03-24-2015 05:55 PM
216 ... 6789
tools
    Obama said nothing about teaching creationism in science class.
    I merely provided two direct quotes from Obama. You certainly don't have to agree with him.

Fun fact: Obama used 3 Bibles when he took the oath of office.

For the public ceremony, he used the Bibles from Abraham Lincoln and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

For the private ceremony, he used the Bible from Michelle's family, the Robinson family Bible.

Apparently, Obama likes the Bible a lot.
    02-24-2015 07:32 PM
    I merely provided two direct quotes from Obama. You certainly don't have to agree with him.

Fun fact: Obama used 3 Bibles when he took the oath of office.

For the public ceremony, he used the Bibles from Abraham Lincoln and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

For the private ceremony, he used the Bible from Michelle's family, the Robinson family Bible.

Apparently, Obama likes the Bible a lot.
    And yet the right accuse him of being Muslim because he won't call ISIS "Muslim-terrorists". I still can't understand why the right wing nutbags demand he call them "muslim-terrorists". It's like they are hoping for another holy war.
    02-24-2015 10:52 PM
    And yet the right accuse him of being Muslim because he won't call ISIS "Muslim-terrorists". I still can't understand why the right wing nutbags demand he call them "muslim-terrorists". It's like they are hoping for another holy war.
    Well, at least we agree that President Obama is a devout Christian who holds the Bible in high regard.

As far as ISIS goes, do they have any members who are not Muslim? Are there any non-Muslim terrorists within their organization?
    02-25-2015 12:45 AM
    Well, at least we agree that President Obama is a devout Christian who holds the Bible in high regard.

As far as ISIS goes, do they have any members who are not Muslim? Are there any non-Muslim terrorists within their organization?
    Pretty sure there is. I mean they recruit just about anyone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-25-2015 06:09 AM
    Pretty sure there is. I mean they recruit just about anyone.
    What is the percentage of non-Muslims compared to Muslims in ISIS?
    02-25-2015 06:33 AM
    What is the percentage of non-Muslims compared to Muslims in ISIS?
    How can I answer that? ISIS doesn't give its members a census survey to answer.

02-25-2015 09:05 AM

I don't think he's as devout a Christian that everyone thinks he is (which I don't consider it a bad thing). Do you actually think that they would let the President be inaugurated by holding his hand during the oath over another book? I'd have no problem with a President putting his hand on a science book to be quite honest.
    02-25-2015 07:29 PM
    I suspect there are a fair number of them who DO want a holy war. There are a lot of nuts on the Christian side of things too. Only they aren't cutting off heads. And sometimes the nuttiness is brought out in people over things like beheadings...an eye for an eye and we all go down the rabbit hole together approach.

And that attitude is what holds us back as a species. Think what we could have and how much better things would be if all that effort was put into building great cities, solving disease and hunger issues, and reaching for the stars. Instead we spend it trying to kill each other and blowing stuff up. It's rather stupid.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-26-2015 01:11 PM
    I suspect there are a fair number of them who DO want a holy war. There are a lot of nuts on the Christian side of things too. Only they aren't cutting off heads. And sometimes the nuttiness is brought out in people over things like beheadings...an eye for an eye and we all go down the rabbit hole together approach.

And that attitude is what holds us back as a species. Think what we could have and how much better things would be if all that effort was put into building great cities, solving disease and hunger issues, and reaching for the stars. Instead we spend it trying to kill each other and blowing stuff up. It's rather stupid.

I personally think that those with all the power and control really want this conflict. Without the conflict, and if we were to attack the things that really matter, most of us would come to our senses and realize that the extremely wealthy and powerful don't want us to improve ourselves as a species because then they would lose their control by default. If no one was poor or hungry then none of us could be exploited by those that control power. They would lose that control over the rest of us.
    02-26-2015 08:32 PM
    How can I answer that? ISIS doesn't give its members a census survey to answer.
    Well, let's take a look at their name:

Islamic
    State of
    Iraq and
    Syria

By taking the first letter of each line, you spell out ISIS.

Islamic refers to the religion of Islam, which is what Muslims follow.

