01-27-2015 06:51 PM
262 1234 ...
tools
    It is. Believe me there isn't a cop killing spread that is going to happen.
    In case you haven't noticed cops have been getting assaulted in NY with regularity and rather disturbing brazenness. Executing them is just taking it one step further. You have protesters chanting "What do we want. Dead cops. When do we want them? Now!". You really don't know what's going to happen.

Departments across the country are on a heightened alert since the protesters began the new fad of abusing cops.
    12-22-2014 07:29 PM
    The guy just killed his G/F so I think it was just a case of someone that knew he was doomed and wanted a parting shot at the cops.
    Actually he didn't kill his ex girlfriend. He did shoot her though after she talked him out of killing himself. Pity she made the attempt.

But this guy has had mental problems since childhood. I've said it before, I'll say it again... this could have all been avoided if we would round up all the crazies and get them off the streets and out of society.

But no. Instead we let a guy like this get arrested 19 times like a revolving door. Dumb.

Along those lines, the MD police were tracking the girlfriends phone he stole so they knew right where he was for HOURS. they knew he was on a bus to NYC. They knew where he was even in NYC till he chucked the phone. So there was hours of opportunities to get him, yet they didn't even try. So another dumb thing.

So preventable. If only people paid attention and took action.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-22-2014 09:23 PM
    They said the lost track at noon and only that he was likely in the 70th precinct. NYPD didn't get a wanted photo from Baltimore PD till 2:45pm. Its kind of hard to look for a guy when you don't know what he looks like.
    12-22-2014 10:56 PM
    In case you haven't noticed cops have been getting assaulted in NY with regularity and rather disturbing brazenness. Executing them is just taking it one step further. You have protesters chanting "What do we want. Dead cops. When do we want them? Now!". You really don't know what's going to happen.

Departments across the country are on a heightened alert since the protesters began the new fad of abusing cops.
    New fad? I'm sorry if media attention is bringing to light something that was already there.
    12-22-2014 11:07 PM
    New fad? I'm sorry if media attention is bringing to light something that was already there.
    Abusing cops, assaulting them, taking hatchets to them, and now bullets in the heads? I was back in NY in October, I didn't see a group of people walking down 6th avenue chanting they want dead cops.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2014 11:44 PM
    Abusing cops, assaulting them, taking hatchets to them, and now bullets in the heads? I was back in NY in October, I didn't see a group of people walking down 6th avenue chanting they want dead cops.

People have been shooting at cops for years, try harder. At that cop deaths are at a all time low. At the same time, people are tired of cops abusing their power.
    12-23-2014 12:55 AM

So what's the solution? All I am hearing on the news is personal attacks and no solutions, such as, the Mayor has blood on his hands, Obama and Holder have responsibility. Al Sharpton has responsibility. There's a problem. How do we solve it?
    12-23-2014 12:58 AM
    Something like 20 30 cops are killed each year in usa. Out of 500k and most due to traffic accidents.

They are more than able to defend themselves..
    12-23-2014 02:15 AM
    They said the lost track at noon and only that he was likely in the 70th precinct. NYPD didn't get a wanted photo from Baltimore PD till 2:45pm. Its kind of hard to look for a guy when you don't know what he looks like.
    But they had his EXACT location for HOURS prior to losing contact. Before he even GOT to NYC. What part of this are you missing???

12-23-2014 05:55 AM
    But they had his EXACT location for HOURS prior to losing contact. Before he even GOT to NYC. What part of this are you missing???

On a moving bus? Unless the man shot someone of significance, they're not going to conduct an all out manhunt at the drop of a dime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-23-2014 07:15 AM
    People have been shooting at cops for years, try harder. At that cop deaths are at a all time low. At the same time, people are tired of cops abusing their power.
    People have been getting arrested for years, that didn't stop two stories from becoming national rally cries under a false narrative.

It's funny, two incidents and "we're tired of cops abusing their power". Note "plural" to include all cops. One guy acts off the incite fueled rhetoric and it's "isolated", nothing to be alarmed about.

12-23-2014 07:24 AM
    People have been getting arrested for years, that didn't stop two stories from becoming national rally cries under a false narrative.

It's funny, two incidents and "we're tired of cops abusing their power". Note "plural" to include all cops. One guy acts off the incite fueled rhetoric and it's "isolated", nothing to be alarmed about.

