01-27-2015 06:51 PM
262 123 ...
tools
    So, today's lovely story in my home state:

Gunman executes 2 NYPD cops as ‘revenge’ for Garner | New York Post

Yeah....things are gonna get worse.
    12-20-2014 09:21 PM
    It is speculation it was revenge. It isn't confirmed what his motives were. He is said to also have killed his girlfriend thus morning, and shot himself, so I doubt it was anything less than a mental break, and not a motive for some political cause.
    12-20-2014 09:27 PM
    Fair enough, I'm just saying that tensions are high as is, and if you have people actively hunting police, for any reason, it just makes the situation worse. And this is coming from someone in NY, so, I'd rather not be sitting in front of the ACME dynamite box with the fuse burning.
    12-20-2014 09:48 PM
    It may have been a revenge killing, but that doesn't make it a trend.

And for all the talk that you hear about black people fanning the flames, the whites and specifically police that do the same get uncovered by the media. But I heard one yesterday. Oh man he was awful. Saying things like "I guess All Sharpton got what he wanted".

Yeah. Right. I am sure Sharpton wanted cops killed. What a horrible race baiter that guy was. CNN should vet their talking head "experts" better.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri and A895 like this.
    12-21-2014 04:56 AM
    It may have been a revenge killing, but that doesn't make it a trend.

And for all the talk that you hear about black people fanning the flames, the whites and specifically police that do the same get uncovered by the media. But I heard one yesterday. Oh man he was awful. Saying things like "I guess All Sharpton got what he wanted".

Yeah. Right. I am sure Sharpton wanted cops killed. What a horrible race baiter that guy was. CNN should vet their talking head "experts" better.

I am pro-police; the vast majority of police are good people, but I am also pro-community. There's a disconnect between the police and a part of the community that needs to be mended. There's obviously a problem. There's a lot of YouTube videos that show the problem. I keep hearing reps from the police unions defending all the shooting, instead of listening and making adjustments. Let's expand black lives matter to all lives matter.

Many years ago, after the 1968 DNC in Chicago, where the Chicago police went wild with antiwar protesters, even newsmen Mike Wallace and Dan Rather were both roughed up by the Chicago police, a bumper sticker appeared that said, "If you don't like the police, next time call a hippie".

I heard that retired NYPD police officer that you mentioned on CNN immediately blaming Al Sharpton. I watch and read a lot of different news sources from around the world and I have no idea what Al Sharpton's involvement is. All I know is he's on MSNBC and I don't watch MSNBC very often. None of the other news sources I've read or watched mention Al Sharpton. I did hear former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes, say a few things on CNN that made me wonder.
    12-21-2014 06:44 AM
    The NYC police turned their backs on NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio. Now the NYC Police Union saying the Mayor has blood on his hands for supporting the protest isn't helping the situation.
    12-21-2014 07:14 AM
    Fair enough, I'm just saying that tensions are high as is, and if you have people actively hunting police, for any reason, it just makes the situation worse. And this is coming from someone in NY, so, I'd rather not be sitting in front of the ACME dynamite box with the fuse burning.
    This was isolated, no need to worry.
    12-21-2014 09:36 AM
    But the police reaction to it isn't isolated. Police seem to be blaming the mayor for this which is ridiculous.

Police need to take some ownership for what has happened the last six months (and longer). There is a bro code out there where they all stick together instead of getting rid of the bad people that cause problems for them. That's insane.

There is a siege mentality with police that needs to be addressed and solved. I saw it firsthand in California when we had a crazy guy running around shooting cops and anyone else who got in his way. When they didn't know where he was, they were shooting into similar looking cars first and asking questions later. Almost killed two ladies going to work. Completely unacceptable.

Then they gathered the wagons around their L.A. headquarters and made it like fort Knox leaving the rest of us on our own. Nice. They are real good at protecting their own facilities. Saw that in Ferguson too. Meanwhile they let everything else burn.

12-21-2014 03:05 PM
    The guy just killed his G/F so I think it was just a case of someone that knew he was doomed and wanted a parting shot at the cops.
    A895 likes this.
    12-21-2014 03:25 PM
    But the police reaction to it isn't isolated. Police seem to be blaming the mayor for this which is ridiculous.

Police need to take some ownership for what has happened the last six months (and longer). There is a bro code out there where they all stick together instead of getting rid of the bad people that cause problems for them. That's insane.

There is a siege mentality with police that needs to be addressed and solved. I saw it firsthand in California when we had a crazy guy running around shooting cops and anyone else who got in his way. When they didn't know where he was, they were shooting into similar looking cars first and asking questions later. Almost killed two ladies going to work. Completely unacceptable.

