12-30-2014 12:52 PM
    I think I'm ashamed to have retired to North Carolina. Maybe I should have gone to some civilized place, like the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where all they do is enslave children.
    12-30-2014 01:04 PM
    There use to be a turkey farm a few miles from me in Illinois. Besides stinking for miles around, they had so many turkeys so tightly packed, I have no idea how they moved around.
    12-30-2014 02:08 PM
    And here's where the tea party types will come in and scream that government needs to loosen regulations. The boneheads don't realize that all they're doing is the work of the greedy corporate types. Instead of legislation being put in place that will allow local residents to enjoy clean water, clean air, and clean living, the government will overlook all these violations (GOP "government spending cuts" also means overworked regulators are more susceptible to bribes, btw) and allow special interests to make ill-gotten gains while neighboring citizens' health and well being are cast aside. I would like to see this farm shut down and EVERYONE associated with that farm put in prison for crimes against the environment and their neighbors. For the life of me, I'll never understand why those tea party dopes feel something like this is acceptable.

Oh, and I'm going to do my best to avoid bacon and pork products as much as possible.

Here's a link of some of the products this abomination of a farm serves. Our Brands - Smithfield Foods
    codeda and palandri like this.
    12-30-2014 07:26 PM
    And here's where the tea party types will come in and scream that government needs to loosen regulations. The boneheads don't realize that all they're doing is the work of the greedy corporate types. Instead of legislation being put in place that will allow local residents to enjoy clean water, clean air, and clean living, the government will overlook all these violations (GOP "government spending cuts" also means overworked regulators are more susceptible to bribes, btw) and allow special interests to make ill-gotten gains while neighboring citizens' health and well being are cast aside. I would like to see this farm shut down and EVERYONE associated with that farm put in prison for crimes against the environment and their neighbors. For the life of me, I'll never understand why those tea party dopes feel something like this is acceptable.

Oh, and I'm going to do my best to avoid bacon and pork products as much as possible.

Here's a link of some of the products this abomination of a farm serves. Our Brands - Smithfield Foods
    Where in this drivel does it mention the "Tea Party" or, state the "Tea Party" thinks this is acceptable.
    01-05-2015 01:25 PM
    Where in this drivel does it mention the "Tea Party" or, state the "Tea Party" thinks this is acceptable.
    It doesn't, but in general the right wing wants less regulation on things. Want to know what less regulation looks like? Ask West Virginians about their water.

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    01-05-2015 05:41 PM
    What do you think less regulation means? That's a staple of the Tea Bagger mantra.....
    01-05-2015 07:02 PM
    It's no secret that factory farms operate like this. You know what they say about seeing how sausage is made. Food production can be a messy business.

The operations in the video are normal, but I do agree in drawing the line if homes are actually being sprayed or hit with over spray. That stuff is harmful to humans, but plants love it. It's just liquid fertilizer.

As for the "filmmaker," that does cross the line too. Activism doesn't give you permission to violate privacy rights and that drone was trespassing. Because those things are so easy to fly and getting more affordable, more and more people are flying them in places they shouldn't. I hear stories often of someone doing this and causing problems. It's to the point that it's got the FAA's attention and I think they are looking into regulations on drones.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    01-05-2015 07:46 PM
    What do you think less regulation means? That's a staple of the Tea Bagger mantra.....
    You are so missed informed..
    01-06-2015 07:49 AM
    It doesn't, but in general the right wing wants less regulation on things. Want to know what less regulation looks like? Ask West Virginians about their water.

Posted via Android Central App
    *sigh*
    01-06-2015 07:50 AM
    You are so missed informed..
    Then please, by all means, "inform" us. And I believe you meant to spell "misinformed". Please cite for me where the tea party is all for more regulation. If that were the case, then the tea party darlings at the GOP convention wouldn't have been pushing for getting rid of regulatory agencies. Rick Perry and ummm.... I forget the other 2.... seemed to have tried to get the tea party vote by getting rid of such agencies.
    01-06-2015 07:19 PM
    Then please, by all means, "inform" us. And I believe you meant to spell "misinformed". Please cite for me where the tea party is all for more regulation. If that were the case, then the tea party darlings at the GOP convention wouldn't have been pushing for getting rid of regulatory agencies. Rick Perry and ummm.... I forget the other 2.... seemed to have tried to get the tea party vote by getting rid of such agencies.
    It's called smaller Government. Besides, Government does not enforce the regulations on the books now. Immigration comes to mind..
    Scott7217 and anthony2558 like this.
    01-07-2015 06:33 AM

This may be your best way to shut down the company.

If no one buys their pork products, Smithfield Foods will go out of business pretty quickly. People can simply buy pork from another place.
    01-07-2015 12:29 PM
    It's called smaller Government. Besides, Government does not enforce the regulations on the books now. Immigration comes to mind..
    Let me guess, you think Obama is the worst president ever, Climate Change is a hoax, Sarah Palin is smarter than people give her credit for, Fox News is fair and balanced, and Ronald Reagan is the best president ever. Any other Faux News talking points that I'm missing?
    palandri and A895 like this.
    01-07-2015 06:39 PM
    Let me guess, you think Obama is the worst president ever, Climate Change is a hoax, Sarah Palin is smarter than people give her credit for, Fox News is fair and balanced, and Ronald Reagan is the best president ever. Any other Faux News talking points that I'm missing?
    Sarah Palin, chuckles "smarter than people think?" chuckles.. Missing a few yes, you are.

