03-24-2015 05:55 PM
216 123 ...
tools
    So, with Romney dropping the hint that he most likely will run again, combined with Ryan saying he won't, it sounds like the dynamic duo might be putting the band back together.

So what do you think his chances of winning the GOP nomination is against a field that may include:

Rand Paul
    Jeb Bush
    Scott Walker
    Chris Christie
    Mike Huckabee
    Ben Carson
    Ted Cruz

Etc?

Does he have a chance? What do the Republicans here think?

Certainly the other potential candidates are already on the attack: Ted Cruz on Mitt Romney: No need for ‘mushy middle’ - Ben Schreckinger - POLITICO

And this morning Trump said 1) We don't need another Bush and 2) Romney already had his chance and he blew it.

Hmm..the first time I have agreed with Trump maybe ever.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-12-2015 07:39 PM
    We need another Bush like we need another Clinton. GTFO of politics already! Rand Paul makes sense in a lot of what he says, but he can come off as smug and pompous. Huckabee doesn't stand a chance. Ben Carson has less experience than Obama had and look where that's gotten us (I could see him possibly as VP on a ticket). Ted Cruz is a friggin nut job and should just go back to Texas. I like Christie but it's hard to tell how his no BS in your face approach plays out to the American public. Walker is probably the most solid candidate but not many know anything about him.
    01-13-2015 11:50 AM
    We need another Bush like we need another Clinton. GTFO of politics already! Rand Paul makes sense in a lot of what he says, but he can come off as smug and pompous. Huckabee doesn't stand a chance. Ben Carson has less experience than Obama had and look where that's gotten us (I could see him possibly as VP on a ticket). Ted Cruz is a friggin nut job and should just go back to Texas. I like Christie but it's hard to tell how his no BS in your face approach plays out to the American public. Walker is probably the most solid candidate but not many know anything about him.
    Wow. You narrowed things down quite a bit! I guess there are no good choices anymore.

01-13-2015 05:32 PM
    Simply pointing out their potential flaws. Neither side has a perfect candidate. I'd say 1. Walker 2. Christie
    01-13-2015 07:07 PM
    Simply pointing out their potential flaws. Neither side has a perfect candidate. I'd say 1. Walker 2. Christie
    I still think Bush has the best chance in the GOP primary. Sure he has the baggage of the Bush name, but I think he can rise above it. I think he has the calm temperament to have good debates. I'd put Walker at two. Although he could still have some skeletons lurking in the closet. I consider him a bit of a wild card at this point. Christie? Absolutely not because of his temper. A hot temper is just not diplomatic which also means it's not presidential either. Additionally, the bridge thing makes him look incompetent in not knowing what his closest staff members were up to, plus the credit rating of the state is tanking. It just doesn't look good for him.

Course as a gay person, none of them are suitable from my perspectives based on past comments. I just don't think someone is presidential material when they think some of the citizens they serve, shouldn't be equal. Though sometimes I wonder how much of that is just smokescreen (like Obama) vs. what they really believe. Hard to say.

01-13-2015 07:38 PM
    We need another Bush like we need another Clinton. GTFO of politics already! Rand Paul makes sense in a lot of what he says, but he can come off as smug and pompous. Huckabee doesn't stand a chance. Ben Carson has less experience than Obama had and look where that's gotten us (I could see him possibly as VP on a ticket). Ted Cruz is a friggin nut job and should just go back to Texas Canada. I like Christie but it's hard to tell how his no BS in your face approach plays out to the American public. Walker is probably the most solid candidate but not many know anything about him.
    I had to fix one of your statements. I know of a couple of red wingers out here that think he's great, but I think it's mostly because they like how he is a tea bagger thorn in Obama's side. Anyone that knows anything about politics in Texas knows that he's just a tea-soaked carpet bagger. I'd personally like to ship him and Beiber back to Canada although I'd like to see him run just so everyone can badger him with "Ok so you said Obama was from Kenya, and you're from Canada, so why aren't you protesting against yourself?"

I know a lot of comedians would like to see MItt run again. Here's my question for Mitt though, if he claims he didn't want to run in 2012 then why run again? Even Mitt Romney Didn’t Want Mitt Romney To Run For President In 2012 | Mediaite I can't imagine anyone backing someone that claims they didn't have their heart into it.

Out of all those candidates the only candidate I see that has a little more mass (no fat person joke intended) appeal than the others is Chris Christie. If he lost weight, I think he'd fare a little better since I know that the general public is a little shallow when it comes to our candidates. Scott Walker would meet with a lot of opposition from work unions and teamsters, but that might help him with those independents that think unions are bad.