Therefore, ISIS is a group of Muslim terrorists.
    02-26-2015 09:59 PM
    I suspect there are a fair number of them who DO want a holy war. There are a lot of nuts on the Christian side of things too. Only they aren't cutting off heads.
    That's the big distinction. When you see the atrocities that ISIS has committed on innocent civilians (like cutting off their heads), it's easy to see why Obama would want authorization to use military force.
    02-27-2015 04:17 AM
    Uhm, yes. How is that a question?
    Then you should have no problem amending the Constitution.
    02-27-2015 04:30 AM
    Yes, as long as no one else is being harmed, why wouldn't we?
    So, should we simply abolish marriage for everyone? That way everyone is equal, gay or straight.
    02-27-2015 04:39 AM
    Well, let's take a look at their name:

Islamic
    State of
    Iraq and
    Syria

By taking the first letter of each line, you spell out ISIS.

Islamic refers to the religion of Islam, which is what Muslims follow.

Therefore, ISIS is a group of Muslim terrorists.
    They are a group of terrorists, but giving them the classification as a group of Muslims is incorrect.

02-28-2015 11:44 AM
    Then you should have no problem amending the Constitution.
    I'll definitely vote for the people who will.

02-28-2015 11:45 AM
    So, should we simply abolish marriage for everyone? That way everyone is equal, gay or straight.
    That is not what he meant, and you know that.

02-28-2015 11:46 AM
    They are a group of terrorists, but giving them the classification as a group of Muslims is incorrect.

It's just some peoples' way of justifying their racism. I have to admit, I have to temper my judgment of Christians in general when I see/hear about something stupid that a Christian person does, like when that bonehead in Florida wanted to have a mass Quran burning. As I have said multiple times, I think a lot of Christians believe that we are on the brink of an apocalyptic showdown that is supposed to bring the "2nd coming". What I think is funny is based on what limited knowledge I have on this supposed "Apocalypse", not many people are going to be judged as "Worthy", yet for some reason a lot of "Christian" people think they've lived well enough to be "picked". I'm guessing they're not aware of their odds....
    A895 and GadgetGator like this.
    02-28-2015 06:18 PM
    At least we can agree that ISIS is a group of terrorists.

So, why do you think ISIS uses the term "Islamic" in the name of their organization?
    03-03-2015 04:51 AM
    That is not what he meant, and you know that.
    Then he is certainly welcome to clarify his position on the matter in his own words.

As far as marriage is concerned, I'm thinking that abolishing it for everyone is the best way to ensure equality.

Giving people benefits because they are married is like giving some runners a head-start in a marathon race. If you eliminate marriage (and the benefits associated with marriage), you're basically putting all of the runners back at the starting line.

No one gets a head-start; no one gets a benefit. Everyone is equal.
    03-03-2015 05:06 AM
    At least we can agree that ISIS is a group of terrorists.

So, why do you think ISIS uses the term "Islamic" in the name of their organization?
    They want more legitimacy than they deserve.

03-03-2015 11:26 AM
    You sure ask a lot of questions. A LOT. And a lot of them, like this one make no sense. As if that could happen. As if people would accept that. Not gonna happen.

03-03-2015 04:32 PM
    I'm sure glad Romney didn't win in 2012. I'm thinking we'd be in the middle of some war by now with his friend "bibi".

Bad relationship gets worse for Obama, Netanyahu - CNN.com

I wish this guy would get the hell out of this country and take the GOP politicians that invited him here with him. Trying to force our foreign policy which may lead us to war seems a bit treasonous to me. If Israel wants to cut ties with Iran, that's fine. But for "Bibi" to insist that we need to force more sanctions on Iran for the benefit of his country, get the hell out of here! Here's to hoping that "Bibi" doesn't get re-elected in his country. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see some large corporate types donate money to his opposition to see how other countries like it when we try to sway their elections.
    03-03-2015 11:25 PM
    I'll definitely vote for the people who will.
    If no one pushes for an amendment to the Constitution, you won't have anything to vote for.
    03-04-2015 02:15 PM
    Two consenting adults that aren't participating in any illegal behavior with intent to harm someone else and are acting within the privacy of their own home? I don't see why we need laws that prevent them from doing that.
    There's probably not much of an issue if people keep it within the privacy of their own home. A gay couple can say that they are married inside their home. It's only a problem when they go outside their home and say that they are married. I can see people objecting to that.
    03-04-2015 02:25 PM
    You sure ask a lot of questions. A LOT. And a lot of them, like this one make no sense. As if that could happen. As if people would accept that. Not gonna happen.
    Eliminating marriage may lead to more freedom and equality.

For example, take hospital rules. If there is no such thing as marriage, patients will decide who may visit. They could extend or deny visitation rights to anyone they wanted.
    03-04-2015 02:36 PM
216 ... 6789