03-22-2016 08:13 PM
237 ... 78910
tools
    Apparently, Islam has a greater appeal than Christianity or even atheism. I'm not exactly sure why that is. It's something worth exploring.
    Be my guest, but just remember the U.S. is watching......
    03-06-2015 08:19 PM
    Apparently, Islam has a greater appeal than Christianity or even atheism. I'm not exactly sure why that is. It's something worth exploring.
    If you ever learn anything about Islam it is a pretty chillax religion, it just gets a bad rap.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-06-2015 08:26 PM
    If you ever learn anything about Islam it is a pretty chillax religion, it just gets a bad rap.

What I find comical is when Christians talk down about it in a barbaric tone, as if the religion of Christianity was written free of such barbaric notions. Even Buddhism (which I consider one of the more passive of religions) has had some history of violence. It's just the nature of religion.
    A895 likes this.
    03-06-2015 08:53 PM
    Violence, is the nature of the planet's most idiotic species.
    03-07-2015 03:24 AM
    I think many religions get a bad rap. I think once people really look beyond the news headlines, they develop an appreciation for religion.
    03-09-2015 08:47 AM
    I think many religions get a bad rap. I think once people really look beyond the news headlines, they develop an appreciation for religion.
    I think they don't get enough of a bad rap. I can't think of any other instance where believing something that others don't believe in gives me a license to condemn that non believer to eternal damnation. Even amongst a large group of different races, you won't find as much contempt across the board as you do when going from religion to religion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    03-09-2015 01:08 PM
    I think they don't get enough of a bad rap.
    Do you think ISIS is terrorizing and killing gay people because the members of ISIS are Muslim, and the religion of Islam tells them to inflict violence on gay people?
    03-09-2015 09:23 PM
    Do you think ISIS is terrorizing and killing gay people because the members of ISIS are Muslim, and the religion of Islam tells them to inflict violence on gay people?
    I think they're doing it because they, like so many people, have twisted a religion to their own disgusting interpretation. While I can understand you trying to distinguish the difference between religion itself and man, it's religion that has enabled these disgusting people to behave in disgusting manners.
    A895 likes this.
    03-09-2015 11:10 PM
    No, every other religion doesn't get as dumped on as Islam nowadays. That is ignorance for you though.

03-10-2015 12:56 AM
    They do it because that is their own interpretation and belief. Not because the Quran tells them to do so.

03-10-2015 12:57 AM
    I think they're doing it because they, like so many people, have twisted a religion to their own disgusting interpretation.
    So, do you think religion can be good as long as it is interpreted properly? Who would be in charge of the interpretation?
    03-10-2015 07:22 AM
    So, do you think religion can be good as long as it is interpreted properly? Who would be in charge of the interpretation?
    Actually, I believe that one can act morally without having to be endorsed by a religion. What does religion teach us? To set self-imposed boundaries so that once we've died, we can be rewarded. Sacrifice yourself in this life, so that you may be rewarded in the next life. A lot of what's taught sounds like a rain check to me. My problem is what if there is nothing after this? There is no proof that there is. That being said, what if religion is just a way to keep people in check? I personally like the idea that if someone does me wrong, that they will be judged by someone when they pass. Nice story, but has never been proven to be true.
    A895 likes this.
    03-10-2015 06:28 PM
    If humans would just realize just how alike they all are, they would have no time to notice the insignificant petty differences.
    A895 likes this.
    03-10-2015 10:37 PM
    If humans would just realize just how alike they all are, they would have no time to notice the insignificant petty differences.
    Some people think that it's going to take some sort of alien invasion (or rise of the machines) to galvanize us as a species. When you consider how much energy as a species we waste just fighting each other, you can't help but almost welcome the invasion (rise of the machines)..... (new overlords please take this post into account once you've enslaved us all......)
    A895 likes this.
    03-10-2015 11:33 PM
    Some people think that it's going to take some sort of alien invasion (or rise of the machines) to galvanize us as a species. When you consider how much energy as a species we waste just fighting each other, you can't help but almost welcome the invasion (rise of the machines)..... (new overlords please take this post into account once you've enslaved us all......)
    Some people think, but most of them don't.
    03-11-2015 01:04 AM
    isis and those that mirror their ideals need to be eradicated, like the vile virus that they are!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the US and other countries step up their military strikes against ISIS.
    03-11-2015 02:49 AM
    Violence, is the nature of the planet's most idiotic species.
    Are there any scientific explanations for violence?
    03-11-2015 02:52 AM
    Are there any scientific explanations for violence?
    Please don't misunderstand me. I know this blue green orb we call home is a violent place. But the human being is a willfully violent creature. We have these amazing brains that separate us from the rest of the planet's inhabitants. We are intellectual, yet we continue to bicker over differences that make no difference. To me, that is insane, and why I consider the species as a whole, retarded.
    A895 and Scott7217 like this.
    03-11-2015 10:02 AM
    Please don't misunderstand me. I know this blue green orb we call home is a violent place. But the human being is a willfully violent creature.
    This is why I am interested in a scientific explanation for violence. Specifically, does nature reward violence?

An organism that is violent is more likely to eliminate competitors. This would result in the organism in question to have a greater chance to utilize the environment's limited resources without interference and live long enough to reproduce. The resulting offspring would then have an opportunity to repeat the cycle.

To give an example, there is a significant number of men who are descendants of the warlord, Genghis Khan.

Discover Magazine -- 1 in 200 men direct descendants of Genghis Khan (article link)

The article mentions this quote from Genghis Khan:

"The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms."

It's easy to see that Genghis Khan was a brutal man. However, it may be his brutality that enabled him to be successful on a genetic basis, which is why he has many descendants.

Thus, I go back to my question: Does nature reward violence? Honestly, I personally don't like the possibility that the answer to that question is yes.
    03-11-2015 10:43 PM
    The violence of nature is merely just survival. A lioness hunting down and killing the weakest Gazelle, may seem horrific, but it what needs to be, to complete that good old circle of life. One thing must cease it's life functions for another to continue its own, in us complicated organisms. We, on the other hand, kill because we can. We kill over plots of land that were here long before we ever existed, and will continue to exist long after our demise. We kill because others believe in different beliefs than we have ourselves. We kill because others have different skin tones. We kill because others love those that have the same anatomical equipment as they do. We kill in all our self righteous glory and our narcissistic desire to be more than we are. I don't believe there is a science that can accurately depict human stupidity, because it is fathomless.
    A895 likes this.
    03-11-2015 11:00 PM
    No, every other religion doesn't get as dumped on as Islam nowadays. That is ignorance for you though.
    When you put it like that, then sure, I can see some people viewing other religions more positively than Islam. Why do you think some people are more friendly towards non-Islamic religions?
    03-19-2015 11:54 PM
    When you put it like that, then sure, I can see some people viewing other religions more positively than Islam. Why do you think some people are more friendly towards non-Islamic religions?
    Because it's easier to be racist against someone when you can pretend it's for other reasons, in this case because of a few extremists.
    A895 likes this.
    03-21-2015 09:53 PM
    Racism and stereotypes. All Muslims are terrorists and all that.

03-21-2015 10:16 PM
    The truth of the matter is, the tiny human mind becomes overwhelmed when it has to think for itself.
    03-22-2015 02:29 PM
    Because it's easier to be racist against someone when you can pretend it's for other reasons, in this case because of a few extremists.
    This is why the First Amendment is very important. It helps to ensure freedom of religion. We don't want anyone to discriminate against people who hold a particular faith.
    03-23-2015 04:09 AM
237 ... 78910