10-14-2015 08:37 PM
46 12
tools
    Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana Acknowledges Addressing Racist Group in 2002

WASHINGTON — Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the No. 3 Republican in the House, addressed a group of white supremacists and neo-Nazis in 2002, a Scalise spokeswoman confirmed Monday as his party prepared to take control of both chambers of Congress....
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/30/us...2002.html?_r=1

This was a real stupid thing to do.
    12-30-2014 01:24 AM
    A racist GOP politician? OMG what is this world coming to? /sarcasm

I remember hearing a lecture by some guy that claimed to be a Neo-Nazi. He claimed that their mission was to have someone in every corner of every office, and institution that could help push an agenda of hate and discrimination. What I've found with people that subscribe to this line of thinking is that they are insecure and hope to gain something by trying to belong to something that they think is bigger than them. The problem with their thinking is that when you become that narrow minded, you do yourself and humanity a disservice. We're only on this earth for a small amount of time. To spend that time pushing an agenda of hate is to live a life of evil.
    palandri and A895 like this.
    12-30-2014 08:14 PM
    David Duke Threatens To Expose Other Politicians With White Supremacist Ties

I personally think that the politicians distancing themselves from Scalise need to continue to do so. Let David Duke shine a light on these politicians and let them defend themselves. Lets see which politicians have been pushing hate agenda (I can guess which party has a worse track record) and which ones have actually been working for what's best for the most people regardless of their race.

This is 100% what's wrong with our country. People get elected promising to do what's right for this country. What's right for this country is what's right for the majority of people, regardless their race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, not what's right for people based on how much they contributed to a candidate's campaign, nor an agenda that's based on the color of one's skin. It's time we removed these weeds of democracy.
    01-02-2015 06:05 PM
    David Duke Threatens To Expose Other Politicians With White Supremacist Ties

...Let David Duke shine a light on these politicians and let them defend themselves...
    I hope he does.
    01-02-2015 11:04 PM
    I hope he does.
    Me too, but not just because I think it'll remind voters that the GOP is bigoted, but because we don't need politicians that are about special interests. Trying to push policy that would only benefit or hurt people discriminately based on something like skin color is just like trying to push policy for special interest groups but only more dastardly. If politicians did what was right for the MAJORITY without harming the MINORITY (not just in race, but in ideals as well), then we'd have a much better country with a healthier middle class. The American way of life has been picked to death by the vultures of special interests.
    01-03-2015 02:14 AM
    Funny..This has not been discussed or an issue in ten years. Wasn't an issue until the far left lost some elections...
    01-05-2015 01:59 PM
    Funny..This has not been discussed or an issue in ten years. Wasn't an issue until the far left lost some elections...
    Funny how it still doesn't seem to be an issue for Republican leadership. Or you apparently for that matter.

Now that it has come to light, it should be an issue for everyone. It's an issue for at least one Fox News anchor even. Greta is not happy!

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    01-05-2015 05:35 PM
    Funny how it still doesn't seem to be an issue for Republican leadership. Or you apparently for that matter.

Now that it has come to light, it should be an issue for everyone. It's an issue for at least one Fox News anchor even. Greta is not happy!

I don't condone it for your information, and when did I state I did? (Don't put words in my mouth. This issue has been known for over 10 years. It's nothing but left wing pot boiling because they lost big time in the elections.
    01-06-2015 07:54 AM
    I don't condone it for your information, and when did I state I did? (Don't put words in my mouth. This issue has been known for over 10 years. It's nothing but left wing pot boiling because they lost big time in the elections.
    It's not hard to read between the lines.

And the only election this has anything to do with, is the one Eric Cantor lost, leaving a spot to fill thus casting the spotlight onto someone else. Maybe Republican leadership should vet people better.

01-06-2015 01:42 PM
    That's because it's an utter non-issue. Scalise asserts he didn't know about David Duke's association with the organization. David Duke says Scalise didn't know. And even "liberal" Democratic colleagues of Scalise assert he hasn't a racist or bigoted bone in his body.

Truly nothing to see, here.
    01-06-2015 01:53 PM
    That's because it's an utter non-issue. Scalise asserts he didn't know about David Duke's association with the organization. David Duke says Scalise didn't know. And even "liberal" Democratic colleagues of Scalise assert he hasn't a racist or bigoted bone in his body.

It's not a non-issue at all. There's a number of REPUBLICANS who even think it's a problem. And question how he could not know.

