03-22-2016 08:13 PM
237 ... 678910
tools
    I believe Fox News posted the uncut, unedited video so that viewers could decide for themselves what they think about ISIS.

As for the other networks, I would speculate that they felt that the viewers were incapable of deciding whether or not to watch the video, so they decided not to post the video to spare people the burden of making that decision in the first place.

In any case, I believe Congress will authorize President Obama to use military force against ISIS.
    That says a lot about your politics, actually. My thoughts is that anyone interested in viewing the video would most likely be able to find a video of it online if they wanted. Fox's decision to air the video, IMO was strictly based on them trying to incite their right wing viewers.

Let's examine their decision by comparing it to what you might see at a driver's education session. To drive home the policy of buckling up, the instructor may show a video of some mangled corpse of someone that didn't buckle up. Instead of the instructor just mentioning, "buckle up out there kids!", he/she shows a video that will tap into a person's emotion, which is exactly what Fox did. I have to give Fox credit, they have learned how to manipulate "duh masses" (there's a reason it sounds a lot like dumb....a.....) by use of emotional imagery in the same manner as their benefactors in the GOP party. The key is to go into decisions like this with a rational frame of mind, not an emotional "I WANT BLOOD!!" frame of mind. Did we learn nothing from our foolhardy and bullish invasion of Iraq?

For the record, I do think that ISIS is a threat that we need to deal with (although I'd like to see the Arab nations take them more serious first, like Jordan), but if we had sprung into action before they did what they did to the Jordanian pilot, do you think Jordan would've amped up their attack on ISIS the way they did? If we decide to clean up all these incursions by ourselves, we come across as that needy friend that always picks up the tab. At least Jordan has decided to cover the tip this time (no inappropriate sexual innuendo intended.....maybe).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    A895 likes this.
    02-12-2015 07:59 AM
    My thoughts is that anyone interested in viewing the video would most likely be able to find a video of it online if they wanted.
    So, you're okay with people watching the ISIS execution video online as long as it's not on the Fox News website?
    02-13-2015 12:52 AM
    That same mindstate is the same reason Pearl Harbor happened. While WW2 was going on we wanted to stay to ourselves and don't get involved. Well u know what happened after that.
    Well said. Just ignoring a threat doesn't make it go away.
    02-13-2015 11:56 AM
    So, you're okay with people watching the ISIS execution video online as long as it's not on the Fox News website?
    I don't believe in censorship, but I believe in discretion. Fox could've opened with, "We aren't going to air the raw footage, as it is graphic and out of respect for the deceased, but we've posted a link to the video on our website". Would you be ok with Fox airing a U.S. soldier's beheading by ISIS, the raw un-edited footage? As a matter of fact, when the U.S. soldier was recorded urinating on an enemy's dead body, I don't recall Fox airing that footage. I guess per the Fox propaganda, they're ok with showing us the enemy's barbaric behavior, but not allowed to show when a U.S. soldier is acting disrespectful?
    A895 likes this.
    02-13-2015 04:49 PM
    Poll: Most disapprove of Obama ISIS strategy
    http://www.cnn.com//2015/02/16/polit...val/index.html

I wonder if they're polling Fox news viewers or GOPers in general. I actually like that others in the middle east are having to get their hands dirty and deploy resources to fight ISIS. About the only complaint I have is that he's asking Congress for authorization to go to war. I don't mind selling our allies resources to combat ISIS, but this is NOT our fight, although we are responsible for that area's instability, mostly thanks to GWB and company.....can we deploy him, **** Cheney, and all the people that voted for the war in Iraq to go fight ISIS?

And yes, I know that means people like Hillary Clinton will be deployed. But then again, I'm not the kool-aid drinker that some of the red kool-aid drinkers on here think I am.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    A895 likes this.
    02-17-2015 02:29 PM
    About the only complaint I have is that he's asking Congress for authorization to go to war.
    The article you cited has this to say about Obama's AUMF (Authorization for the Use of Military Force) request:

"But the AUMF, and Obama's decision to go to Congress for the official authority to continue battling ISIS, is widely popular, according to the new poll.

