01-27-2015 06:51 PM
262 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Unless someone else has a gun, I see no reason to shoot at them. I think people are trying to paint me as some ignoramus or something. But I am a person who has been in situations EXACTLY like that (potential robbery, theft, fights, being jumped), and I am telling you, even if I had a gun, I would not kill them.

I am more prone to using my fists before a weapon, and that is how I survived growing up. But my experiences I guess means little. Whatever.
    I understand what your saying. Police should always use the minimum amount of force necessary during an arrest. I didn't like Wilson's response as to why he didn't have a tazer. I think he said they're are too bulky. They have small tazer guns now. We also know that tazer gun sales have skyrocketed now due to the recent events, so some people are getting the message.

If someone pulls a gun on you, even if you're armed, you're best off complying. By the time you go for your gun it's too late if he shoots first. You can always carry a small pocket knife for personal protection.If someone jumps you from behind around the neck, don't stab at their arm. Go high on the arm and slice down.I know it sounds gruesome, but it's what I was taught in the military.
    12-24-2014 05:53 PM
    I thought it was an absolute disgrace when the NY cops turned their backs on their mayor.
    In most places of employment, if you show disrespect to your boss, you lose your job.

What is preventing the mayor from firing these cops?
    12-24-2014 11:48 PM
    Shooting someone should be the final act to get them to submit. If that is your first act as a police officer then I'd say your training has failed you OR you approached the subject as if they were a rabid animal (the exception of course if they pose an immediate danger).

In my experience with officers, I've had a mixed bag. I've had officers that were professional and courteous to me and I had no problems complying with them 100%. I had a couple of incidents with officers where they've tried to yell at me or where they were less than courteous.

One incident happened when an officer pulled me over and started screaming at me because a couple of kids in the cars ahead of me were drag racing each other. He pulled me over because I had a performance exhaust on my car and it would scream even under normal acceleration (V8 with Magnaflo exhaust that I still miss to this day). For some reason he thought I was part of the group of kids that were ahead of me racing from stoplight to stoplight. He pulled me over, I had both hands on the steering wheel, ignition turned off, and window down. His screaming was so rabid that he actually drooled on my car with some slobbery spit. I calmly handed him my driver's license, although I looked at him with a disapproving glare. When he looked at my driver's license and saw that I was well into my late 30s (this happened about 5 or so years ago) his tone changed. Still to this day I don't know why he felt the need to scream and wish I had gotten his name to report him for his abusive tone.

As citizens you have a right to believe that our police force has handled itself in a professional manner, or you have a right to question their methods. I remember when the profession was much more noble than it is now. Whether it's the lower salaries, the applicant screenings, or the fact that the dangers on the job have grown exponentially, this isn't your father's police force. "To Protect and Serve" has given way to "To Intimidate and Subjugate". People used to want to become police officers because they wanted to serve their communities. Now it seems that people want to become police officers because of the instant power they're given and the feeling of dominion (I actually remember a guy that was applying to be a State Trooper telling me this) over other people.

I personally think that the profession has failed us of late. What's tragic has to be those officers that signed up because they sincerely do want to serve their community. Because the system has allowed so many rogue ill-tempered cops to join the force, those that are upstanding police officers will probably leave for more rewarding pursuits. Our police force is only going to get worse until we demand better.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    12-25-2014 12:21 AM
    In most places of employment, if you show disrespect to your boss, you lose your job.

He technically isn't their direct superior, and I'm sure there's a police association that would argue against them being released. I think the Mayor may be able to replace the Police Chief with someone that could clean up the department, but per my post above I think it is going to take a lot of resources to clean up our police force and bring it back in line with what it means to live in a free society and not in a police state.
    12-25-2014 12:43 AM

In two words: Police Unions. I'm sure there is a long drawn out process for getting rid of anyone too.

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    12-25-2014 11:47 AM
    This basically sums up my feelings of the reaction to the police officer shooting the guy near Ferguson after the guy pulled a gun on him:
    http://m.imgur.com/gallery/vCccrtO

I can see that there are many things that need addressing in this country with police training, incarceration rates, and the general treatment of minorities by authorities, but stories like this destroy all merit for this movement. Time and time again these people prove that they are not willing to find out the facts of situations before they fly off the handle and jump on the "F the Police" bandwagon. It is truly unfortunately that these people act so childishly. They have a chance to make some meaningful change, but instead they are destroying their own credibility bit by bit.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 08:21 AM
    This basically sums up my feelings of the reaction to the police officer shooting the guy near Ferguson after the guy pulled a gun on him:
    http://m.imgur.com/gallery/vCccrtO

I can see that there are many things that need addressing in this country with police training, incarceration rates, and the general treatment of minorities by authorities, but stories like this destroy all merit for this movement. Time and time again these people prove that they are not willing to find out the facts of situations before they fly off the handle and jump on the "F the Police" bandwagon. It is truly unfortunately that these people act so childishly. They have a chance to make some meaningful change, but instead they are destroying their own credibility bit by bit.

