03-24-2015 05:55 PM
216 ... 23456 ...
tools
    What gets me are those that defend it and then try to rationalize it, "Oh yeah well the top 10% pay like 70% of all the taxes!....." Ummm yeah that's because they have stripped all the wealth from everyone else....stoopid! (not calling anyone specifically stupid in case someone that doesn't agree with me tries to go crying to a mod).

As someone else already pointed out, it's disgusting to me that Capital Gains taxes are LESS than what the average working schmo pays in taxes for actually WORKING. It's actually a perversion, IMO. Someone that does some sort of labor shouldn't have to pay more in taxes than someone that doesn't have to lift a finger. And somehow these people aren't referred to as moochers.
    They don't understand what's going on. They have their religion so to speak. They will either refuse to see what's happening or think they will become the 1% and want the advantages. The prior is fear of the truth also known as willful ignorance and the latter is despicable and also not rooted in reality.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-27-2015 08:20 PM
    They don't understand what's going on. They have their religion so to speak. They will either refuse to see what's happening or think they will become the 1% and want the advantages. The prior is fear of the truth also known as willful ignorance and the latter is despicable and also not rooted in reality.

I'm waiting for our society to turn the corner when it comes to material possession (something that is supposed to go against Christianity). Hopefully one day we'll view obscene wealth (the sin known as Greed) the way we view the sin of Gluttony. I have no problem with people living comfortable and enjoying the rewards of hard work, but when you see the way some people hoard their wealth like it's their life blood, I see sickness. Some of the richest people in the world have decided that it's time to transcend their wealth and seek a legacy that's more than just, "He who dies with the most toys wins". Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and a few others understand and are thankful for the riches that they have made.

One of the biggest rifts I see between the Democratic and Republican party is when I see what a former President is up to. Jimmy Carter is fighting disease in Africa. Bill Clinton's foundation seeks to "strengthen the capacity of people throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence." And lets see, George W Bush is learning to paint himself in the tub.... Yeah, that's real humanitarian work..... That should give you a better idea of what each party's core values consist of.
    01-27-2015 08:38 PM
    I'm waiting for our society to turn the corner when it comes to material possession (something that is supposed to go against Christianity). Hopefully one day we'll view obscene wealth (the sin known as Greed) the way we view the sin of Gluttony. I have no problem with people living comfortable and enjoying the rewards of hard work, but when you see the way some people hoard their wealth like it's their life blood, I see sickness. Some of the richest people in the world have decided that it's time to transcend their wealth and seek a legacy that's more than just, "He who dies with the most toys wins". Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and a few others understand and are thankful for the riches that they have made.

One of the biggest rifts I see between the Democratic and Republican party is when I see what a former President is up to. Jimmy Carter is fighting disease in Africa. Bill Clinton's foundation seeks to "strengthen the capacity of people throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence." And lets see, George W Bush is learning to paint himself in the tub.... Yeah, that's real humanitarian work..... That should give you a better idea of what each party's core values consist of.
    Carter is a great man and the first man the right always slams. The blind preaching vision.

01-27-2015 08:45 PM
    Carter is a great man and the first man the right always slams. The blind preaching vision.

One of the last Presidents that we had that didn't take us into war. Yet somehow the party of "Christianity" claimed him to be weak. I can't help wonder if Jimmy Carter would've been elected to a 2nd term if we had social media available at the time. If it had been leaked that the Iran Hostage situation was going to be settled once Jimmy Carter lost office, I can't help wonder how differently the country would've reacted.
    01-27-2015 09:05 PM
    The Koch brothers will be spending $1 billion on the 2016 election. Merica and the tea party at their best.

01-27-2015 11:12 PM
    And telling people to get a job is not the magical solution that you paint it as. What if there are not enough jobs to go around for everyone? Then what?
    It's the only solution.. McDees is looking for people Get a job stop living off me.