I realized that conservatism was the philosophy that best suited me, with its emphasis on individual liberty, personal responsibility, and merit. Conservatism is the antidote to tyranny. It's the only one. It's based on thousands of years of human experience. There is nothing narrow about the conservative philosophy. It's a liberating philosophy. It is a magnificent philosophy. It is a philosophy for the ages, for all times

(I'm sure you disagree.)

I'm a registered Conservative. Bring back the Reagan years.
    01-08-2015 06:14 AM
    I would like to see this farm shut down and EVERYONE associated with that farm put in prison for crimes against the environment and their neighbors.
    You can contact the Environmental Protection Agency here:

Environmental Protection Agency
    Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
    2201A
    1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, DC 20460

I'm sure they'll be able to help you.
    01-08-2015 02:22 PM
    Sarah Palin, chuckles "smarter than people think?" chuckles.. Missing a few yes, you are.

I realized that conservatism was the philosophy that best suited me, with its emphasis on individual liberty, personal responsibility, and merit. Conservatism is the antidote to tyranny. It's the only one. It's based on thousands of years of human experience. There is nothing narrow about the conservative philosophy. It's a liberating philosophy. It is a magnificent philosophy. It is a philosophy for the ages, for all times

(I'm sure you disagree.)

I'm a registered Conservative. Bring back the Reagan years.
    I've already touched on this in the past, if you like Reagan so much, then you should LOVE Obama as Reagan was to the left of Obama on a LOT of issues.

You can contact the Environmental Protection Agency here:

Environmental Protection Agency
    Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
    2201A
    1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, DC 20460

I'm sure they'll be able to help you.
    I actually contacted the EPA once in my area to report a foul smell, (there is a concrete manufacturing company nearby that does a lot of dumping into the local river) and their solution was to email me a form for ME to document the smells in the area for a period of 4 weeks. Why this woman insisted I do her work for her was beyond me. I can see why the right wing thinks government is inefficient.
    A895 likes this.
    01-08-2015 11:08 PM
    I've already touched on this in the past, if you like Reagan so much, then you should LOVE Obama as Reagan was to the left of Obama on a LOT of issues.

I actually contacted the EPA once in my area to report a foul smell, (there is a concrete manufacturing company nearby that does a lot of dumping into the local river) and their solution was to email me a form for ME to document the smells in the area for a period of 4 weeks. Why this woman insisted I do her work for her was beyond me. I can see why the right wing thinks government is inefficient.
    Indeed, the government can be inefficient. At least the right wing and you can agree on that.

Did you continue to ask the EPA to investigate the foul smell, or did you drop the issue?
    01-14-2015 02:24 PM
    Indeed, the government can be inefficient. At least the right wing and you can agree on that.

Did you continue to ask the EPA to investigate the foul smell, or did you drop the issue?
    I dropped it, even though it is still prevalent in the area. That's probably one thing I agree with them, but I have also seen how a greedy for-profit entity can cut corners in an attempt to save a buck even if it means harm to their neighbors.
    01-14-2015 07:15 PM
    I dropped it, even though it is still prevalent in the area. That's probably one thing I agree with them, but I have also seen how a greedy for-profit entity can cut corners in an attempt to save a buck even if it means harm to their neighbors.
    You dropped it.. why contact the EPA if your not gonna put your foot down and stand your ground! That's how they get over on so many people!
    01-14-2015 08:04 PM
    You should really talk to the EPA again about that foul smell. Hopefully it's nothing toxic, but you'll never know unless someone investigates.
    01-14-2015 11:05 PM
    You dropped it.. why contact the EPA if your not gonna put your foot down and stand your ground! That's how they get over on so many people!
    Yes, I dropped it because there was no way I was going to do that government worker's job for her. I guess I could've contacted my local news and showed them where when I complained about foul air, they sent me a spreadsheet. I guess I could've plaid ball with them and just filled out every day with "Foul smell of sulfur" for every day of the week. I guess if the EPA wants to hire me at my current rates, I could do nothing but monitor the air in my neighborhood. Granted, the GOP probably cut funds and can't afford to bring me on full time.

You should really talk to the EPA again about that foul smell. Hopefully it's nothing toxic, but you'll never know unless someone investigates.
    It smells of sulfur. It is probably coming from the local river. A few miles south, there was a pig butchering facility that was shut down for dumping blood into that river.
    01-15-2015 06:00 PM
    01-15-2015 06:17 PM
    lol, it's not an indoor smell, it's actually outside. Thanks for inferring that my home smells of farts..... For the record it only smells like that after I've taken copious amounts of protein drink. Maybe I should bottle my post-protein emissions and send em to that lazy EPA woman's office for her personal consumption.....haha
    palandri likes this.
    01-15-2015 07:06 PM
    Maybe I should bottle my post-protein emissions and send em to that lazy EPA woman's office for her personal consumption.....haha
    That's up to you to decide, but in any case, I'm sure that EPA employee appreciates the tax money you pay that goes to her salary and generous government benefits. For all the hard work that she does, I'm sure she deserves it.
    01-20-2015 03:55 PM