Sent from my XT1096
    "These People"?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-26-2014 08:54 AM
    "These People"?

Defined as anyone jumping on the anti police bad wagon any time a minority gets shot before the facts are known(and many times regardless of the facts as we have commonly seen).

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 08:57 AM
    It also doesn't help when Fox news does this:

Slimy Baltimore FOX Affiliate Caught Faking "Kill a Cop" Protest Chant

12-26-2014 10:28 AM
    Defined as anyone jumping on the anti police bad wagon any time a minority gets shot before the facts are known(and many times regardless of the facts as we have commonly seen).

Sent from my XT1096
    I don't know how many times this has to be repeated, Anti-Police runs in the black community and has for decades. It is nothing new. I didn't know any black person fond of the police really. No one likes the fact cops are being trigger happy on black people.

All we know is that person is dead, damn the facts at that point, someone friend, brother, father or cousin is dead in street because cops are killing and hurting first before making better decisions. It angers me that people are getting mad at the black community as if we are dolts. Facts natter little when someone you know or you identify with is dead point blank period.

Cops (and their friends) are valuing their lives above the citizens they serve and that is bad for everyone.

12-26-2014 12:33 PM

Fox News needs to go somewhere. I am tired of their BS at this point.

12-26-2014 12:33 PM
    I don't know how many times this has to be repeated, Anti-Police runs in the black community and has for decades. It is nothing new. I didn't know any black person fond of the police really. No one likes the fact cops are being trigger happy on black people.

All we know is that person is dead, damn the facts at that point, someone friend, brother, father or cousin is dead in street because cops are killing and hurting first before making better decisions. It angers me that people are getting mad at the black community as if we are dolts. Facts natter little when someone you know or you identify with is dead point blank period.

Cops (and their friends) are valuing their lives above the citizens they serve and that is bad for everyone.

That does not excuse stupidity and hurts their cause. Being irrational will solve nothing. The guy in the instance I am referring to pointed a 9mm pistol at a cop. He quite frankly deserved what he got. Yet these idiots rioted in front of the police station and acted like the criminal was an innocent child.

The people on the opposite side of this argument are going to have to police themselves and grow up if they want to make any significant changes. They are the reason their cause is not making the progress it should be.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 12:53 PM

Wow that's terrible... And expected unfortunately. It's in the same vain as the outlets post headlines similar to "another black man shot by police in Ferguson" with a woman crying and bury the fact the man pointed a loaded weapon at the cop far down in the article(if at all). Regardless, people see what they want to see.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 01:23 PM
    That does not excuse stupidity and hurts their cause. Being irrational will solve nothing. The guy in the instance I am referring to pointed a 9mm pistol at a cop. He quite frankly deserved what he got. Yet these idiots rioted in front of the police station and acted like the criminal was an innocent child.
    Oh, ok so we are going to ignore the 5 other instances this year of police shooting black men and letting this one slide? Tempers are high enough as is, another headline of a coo shooting another black guy isn't making the situation better. Telling people to calm down because of such and such, does not make people calm down.

The people on the opposite side of this argument are going to have to police themselves and grow up if they want to make any significant changes. They are the reason their cause is not making the progress it should be.

Sent from my XT1096
    Grow Up? That automatically speaks down to people like they are kids. This is real life. People are tired of black guys dying at the hands of cops, it isn't that hard to figure out. So black people are hurting their own cause? We have been saying for years cops ain't eight towards black people NOW all of a sudden it comes out and we get even more agitated, our cause is meaningless?

This is textbook racial bias. When a group of white people riot, fight police, and and burn cars over their sports team losing or something else that has far less meaning it is ok, the cause now is nothing but a real cause, something so real and true the black community can come together and get behind, our cause is belittled by everyone else.

Now people wonder why the black community can't together and do this and that, every time we speak up, we get silenced, or the last time we had leaders (Malcolm X and MLK Jr) they were assassinated. We can't win for losing in this damn country. This is one of the greatest examples of the black experience in America.

12-26-2014 01:38 PM
    Wow that's terrible... And expected unfortunately. It's in the same vain as the outlets post headlines similar to "another black man shot by police in Ferguson" with a woman crying and bury the fact the man pointed a loaded weapon at the cop far down in the article(if at all). Regardless, people see what they want to see.

Sent from my XT1096
    This is just heartless. Someone lost their family member or friend and you just brush it off as if their crying is meaningless. How do we know he would have shot the cop for real? Maybe he was scared? We don't know. His mother sure won't. We won't because of mass media news bias.

