01-27-2015 06:51 PM
262 ... 91011
tools
    No, but when all evidence is pointing to it being a justified shooting and any claims to the contrary have been proven false, then it's time to give it a rest, not try to find other ways to indict the officer.
    Or, or, or instead of finding ways of making dead teenagers look like villains we get to the root if the problem of cops using excessive force on minorities which IS what the protests are about. Not just Brown or Eric Gardner, but there have been a lot of videos from Worldstarhiphop to liveleak to YouTube of cops stopping black men and either A.) Stopping them for dumb reasons or no reason at all except that they are black or B.) The cops shooting or beating them.

That is what the protests are about. But people only pay attention to mainstream media so they get half of the story and think everything is about Brown. He is part of but not the whole reason for the protests.

Posted via the Android Central App
    palandri likes this.
    01-24-2015 12:46 AM
    Or, or, or instead of finding ways of making dead teenagers look like villains we get to the root if the problem of cops using excessive force on minorities which IS what the protests are about.
    When we got to the root of the problem, Brown was a villain and excessive force wasn't used. If the protests are about abusive cops, then they should protest those actual cases, not the ones where the cop was justified. But I guess it's more important to some people to protest and riot based on lies and false witnesses than to wait for all the facts and protest the true problematic cases.
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    01-24-2015 08:06 AM
    When we got to the root of the problem, Brown was a villain and excessive force wasn't used. If the protests are about abusive cops, then they should protest those actual cases, not the ones where the cop was justified. But I guess it's more important to some people to protest and riot based on lies and false witnesses than to wait for all the facts and protest the true problematic cases.
    You are looking at the issue superficially (just what's on the surface), when the issue is much deeper than that and that's what they're protesting.
    A895 likes this.
    01-24-2015 09:19 AM
    You are looking at the issue superficially (just what's on the surface), when the issue is much deeper than that and that's what they're protesting.
    Then protest the freaking actual problem cases. Don't be crying wolf over cases that don't fit the narrative and then try to justify it as "it's about a bigger issue."
    01-24-2015 09:22 AM
    Then protest the freaking actual problem cases. Don't be crying wolf over cases that don't fit the narrative and then try to justify it as "it's about a bigger issue."
    It's obviously something you see superficially. An unarmed person shot 6 times, including twice in the head is the problem. A guy dies in a choke hold for selling untaxed cigarettes. A 12 year old kid given 1 second to drop his fake gun is shot and killed. You can't see the issue here?

Let's say your wife gets pulled over and the cop comes on aggressively and scares your wife and she doesn't comply and becomes angry towards the cop. (Psychology 101, if you come on to someone aggressively, you are most likely going to get an aggressive response) The cop feels threatened, he sees her going for her side (actually to unlock her seat belt), thinks she's going for a weapon and blows her away. Can you see the problem here?
    A895 likes this.
    01-24-2015 09:44 AM
    Did you read my whole post?
    palandri likes this.
    01-24-2015 12:03 PM
    You are still haven't been paying attention nothing I have said. I told you what the issue is, but you keep falling back to the "justified shooting" bit.
    palandri likes this.
    01-24-2015 12:04 PM
    An unarmed person shot 6 times, including twice in the head is the problem. A guy dies in a choke hold for selling untaxed cigarettes. A 12 year old kid given 1 second to drop his fake gun is shot and killed. You can't see the issue here?
    1. Brown was going for the gun, and firearms training day if you shoot, shoot to kill.

2. The guy wasn't complying with a police order and became aggressive.
    3. The kid (or maybe parents?) removed the orange tip from an otherwise realistic looking airsoft gun.

The only issues I see in those three cases are people jumping to conclusions and mad when the facts and prosecutions don't go the way the race baiters want.

Let's say your wife gets pulled over and the cop comes on aggressively and scares your wife and she doesn't comply and becomes angry towards the cop. (Psychology 101, if you come on to someone aggressively, you are most likely going to get an aggressive response) The cop feels threatened, he sees her going for her side (actually to unlock her seat belt), thinks she's going for a weapon and blows her away. Can you see the problem here?
    You should never become aggressive and angry towards a cop. Any time they go into an unknown situation, including traffic stops, they never know who they are encountering and have to be prepared for the worse. Even if the cop is belligerent, it should always be yes sir, no sir from you and don't give them reason to be even more on edge. Confronting the bad actions of a cop at roadside is not the time or place to do so.

You are still haven't been paying attention nothing I have said. I told you what the issue is, but you keep falling back to the "justified shooting" bit.
    Well if the race baiters and rioters would stop crying wolf, then the actual issues could be addressed.
    01-24-2015 02:25 PM
    ...The only issues I see in those three cases are people jumping to conclusions and mad when the facts and prosecutions don't go the way the race baiters want....

...Well if the race baiters and rioters would stop crying wolf, then the actual issues could be addressed.
    Ahhhh! So it's the race baiters causing all these problems. I should have known.
    A895 likes this.
    01-24-2015 05:01 PM
    Should that REALLY be what someone has to go through at the death of a loved one? Do you REALLY want to put that extra burden onto them at a time like that? Really?

Or should we maybe just all behave ourselves and not make a scene at such an occasion? You know...manners. Decorum. The things people used to have and that you either never experienced or have forgotten.
    We don't live in a perfect world, and people disagree on what is proper in many situations, including funerals.

I'm certainly not asking the widows to personally throw out people they don't want at the funerals. I'm sure the funeral director has a staff that would gladly do that on behalf of the family.

Honestly, I feel that if the police who turned their backs on Mayor de Blasio were protesting something else, you would probably be more receptive to their actions.

For example, if an officer who died on duty happened to be gay, and the police turned their backs during the funeral to protest a work environment that was hostile to gay people, you might be more understanding.
    01-26-2015 11:00 PM
    We don't live in a perfect world, and people disagree on what is proper in many situations, including funerals.

I'm certainly not asking the widows to personally throw out people they don't want at the funerals. I'm sure the funeral director has a staff that would gladly do that on behalf of the family.

Honestly, I feel that if the police who turned their backs on Mayor de Blasio were protesting something else, you would probably be more receptive to their actions.

For example, if an officer who died on duty happened to be gay, and the police turned their backs during the funeral to protest a work environment that was hostile to gay people, you might be more understanding.
    And you're honestly wrong.

I think I have made myself quite clear on this issue. I have not been vague. So other then your own projections onto me, I do not see how you can possibly make that statement.

But let me state things again bluntly...no protest at funerals by anyone for any reason. Is that clear?

Posted via Android Central App
    01-27-2015 02:34 PM

So, the police are being hunted now....sigh....-facepalm.gif

Oh lordy.......

So let me ask you this, why exactly were they protesting the Mayor?
    A895 likes this.
    01-27-2015 06:51 PM
262 ... 91011