I guess you are hoping you'll be one of the 1% someday living like a king. But no. You won't. So rushing to the defense of the rich will do you no favors.
    Chuckles.. You know nothing about me.. Keep talking gibberish.

t's downright asinine to complain about the lazy person. Not everyone on assistance is lazy. Hell, Paul Ryan himself once was on it. Do you think he's lazy?
    Yes, I do!

No. You Sir are selfish. Again, you are the one destroying the middle class. You and your republican policies which let the rich get richer and everyone else pound sand eliminating the middle class in the process.
    I'm selfish for wanting to keep what I work so hard for? What a out of touch left winger you are.
    01-28-2015 09:52 AM
    Here's the problem with you not saying the rich should contribute "more than their fair share", and you not understanding what their fair share actually is. The rich benefit the most from our corporations that create the foods that make us sick, the airborne pollutants that make us sick, the products that have side-effects that make us sick, the poisoning of our environment that makes us sick. That being the case, why should they not have more skin in the game since they get the most payout from the game to begin with?
    With all the things you claim make us sick, you'd think the FDA and USDA would be up to their eyeballs with reports. Let me guess, you didn't vaccinate your children either because those vaccines make an abundance of people "sick" to? If you make $116k your in the top 10% nationwide, Chuck Schumer would argue that's not rich by New York standards. Do we complicate the tax code further to adjust for geographic region? I have no issue with closing loopholes the allow companies or individuals to side step taxes. Hell I'd remove the cap on eligible income for FICA. No reason it should be capped at $118K or whatever it is now.
    01-28-2015 09:53 AM
    The democratic proposal allows for tax relief for the middle class through closing tax loopholes used by the wealthy and increasing the capital gains tax from 23% to 28% which is also a higher tax for the wealthy but the same rate that it was at during the second term of your beloved vegetable in chief reagan. Can't run from the numbers...well you can and do but don't get angry at us for laughing at you.
    “Equality, as understood by the American Founders, is the natural right of every individual to live freely under self-government, to acquire and retain the property he creates through his own labor." Not mine!

-Mark Levin
    01-28-2015 09:57 AM
    What gets me are those that defend it and then try to rationalize it, "Oh yeah well the top 10% pay like 70% of all the taxes!....." Ummm yeah that's because they have stripped all the wealth from everyone else....stoopid! (not calling anyone specifically stupid in case someone that doesn't agree with me tries to go crying to a mod).

As someone else already pointed out, it's disgusting to me that Capital Gains taxes are LESS than what the average working schmo pays in taxes for actually WORKING. It's actually a perversion, IMO. Someone that does some sort of labor shouldn't have to pay more in taxes than someone that doesn't have to lift a finger. And somehow these people aren't referred to as moochers.
    So would you like to remove all offsets caused by capital losses as well? Put an end to allowing some of those loses to carry over to the following year. Make it a "you lose, you lose" system? History has proven that when your raise the cap gains rate you lower revenues. So if your only reason for doing so to "punish" certain people and ultimately cut your nose off to spite your face, you'll succeed tremendously. Should we also raise the death tax to 90% while we're at it? I suppose you think the presidents idea of taxing 529 college savings plans is a good idea as well? Lets penalize those who actually want to save for their kids college education.

Romney Part Three???-chart1_capgains_taxfoundation.jpg
    01-28-2015 09:59 AM
    So would you like to remove all offsets caused by capital losses as well? Put an end to allowing some of those loses to carry over to the following year. Make it a "you lose, you lose" system? History has proven that when your raise the cap gains rate you lower revenues. So if your only reason for doing so to "punish" certain people and ultimately cut your nose off to spite your face, you'll succeed tremendously. Should we also raise the death tax to 90% while we're at it? I suppose you think the presidents idea of taxing 529 college savings plans is a good idea as well? Lets penalize those who actually want to save for their kids college education.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart1_capgains_TaxFoundation.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	160980
    Capital gains taxes should never be lower than income taxes. I don't speak right wing paranoia, what's the death tax?

01-28-2015 11:20 AM
    “Equality, as understood by the American Founders, is the natural right of every individual to live freely under self-government, to acquire and retain the property he creates through his own labor." Not mine!