Then they gathered the wagons around their L.A. headquarters and made it like fort Knox leaving the rest of us on our own. Nice. They are real good at protecting their own facilities. Saw that in Ferguson too. Meanwhile they let everything else burn.

Yeah cops bro code is insane. It impedes investigations and has a part to play in some of the recent cop shootings.
    12-21-2014 05:30 PM
    But the police reaction to it isn't isolated. Police seem to be blaming the mayor for this which is ridiculous...
    I've heard a few times that the Mayor and Protesters are being blamed.

Then Rudy Giuliana even put some of the blame on Obama: Rudy Giuliani Accuses Obama, Black Leaders Of Stoking 'Anti-Police Hatred'
    12-21-2014 05:59 PM
    I've heard a few times that the Mayor and Protesters are being blamed.

Then Rudy Giuliana even put some of the blame on Obama: Rudy Giuliani Accuses Obama, Black Leaders Of Stoking 'Anti-Police Hatred'
    Anti police hatred has been around in black communities for decades, it has only recently been brought to light by the media. Black men and women are taught growing up not to trust the police. I was told by my Aunt recently in light of recent cop shooting black men, to mind myself in the presence of police so not to give them a reason to hurt me or otherwise shoot me.
    palandri likes this.
    12-21-2014 06:43 PM
    Let's expand black lives matter to all lives matter.
    There was a college professor that did that in a campus email supporting the protesters (which is its own debate in if that was ethical), and she received massive backlash.
    12-21-2014 08:01 PM
    Anti police hatred has been around in black communities for decades, it has only recently been brought to light by the media. Black men and women are taught growing up not to trust the police. I was told by my Aunt recently in light of recent cop shooting black men, to mind myself in the presence of police so not to give them a reason to hurt me or otherwise shoot me.
    Yeah well, based on their actions lately, a lot of us white folks are starting to not think too kindly of them either.

They simply MUST get rid of the bad cops amongst themselves. And lose the arrogant attitude that makes them think of themselves better than others. Better management is needed in these police departments too. Ones that prevent problems from happening in the first place rather then ones that just react to the problems they create.

palandri and A895 like this.
    12-22-2014 01:16 AM
    It is speculation it was revenge. It isn't confirmed what his motives were. He is said to also have killed his girlfriend thus morning, and shot himself, so I doubt it was anything less than a mental break, and not a motive for some political cause.
    “I’m putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let’s take 2 of theirs. #ShootThePolice #RIPErivGarner #RIPMike Brown"

"This May Be My Final Post…I’m Putting Pigs In A Blanket."
    12-22-2014 11:35 AM
    “I’m putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let’s take 2 of theirs. #ShootThePolice #RIPErivGarner #RIPMike Brown"

"This May Be My Final Post…I’m Putting Pigs In A Blanket."
    Was that public information at the time I posted that? I don't remember seeing that.
    12-22-2014 12:37 PM
    Was that public information at the time I posted that? I don't remember seeing that.
    It was posted on his instagram feed. Not sure when you posted exactly as my time stamp on this forum is off. But yes, it was acknowledged once the guy was identified.
    12-22-2014 12:43 PM
    Is it?

So, the police are being hunted now....sigh....-threat2-550x550.jpg
    12-22-2014 12:47 PM
    "Today I had to say bye to my father. He was their [sic] for me everyday of my life," the post read. "He was the best father I could ask for. It's horrible that someone gets shot dead just for being a police officer. Everyone says they hate cops but they are the people that they call for help. I will always love you and I will never forget you. RIP Dad.
    Officer Ramos' 13yr old son.

Kuddos to the NY Yankees and the Yankee Silver Shield Foundation that Steinbrenner set up in 1982, those kids' education will be paid for.
    12-22-2014 01:06 PM
    Whether it was on Instagram or in his private diary doesn't matter. A revenge killing is just that if that's what his own writings are saying.
    12-22-2014 02:53 PM
    Whether it was on Instagram or in his private diary doesn't matter. A revenge killing is just that if that's what his own writings are saying.

Did they ever say why that nut out in Pennsylvania was shooting at the police?
    12-22-2014 03:22 PM
    It was posted on his instagram feed. Not sure when you posted exactly as my time stamp on this forum is off. But yes, it was acknowledged once the guy was identified.
    Maybe I missed it then.
    12-22-2014 05:40 PM
    Is it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	threat2-550x550.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	156359
    It is. Believe me there isn't a cop killing spread that is going to happen.
    12-22-2014 05:40 PM
    I didn't see that information at the time of my post. That was my point.
    12-22-2014 05:41 PM
    I didn't see that information at the time of my post. That was my point.
    Ah ok
    12-22-2014 05:55 PM
262 123 ...