03-24-2015 05:55 PM
216 1234 ...
tools
    The sad part is that some have already took on Rush Limbaugh's lead and decided that they want to make Obama look like an utter failure. What they have forgotten is that if he fails, America fails. If you have a problem with policy, bring it to the public and tell them why. The biggest problem with Obamacare is that it's a big gift to the insurance companies and it doesn't do anything to address the bigger issue, the outrageous prices of our healthcare.
    Well we'll see how things go now that Reid is not their to protect Obama from having to make any decisions on legislation.
    01-16-2015 10:02 AM
    The sad part is that some have already took on Rush Limbaugh's lead and decided that they want to make Obama look like an utter failure. What they have forgotten is that if he fails, America fails. If you have a problem with policy, bring it to the public and tell them why. The biggest problem with Obamacare is that it's a big gift to the insurance companies and it doesn't do anything to address the bigger issue, the outrageous prices of our healthcare.

Mike Huckabee Actually Said This About Women Today | The Nation

Stewart Grills Huckabee On Gay Marriage: 'At What Age Did You Choose Not To Be Gay?' | ThinkProgress

I don't see him as a viable candidate because his religion is what makes him ignorant to real problems that require an analytical mind to process. That and I don't want someone that believes in the rapture to have nuclear missile codes.....

I do see Obama as an utter failure, but it's got nothing to do with Huckabee. I also see him as a coward, and my opinion of him will not change, no matter what anyone says.
    01-16-2015 10:29 AM
    Well, he's a religious nutjob because he uses the Bible to justify his position against gay people. I know that this will come as a shock to you, but i have gay friends. Westboro Baptist Church does the same thing. I believe that what you said about that chic-fil-a protest is true, however, any group can protest violently, if pushed too far(Stonewall). If you attack one particular group because you find them offensive, what's next, left-handed people? They're a minority too. I would never really vote for Huckabee, but i do like the Bushwacker, and Ben Carson, as a respected doctor, who happens to be black, would definitely help the image of the Republican party.
    LOL...Ben Carson help the image of the GOP? Au contraire. He reinforces the out of touch image that Republicans have with things like his Nazi comments, and his recent comments on terrorism and patriots....he's more gaffe prone than Romney. Kind of surprising for a doctor, but it is what it is.

Plus he's way to meek and soft spoken to be a world leader. Combined with the crazy stuff he says and it's a campaign ending scenario. The other candidates will eat him alive and no one will want him as a running mate either. I see him having a shorter run than even 999 pizza man.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-16-2015 06:53 PM
    Well we'll see how things go now that Reid is not their to protect Obama from having to make any decisions on legislation.
    I don't think Obama is as left wing as many people think he is (especially those on the right). Many of the left wing agenda items that he campaigned on have mostly gone unfulfilled. I personally would've liked to see more legislation reach his desk before 2012 as I think it would've better defined him to both the right and the left wing during the election.
    01-17-2015 09:48 PM
    I do see Obama as an utter failure, but it's got nothing to do with Huckabee. I also see him as a coward, and my opinion of him will not change, no matter what anyone says.
    I would ask you for some facts and citation to back up your assertion, but I know you have none, which is typical of someone that's all assertion without the ertion.
    palandri and grover5 like this.
    01-17-2015 09:52 PM
    I would ask you for some facts and citation to back up your assertion, but I know you have none, which is typical of someone that's all assertion without the ertion.
    I am sure he has all the normal right wing facts:

1. He wasn't born in the United States.
    2. He's not a Christian
    3. He intends to force a complete ban on all weapons for U.S. citizens through a United Nations treaty.
    4. He surrendered his law license to avoid ethics charges
    5. He has signed secret executive orders to create martial law.
    6. He created death panels within Obamacare
    7. He plans to get rid of the White House Christmas tree.
    8. He got elected due to voter fraud by illegal aliens.
    9. He has spent more than all other Presidents in history
    10. The economy has gotten worse under Obama
    01-18-2015 08:43 AM

2. He's not a Christian
    3. He intends to force a complete ban on all weapons for U.S. citizens through a United Nations treaty.
    Sheesh, well you just gave him something to site...... curse you!
    palandri likes this.
    01-18-2015 09:36 AM

2. He's not a Christian
    HaHa. I agree with 1-4, not 5-10. Never mind where he was born, read about how he was raised, and who raised him. Read about his influences when he was young. Don't just spout the Democratic Party line, make up your own mind. Read, read, read.
    01-18-2015 09:41 AM

2. He's not a Christian
    Have you read an executive order (any) in it's entirety?
    01-21-2015 01:38 PM
    Simply pointing out their potential flaws. Neither side has a perfect candidate. I'd say 1. Walker 2. Christie
    Walker is an ***** that essentially destroyed the Wisconsin recovery. I know its unusual for a republican not to destroy an economy but I'd thought I'd point it out anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2015 01:57 PM
    We need another Bush like we need another Clinton. GTFO of politics already! Rand Paul makes sense in a lot of what he says, but he can come off as smug and pompous. Huckabee doesn't stand a chance. Ben Carson has less experience than Obama had and look where that's gotten us (I could see him possibly as VP on a ticket). Ted Cruz is a friggin nut job and should just go back to Texas. I like Christie but it's hard to tell how his no BS in your face approach plays out to the American public. Walker is probably the most solid candidate but not many know anything about him.
    You think Ben Carson is less of a nut job then Ted Cruz? Obama saved our economy while providing health care for millions of uninsured Americans while reducing the cost. Ben Carson struggles with chewing food.