-Mark Levin
    There is no labor involved with the wealth we are speaking about.

01-28-2015 11:22 AM
    There is no labor involved with the wealth we are speaking about.

Excuse me? Someone is working for the money redistributed.. lol dude please..
    01-28-2015 12:02 PM
    Excuse me? Someone is working for the money redistributed.. lol dude please..
    That didn't even make sense.

palandri likes this.
    01-28-2015 12:13 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart1_capgains_TaxFoundation.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	160980
    This has nothing to do with "punishing" people. This has more to do with the condition of our infrastructure and the fact that the tax rate for someone working should be LESS than the rate for someone that's just watching their money in some account. I don't really see much of a correlation in your graph either. If you look at the time from 1954 through 1968, things stayed the same, but there were still spikes in the Capital Gains Tax Revenue.
    01-28-2015 06:00 PM
    Capital gains taxes should never be lower than income taxes. I don't speak right wing paranoia, what's the death tax?

The "Death Tax" is what the right wing has spun the Estate Tax into. John Oliver does a nice job of explaining it. NSFW though, after all, it's HBO.

palandri and grover5 like this.
    01-28-2015 06:04 PM
    With all the things you claim make us sick, you'd think the FDA and USDA would be up to their eyeballs with reports.
    Yeah, because there'd be no way that a politician has been lobbied by these big businesses to create legislation that gives them a loophole, right........ http://www.newsweek.com/report-sugar...effects-256529
    grover5 and palandri like this.
    01-28-2015 06:07 PM
    It's the only solution.. McDees is looking for people Get a job stop living off me.

Chuckles.. You know nothing about me.. Keep talking gibberish.

Yes, I do!

I'm selfish for wanting to keep what I work so hard for? What a out of touch left winger you are.
    No, you are selfish for not wanting to help people and telling them tough luck. May you receive the same treatment in return someday. Apparently someone never learned the golden rule.

And your other comments are so out of touch that you didn't even answer the question properly. If there are not enough jobs and work for everyone, what do you expect people to do? You provide no answer because you and your party have no answers.

Though you sure are quick to turn on one another. (Paul Ryan is not lazy).

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri likes this.
    01-29-2015 01:39 AM
    This has nothing to do with "punishing" people. This has more to do with the condition of our infrastructure and the fact that the tax rate for someone working should be LESS than the rate for someone that's just watching their money in some account. I don't really see much of a correlation in your graph either. If you look at the time from 1954 through 1968, things stayed the same, but there were still spikes in the Capital Gains Tax Revenue.
    No it absolutely has everything to do with punishing people. Despite all the facts that raising the cap gains rate over the last 30yrs lowers revenues many on your side push it simply because they want to demonize certain people (some are middle class, it's not only the top 1% who invest). You can interpret the graph any way you like, our IRS tax code was a lot different back then with the top marginal rate of 91% and even the bottom rate was 22%. We dipped into 3 mild recessions during the 50's and the dow topped out at 750 in 1962 and then there was the Kennedy crash in May of that year. The spike you see in 1966 was when Kennedy CUT TAXES.
    01-29-2015 09:23 AM
    Yeah, because there'd be no way that a politician has been lobbied by these big businesses to create legislation that gives them a loophole, right........ http://www.newsweek.com/report-sugar...effects-256529
    Where exactly is the loophole? I understand certain industries hate damning reports. I'm sure the lobby who represent the windmill industry has attempted to bury reports when the findings are we'd have to move everyone west of the rockies out in order to place 10 million windmills to achieve a 3% contribution in our movement away from relying on oil and coal. In the end I'm not surprised. I would also argue that the vast majority of americans already understand consuming too much sugar is a bad thing.
    01-29-2015 09:37 AM
    No, you are selfish for not wanting to help people and telling them tough luck. May you receive the same treatment in return someday. Apparently someone never learned the golden rule.

And your other comments are so out of touch that you didn't even answer the question properly. If there are not enough jobs and work for everyone, what do you expect people to do? You provide no answer because you and your party have no answers.

