12-05-2014 05:51 AM
179 123 ...
tools
    Post your comments, cries of joy, and outbursts of rage over the 2014 elections here...

And if you want to smoke a fatty, you can now do it in Oregon

Sent from my XT1096
    11-05-2014 06:58 AM
    Nothing will change because there is too much polarization. Obama will veto bills he doesn't agree with, such as, if cutting social security or education was a bill passed and the Republicans don't have a 2/3rds majority in both houses to override the veto. Obama will start using more executive orders, immigration being a big one.

The spookiest candidate elected was Joni Ernest.
    A895 and msndrstood like this.
    11-05-2014 07:34 AM
    Now that the Republicans have won control of the Senate in the US mid-term elections, increasing their power in the final two years of Barack Obama's term. We need to Jam it down the throat of the Democrats, No mercy.

We Conservatives consider Harry Reid evil.. We consider Harry Reid a puppet for Barack Obama. He is the master of deception. The useless Obama sock puppet, mean demented old man.
    11-05-2014 07:55 AM
    Nothing will change because there is too much polarization. Obama will veto bills he doesn't agree with, such as, if cutting social security or education was a bill passed and the Republicans don't have a 2/3rds majority in both houses to override the veto. Obama will start using more executive orders, immigration being a big one.

Obama is worried about his legacy now. The ACA has not aged very well an I foresee him desperately trying to get some lasting accomplishments. I also think he is too arrogant to work with the Republicans and will tarnish his legacy by ruling "with a pen and a phone" and bypass Congress.

What's so spooky about Joni Ernst? I know nothing about her, but looking at her website, nothing seems crazy. Conservative sure, but I am not getting the vibe of crazy.

Sent from my XT1096
    11-05-2014 08:08 AM
    Obama is worried about his legacy now. The ACA has not aged very well an I foresee him desperately trying to get some lasting accomplishments. I also think he is too arrogant to work with the Republicans and will tarnish his legacy by ruling "with a pen and a phone" and bypass Congress.
    You need to look at executive orders by other presidents. He's no more arrogant with executive orders than any other president - Executive Orders

If the Republicans win in 2016, they will tear the ACA apart and only keep the good parts of it. Then when they're asked about all the people that can no longer afford healthcare, what are they going to say? They're lazy? We don't care about those people? Social responsibility will win over individual responsibility. You can't be heartless and expect to stay in power.

What's so spooky about Joni Ernst? I know nothing about her, but looking at her website, nothing seems crazy. Conservative sure, but I am not getting the vibe of crazy.
    Anyone in the tea party mold of Michele Bachmann or Sarah Palin is spooky, such as, Sarah Palin's church had a pray away the gay program.

Just my 2 cents.
    A895, grover5, msndrstood and 1 others like this.
    11-05-2014 08:28 AM
    A democrat president and republican Congress in 2014? Government shutdown here we come.
    palandri and nolittdroid like this.
    11-05-2014 08:30 AM
    If I'm advising the newly red legislature:

1. Don't jerk the wheel to the right and lock it there, your majority will be short lived. Right of center is one thing, Ted Cruz nut job right will cause all your gains to disappear in 2016.
    2. The White House no longer has Harry Reid to protect them from using the veto pen. Send bipartisan bills through and on to his desk weekly or bi-weekly. With that said be prepared, Reid is by far the biggest obstructionist in the Senate, whether he be in the majority or minority. What he has complained about republicans doing when the democrats had all but a super majority in 2008, he is the master of these tactics. Call him Yoda if you will.
    3. DO NOT try and repeal the ACA. Instead submit "fixes". We all know the monstrosity of the law has flaws. Try fixing bits and pieces and if you want to deem it a utter failure, repeal it when you can add 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. to your address book.
    4. DO NOT spend the next 2yrs investigating and having special prosecutors up the administrations rear end. He is weak, his party is weakened, let him exit with a sub 35% approval rating and focus on 2016. If the public views your time owning Congress as nothing more than a witch hunt when families are struggling, prepare to lose in 2016.
    5. Caucus and get everyone on the same play (Yes this means you Tea Party quacks)

PS....Thank god Pat Quinn is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nolittdroid likes this.
    11-05-2014 09:36 AM
    Joni Ernest is the first woman from Iowa elected to Congress, so she's making a little bit of history right there.

