federal government to provide health insurance to all? We all know I can point to the parts that define the governments role to provide a common defense.
    LOL! You don't think times have changed since they wrote the Constitution?
    A895 likes this.
    02-06-2015 10:55 PM
    Show me where "common defense" = sending troops overseas to "spread democracy"
    A895 and palandri like this.
    02-06-2015 11:36 PM
    They government doesn't give health insurance to all though.

palandri likes this.
    02-07-2015 10:27 AM
    They government doesn't give health insurance to all though.

Good point. One might argue that "common defense" can also mean something in the realm of defending against plague.

I'm actually starting to be more and more convinced that Steve is looking at this more from the perspective of profit. If healthcare is funded by government then salaries and exuberant profits might finally get reigned in. Everyone that's against Obamacare and some form of socialized medical insurance (which MOST if not ALL industrialized countries have) tend to have ties to that industry. They insist that the costs will bankrupt the country, but I think they're more concerned that the government will eventually put its foot down and say, "You know what, you take someone's blood pressure, weigh them in, and tell them to wait here for the doctor, your $90,000 a year salary is not justifiable to the American people".

It's too bad the left wing doesn't have someone like that ***** that exposed Acorn so they can do an exposé on these large medical complexes that charge insane amounts of money and bilk the sick and injured. I'm sure we'd see them scurry like cockroaches if a light were shined into their industry. A nice big James O'Keefe type expose of medical professionals right down to pharmaceutical companies that would end with a scene from C-Span with the GOP idiots talking about repealing Obamacare.
    02-07-2015 12:28 PM
    Except the part where I mentioned that gratuitous violence for the sake of ratings or for the sake of trying to force policy by trying to enrage it's typical mouth breathing base into a frenzy. But yeah other than that, uncut and unbiased......
    At least we can agree that the video is uncut and unbiased.

How much did the the ratings spike for Fox News?

Do you see much change in policy? Is anyone sending ground troops to fight ISIS?
    02-10-2015 07:44 PM
    At least we can agree that the video is uncut and unbiased.

How much did the the ratings spike for Fox News?

Do you see much change in policy? Is anyone sending ground troops to fight ISIS?

White House asking authorization for military to fight IS Umm yes?
    02-10-2015 10:22 PM
    I'm not surprised that you didn't post any data on any ratings spike from Fox News in wake of the ISIS execution video of the Jordanian pilot.

As for Obama asking for authorization for military force, I'm sure there are a lot of people in the Middle East who would welcome increased pressure against ISIS. The aid might be too late for some, but there's still hope for others.
    02-11-2015 05:59 PM
    I'm not surprised that you didn't post any data on any ratings spike from Fox News in wake of the ISIS execution video of the Jordanian pilot.

As for Obama asking for authorization for military force, I'm sure there are a lot of people in the Middle East who would welcome increased pressure against ISIS. The aid might be too late for some, but there's still hope for others.
    So you think the posting of the video was strictly for the purpose of ratings? I don't believe that 100% (hence the reason I didn't bother to look up figures). If the other networks were just as worried about ratings, why then did they decide not to air the footage?
    02-11-2015 07:39 PM
    So you think the posting of the video was strictly for the purpose of ratings? I don't believe that 100% (hence the reason I didn't bother to look up figures). If the other networks were just as worried about ratings, why then did they decide not to air the footage?
    I believe Fox News posted the uncut, unedited video so that viewers could decide for themselves what they think about ISIS.

As for the other networks, I would speculate that they felt that the viewers were incapable of deciding whether or not to watch the video, so they decided not to post the video to spare people the burden of making that decision in the first place.

In any case, I believe Congress will authorize President Obama to use military force against ISIS.
    02-12-2015 02:59 AM
237 ... 56789 ...