Though you sure are quick to turn on one another. (Paul Ryan is not lazy).

I'm all for helping people and I realize that that help (ie...money) has to come from somewhere. I have no issues with the taxes I pay and would gladly pay a bit more if it meant giving a boost to someone. What I have a issue with is when politicians want to turn that "boost" into a dependency. "Assistance" is meant to be temporary. But politicians want to dangle it in front of peoples faces to get votes and it turns into a long term permanent subsidy in some cases. You don't win elections by taking things away from anyone that much is true. So where does it stop? There comes a point in time when I think we can all agree that when the tax consumers out number the tax payers, we're in trouble.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
    01-29-2015 09:53 AM
    We will have to agree to disagree. Charity begins with family, church and local organizations. Which I give to freely.
    01-29-2015 11:50 AM
    We will have to agree to disagree. Charity begins with family, church and local organizations. Which I give to freely.
    And when charities and families run out of money and aren't contributing enough, (like when a recession hits) then what? Oh that's right, you didn't have an answer for the jobs problem so you'll have no answer for this question either.

palandri likes this.
    01-29-2015 01:27 PM
    I'm all for helping people and I realize that that help (ie...money) has to come from somewhere. I have no issues with the taxes I pay and would gladly pay a bit more if it meant giving a boost to someone. What I have a issue with is when politicians want to turn that "boost" into a dependency. "Assistance" is meant to be temporary. But politicians want to dangle it in front of peoples faces to get votes and it turns into a long term permanent subsidy in some cases. You don't win elections by taking things away from anyone that much is true. So where does it stop? There comes a point in time when I think we can all agree that when the tax consumers out number the tax payers, we're in trouble.
    I agree with you that things must be balanced and assistance must not become a salary to able bodied people. However so many times things end at some arbitrary date set by politicians rather then taking things as a case by case and regional basis. In other words, each circumstance is different. Applying the same broad brush does not solve things.

Also I think there should be lots more skill building and job training going on, and I think the government should be looking at the long term ramifications of automation and offshoring more. And then addressing jobs needs under those conditions.

palandri likes this.
    01-29-2015 01:34 PM
    I agree with you that thongs must be balanced and assistance must not become a salary to able bodied people. However so many times things end at some arbitrary date set by politicians rather then taking things as a case by case and regional basis. In other words, each circumstance is different. Applying the same broad brush does not solve things.

Also I think there should be lots more skill building and job training going on, and I think the government should be looking at the long term ramifications of automation and offshoring more. And then addressing jobs needs under those conditions.

While taking things on a case by case basis would be ideal, our immigration system has shown that is next to impossible without bogging everything down and people slipping through the cracks. If it bogs down they will just keep people on assistance as long as it takes for them to catch up, regardless if they need it or not. Setting a time table and a possible renewal system is the only logical method. Their absolutely should be skill building and benchmarks people should hit in order to continue to receive short term assistance, but then you have bleeding heart liberals who want to dole it out no questions asked and anything short of that they liken it to forcing people to sing for their supper.
    01-29-2015 01:42 PM
    While taking things on a case by case basis would be ideal, our immigration system has shown that is next to impossible without bogging everything down and people slipping through the cracks. If it bogs down they will just keep people on assistance as long as it takes for them to catch up, regardless if they need it or not. Setting a time table and a possible renewal system is the only logical method. Their absolutely should be skill building and benchmarks people should hit in order to continue to receive short term assistance, but then you have bleeding heart liberals who want to dole it out no questions asked and anything short of that they liken it to forcing people to sing for their supper.
    Or the republicans who want to drug test them and those collecting unemployment. I don't think liberals want it to last forever. But I think the right are so freaked out that some single mom somewhere is getting free food and medical insurance that they can barely contain their outrage at the system being gamed. Which takes us back to your punch less defense of a lower capital gains tax. A real example of being gamed for some serious cash. It boggles the mind that you want to tax more for work than Vegas on wall street. How can you be taken seriously with that position?

01-29-2015 04:37 PM
216 ... 23456 ...