From a general perspective though, I don't think I want to see another Clinton or Bush in the White House. Although, I give the ever slightest of edges to having Hillary in office just from a historical aspect. I also would like to see how Republican males would handle her as President given that they don't have the best record when it comes to female policy. I'm almost ready to vote for the best entertainment value at this point. Given that our government is in such gridlock and disarray, I can't really see how one candidate is going to be vastly different than another. They're all in the pocket of big money anyways.
    01-13-2015 08:14 PM
    Jeb Bush & Ben Carson. I would have liked Mike Huckabee & Chuck Norris. "Huck & Chuck", has a certain ring to it. Hey, if Hillary gets in, maybe she can get Monica to get under the desk for her.
    01-13-2015 09:54 PM
    I had to fix one of your statements. I know of a couple of red wingers out here that think he's great, but I think it's mostly because they like how he is a tea bagger thorn in Obama's side. Anyone that knows anything about politics in Texas knows that he's just a tea-soaked carpet bagger. I'd personally like to ship him and Beiber back to Canada although I'd like to see him run just so everyone can badger him with "Ok so you said Obama was from Kenya, and you're from Canada, so why aren't you protesting against yourself?"

I know a lot of comedians would like to see MItt run again. Here's my question for Mitt though, if he claims he didn't want to run in 2012 then why run again? Even Mitt Romney Didn’t Want Mitt Romney To Run For President In 2012 | Mediaite I can't imagine anyone backing someone that claims they didn't have their heart into it.

Out of all those candidates the only candidate I see that has a little more mass (no fat person joke intended) appeal than the others is Chris Christie. If he lost weight, I think he'd fare a little better since I know that the general public is a little shallow when it comes to our candidates. Scott Walker would meet with a lot of opposition from work unions and teamsters, but that might help him with those independents that think unions are bad.

From a general perspective though, I don't think I want to see another Clinton or Bush in the White House. Although, I give the ever slightest of edges to having Hillary in office just from a historical aspect. I also would like to see how Republican males would handle her as President given that they don't have the best record when it comes to female policy. I'm almost ready to vote for the best entertainment value at this point. Given that our government is in such gridlock and disarray, I can't really see how one candidate is going to be vastly different than another. They're all in the pocket of big money anyways.
    I don't care if they launch Cruz into outer space. The man is nothing more than a political hack who sole purpose is to do nothing more than to stir the pot. He is the Alan Grayson of the republican party.

I wouldn't rule out seeing Rubio on the ticket with someone like Walker or Christie.
    01-14-2015 09:50 AM
    Jeb Bush & Ben Carson. I would have liked Mike Huckabee & Chuck Norris. "Huck & Chuck", has a certain ring to it. Hey, if Hillary gets in, maybe she can get Monica to get under the desk for her.
    Imagine how much tail Bill could get when he has absolutely zero responsibility in the WH other than to fly off for photo ops in some remote village in Africa or to be an ambassador for a state reading campaign. I would bet the Lincoln bedroom would see a few midnight rapings transpire. When their one or two terms are over they might need a hazmat team or they might just flat out demo the room.
    01-14-2015 10:01 AM
    Imagine how much tail Bill could get when he has absolutely zero responsibility in the WH other than to fly off for photo ops in some remote village in Africa or to be an ambassador for a state reading campaign. I would bet the Lincoln bedroom would see a few midnight rapings transpire. When their one or two terms are over they might need a hazmat team or they might just flat out demo the room.

I've heard that Monica's blue dress + DNA is in the Smithsonian Museum.
    01-14-2015 11:01 AM
    Jeb Bush and Chris Christie...In a civil society you must have a moral order. Right versus wrong, good versus evil, just versus unjust, and means versus ends. They're not the same thing, and when we talk about moral order, you must have a moral order to have a rule of law, for the free market to work, to advance national security. There are not three branches to conservatism; there is Conservatism."
    01-14-2015 01:12 PM
    I've heard that Monica's blue dress + DNA is in the Smithsonian Museum.
    Yo momma is in the Smithsonian
    01-14-2015 01:28 PM
    Jeb Bush & Ben Carson. I would have liked Mike Huckabee & Chuck Norris. "Huck & Chuck", has a certain ring to it.
    I'd be hucking and chucking all right. Just thinking about the possibility of Huckabee even getting close to the White House is enough to bring on a reflux episode. Such a horribly ignorant man.

01-14-2015 03:39 PM
    At this point, I think the GOP would be better off throwing Ted Nugent out there.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    01-14-2015 03:41 PM
    I don't care if they launch Cruz into outer space. The man is nothing more than a political hack who sole purpose is to do nothing more than to stir the pot. He is the Alan Grayson of the republican party.

I wouldn't rule out seeing Rubio on the ticket with someone like Walker or Christie.
    I figured you'd like the fact that he stirs the pot.... Speaking of, mark your calendar you're getting your first "like" from me....
    01-14-2015 06:47 PM
    I'd be hucking and chucking all right. Just thinking about the possibility of Huckabee even getting close to the White House is enough to bring on a reflux episode. Such a horribly ignorant man.

haha, just recently they quoted "Huck" for telling Obama that he shouldn't let his daughters listen to Beyonce. That guy should worry about his love of the deadly sin of "Gluttony" before he tries to preach to someone else.

