06-07-2015 03:48 AM
167 12345 ...
tools
    C'mon now, you know better than to post something in black and white for certain people (especially the young and naive that can't think on their own). It's not "shiny" enough for them to take notice....
    palandri likes this.
    01-12-2015 06:07 PM
    I think Maher nailed it. It's time people stop being so PC about the Muslim community and call if for what it is. The extremists act, but there are plenty in the Muslim world that agree with what they do, they just don't commit the acts of violence themselves. They make up a pretty broad percentage of Muslims. As Maher said, "it's the only religion right now running around like the Mafia who will kill you if you say the wrong thing". But then you have people like Howard Dean who refuses to call them what they are.
    He's partially right, but it's not just Muslims, it's ALL religions. The only difference is other religions stopped behaving so barbaric.
    palandri and JnEricsonx like this.
    01-12-2015 06:09 PM
    Obama didn't rain down drones on terrorists, he has sent a few, not many. He didn't kill Bin-Laden, the Navy Seals did. He let our Ambassador to Libya get killed, then lied about what caused the event. He is not a strong President, he is a reluctant President. He doesn't do things because they are right, he does them only if they are....here come those words again....politically correct. IMHO, he hates America, he hates white people(that one i can't understand, because his mother was white), and he hates the American form of democracy. Given the chance, he would tear down this country. Under his watch, our prestige has hit rock bottom, and this latest incident, the snubbing of France, has made things even worse. I believe that one word will stop Hillary from becoming President, Benghazi. In reality, it was Obama who rejected the placement of extra security guards, when our ambassador left Tripoli for Benghazi. Killing an American Ambassador to any country has always been an act of war, but not since Obama took over. Look, the next President will be a Republican, i think you know that, but there are some real idiots on that side too. I only hope that he, or she is strong on foreign policy, and not a closet Muslim, like the present occupier of the White House.
    Well you just undid all the good things you said earlier with that bunch of nonsense.

A few drones? Uh..no. You must be thinking of the previous President.

Didn't kill Bin Laden. This is the single right wing talking point that amuses me the most whenever I hear it. If a republican had issued the order, he would be lauded as some patriotic hero. Obama does the same and it's like you expect him to be pulling the trigger himself Rambo style in order to get credit for it. Thank you for proving my point about the double standard treatment.

I guess next time some right winger wants to praise St. Reagan for making the Berlin wall come down, I will push back and use the same standard then. He didn't do a thing as he didn't have a hammer in his hand chipping away at the wall himself. Right?

Now for the real crazy stuff...

He hates America? Based on what? Helping Americans? Where do right wingers come up with this bat guano crazy stuff?

Hates whites? Hmmm...again based on what? I'm white and I don't feel hated.

In reality it was Obama who rejected additional security? Yet again, based on what? Where is your proof?

And no. I don't think the next POTUS will be Republican. Electoral map does not support that. Too many high population blue states now. Making it a VERY tough road for republicans to win now (which is why they have lost their collective minds). You'd have to flip some blue states red, and I just don't see that happening. Neither does this Republican:

http://www.redstate.com/diary/6755mm...or-ever-again/

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri likes this.
    01-12-2015 06:10 PM
    Well you just undid all the good things you said earlier with that bunch of nonsense.

A few drones? Uh..no. You must be thinking of the previous President.

Didn't kill Bin Laden. This is the single right wing talking point that amuses me the most whenever I hear it. If a republican had issued the order, he would be lauded as some patriotic hero. Obama does the same and it's like you expect him to be pulling the trigger himself Rambo style in order to get credit for it. Thank you for proving my point about the double standard treatment.

I guess next time some right winger wants to praise St. Reagan for making the Berlin wall come down, I will push back and use the same standard then. He didn't do a thing as he didn't have a hammer in his hand chipping away at the wall himself. Right?

Now for the real crazy stuff...

He hates America? Based on what? Helping Americans? Where do right wingers come up with this bat guano crazy stuff?

