Obama is about to name Loretta Lynch as the new Attorney General. Will the Republicans try to stop her due to her 20 count indictment against Republican Michael Grimm for fraud, federal tax evasion, and perjury?
    11-07-2014 10:39 AM
    Obama could nominate Jesus himself and Republicans would still try to block the appointment.

In fact they were blocking over a month ago before a name was even announced saying it wouldn't be "fair" to the incoming congress and we should just go without an AG or presumably any other vacancy until next year. As if congress isn't in session again until then.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri and rexxman like this.
    11-07-2014 01:43 PM
    I heard on CNN that someone was upset because they didn't get enough advance notice of the nomination. Figures.
    11-07-2014 03:14 PM
    Obama could nominate Jesus himself and Republicans would still try to block the appointment.

In fact they were blocking over a month ago before a name was even announced saying it wouldn't be "fair" to the incoming congress and we should just go without an AG or presumably any other vacancy until next year. As if congress isn't in session again until then.

I want to see how the GOP treats her confirmation hearing. I'm sure they think she's under qualified because of her gender and her race.

And before anyone cries foul, please watch the video below.

palandri likes this.
    11-09-2014 12:14 PM
    I want to see how the GOP treats her confirmation hearing. I'm sure they think she's under qualified because of her gender and her race.

Boooooooogus.. She is under qualified.. Not about race..

11-10-2014 06:54 AM

She's a nut. She also made some crazy statement about gays pounding homosexual thoughts into young people.
    11-10-2014 07:31 AM
    She's a nut. She also made some crazy statement about gays pounding homosexual thoughts into young people.
    And yet she won her campaign. It's no wonder the red states are the less educated, poorer, and more religious states.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    11-10-2014 06:21 PM
    Obama is about to name Loretta Lynch as the new Attorney General.
    Loretta Lynch had a few interesting things to say during her confirmation hearing for Attorney General.

CNN -- Marijuana, polygamy, torture: Lynch confirmation hearing (website link)

Excerpts:

Some Democrats raised war-related issues. Lynch told Leahy that she considers waterboarding to be torture, "and thus illegal."

"I can tell you that not only do I not support the legalization of marijuana, it is not the position of the Department of Justice currently to support the legalization," she said. "Nor will it be the position, should I be confirmed as attorney general."

"I believe that the death penalty is an effective penalty."
    01-30-2015 06:15 PM
    And still the GOP is keeping her waiting. They seem to want to keep a man they hate employed. Got to have a villain. Got to keep those talking points!

The GOP is ridiculous.

03-03-2015 07:38 PM
    And still the GOP is keeping her waiting.
    The wait has ended.

Yahoo! News -- Lynch becomes US attorney general, first black woman in post (article link)
    04-23-2015 04:38 PM
    The wait has ended.

Yahoo! News -- Lynch becomes US attorney general, first black woman in post (article link)
    It's only taken what, several months? I'm kind of curious to see how Congress will treat Hillary's nominations (yes I'm counting chickens, no they're not mine as I'd prefer a different non-GOP candidate).

Where's Palandri been? He's been MIA from this section for awhile. Did he get tired of the limited discussions in here?
    04-24-2015 04:49 AM
    It's only taken what, several months?
    I'm surprised that there is no time-limit on nominations.

It would be interesting to see what Loretta Lynch would have done differently if she had replaced Eric Holder as attorney general earlier.

Maybe she will put more police officers on trial for civil rights violations.
    04-28-2015 06:03 PM
    Well, it looks like Loretta Lynch already has a tough assignment ahead of her: protests, riots, investigating accusations of police brutality, and handling possible civil rights violations. It's all in the job for the attorney general.

CNN -- In Baltimore, a test case for Loretta Lynch (article link)
    04-29-2015 02:24 AM
    They seem to want to keep a man they hate employed.
    Well, what do you think of Loretta Lynch when compared to Eric Holder?

I thought it was interesting for her to ask for the renewal of the Patriot Act.

CBS DC -- Loretta Lynch: US Will Be ‘Less Safe’ If Congress Doesn’t Reauthorize Patriot Act (article link)
    05-22-2015 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD