03-24-2015 05:55 PM
216 12345 ...
tools
    Redistribution of wealth a Democratic manifesto, destroys the economy.
    So you're for decimating the middle class?
    A895 likes this.
    01-22-2015 07:23 PM
    So you're for decimating the middle class?
    Redistribution of wealth.. Where does this "wealth" come from? The middle class. So yes, taking monies from the middle class destroys it.
    01-23-2015 01:16 PM
    Redistribution of wealth.. Where does this "wealth" come from? The middle class. So yes, taking monies from the middle class destroys it.
    Lol. Show me that proposal please.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-23-2015 01:32 PM
    Two days ago I explained to you right here in this thread, of how things need to be balanced. You seem to want a society based on serifs and kings. It's you who would destroy the middle class. Without balance all the money and power ends up at the top 1% leaving just scraps for everyone else.

I also gave examples that totally counter your mythical notion that democrats destroy economies. I noticed you didn't have an answer. Yet you cling to your mythology. Why?

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri, grover5 and A895 like this.
    01-23-2015 01:46 PM
    I think you're thinking of the Ronald Reagan years, although I'm willing to bet that you're too young to remember the Reagan years or weren't even a sparkle in your daddy's eye.....
    grover5, GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    01-23-2015 07:25 PM
    Two days ago I explained to you right here in this thread, of how things need to be balanced. You seem to want a society based on serifs and kings. It's you who would destroy the middle class. Without balance all the money and power ends up at the top 1% leaving just scraps for everyone else.

I also gave examples that totally counter your mythical notion that democrats destroy economies. I noticed you didn't have an answer. Yet you cling to your mythology. Why?

If he answers in bleats and English, then I could forgive him...

grover5 likes this.
    01-23-2015 07:28 PM
    No. You can read the link or really any news on the topic that isn't published by Murdoch.

The topic may come up but it usually doesn't come up that often between the PA and the patient. Its even more rare that the PA knows too much on the topic. Obviously you're a good case in point.

The reality is people are seeing more coverage for less and are more able to cover their medical costs for the first time in almost ten years. But Steve from iowa state has a ton of hearing loss patients who paint a much different picture. I doubt that.

You don't have a clue what patients talk to me about. You also don't realize that for most procedures in the office there needs to be a pre-determination or pre-authorization, who do you think gets that? Often times we know more about a patients benefits than they do. We hear about the co-pays, the deductibles skyrocketing, the coinsurance, ect. Congratulations, you've forced a 58yr old man to carry maternity coverage when he went to pick up a individual plan for himself and his wife, but his out of pocket expenses have gone up 15%. The only ones seeing more coverage for less are those who receive a subsidy for their premium.
    01-26-2015 02:53 PM
    You don't have a clue what patients talk to me about. You also don't realize that for most procedures in the office there needs to be a pre-determination or pre-authorization, who do you think gets that? Often times we know more about a patients benefits than they do. We hear about the co-pays, the deductibles skyrocketing, the coinsurance, ect. Congratulations, you've forced a 58yr old man to carry maternity coverage when he went to pick up a individual plan for himself and his wife, but his out of pocket expenses have gone up 15%. The only ones seeing more coverage for less are those who receive a subsidy for their premium.
    In your state maybe. With the carriers you work with. But that would be a subset of the total nation, not a whole, therefore to use generalizations like "only ones" may be incorrect. Plus everyone's circumstances are different. Some may have had horrible plans before. What they have now may be better and cheaper.

A895 likes this.
    01-26-2015 04:00 PM
    On average do you consider a single person making 35k "well off"? Rich? The US average single person making 35K (can vary by state/zip code) who's employer doesn't offer health coverage doesn't qualify for a subsidy.

No one is seeing that $2500 money pack on their premiums that Obama "Promised". You and I both know deductibles have doubled and in some cases tripled. You worked in HR, you know the vast majority of people don't understand what the hell a deductible is or what co-insurance is. Believe it or not I agree the plan has some good to it. The raising of no lifetime caps and removal of pre-existing conditions was a good thing. The mandate, I would have made the penatly $5000.
    01-26-2015 04:21 PM
    It doesn't matter how many patients you talk to Steve. Reality is reality. Sorry to hear about the anomaly that is your patient list. Saying the only people who are saving money are the ones receiving subsidies is pretty funny though. You realize the point of this whole thing right?

A895 likes this.
    01-26-2015 04:51 PM
    On average do you consider a single person making 35k "well off"? Rich? The US average single person making 35K (can vary by state/zip code) who's employer doesn't offer health coverage doesn't qualify for a subsidy.

No one is seeing that $2500 money pack on their premiums that Obama "Promised". You and I both know deductibles have doubled and in some cases tripled. You worked in HR, you know the vast majority of people don't understand what the hell a deductible is or what co-insurance is. Believe it or not I agree the plan has some good to it. The raising of no lifetime caps and removal of pre-existing conditions was a good thing. The mandate, I would have made the penatly $5000.
    A single person making 35k can afford health care unber the ACA.

A895 likes this.
    01-26-2015 04:53 PM

There was a proposal for single payer, but guess what party thought that was not viable, despite the fact that MOST INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS have some form of that and they're not living at the end of days? Let me clue you in, it's the SAME party that wants to build a pipeline through the country to push sludgy oil through this country which could affect millions of people the same way the West Virginia coal incident did. So they're ok with sacrificing the health of a whole bunch of people to benefit a few rich people, but sacrificing the money of a few rich people to benefit the health of a whole bunch of people, that's out of the question..... Yeah, keep doing Jesus' work....
    grover5, A895, GadgetGator and 1 others like this.
    01-26-2015 06:12 PM
    There was a proposal for single payer, but guess what party thought that was not viable, despite the fact that MOST INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS have some form of that and they're not living at the end of days? Let me clue you in, it's the SAME party that wants to build a pipeline through the country to push sludgy oil through this country which could affect millions of people the same way the West Virginia coal incident did. So they're ok with sacrificing the health of a whole bunch of people to benefit a few rich people, but sacrificing the money of a few rich people to benefit the health of a whole bunch of people, that's out of the question..... Yeah, keep doing Jesus' work....
    I wish I could "like" this multiple times. This covers it.

01-26-2015 07:42 PM
    I think you're thinking of the Ronald Reagan years, although I'm willing to bet that you're too young to remember the Reagan years or weren't even a sparkle in your daddy's eye.....
    Blah blah blah... Reagan, was the best President. Period. If the money is not coming from the middle class, then where? Not the wealthy.
    01-27-2015 11:29 AM

Boooogus! And that sir, is Communism.

Why should I support some fat slob in Iowa? Why should I subsidize someones iPhone? You sir, are destroying the middle class.. Let me keep my money, stop taking from me and giving it to them. let the fat slob in Iowa get a job.

You are more of a fool then you pretend to be.
    01-27-2015 11:33 AM
    Lol. Show me that proposal please.

What are you babbling about!
    01-27-2015 11:35 AM
    Blah blah blah... Reagan, was the best President. Period. If the money is not coming from the middle class, then where? Not the wealthy.
    The democratic proposal allows for tax relief for the middle class through closing tax loopholes used by the wealthy and increasing the capital gains tax from 23% to 28% which is also a higher tax for the wealthy but the same rate that it was at during the second term of your beloved vegetable in chief reagan. Can't run from the numbers...well you can and do but don't get angry at us for laughing at you.
    01-27-2015 01:51 PM
    What are you babbling about!
    Look above.
    01-27-2015 01:51 PM
    Boooogus! And that sir, is Communism.

Why should I support some fat slob in Iowa? Why should I subsidize someones iPhone? You sir, are destroying the middle class.. Let me keep my money, stop taking from me and giving it to them. let the fat slob in Iowa get a job.

You are more of a fool then you pretend to be.
    No. You Sir are selfish. Again, you are the one destroying the middle class. You and your republican policies which let the rich get richer and everyone else pound sand eliminating the middle class in the process.

I guess you are hoping you'll be one of the 1% someday living like a king. But no. You won't. So rushing to the defense of the rich will do you no favors.

It's downright asinine to complain about the lazy person. Not everyone on assistance is lazy. Hell, Paul Ryan himself once was on it. Do you think he's lazy?

And telling people to get a job is not the magical solution that you paint it as. What if there are not enough jobs to go around for everyone? Then what?

palandri likes this.
    01-27-2015 02:14 PM
    No. You Sir are selfish. Again, you are the one destroying the middle class. You and your republican policies which let the rich get richer and everyone else pound sand eliminating the middle class in the process.

I guess you are hoping you'll be one of the 1% someday living like a king. But no. You won't. So rushing to the defense of the rich will do you no favors.

It's downright asinine to complain about the lazy person. Not everyone on assistance is lazy. Hell, Paul Ryan himself once was on it. Do you think he's lazy?

And telling people to get a job is not the magical solution that you paint it as. What if there are not enough jobs to go around for everyone? Then what?