Hates whites? Hmmm...again based on what? I'm white and I don't feel hated.

In reality it was Obama who rejected additional security? Yet again, based on what? Where is your proof?

And no. I don't think the next POTUS will be Republican. Electoral map does not support that. Too many high population blue states now. Making it a VERY tough road for republicans to win now (which is why they have lost their collective minds). You'd have to flip some blue states red, and I just don't see that happening. Neither does this Republican:

Can Any Republican Win 270 Electoral Votes in 2016 (Or Ever Again)? | RedState

Posted via Android Central App
    I'd say you're wasting your breath on him. I think the funniest part is him insisting he hates white people. Yes, because someone that "hates" the majority of the population of this country has no way in chance of winning the Presidency of the United States. I could understand if he'd said, "He hates one armed Filipinos that wear Hugo Boss", but "he hates white people"? That only proves that he's a right wing toolbag that can't think past what Rush Limbaugh tells him to think.
    01-12-2015 06:38 PM
    Obama didn't rain down drones on terrorists, he has sent a few, not many. He didn't kill Bin-Laden, the Navy Seals did. He let our Ambassador to Libya get killed, then lied about what caused the event. He is not a strong President, he is a reluctant President. He doesn't do things because they are right, he does them only if they are....here come those words again....politically correct. IMHO, he hates America, he hates white people(that one i can't understand, because his mother was white), and he hates the American form of democracy. Given the chance, he would tear down this country. Under his watch, our prestige has hit rock bottom, and this latest incident, the snubbing of France, has made things even worse. I believe that one word will stop Hillary from becoming President, Benghazi. In reality, it was Obama who rejected the placement of extra security guards, when our ambassador left Tripoli for Benghazi. Killing an American Ambassador to any country has always been an act of war, but not since Obama took over. Look, the next President will be a Republican, i think you know that, but there are some real idiots on that side too. I only hope that he, or she is strong on foreign policy, and not a closet Muslim, like the present occupier of the White House.
    01-12-2015 06:50 PM
    Humans, for all their intelligence, they are undoubtedly the most retarded creature on the planet.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-12-2015 07:22 PM
    It definitely does take courage, but it is necessary to make progress. Lack of direct condemnation from the Muslim community is being interpreted as though they condone the violence... Or at least tolerate it. And I am not sure whether or not the average middle eastern Muslim cares that people are being killed in the name or their religion. Muslims I have been acquainted with over the years definitely have cared, but they have all lived in the US for extended periods of time and directly seen the effects it has. Complacency is not their friend in this situation.

Sent from my XT1096
    I've worked with two directly, one from Jordan and the other from Morocco. Both of those countries have Kings. One day when we were talking politics, one guy told me if you criticize the King, poof, you disappear - poof - never to be seen again, and he was dead serious. I am starting to think maybe it's a cultural thing. If they get, if you criticize - poof, you disappear, pounded into their head from birth, maybe they have a fear of criticizing anyone. Just a thought.
    GadgetGator and NoYankees44 like this.
    01-12-2015 07:42 PM
    He's partially right, but it's not just Muslims, it's ALL religions. The only difference is other religions stopped behaving so barbaric.
    He does rip all religion and in many cases his assessment is right. The only one I hardly see him ever rip is Judaism, but considering the industry he works in that would be like career suicide.
    01-13-2015 09:31 AM
    I'm looking at this deeper than just a "YEEHAW, GO MURICA!!" perspective. Looking at it from an exclusively American perspective is foolhardy. Look at how many people from around the world stood beside us when we were hit by 9/11. Did we turn our backs on the world? Absolutely not. When I tuned into the news during those dark times, I took exceptional comfort in seeing the reaction of people across the globe, with tears in their eyes at what they saw during the 9/11 attacks. They saw great evil and wept. They didn't see "Snooty fat Mericans, good riddance!", they had genuine sorrow in their heart.

While "Freedom of expression" is a pillar of American society, it is a right that EVERY person of the world should have. Lets not pretend that we invented it. The belief in "Freedom of expression" was along before America was even on the map (literally).
    Of course, your view, the world is a "utopia" it's not. Only One world Government supporters think this way. In utopia, rule by masterminds is both necessary and necessarily primitive, for it excludes so much that is known to man and about man. The mastermind is driven by his own boundless conceit and delusional aspirations, which he self-identifies as a noble calling.
    01-13-2015 10:02 AM
    01-13-2015 11:50 AM
    I figured this would've been made into a thread by now but I've been wanting a discussion on this since it happened.
    I had mentioned Charlie Hebdo shortly after the attack occurred, but it was in a different forum thread (post # 36 in the discussion of the Sony hack, "Some techies take democracy for granted").

Exactly, we have the right to defend ourselves.

It makes me wonder what the world will do in response to the terror attacks in Paris, France. The terrorists in Paris used guns instead of computers, but a lot of people are saying it's still an attack on freedom of expression.

CNN -- Charlie Hebdo attack: 12 dead in Paris, manhunt on (article link)
    I thought it would be interesting to discuss the parallels between the Guardians of Peace attempting to censor The Interview over its depiction of Kim Jong-un versus terrorists attempting to censor Charlie Hebdo over its depiction of Muhammad.

Still, I have no problem with having a separate discussion on just Charlie Hebdo.
    01-13-2015 12:53 PM
    Of course, your view, the world is a "utopia" it's not. Only One world Government supporters think this way. In utopia, rule by masterminds is both necessary and necessarily primitive, for it excludes so much that is known to man and about man. The mastermind is driven by his own boundless conceit and delusional aspirations, which he self-identifies as a noble calling.
    I find it a little sad that you equate thinking people having freedom of expression without repercussions that involve loss of life is some sort of Utopian pipe dream. Freedom of expression should be a universal right. Suppression of thought through fear or intimidation will never work. It only delays the inevitable. One of my biggest gripes against religion is that all religions at one time sought to suppress that freedom. IMO there's something fundamentally wrong with an entity that seeks to suppress such freedom.
    01-13-2015 05:08 PM
    Rotterdam Mayor tells fellow Muslims who don't appreciate West to 'f*** off' | Daily Mail Online

It's a start. Thank god he said it cause if anyone in the US said something like that would be pegged a bigot and run out of political office.
    01-14-2015 10:30 AM
    I find it a little sad that you equate thinking people having freedom of expression without repercussions that involve loss of life is some sort of Utopian pipe dream. Freedom of expression should be a universal right. Suppression of thought through fear or intimidation will never work. It only delays the inevitable. One of my biggest gripes against religion is that all religions at one time sought to suppress that freedom. IMO there's something fundamentally wrong with an entity that seeks to suppress such freedom.
    Wake up...Islam has no fundamental concept of Inalienable Rights as mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. Islam is a totalitarian ideology that rejects Democracy, personal freedom, and every other religion. Islamic law/Shariah Law is completely incompatible with Freedom, Democracy, and Liberty, or any other government where the people have an actual voice in government or the will of the people matters.
    01-14-2015 01:08 PM
    When I see events like this, I can't help but wish that we could get rid of religion completely, but then I realize that these extremist nutbags aren't a representation of all members of their specific groups.
    That's a good attitude to take. It's not that religion itself is the problem. The problem is people doing bad things.
    01-14-2015 02:14 PM
    While "Freedom of expression" is a pillar of American society, it is a right that EVERY person of the world should have.
    It is interesting to note that in 2008, Charlie Hebdo fired its own cartoonist, Maurice Sinet, for a piece that some felt was mocking Judaism. Would you consider that to be freedom of expression?
    01-14-2015 02:46 PM
    Wake up...Islam has no fundamental concept of Inalienable Rights as mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. Islam is a totalitarian ideology that rejects Democracy, personal freedom, and every other religion. Islamic law/Shariah Law is completely incompatible with Freedom, Democracy, and Liberty, or any other government where the people have an actual voice in government or the will of the people matters.
    That same argument can be made against ALL religions, except maybe the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster....