Was there anything the Democrats could have done differently to change the outcome of election day? Maybe people were simply unhappy with the Obama administration, so they decided to send a message.
    11-05-2014 09:53 AM
    Joni Ernest is the first woman from Iowa elected to Congress, so she's making a little bit of history right there.

Was there anything the Democrats could have done differently to change the outcome of election day? Maybe people were simply unhappy with the Obama administration, so they decided to send a message.
    You could start by having a Democratic candidate who doesn't rip a very popular Senator in Grassley. Calling him, "a farmer from Iowa who never went to law school.". Who tried to paint himself as a farmer in a farm state yet doesn't own a single acre of farm land. Or who complained during the government shut down that he "has to wash his own towels". He's lucky he made it as close as he did.
    11-05-2014 10:42 AM
    This election was about change, unemployment and Obama care.

The Democratic Party is rife with scandal from the highest echelons of government, down to the small corridors of town halls.
    11-05-2014 01:52 PM
    Its a shame, I'm embarrassed for this country.

-Iowa actually elected someone stupid enough to think state powers can "nullify" federal powers.
    - Godspeed to the poor women and families who will have to deal with conservative ignorance when it comes to their healthcare
    - I can't WAIT to see the conservatives waste more time trying to overturn the "Obamacare bill"
    + Kudos to Alaska, Oregon, and D.C.!
    palandri, A895, grover5 and 1 others like this.
    11-05-2014 03:47 PM

She's an *****, not exactly the kind of history we want to make.
    palandri, A895, grover5 and 1 others like this.
    11-05-2014 03:48 PM
    Why is Louie Ghomert still in office? Does anyone who voted for him, listen to anything he says?
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-05-2014 03:54 PM

Sent from my XT1096
    Sadly see the party of hate and bigotry to do everything they can to dismantle ACA and refuse to anything to really improve it.
    I also expect them to start trying to force bills threw that show why they are the party of hate and bigotry threw.
    11-05-2014 03:55 PM
    This election was about change, unemployment and Obama care.

The Democratic Party is rife with scandal from the highest echelons of government, down to the small corridors of town halls.
    This election was your standard midterm. Only 35% of the voting population went to the polls because there was no president on the ticket. The very white and old made up most of them. That is when republicans win, when nobody votes. The current iteration of the republican party will most likely never win the white house again and if the democrats ever figure out how to get the vote out at midterms then you'll only have the south...or parts of it. But enjoy your moment, hate and fear won the day yesterday.
    11-05-2014 04:07 PM

Probably nothing other than getting all the people who stayed home to actually come out and vote. I honestly don't get that phenomena. If people can drag their butts out every four years, why can't they every two? Is it THAT much of a burden? I swear the people in this country are both stupid AND lazy. It's not that time consuming to vote. Doing taxes takes more time and that has to be done every year!

So now all those young people who stayed home will spend the next two years complaining about the cost of their student loans and their low wages. In fact they will spend more time complaining than an hour of voting would have taken them. They had a chance to change those things and took no action. Not very bright.

Voting only every four years is like sending an army into battle and then not resupply them and somehow expect that to succeed. Shortsighted to say the least.