What the top like is when jobs are scarce so they can keep wages low. They also didn't want single payer because they like having leverage against the working class. What tweedledee doesn't understand is that all these policies that he's fighting are what the GOP likes to pretend are hurting the middle class which is the opposite. Single payer would do 2 things, it would allow employees to leave a bad employer without fear of losing their health care and would mean employees could bargain for better salaries, which guess what, helps our economy. But no, "single payer bad, single payer duh debil!!!!" Keep towing the GOP line. One day we'll all be beholden to the top .001% (concentration of wealth will eventually erode all wealth) and we can all commiserate at the Ronald Reagan reintegration camp....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-27-2015 03:37 PM
    I'm sorry, if I recall the democrats had control of the WH, House, and Senate. The public option was there, who's fault was it that it didn't pass again? Like it or not there has never been a single payer system that has ever attempted to cover the number of people we have in this country. Quite honestly though based on what Gruber stated that the feds had to lie and hide certain aspects of the law in order to get it to pass, I'm not sure I want that in control of my healthcare. Want a system like France? Doctors there don't come out of school with the debt ours do, so lets subsidize their educations. They also don't have the medical malpractice premiums we have here. Surely then doctors will take a pay cut to help reign in the cost. The French system has been running constant deficits since 1985, but what the hell. I'm not opposed to discussing a public/private option. As long as everyone has some skin in the game (ie...the top 10% shouldn't be springing for 80% of the cost). I've advocated a Swiss style system for years so it's not like I'm all for the status quo. I'm just not naive enough to think "poof", Uncle Sam can fix it all without any consequences.
    01-27-2015 03:45 PM
    I'm sorry, if I recall the democrats had control of the WH, House, and Senate. The public option was there, who's fault was it that it didn't pass again? Like it or not there has never been a single payer system that has ever attempted to cover the number of people we have in this country. Quite honestly though based on what Gruber stated that the feds had to lie and hide certain aspects of the law in order to get it to pass, I'm not sure I want that in control of my healthcare. Want a system like France? Doctors there don't come out of school with the debt ours do, so lets subsidize their educations. They also don't have the medical malpractice premiums we have here. Surely then doctors will take a pay cut to help reign in the cost. The French system has been running constant deficits since 1985, but what the hell. I'm not opposed to discussing a public/private option. As long as everyone has some skin in the game (ie...the top 10% shouldn't be springing for 80% of the cost). I've advocated a Swiss style system for years so it's not like I'm all for the status quo. I'm just not naive enough to think "poof", Uncle Sam can fix it all without any consequences.
    If the top 10% control 80% of the wealth in the country they should. They should pay whatever their fair share is. Crazy right?

01-27-2015 04:36 PM
    Here's the problem with you not saying the rich should contribute "more than their fair share", and you not understanding what their fair share actually is. The rich benefit the most from our corporations that create the foods that make us sick, the airborne pollutants that make us sick, the products that have side-effects that make us sick, the poisoning of our environment that makes us sick. That being the case, why should they not have more skin in the game since they get the most payout from the game to begin with?
    01-27-2015 06:19 PM
    Here's the problem with you not saying the rich should contribute "more than their fair share", and you not understanding what their fair share actually is. The rich benefit the most from our corporations that create the foods that make us sick, the airborne pollutants that make us sick, the products that have side-effects that make us sick, the poisoning of our environment that makes us sick. That being the case, why should they not have more skin in the game since they get the most payout from the game to begin with?
    The bottom 80% has roughly 7% of the wealth in the US. That should be their bill. The top 1% have 40% of the wealth in the US. What do they owe in taxes? You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes. The welfare state right now is at the top not the bottom.

01-27-2015 06:46 PM
    The bottom 80% has roughly 7% of the wealth in the US. That should be their bill. The top 1% have 40% of the wealth in the US. What do they owe in taxes? You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes. The welfare state right now is at the top not the bottom.

What gets me are those that defend it and then try to rationalize it, "Oh yeah well the top 10% pay like 70% of all the taxes!....." Ummm yeah that's because they have stripped all the wealth from everyone else....stoopid! (not calling anyone specifically stupid in case someone that doesn't agree with me tries to go crying to a mod).

As someone else already pointed out, it's disgusting to me that Capital Gains taxes are LESS than what the average working schmo pays in taxes for actually WORKING. It's actually a perversion, IMO. Someone that does some sort of labor shouldn't have to pay more in taxes than someone that doesn't have to lift a finger. And somehow these people aren't referred to as moochers.
    01-27-2015 06:56 PM
216 12345 ...