That's a good attitude to take. It's not that religion itself is the problem. The problem is people doing bad things.
    The bigger problem is that people influence other people to do bad things in the name of religion. One of these days I hope that through science we discover the origins of the universe and unlock how man came to be. Through that action via a broad and widely conclusive demonstration, I would hope that we could unravel every religion and demonstrate a singular understanding for mankind. At the same time, I would also be perfectly fine with science discovering that there was one religion that got it right. The cynic in me wonders if those answers are out there already, but the keepers of such knowledge do not believe that we are conscious enough beings to carry the weight of such knowledge.

It is interesting to note that in 2008, Charlie Hebdo fired its own cartoonist, Maurice Sinet, for a piece that some felt was mocking Judaism. Would you consider that to be freedom of expression?
    The act of firing the cartoonist or the cartoonist's piece? Considering that Charile Hebdo is in it for profit, one simply has to put it into an equation. Would firing a cartoonist for creating work that it deemed "objectionable" to its target audience be more or less advantageous than Charlie Hebdo having to answer why it fired someone for objectionable material towards one religious group over another? I personally think that if Charlie Hebdo stood for freedom of expression regardless of who it offends, then firing someone for such a cartoon would only damage its credibility. Although, if their financial backers (readers, shareholders, etc) might be offended, sometimes you must sacrifice artistic integrity to put food on the table. Wait, what was the question again?
    01-14-2015 07:11 PM
    Religion is not the problem. Those that have hijacked, molested, and raped it are. The fact remains, that if you believe your god is telling you to kill in its name, it's time to find yourself a new god. I am fairly certain, that whatever it is, that made everything that there is, doesn't need my help to do anything.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-14-2015 07:42 PM
    It is a little disappointing that Obama didn't attend the rally on Sunday.
    I'm sure there were security issues that would have made it unsafe for Obama to attend the rally. There are plenty of terrorists who wouldn't mind conducting a suicide mission to take out a whole bunch of world leaders in a single strike.
    01-14-2015 11:39 PM
    I'm sure there were security issues that would have made it unsafe for Obama to attend the rally. There are plenty of terrorists who wouldn't mind conducting a suicide mission to take out a whole bunch of world leaders in a single strike.

Obama is NOT a world leader, he's just another Muslim wannabee.
    01-15-2015 06:44 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-root-of-all-hate.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	159013

I like this one better.
    01-15-2015 06:52 AM
    Biden or Kerry then should have gone. It looks bad when Russia and Saudi Arabia of all countries were there because we all know the are truly the beacon of freedom.
    GadgetGator and Scott7217 like this.
    01-15-2015 09:28 AM
    What it tells me is the events that transpired in the 30's and 40's in Europe still play a huge role in how a specific religion is handled. Call it guilt or fear. Like I said earlier, Maher will rip the Catholic Church, he'll rip Islam, I've never heard him say anything remotely on the same level of those two about Judaism.
    01-15-2015 09:31 AM
    I bet that place was heavily guarded. That's not a good excuse for a top level U.S. representative not to show. I think it sends a bad message on Obama's part. Even Jon Stewart (someone those on the right think is an uber-leftist) had issue with his absence. "What the Fu**!" Jon Stewart Bashes Obama For France Absence | Ben Swann Truth In Media
    01-15-2015 06:07 PM
    I got a big kick out of this. When the Charlie Hebdo crisis happened, Fox News was talking about all these No-Go areas of France where non-Muslims couldn't enter. It was pretty crazy for them to say that.

A guy in Paris has a Twitter account called French Words that I follow. He caught wind of Fox News talking about No-Go areas and here's what he said on his Twitter account
    Attached Thumbnails Je suis Charlie-frenchwords.jpg   Je suis Charlie-frenchwords2.jpg  
    01-16-2015 08:33 AM
167 12345 ...