Did you miss how it has been repeated how this has been happening for years? Cops have been shooting or otherwise hurting unarmed black men for years. Those two just happened to get media attention.

I'm sorry but you are way offbase for that one. This isn't a false narrative at all. That is an ignorant statement, meaning you don't know the whole story of the protests.
    12-23-2014 08:38 AM
    Did you miss how it has been repeated how this has been happening for years? Cops have been shooting or otherwise hurting unarmed black men for years. Those two just happened to get media attention.

I'm sorry but you are way offbase for that one. This isn't a false narrative at all. That is an ignorant statement, meaning you don't know the whole story of the protests.
    Neither one of these incidents had anything to do with race. Hell even Gardners wife and daughter came out and said race had nothing to do with it.

12-23-2014 08:41 AM
    Neither one of these incidents had anything to do with race. Hell even Gardners wife and daughter came out and said race had nothing to do with it.

No one is saying race had anything to do with those incidents in particular. But race plays a factor in how police approach people. Anyone can tell you that.
    12-23-2014 08:56 AM
    No one is saying race had anything to do with those incidents in particular. But race plays a factor in how police approach people. Anyone can tell you that.
    In case you haven't noticed, race has played a significant role in the development of these protests. If not Sharpton wouldn't have been within a 100 mile radius. People wouldn't be holding signs "Black lives matter", as if someone ever insinuated they didn't. You make it about race when you say cops have been shooting/hurting "Black men" for years. If both of these incidents had nothing to do with race, then why is that a statement that comes out of anyone's mouth? In the Ferguson thread you posted a stat that showed the rate of violent crimes committed was nearly identical, white vs. black. Using your same methodology, which I pointed out was in error but will stick with it for the sake of consistency on your part, there are more white people shot by cops than black.

There was a study conducted by WSU and there was some pretty telling conclusions that come from it.

• Officers were less likely to erroneously shoot unarmed black suspects than they were unarmed whites — 25 times less likely, in fact

• And officers hesitated significantly longer before shooting armed suspects who were black, compared to armed subjects who were white or Hispanic

“In sum,” writes Dr. Lois James, a research assistant professor with the university’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology who headed the study, “this research found that participants displayed significant bias favoring Black suspects” in their shooting decisions.

I know this doesn't fit the current narrative, but at least people are trying to get the bottom of it.
    akutch34 likes this.
    12-23-2014 10:09 AM
    So what's the solution? All I am hearing on the news is personal attacks and no solutions, such as, the Mayor has blood on his hands, Obama and Holder have responsibility. Al Sharpton has responsibility. There's a problem. How do we solve it?
    I thought it was an absolute disgrace when the NY cops turned their backs on their mayor. He is a white guy that has children of mixed race and he knows first hand that his children will be subject to a different set of rules and wants to do something about it. The cops turning their backs only shows that there is a secret code among law enforcement that's similar to the secret code in the ghetto, "snitches get stitches". Cops hate when other cops turn them in for wrong behavior. Back in the 80s, the U.S. had propaganda regarding how the USSR had a rogue police force that swept their land. It appears we're living in those same conditions. If you don't believe me, here's some proof Updated: Veteran Dallas police officer arrested on charge of sexual assault | Dallas Morning News
    12-23-2014 10:42 AM
    In case you haven't noticed, race has played a significant role in the development of these protests. If not Sharpton wouldn't have been within a 100 mile radius. People wouldn't be holding signs "Black lives matter", as if someone ever insinuated they didn't. You make it about race when you say cops have been shooting/hurting "Black men" for years. If both of these incidents had nothing to do with race, then why is that a statement that comes out of anyone's mouth? In the Ferguson thread you posted a stat that showed the rate of violent crimes committed was nearly identical, white vs. black. Using your same methodology, which I pointed out was in error but will stick with it for the sake of consistency on your part, there are more white people shot by cops than black.

There was a study conducted by WSU and there was some pretty telling conclusions that come from it.

• Officers were less likely to erroneously shoot unarmed black suspects than they were unarmed whites — 25 times less likely, in fact

• And officers hesitated significantly longer before shooting armed suspects who were black, compared to armed subjects who were white or Hispanic

“In sum,” writes Dr. Lois James, a research assistant professor with the university’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology who headed the study, “this research found that participants displayed significant bias favoring Black suspects” in their shooting decisions.