01-21-2015 01:59 PM
    Walker is an ***** that essentially destroyed the Wisconsin recovery. I know its unusual for a republican not to destroy an economy but I'd thought I'd point it out anyway.

Redistribution of wealth a Democratic manifesto, destroys the economy.
    01-21-2015 02:00 PM
    So you think there should be the super wealthy making their living off of the super poor? Is that your idea of a good economy? Because without a balancing out of the wealth, that's what you end up with....all the money only at the top.

And as far as a "destroyed economy" goes, how's that stock market been doing lately? Record lows? Or record highs?

And what did the economy look like under the last Republican president? Gangbusters? Rolling in the dough? Or stunning job losses and collapse?

It's one thing to have a theory and your talking points, but they need to fit into reality and correspond to factual historical data. Your talking points, do not.

grover5 likes this.
    01-21-2015 03:06 PM
    Actually the wealth was redistributed when the republicans failed to tax the rich at the same rate as the middle class. If they were taxed fairly there would be no problem to address.

GadgetGator likes this.
    01-21-2015 03:18 PM
    You think Ben Carson is less of a nut job then Ted Cruz? Obama saved our economy while providing health care for millions of uninsured Americans while reducing the cost. Ben Carson struggles with chewing food.

If you think healthcare costs are going down I'd suggest you take another look.
    01-22-2015 09:32 AM
    Climbing more slowly would be more accurate. Health cost will probably always go up. I don't see that changing anytime soon. The cost for most things goes up.

01-22-2015 11:47 AM
    Climbing more slowly would be more accurate. Health cost will probably always go up. I don't see that changing anytime soon. The cost for most things goes up.

Except that's not what he said.
    01-22-2015 12:34 PM
    They are going down for the individuals who buy the plans and for the overall rise they had been representing in our economy over the past decade. Do you actually follow this stuff or just get spoonfed from your boys at fox?

01-22-2015 12:41 PM
    Except that's not what he said.
    Climbing at a slower rate is what I meant. You prefer they not do that? Because they weren't and won't under the previous plan the republicans want to go back to.

01-22-2015 12:46 PM
    They are going down for the individuals who buy the plans and for the overall rise they had been representing in our economy over the past decade. Do you actually follow this stuff or just get spoonfed from your boys at fox?

No I actually work in healthcare, so I might know a little bit about it. Has anyone seen the $2500 savings he claimed would occur by the end of his first term for a family of 4?
    01-22-2015 01:00 PM
    No I actually work in healthcare, so I might know a little bit about it. Has anyone seen the $2500 savings he claimed would occur by the end of his first term for a family of 4?
    A huge portion of our population works in healthcare. It's a very broad term. What do you do and who do you work for?
    01-22-2015 01:04 PM
    A huge portion of our population works in healthcare. It's a very broad term. What do you do and who do you work for?
    I have a doctorate in Audiology and I have my PA-C.
    01-22-2015 01:24 PM
    I have a doctorate in Audiology and I have my PA-C.
    So your background as a physicians assistant for people with hearing loss makes you particularly well informed on health care costs rising or falling for individuals nationally. I don't think that adds up. But I can say everyone I know that doesn't have employer covered insurance has seen better coverage at lower prices. Actually significantly better coverage. And based on the numbers posted in the states that participate it is the trend based on the impact of the new healthcare law. This link helps illustrate my point.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/64714..._ref=obamacare

01-22-2015 01:32 PM
    So your background as a physicians assistant for people with hearing loss makes you particularly well informed on health care costs rising or falling for individuals nationally. I don't think that adds up. But I can say everyone I know that doesn't have employer covered insurance has seen better coverage at lower prices. Actually significantly better coverage. And based on the numbers posted in the states that participate it is the trend based on the impact of the new healthcare law.

Right, someone who sees on average 30-50 patients a day for a variety of ENT issues doesn't have a clue because the topic never comes up between us and the patient. I would go with what you say because "you know some people". :thumbsup:
    01-22-2015 01:46 PM
    Right, someone who sees on average 30-50 patients a day for a variety of ENT issues doesn't have a clue because the topic never comes up between us and the patient. I would go with what you say because "you know some people". :thumbsup:
    No. You can read the link or really any news on the topic that isn't published by Murdoch.

The topic may come up but it usually doesn't come up that often between the PA and the patient. Its even more rare that the PA knows too much on the topic. Obviously you're a good case in point.

The reality is people are seeing more coverage for less and are more able to cover their medical costs for the first time in almost ten years. But Steve from iowa state has a ton of hearing loss patients who paint a much different picture. I doubt that.

GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    01-22-2015 02:03 PM
216 1234 ...