At this point, I think the GOP would be better off throwing Ted Nugent out there.
    If by "Out there" you mean a steep cliff, where do I contribute?
    01-14-2015 06:51 PM
    So what do you think his chances of winning the GOP nomination is against a field that may include:

Rand Paul
    Jeb Bush
    Scott Walker
    Chris Christie
    Mike Huckabee
    Ben Carson
    Ted Cruz
    I think Romney will be one of the final 3 out of that crowd. He'll raise a lot of money and campaign well. There's not any dirt that can come out on him, so there won't be any disaster that will derail his campaign. He also might be an attractive VP candidate for the eventual winner.
    01-14-2015 10:23 PM
    I'm nowhere near the hemisphere of Republican, but if I had to choose, I'd maybe shoot for Rand Paul or Chris Christie, maybe more Christie because being bluntly honest is nice, and he legendarily said after Hurricane Sandy that he didn't care about the election next week, he cared more about whoever could help his state recover.
    01-14-2015 10:30 PM
    I figured you'd like the fact that he stirs the pot.... Speaking of, mark your calendar you're getting your first "like" from me....
    I don't care what party it is, if your only purpose is to jump up and down and act like a clown, our country can do without that in it's legislative body. There was a split government, no one is going to get 100% their way. 50/50 or 51/49 is the most you can expect.
    01-15-2015 09:18 AM

What makes him ignorant?
    01-15-2015 09:19 AM
    Huckabee is a religious nutjob, and Christie is a fool. Even Republicans can be idiots. Democrats don't hold a monopoly on that. Being serious now, i would like to see Jeb Bush become President. You can't buy a Phi Beta Kappa from Yale, or any other University. He has the brains in that family, and with Ben Carson as his running mate, i think that he has a decent chance of winning.
    01-15-2015 09:35 AM
    I don't care what party it is, if your only purpose is to jump up and down and act like a clown, our country can do without that in it's legislative body. There was a split government, no one is going to get 100% their way. 50/50 or 51/49 is the most you can expect.
    The sad part is that some have already took on Rush Limbaugh's lead and decided that they want to make Obama look like an utter failure. What they have forgotten is that if he fails, America fails. If you have a problem with policy, bring it to the public and tell them why. The biggest problem with Obamacare is that it's a big gift to the insurance companies and it doesn't do anything to address the bigger issue, the outrageous prices of our healthcare.

What makes him ignorant?
    Mike Huckabee Actually Said This About Women Today | The Nation

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it’s a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And thats what we need to do is amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards rather than trying to change God’s standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family."
    "The point I'm trying to make is that, on the campaign trail, nobody's going to be able, if they've been campaigning as hard as we have been, to keep up with every single thing, from what happened to Britney last night to who won 'Dancing with the Stars.'" --explaining why he was unfamiliar with the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran's nuclear capability
    "If anybody wants to believe they're the descendants of a primate, they'e welcome to do it." --answering a question about evolution
    Stewart Grills Huckabee On Gay Marriage: 'At What Age Did You Choose Not To Be Gay?' | ThinkProgress

I don't see him as a viable candidate because his religion is what makes him ignorant to real problems that require an analytical mind to process. That and I don't want someone that believes in the rapture to have nuclear missile codes.....
    01-15-2015 06:56 PM
    What makes him ignorant?
    His view on gay people for one. But what really bothered me was a comment he made about a group of students I know.

They protested a new chic-fil-a opening when all that controversy came on. It was a very quiet peaceful protest. Basically they just stood there with signs. Huckabee, without ever knowing or even talking with these students, decided from his perch 3000 miles away to refer to them as militant activist. When in fact they are the most shy quiet nerdy types you ever could meet. Not "militant" at all.

While I wasn't too keen on him before, that comment just pushed him right over the edge for me.

01-16-2015 12:19 AM
    Huckabee is a religious nutjob, and Christie is a fool. Even Republicans can be idiots. Democrats don't hold a monopoly on that. Being serious now, i would like to see Jeb Bush become President. You can't buy a Phi Beta Kappa from Yale, or any other University. He has the brains in that family, and with Ben Carson as his running mate, i think that he has a decent chance of winning.
    I'm curious why Huckabee is a religious nutjob, but Ben Carson is not? He says similar crazy things and Jeb Bush would never take him on as a running mate. Too much liability. Expect Jeb to take on another establishment type should he get the nomination.

01-16-2015 12:26 AM
    I'm curious why Huckabee is a religious nutjob, but Ben Carson is not? He says similar crazy things and Jeb Bush would never take him on as a running mate. Too much liability. Expect Jeb to take on another establishment type should he get the nomination.

Well, he's a religious nutjob because he uses the Bible to justify his position against gay people. I know that this will come as a shock to you, but i have gay friends. Westboro Baptist Church does the same thing. I believe that what you said about that chic-fil-a protest is true, however, any group can protest violently, if pushed too far(Stonewall). If you attack one particular group because you find them offensive, what's next, left-handed people? They're a minority too. I would never really vote for Huckabee, but i do like the Bushwacker, and Ben Carson, as a respected doctor, who happens to be black, would definitely help the image of the Republican party.
    01-16-2015 09:29 AM
216 123 ...