I know this doesn't fit the current narrative, but at least people are trying to get the bottom of it.

So if it is about race, what you're saying is that you're perfectly ok with sweeping it under the rug? Just because you feel that there is justice, that doesn't mean someone else of a different skin color is going to feel that there is justice.

That study, do you have a link to its findings? All it sounds like is more of the same, "Well there's more black on black violence than there is white on black violence, why don't they worry more about their black on black violence?" argument. Black on black violence is constantly being addressed by community leaders. Arguing different issues is just a way some people create a diversion because they don't want to talk about the real issue. I'll never understand why it's so hard for some people to see that our country has a race issue. Until we address it as a group and look to right our injustices based on race, we'll never be as great a country as we think we are.
    A895 and GadgetGator like this.
    12-23-2014 10:55 AM
    So if it is about race, what you're saying is that you're perfectly ok with sweeping it under the rug? Just because you feel that there is justice, that doesn't mean someone else of a different skin color is going to feel that there is justice.

That study, do you have a link to its findings? All it sounds like is more of the same, "Well there's more black on black violence than there is white on black violence, why don't they worry more about their black on black violence?" argument. Black on black violence is constantly being addressed by community leaders. Arguing different issues is just a way some people create a diversion because they don't want to talk about the real issue. I'll never understand why it's so hard for some people to see that our country has a race issue. Until we address it as a group and look to right our injustices based on race, we'll never be as great a country as we think we are.
    Not sure where you come to that conclusion. Neither the Brown case or the Gardner case had anything to do with what color their skin was. But you have people like Sharpton cherry picking any incident to further his own self serving role stirring the pot and dumping fuel. When it combusts, he's no where to be found. He sits there and stares at the camera and says "What!?!" "We want peace!?!". In fact his very involvement in ANYTHING means race is brought into the conversation, even if the facts say otherwise.

http://spokane.wsu.edu/admissions/Cr...erVila2014.pdf

Has nothing to do with black on black crime or anything of the sorts. As far as what the "real issue" is, that is where the debate begins. Nothing is a given about what the "real issue" is.
    12-23-2014 11:19 AM
    The news channels stopped reporting news, all they report is their opinions and adding fuel to the fire. All Sharpton would have never uproved violence on the street. And no cop wants it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    12-23-2014 11:57 AM

Because they did research on how some cops shot a black man less, that negates my statement of "cops approach people based on race"?
    12-23-2014 12:03 PM
    Not sure where you come to that conclusion. Neither the Brown case or the Gardner case had anything to do with what color their skin was. But you have people like Sharpton cherry picking any incident to further his own self serving role stirring the pot and dumping fuel. When it combusts, he's no where to be found. He sits there and stares at the camera and says "What!?!" "We want peace!?!". In fact his very involvement in ANYTHING means race is brought into the conversation, even if the facts say otherwise.

Has nothing to do with black on black crime or anything of the sorts. As far as what the "real issue" is, that is where the debate begins. Nothing is a given about what the "real issue" is.
    The real issue is cops and black people, not that hard. And I hate how everyone loves to put too much stock into Sharpton, AGAIN, he is not the messiah of black people. He is just a man. Stop brining him up, he does not help your argument.
    12-23-2014 12:05 PM

I'm sure you're not a fan of his, but he has some very valid points.

Oh and I think I've posted the video earlier, but since we're back at pretending that this has nothing to do with race, I figured it needs to be revisited.
    12-23-2014 12:06 PM
    You are correct Sharpton is far from Messiah,

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2014 12:08 PM
    The real issue is cops and black people, not that hard. And I hate how everyone loves to put too much stock into Sharpton, AGAIN, he is not the messiah of black people. He is just a man. Stop brining him up, he does not help your argument.
    Well considering he's everywhere stirring up what he can and has become the white houses race ambassador, it's hard to avoid him.
    12-23-2014 12:15 PM
    Well considering he's everywhere stirring up what he can and has become the white houses race ambassador, it's hard to avoid him.
    It is very easy to avoid him. It is funny how a lot of black people actually ignore him, yet every other person wants to say Al Sharpton has all this pull, when he does not.
    12-23-2014 12:19 PM
262 1234 ...