Seventy-eight percent of Americans say Congress should give Obama the authority to fight ISIS, a slight decline from 82% who supported it in December. A similarly large majority say Obama was right to ask Congress for the authority, rather than proceeding with the battle unilaterally."
    02-21-2015 05:32 AM
    The article you cited has this to say about Obama's AUMF (Authorization for the Use of Military Force) request:

"But the AUMF, and Obama's decision to go to Congress for the official authority to continue battling ISIS, is widely popular, according to the new poll.

Seventy-eight percent of Americans say Congress should give Obama the authority to fight ISIS, a slight decline from 82% who supported it in December. A similarly large majority say Obama was right to ask Congress for the authority, rather than proceeding with the battle unilaterally."
    It only shows you how fickle the U.S. public is. A few years ago we weren't as blood thirsty as we are now. The propaganda being wielded by ISIS with their videos appears to have done the trick.

Here's where I see a bit of a disconnect by the American public and most of the boneheads that are trying to join ISIS. If those that are perpetrating these acts of violence and posting online are truly committed to their cause, why are ALL OF THEM wearing masks? If your idea is a noble one, then why is there a need to hide your identity? What's worse are the idiots that commit to these radical animals and leave their country to go join them.

It would shock me, but it wouldn't surprise me if the ISIS leaders were somehow embedded by western powers. If you look at what helped stabilize the area back even just a few years ago, it was the brutal dictatorships of Hussein, Gaddafi, and still al-Assad. I can imagine some of our world leaders (thinking that they're the smartest guys and know what works best) looking to inject more fear and terror into the region to suit their interests. When you consider that we pretty much propped up that region's leaders of the past via fear and terror, one only needs to come to the conclusion that maybe this current fear and terror campaign has some western "flavor" to it as well.

As for me, I'm personally sick of all this savagery, all these world leaders that are ready to wage war from the comfort of their well protected lavish homes. Most of these guys have forgotten what it means to lead anyways. Instead of trying to lead us into a brighter future, they're just usurpers looking to line their own pockets with gains made at the expense of the common man.
    A895 likes this.
    02-21-2015 11:23 AM
    It only shows you how fickle the U.S. public is. A few years ago we weren't as blood thirsty as we are now. The propaganda being wielded by ISIS with their videos appears to have done the trick.
    How fickle is President Obama when it comes to ISIS?

As Commander-in-Chief, Obama has the final say on the deployment of US military forces. If Obama felt it were appropriate, he could order the withdrawal of all US forces (including drones) from the Middle East.

However, Obama also has access to classified military intelligence. If he is asking for authorization for the use of military force, maybe he knows something about ISIS that would warrant an armed response.
    02-24-2015 07:22 PM
    How fickle is President Obama when it comes to ISIS?

As Commander-in-Chief, Obama has the final say on the deployment of US military forces. If Obama felt it were appropriate, he could order the withdrawal of all US forces (including drones) from the Middle East.

However, Obama also has access to classified military intelligence. If he is asking for authorization for the use of military force, maybe he knows something about ISIS that would warrant an armed response.
    Or, maybe he didn't want to make a knee-jerk decision based on emotion like the cowboy yokel we had before him? I still like the fact that other countries in that area now realize that they have skin in the game. Instead of the U.S. being the world's janitor, other countries are realizing that they need to clean up after themselves.
    02-24-2015 11:39 PM
    I don't believe in censorship, but I believe in discretion. Fox could've opened with, "We aren't going to air the raw footage, as it is graphic and out of respect for the deceased, but we've posted a link to the video on our website".
    This is why Fox News did not broadcast the video of Jordan's Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh being burned alive. Fox News simply posted a link to the video on their website.

In fact, I think Fox News and you are in agreement over the handling of the ISIS execution video.

From FoxNews.com:

While Fox News Channel did not air the gruesome video, FoxNews.com elected to post it in the interest of showing the shocking depths of ISIS' depravity.