01-06-2015 06:29 PM
    Wow. I guess the bleeding heart DEMOCRATS(see, i can use capitals too) won't let this one go. Why don't you jump on one of those ships on "Whale Wars", with the other eco-terrorists, and leave these forums. My God, enough is enough already. You guys LOST the elections, so deal with it.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    01-06-2015 06:45 PM
    I just wanted to point out how you contradicted yourself....So we're dismissing it because it's left wing pot boiling? Gotcha.
    01-06-2015 07:49 PM

Kind of odd how David Duke and Scalise claim neither party knew each other, but David Duke is ready to out other politicians (based on the article I posted), but sure neither knew each other....
    01-06-2015 07:51 PM
    Wow. I guess the bleeding heart DEMOCRATS(see, i can use capitals too) won't let this one go. Why don't you jump on one of those ships on "Whale Wars", with the other eco-terrorists, and leave these forums. My God, enough is enough already. You guys LOST the elections, so deal with it.
    Sure, because the right wing did the same after 2012 right?
    01-06-2015 07:53 PM
    I don't condone what he did if he did speak there. But all his colleagues, some democrats, state he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. The left is up in arms, I have two words: Robert Byrd. Yes that's right, the democratic party stuck a former Klansman 3rd in the line of succession without a blink of an eye.

Does anyone on the left get in an uproar when the congressional black caucus meets with Farrakhan? I mean the man is the equivalent of the grand wizard.
    grunt0300 and Scott7217 like this.
    01-07-2015 12:35 PM
    This was a real stupid thing to do.
    Thankfully, some people can forgive.

Take Mia Love, the first African-American Republican woman elected to Congress. This is what she had to say about Steve Scalise:

The Huffington Post -- Mia Love: 'We Need To Move On' From Steve Scalise Controversy (article link)

Excerpt:

"I believe he should remain in leadership," Love said. "There's one quality that he has that I think is very important in leadership and that's humility, and he's actually shown that in this case and has apologized and I think we need to move on and get the work of the American people done."
    01-07-2015 12:38 PM
    Thankfully, some people can forgive.

Take Mia Love, the first African-American Republican woman elected to Congress. This is what she had to say about Steve Scalise:

The Huffington Post -- Mia Love: 'We Need To Move On' From Steve Scalise Controversy (article link)

Excerpt:

"I believe he should remain in leadership," Love said. "There's one quality that he has that I think is very important in leadership and that's humility, and he's actually shown that in this case and has apologized and I think we need to move on and get the work of the American people done."
    Translation: Please move on to something else because this makes our party look bad.

Funny how the right wing wants the left wing to move on from things like this incident, the Michael Grimm situation, the Bob McDonnell situation, all the while obsessing over Benghazi and IRS investigations.

A little hypocritical don't you think?

01-07-2015 02:36 PM
    1) Because I'm not an eco-terrorist
    2) I don't like being on boats
    3) I believe in free speech so won't be going anywhere to make you happy

As for losing the elections, not really a big deal nor unexpected. In fact I predicted it long before the election even happened. But that's neither here nor there and is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I guess some people think the left wing only points things out when they lose elections and can't understand that sometimes things just need to be pointed out period.

But some people think everything is a contest I guess. It's not though.

01-07-2015 02:46 PM
    Translation: Please move on to something else because this makes our party look bad.
    This is why it's important to find allies from both political parties.

"I don't think Steve Scalise has a racist bone in his body. Steve and I have worked on issues that benefit poor people, black people, white people, Jewish people. I know his character."

- US Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-New Orleans)
    01-07-2015 03:04 PM

"I don't think Steve Scalise has a racist bone in his body. Steve and I have worked on issues that benefit poor people, black people, white people, Jewish people. I know his character."

Love your city.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    01-07-2015 05:00 PM

And yet there are fellow Republicans like Erik Erickson from redstatered who say how could he have not known? And Greta from Fox who thinks unfairly or not, that he should step down because he is making the party look bad.

Their words, not mine.

01-07-2015 07:48 PM
    And yet there are fellow Republicans like Erik Erickson from redstatered who say how could he have not known? And Greta from Fox who thinks unfairly or not, that he should step down because he is making the party look bad.

Their words, not mine.

Nice side-stepping. On a personal note...Greta believes in Scientology, so i wouldn't believe anything that she says.
    01-07-2015 08:15 PM
    The left is up in arms, I have two words: Robert Byrd. Yes that's right, the democratic party stuck a former Klansman 3rd in the line of succession without a blink of an eye.
    Thank you for that information. From what I've read, the late Democrat Robert Byrd has a very interesting past.

He recruited 150 people to start a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in West Virginia. Byrd became a ranking officer (the "Exalted Cyclops") within the KKK.

He filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Citizens Against Government Waste called Byrd the "King of Pork" for his ability to steer federal funds to his state.

If Byrd were a Republican, we would never hear the end of it, but I guess everything is okay because he was a Democrat. Go figure.
    01-08-2015 02:51 PM
    Nice side-stepping. On a personal note...Greta believes in Scientology, so i wouldn't believe anything that she says.
    Side stepping? How so.

And wow...because somebody believes in one thing it makes all their other points invalid? That's pretty myopic.

01-08-2015 06:52 PM
46 12