It should be noted that the flip in congress was to be expected as that has happened with every two term president's midterms in our lifetime. Just how things work. I guess people are always unhappy with their presidents by the time year six rolls around no matter who they are or what party. Americans are a fickle bunch. It's a wonder we get anything done at all with such attitudes.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri, A895, Scott7217 and 2 others like this.
    11-05-2014 05:55 PM
    Lots of things to be unhappy about in last night's election but one of the few bright spots was Scott Brown losing his race. I don't say that from a partisan point of view, but rather from a carpetbagger point of view. I don't like people who lose an election and then move just so they can worm their way back into congress again. That's not representing the people of that state. That's representing yourself. Glad the voters agreed.

palandri and grover5 like this.
    11-05-2014 06:03 PM
    Sadly see the party of hate and bigotry to do everything they can to dismantle ACA and refuse to anything to really improve it.
    I also expect them to start trying to force bills threw that show why they are the party of hate and bigotry threw.
    I thought there weren't enough votes to override an Obama veto?
    11-05-2014 07:36 PM
    Not a enough votes does not mean they will not change force the bills threw. They will get vetoed but you can bet the gop will earn it's name of the party of hate and bigotry. They will force the vetoes to happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    A895 likes this.
    11-05-2014 07:38 PM
    Not a enough votes does not mean they will not change force the bills threw. They will get vetoed but you can bet the gop will earn it's name of the party of hate and bigotry. They will force the vetoes to happen.
    Should ACA supporters be worried? If Obama uses his veto, everything should be fine, right?
    11-05-2014 07:42 PM
    Probably nothing other than getting all the people who stayed home to actually come out and vote. I honestly don't get that phenomena. If people can drag their butts out every four years, why can't they every two? Is it THAT much of a burden? I swear the people in this country are both stupid AND lazy. It's not that time consuming to vote. Doing taxes takes more time and that has to be done every year!

So now all those young people who stayed home will spend the next two years ******** (rhymes with itching) about the cost of their student loans and their low wages. In fact they will spend more time ******** than an hour of voting would have taken them. They had a chance to change those things and took no action. Not very bright.

Voting only every four years is like sending an army into battle and then not resupply them and somehow expect that to succeed. Shortsighted to say the least.

It should be noted that the flip in congress was to be expected as that has happened with every two term president's midterms in our lifetime. Just how things work. I guess people are always unhappy with their presidents by the time year six rolls around no matter who they are or what party. Americans are a fickle bunch. It's a wonder we get anything done at all with such attitudes.

You see I believe if you do not vote you have no right to *****. You vote for your right to complain. You can even complain about the guy you voted for. The only requirement for your right to ***** is you voted in the last election. The exceptions to rule are if it was not possible for you to vote in the last election. Examples of that are you where not of age or say you moved between elections so you could not have effect with your vote.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    GadgetGator likes this.
    11-05-2014 07:43 PM
    Should ACA supporters be worried? If Obama uses his veto, everything should be fine, right?
    I bet we can expect another government shutdown this year over it and like last time it will be 99.9% the gop fault. Expect another debt ceiling fight.
    Expect yet another credit rating down grade because of the grid lock.
    11-05-2014 07:47 PM
    I bet we can expect another government shutdown this year over it and like last time it will be 99.9% the gop fault. Expect another debt ceiling fight.
    Expect yet another credit rating down grade because of the grid lock.
    Wouldn't that just make people angry at the Republicans? I would think then we would have a whole bunch of people voting for the Democrats during the 2016 presidential election.
    11-05-2014 07:54 PM
    Wouldn't that just make people angry at the Republicans? I would think then we would have a whole bunch of people voting for the Democrats during the 2016 presidential election.
    Well it is not like the gop learned from last time. It is the result of the fact that the gop in large have to many people scared of the primaries and zero fear of the general. Stuff like the shut down fires up the base who vote in the primaries.

Take Ted Cruz, he does not care about a vast majority of the state. He will win because he has an r after his name.
    He cares only about the extreme end of the people on texas who vote in the primaries. So we are talking less than 1-2%
    11-05-2014 07:57 PM
    There's not. But that doesn't mean they can't start monkeying with the funding. Congress controls the purse strings. They will pick at things however they can.

11-05-2014 08:31 PM
179 123 ...