“After careful consideration, we decided that giving readers of FoxNews.com the option to see for themselves the barbarity of ISIS outweighed legitimate concerns about the graphic nature of the video," said John Moody, executive vice president and executive editor of Fox News. "Online users can choose to view or not view this disturbing content."
    02-25-2015 01:01 AM
    This is why Fox News did not broadcast the video of Jordan's Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh being burned alive. Fox News simply posted a link to the video on their website.

In fact, I think Fox News and you are in agreement over the handling of the ISIS execution video.

From FoxNews.com:

While Fox News Channel did not air the gruesome video, FoxNews.com elected to post it in the interest of showing the shocking depths of ISIS' depravity.

“After careful consideration, we decided that giving readers of FoxNews.com the option to see for themselves the barbarity of ISIS outweighed legitimate concerns about the graphic nature of the video," said John Moody, executive vice president and executive editor of Fox News. "Online users can choose to view or not view this disturbing content."
    So they did or didn't air the video? I can understand why Fox news would want to push for war with ISIS considering they think everyone has waged a "war on Christmas". Considering the right wing wants to back Israel because it's in some archaic book that Israel needs to be a state for some sort of silly prophecy to be true followed by the fact that they think we need some sort of holy war against Muslims for Jesus to return, I don't like their attempts at trying to influence policy. When GWB was President, he stated that he believed in "end times" as predicted by the Bible. IMO, I couldn't imagine having someone that believed in Armageddon in control of our nuclear arsenal. You might as well have a pyromaniac in charge of the matches at your next camping trip.
    02-25-2015 08:04 PM
    So they did or didn't air the video?
    Fox News did not air the ISIS execution video on TV. They only posted a link to the video on their website, like you suggested.
    02-26-2015 10:03 PM
    ISIS militant 'Jihadi John' identified, U.S. officials say - CNN.com

I don't know but I would be completely fine with the family members of this monster being deported out of the UK, and their assets within the country frozen if I were a UK citizen. I know a lot of people think that would be cruel to the family members. But lets think about it. If the family members of this ***** (if it can be proven without a doubt that this is indeed someone they're related to) weren't around to teach him right from wrong or over-indulged this little punk, then I say ship their whole family out of all western societies. I would find it an extremely gratifying twist of fate if his family was deported to some country in the middle east, was caught by terrorists, and met a gruesome fate. Or, let the family of all victims at this animal's hands sue the family into bankruptcy.
    02-26-2015 10:21 PM
    So you're OK with sitting back and watching a terror group crucify people for not converting to their religion, using mentally handicap kids as suicide bombers, and launching gay men off 7 story buildings and then stoning him to death on the ground because the fall didn't kill him. You want the US to sit back and say "It's not our problem", simply because they don't have an air force to hit us?
    That's a good point. I would be curious to hear anyone say that they're okay with what ISIS is doing.
    02-27-2015 04:25 AM
    That's a good point. I would be curious to hear anyone say that they're okay with what ISIS is doing.
    When we're done there, do we then go to Africa? If you say "no", then you must be ok with what ISIS is doing as well....
    02-27-2015 07:24 PM
    isis and those that mirror their ideals need to be eradicated, like the vile virus that they are!
    Scott7217 likes this.
    02-27-2015 07:40 PM
    When we're done there, do we then go to Africa?
    Thanks for reminding me. I already talked about stopping Boko Haram in Nigeria. They are killing innocent civilians there, too.

In any case, I haven't heard anyone justify the actions from either ISIS or Boko Haram. The bottom line is that they both need to be stopped.
    02-28-2015 12:47 AM
    So ISIS is as powerful as WW2 Japan? Nope. Not to mention the fact ISIS doesn't have the air power to launch a an attack on U.S. Soil, we would know before hand compared to the 1940s.
    President Obama has a different point of view:

"The so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) poses a threat to the people and stability of Iraq, Syria, and the broader Middle East, and to U.S. national security.

It threatens American personnel and facilities located in the region and is responsible for the deaths of U.S. citizens James Foley, Steven Sotloff, Abdul-Rahman Peter Kassig, and Kayla Mueller.

