03-24-2015 05:55 PM
216 ... 56789
tools
    Its vague and somewhat positive. What is to actually believe. It has no substance.
    I can certainly offer my interpretation.

The first statement acknowledges the existence of God and that God is the Creator of all human beings.

The second statement acknowledges the limits of human understanding. We certainly know a lot, but there's a great deal more that we don't understand.

Do these statements make more sense now?
    02-05-2015 10:33 PM
    I can certainly offer my interpretation.

The first statement acknowledges the existence of God and that God is the Creator of all human beings.

The second statement acknowledges the limits of human understanding. We certainly know a lot, but there's a great deal more that we don't understand.

Do these statements make more sense now?
    We always have more to learn. We always have more wisdom to gain. But Huckabee isn't wise or someone who seeks more knowledge. He uses his limited understanding to seek power through hate. He's also very scared of gay men and sexually liberated women.

Posted via the Android Central App
    GadgetGator likes this.
    02-05-2015 11:49 PM
    He's also very scared of gay men and sexually liberated women.

Not to mention sensible diets, and exercise, apparently. I have no problems casting judgment on his obesity with the of harshest cruelties the way he judges millions. Although the sad part is that he probably believes that homosexuality is similar to his obesity. One of the many reasons that he is just one ignorant human being.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    GadgetGator likes this.
    02-06-2015 03:38 AM
    We always have more to learn. We always have more wisdom to gain.
    Well, at least we can agree that we always have more to learn and we always have more wisdom to gain.

What is your opinion on people who believe humans were created in the image of God? Also, what do you think of people who believe that God sometimes does things that are beyond our understanding?
    02-06-2015 06:45 AM
    Not to mention sensible diets, and exercise, apparently. I have no problems casting judgment on his obesity with the of harshest cruelties the way he judges millions.
    That's a fair criticism. People should try to live healthy lives, and Mike Huckabee is no exception. I think he would welcome the feedback.
    02-06-2015 06:48 AM
    Well, at least we can agree that we always have more to learn and we always have more wisdom to gain.

What is your opinion on people who believe humans were created in the image of God? Also, what do you think of people who believe that God sometimes does things that are beyond our understanding?

Considering that we built machines in our "image" and the thinking by some of the greatest minds in out time (Stephen Hawking for instance) that it's only a matter of time before machines overrun us, I can imagine that what existed before we existed looked or acted similar to us.

That's a fair criticism. People should try to live healthy lives, and Mike Huckabee is no exception. I think he would welcome the feedback.
    I would have to temper it in a more vulgar manner to demonstrate the difference between his gluttony and his ignorance of topics he pretends to understand such as gay/lesbian and women's issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-06-2015 09:35 AM
    It is actually easy. The movement is nothing close to a sham sounds like you had little trust in it to begin with.

I'm not arguing the merits of climate change. I only brought up Al Gore in as an example of hypocrisy between what is preached and how someone actually lives their life. This was in response to the point raised by TXGTOU about what really happens on the left. Like it or not in politics perception is reality.
    02-06-2015 10:31 AM
    I'm not arguing the merits of climate change. I only brought up Al Gore in as an example of hypocrisy between what is preached and how someone actually lives their life. This was in response to the point raised by TXGTOU about what really happens on the left. Like it or not in politics perception is reality.
    Yes but whatever he has done really does not take away from the problem, especially since he is only a small figurehead nowadays.

02-06-2015 12:22 PM
    Yes but whatever he has done really does not take away from the problem, especially since he is only a small figurehead nowadays.

In your eyes it doesn't, in some it does. People have blindly believed whatever they want for all of time. Look no further than the current issue with measles and the anti-vaccine demographic.
    02-06-2015 12:25 PM
    In your eyes it doesn't, in some it does. People have blindly believed whatever they want for all of time. Look no further than the current issue with measles and the anti-vaccine demographic.
    Blindly? Nothing to do with climate change has been some nonsense like the ant vaccine stuff. There is a difference between stupidity and an actual movement based on science.

02-06-2015 05:45 PM
    I would have to temper it in a more vulgar manner to demonstrate the difference between his gluttony and his ignorance of topics he pretends to understand such as gay/lesbian and women's issues.
    So you might be more receptive to Mike Huckabee's message if he were healthier?
    02-10-2015 07:47 PM
    So you might be more receptive to Mike Huckabee's message if he were healthier?
    Sure, if he were healthier mentally as well. And IMO religion a disease so once he shed his ignorant religious based ideology, sure if he were more logical and analytical. But not in his current form, both physically and mentally.
    02-10-2015 10:25 PM
    Sure, if he were healthier mentally as well.
    I'm willing to listen to other people's arguments. I find that getting different points of view can be very helpful, even if I don't agree with them.
    02-11-2015 05:51 PM
    I'm willing to listen to other people's arguments. I find that getting different points of view can be very helpful, even if I don't agree with them.
    But when someone bases those arguments on a book that was man-written several hundred years ago, I find it hard to listen to their argument. If they want to base their point of view on critical thinking then I'm more than happy to discuss topics with them. Once they start talking about how we need to ban 2 consenting adults from doing what pleases them because it says so in a "magical book", then that's where I have a problem taking them serious.