I understand he could have shot the cop, but would he have actually killed him? Did the cop try to defuse the situation or did he immediately see black man with a gun and shoot him?

12-26-2014 01:41 PM
    This is just heartless. Someone lost their family member or friend and you just brush it off as if their crying is meaningless. How do we know he would have shot the cop for real? Maybe he was scared? We don't know. His mother sure won't. We won't because of mass media news bias.

I understand he could have shot the cop, but would he have actually killed him? Did the cop try to defuse the situation or did he immediately see black man with a gun and shoot him?

It makes no difference whether he would have pulled the trigger or not. The man threatened a police officer's life. The cop had a split second to make a life or death decision.

If this man were white, the exact same thing would have happened. Why? Because when you point a weapon at a cop, they shoot back. They do not have time to play the guessing game of whether or not the criminal is just scared and sad on the inside. Thoughts like that will get you killed in their line of work. I do not know why black people get this magical pass and can point guns at police officers with no consequences. If I did the same thing, I can guarantee to you I would not live to tell about it, and it would not be on national news.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 01:54 PM
    It makes no difference whether he would have pulled the trigger or not. The man threatened a police officer's life. The cop had a split second to make a life or death decision.

If this man were white, the exact same thing would have happened. Why? Because when you point a weapon at a cop, they shoot back. They do not have time to play the guessing game of whether or not the criminal is just scared and sad on the inside. Thoughts like that will get you killed in their line of work. I do not know why black people get this magical pass and can point guns at police officers with no consequences. If I did the same thing, I can guarantee to you I would not live to tell about it, and it would not be on national news.

Sent from my XT1096
    Why tf didn't Bundy get shot when he had guns pointing at cops? White people do get a pass, a lot of times. When it comes to a black man and a white man, same situation. I bet money the white guy would still be alive. Police and justice aren't colorblind. And people who continually ignore this are part of the problem.

12-26-2014 01:59 PM
    Oh, ok so we are going to ignore the 5 other instances this year of police shooting black men and letting this one slide? Tempers are high enough as is, another headline of a coo shooting another black guy isn't making the situation better. Telling people to calm down because of such and such, does not make people calm down.

Grow Up? That automatically speaks down to people like they are kids. This is real life. People are tired of black guys dying at the hands of cops, it isn't that hard to figure out. So black people are hurting their own cause? We have been saying for years cops ain't eight towards black people NOW all of a sudden it comes out and we get even more agitated, our cause is meaningless?

This is textbook racial bias. When a group of white people riot, fight police, and and burn cars over their sports team losing or something else that has far less meaning it is ok, the cause now is nothing but a real cause, something so real and true the black community can come together and get behind, our cause is belittled by everyone else.

Now people wonder why the black community can't together and do this and that, every time we speak up, we get silenced, or the last time we had leaders (Malcolm X and MLK Jr) they were assassinated. We can't win for losing in this damn country. This is one of the greatest examples of the black experience in America.

When was the last time "white" people rioted and burned down cars and builds in this country out of curiosity?

And you are the one making this all about race. Not all the protesters are black and the issues being raised are not only centered around race.

An I will speak to people that act like children as if they are children. Throwing bricks at police stations is childish. Burning down buildings and cars of innocent people is beyond childish. It is borderline animalistic. If you cannot peacefully protest and rase valid points while recognizing all the facts both for and against your cause, you are a child.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 01:59 PM
    Why tf didn't Bundy get shot when he had guns pointing at cops? White people do get a pass, a lot of times. When it comes to a black man and a white man, same situation. I bet money the white guy would still be alive. Police and justice aren't colorblind. And people who continually ignore this are part of the problem.

I am surprised to this day they did not get shot. However those were different circumstances than pulling a gun out on a cop in the middle of a neighborhood that has recently been very violent towards cops for absolutely no reason.

If you point a weapon at me or my family, you will be met with a similar response. I am not going to wait on you to shoot me first.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 02:04 PM
    When was the last time "white" people rioted and burned down cars and builds in this country out of curiosity?
    http://m.mic.com/articles/105198/9-p...in-perspective

And you are the one making this all about race. Not all the protesters are black and the issues being raised are not only centered around race.
    The signs "I can't breathe" and "Black Lives Matter" apply to white people too?

An I will speak to people that act like children as if they are children. Throwing bricks at police stations is childish. Burning down buildings and cars of innocent people is beyond childish. It is borderline animalistic. If you cannot peacefully protest and rase valid points while recognizing all the facts both for and against your cause, you are a child.

Sent from my XT1096
    See link above. White people do the same exact thing over stuff that doesn't cost lives like thus issue is.