If left unchecked, ISIL will pose a threat beyond the Middle East, including to the United States homeland."

- Letter to Congress (February 11, 2015)
    02-28-2015 01:06 AM
    When we're done there, do we then go to Africa? If you say "no", then you must be ok with what ISIS is doing as well....
    Has our administration classified Boko as the JV or sophomore team yet? It makes a difference in terms of our response to them. I mean look at what we're doing to the JV team. I would only guess we'd drop some leaflets on the the sophomore team.
    03-03-2015 11:34 AM
    03-05-2015 02:40 AM
    Amid brazen, deadly attacks, gay Syrians tell of fear of ISIS persecution - CNN.com

I still don't know why some people fail to see the parallels between ISIS and the right wing religious groups here. ISIS does what the GOP wish it could do with regards to LGBT. The recurring theme with all these terrorist groups is the same, religion.
    03-05-2015 02:29 PM
    I still don't know why some people fail to see the parallels between ISIS and the right wing religious groups here. ISIS does what the GOP wish it could do with regards to LGBT. The recurring theme with all these terrorist groups is the same, religion.
    It's probably because of the different religious composition between Syria and the United States:

Syria
    87% Muslim
    10% Christian

United States
    0.6% Muslim
    78.4% Christian

Things may change in the future, though. I've heard reports that Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth.
    03-06-2015 05:20 AM
    Amid brazen, deadly attacks, gay Syrians tell of fear of ISIS persecution - CNN.com

WOW...that may be the most offensive thing I've read on here. You honestly think everyone on the right who practices religion wishes they could shove a gay person off the 7th floor of a building and then stone him/her to death? You really think there is a parallel between me being Catholic and ISIS? That somehow my religion is on par with ISIS and that I'm envious because they exterminate gays (and anyone else who doesn't believe what they believe). You do the site proud with that line of thought!
    03-06-2015 09:58 AM
    It's probably because of the different religious composition between Syria and the United States:

Syria
    87% Muslim
    10% Christian

United States
    0.6% Muslim
    78.4% Christian

Things may change in the future, though. I've heard reports that Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth.
    I wouldn't be surprised if people are converting at a faster rate because of all the hypocrisy that they see with Christianity. IMO though, all religions have a component of hypocrisy.

WOW...that may be the most offensive thing I've read on here. You honestly think everyone on the right who practices religion wishes they could shove a gay person off the 7th floor of a building and then stone him/her to death? You really think there is a parallel between me being Catholic and ISIS? That somehow my religion is on par with ISIS and that I'm envious because they exterminate gays (and anyone else who doesn't believe what they believe). You do the site proud with that line of thought!
    Over dramatic much? I'm willing to bet that there are some gay individuals that are more disgusted with the "pray the gay away" mentality of some of the right wing than this. Having to be forced to be something you're not to appease some fake do-gooder with a warped sense of what it means to be caring and loving of "ALL OF GOD'S CREATURES" seems a little more inhumane than someone taking your life. The point is BOTH camps have similar hostile beliefs. One is more barbaric in how it treats the LGBT community, and the other is ISIS (Yes, I said it that way just to see you rant again, "Oh lawdy most offensive postings I do declare!").

Here are some right-wing quotes that are NOT coming from ISIS, yeah how dare I make such a comparison....

7. "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers ... AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"He is purple — the gay-pride color, and his antenna is shaped like a triangle — the gay pride symbol." –from a "Parents Alert" issued in Jerry Falwell's National Liberty Journal , warning that "Tinky Winky," a character on the popular PBS children's show, "Teletubbies," may be gay

"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" --on the 9/11 attacks
    03-06-2015 04:14 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if people are converting at a faster rate because of all the hypocrisy that they see with Christianity. IMO though, all religions have a component of hypocrisy.
    Apparently, Islam has a greater appeal than Christianity or even atheism. I'm not exactly sure why that is. It's something worth exploring.
    03-06-2015 05:22 PM
237 ... 678910