I'll even go one better for you. If Mike Huckabee were to argue that same sex couples should not be allowed to adopt or have a child through a surrogate because he thinks that child will have a non-traditional upbringing and will be subject to ridicule by other children, then I can have that discussion. I would also however, point out that even heterosexual couples have difficulty raising children under what he would consider "normal" circumstances". At that point I would then ask him if we're supposed to police parents' upbringing of children regardless of the sexual orientation of the parents, in the name of providing the best for said child. Show me more than just, "because the bible sayeth" as a valid argument because I've seen a lot of people overlook certain things the "bible sayeth" in order to serve whatever agenda they seek.
    palandri, A895 and GadgetGator like this.
    02-11-2015 07:37 PM
    Once they start talking about how we need to ban 2 consenting adults from doing what pleases them because it says so in a "magical book", then that's where I have a problem taking them serious.
    Even if we take religion out of the equation, do we allow 2 adults to do whatever they want, even if they are consenting?
    02-13-2015 01:35 AM
    Here are my thoughts:
    Here are more details about the quotes I posted.

"We believe that each of us is 'wonderfully made' in the image of God."
    - President Barack Obama (February 6, 2014)

"The full breadth of human knowledge is like a grain of sand in God’s hands. And there are some mysteries in this world we cannot fully comprehend. As it’s written in Job, 'God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways. He does great things beyond our understandings.'"
    - President Barack Obama (February 3, 2011)

You responded with a photo of Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson with the caption:

"I don't have an issue with what you do in the church, but I'm going to be up in your face if you're going to knock on my science classroom and tell me they've got to teach what you're teaching in your Sunday school. Because that's when we're going to fight."

So, you're expecting Neil deGrasse Tyson to fight with Barack Obama? That's very interesting.
    02-13-2015 12:37 PM
    Even if we take religion out of the equation, do we allow 2 adults to do whatever they want, even if they are consenting?

Two consenting adults that aren't participating in any illegal behavior with intent to harm someone else and are acting within the privacy of their own home? I don't see why we need laws that prevent them from doing that. If you want to draw the line at gay marriage and homosexual acts, I say why stop there? Why not draw the line at women dressing in anything but a burka or why not forbid a single woman to walk with a man whom she's not related to? The biggest problem I have when people try to enact morality laws, are they trying to enact the laws that they're ok with abiding by? How about a law that forbids people from writing with their left hand, that mandates people exercise at least 3 times a week, and watch Jon Stewart religiously? I'd have no problems setting those types of standards, as they're standards that I already practice.
    A895 likes this.
    02-13-2015 04:57 PM
    Uhm, yes. How is that a question?

02-13-2015 06:07 PM
    Uhm, yes. How is that a question?

I'm guessing he wanted me to answer with a "yes", in an attempt to get me with some sort of "gotcha" about drug dealers, or some pedo/bestiality scenario. Although, as far as drugs are concerned, I say legalize them all, let people ingest whatever they want. If the government is going to turn a blind eye to our garbage food supply, and big Pharmaceutical pushing its garbage, why try to protect us from recreational drug use? And for the record, I've never done an illegal recreational drug in my life and probably wouldn't do anything heavy if it were made legal.
    A895 likes this.
    02-13-2015 08:37 PM
    Here are more details about the quotes I posted.

"We believe that each of us is 'wonderfully made' in the image of God."
    - President Barack Obama (February 6, 2014)

"The full breadth of human knowledge is like a grain of sand in God’s hands. And there are some mysteries in this world we cannot fully comprehend. As it’s written in Job, 'God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways. He does great things beyond our understandings.'"
    - President Barack Obama (February 3, 2011)

You responded with a photo of Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson with the caption:

"I don't have an issue with what you do in the church, but I'm going to be up in your face if you're going to knock on my science classroom and tell me they've got to teach what you're teaching in your Sunday school. Because that's when we're going to fight."

So, you're expecting Neil deGrasse Tyson to fight with Barack Obama? That's very interesting.
    Stop smoking the green stuff. Obama said nothing about teaching creationism in science class.
    A895 likes this.
    02-13-2015 09:26 PM
    Yes, as long as no one else is being harmed, why wouldn't we?

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    02-14-2015 02:50 AM
    Speaking of right wing airheads whose political careers won't die, whose idea was it to have Sarah on SNL?

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/sarah-pali...214159953.html
    02-16-2015 06:40 PM
    Speaking of right wing airheads whose political careers won't die, whose idea was it to have Sarah on SNL?

I am so tired of her.
    02-16-2015 07:49 PM

You know, as much as I dislike the woman, she along with Tina Fey, gave some of the most memorable instant classic sketches. So I do think she had a place at the table. I rather see her than that blowhard Donald Trump.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-16-2015 09:50 PM
    I am so tired of her.
    She's like that one pathetic girl in school that tried to do whatever she could to fit in. If she had even 1/2 the brains that she thinks she does, then she'd be a viable politician (as they're usually not the smartest people in the first place). She does for the most part need to disappear into obscurity as far as I'm concerned.
    02-16-2015 11:44 PM
216 ... 56789