12-26-2014 02:06 PM
    I am surprised to this day they did not get shot. However those were different circumstances than pulling a gun out on a cop in the middle of a neighborhood that has recently been very violent towards cops for absolutely no reason.

If you point a weapon at me or my family, you will be met with a similar response. I am not going to wait on you to shoot me first.

Sent from my XT1096
    And that is what is the difference between me and you, I am not trigger happy ready to kill, going around like it is the Wild Wild West. This isn't about survival this is about being a decent human being. If we could better understand why crime is prevalent among low income, why a 18 year old had a gun, and why cops keep shooting people so quick, this problem would have been solved itself. But no, everyone jumps to:

"stop this stuff now because you are acting like animals, and while you are at fix your ghetto *** neighborhoods and make black men stay in kids lives"

Social Problems like that can't be ******* fixed overnight but we can at least work to get body cameras on cops, fix how cops handle shootings, and work towards solutions that are nonlethal that can defuse situations instead of shooting first.

Problems like that can be fixed quicker than those other social problems which black communities address all the time. This problem is the one big problem where we can all stand together and see there needs to be changes but all I am seeing on the web and TV is how our protests block traffic or how the protests aren't worth a damn or how black men are "thugs".

12-26-2014 02:14 PM
    And that is what is the difference between me and you, I am not trigger happy ready to kill, going around like it is the Wild Wild West. This isn't about survival this is about being a decent human being. If we could better understand why crime is prevalent among low income, why a 18 year old had a gun, and why cops keep shooting people so quick, this problem would have been solved itself. But no, everyone jumps to:

"stop this stuff now because you are acting like animals, and while you are at fix your ghetto *** neighborhoods and make black men stay in kids lives"

Social Problems like that can't be ******* fixed overnight but we can at least work to get body cameras on cops, fix how cops handle shootings, and work towards solutions that are nonlethal that can defuse situations instead of shooting first.

Problems like that can be fixed quicker than those other social problems which black communities address all the time. This problem is the one big problem where we can all stand together and see there needs to be changes but all I am seeing on the web and TV is how our protests block traffic or how the protests aren't worth a damn or how black men are "thugs".

If you act like an *****, I am going to say you are an *****. Regardless of what race you are. There is no excuse for violence.

I am prepared to do whatever it takes to protect those around me. I pray I never have to, but I had rather take up that responsibility that watch a loved one die helplessly.

I fully agree that police training should be reevaluated and tactics reconsidered,but I am not going to make a saint out of a criminal or burn down buildings because of it.

Sent from my XT1096
    12-26-2014 02:25 PM
    If you act like an *****, I am going to say you are an *****. Regardless of what race you are. There is no excuse for violence.

I am prepared to do whatever it takes to protect those around me. I pray I never have to, but I had rather take up that responsibility that watch a loved one die helplessly.

I fully agree that police training should be reevaluated and tactics reconsidered,but I am not going to make a saint out of a criminal or burn down buildings because of it.

Sent from my XT1096
    So what would you suggest? Because I am pretty sure we have a right to assembly and protest. No one has been hurt, just more black people hurt so no biggie right? So, what is the proper way to call to the attention of police killing citizens? Video proof of a cop killing someone didn't work, protests and riots aren't working, and going to court didn't work. So what else?

12-26-2014 02:36 PM
    So what would you suggest? Because I am pretty sure we have a right to assembly and protest. No one has been hurt, just more black people hurt so no biggie right? So, what is the proper way to call to the attention of police killing citizens? Video proof of a cop killing someone didn't work, protests and riots aren't working, and going to court didn't work. So what else?

Peaceful protests are fine and good. Petition local governments. Raise awareness though social media. Etc. Etc. Etc.

But most importantly, condemn and don't apologize for those that are acting poorly. Help the police clean up the crime in your communities. Teach all the children you are associated with to not point guns at officers and to have some minimum level of respect for them whether you trust them or not. This problem can only be fixed by both sides working together. Both screaming at each other and neither taking responsibility for itself is not going to solve anything.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    12-26-2014 02:57 PM
    Peaceful protests are fine and good. Petition local governments. Raise awareness though social media. Etc. Etc. Etc.

But most importantly, condemn and don't apologize for those that are acting poorly. Help the police clean up the crime in your communities. Teach all the children you are associated with to not point guns at officers and to have some minimum level of respect for them whether you trust them or not. This problem can only be fixed by both sides working together. Both screaming at each other and neither taking responsibility for itself is not going to solve anything.

Sent from my XT1096
    So we have to take responsibility for poor judgment on an officers side? We have only one guy who had a gun and he's dead. Until cops take responsibility for what they have done and are doing it will continue to be the way it is. And there was BIG social media campaigns, and a lot of peaceful protests.

12-26-2014 03:15 PM
262 ... 34567 ...