04-10-2015 04:30 AM
142 1234 ...
tools
    The extent at which each race "encounters" racism is irrelevant. All racism is bad. Period. To claim otherwise and apologize for one group of people is counter productive. You can either fight for equality or against equality. There is no in between.

Either condemn all racist behavior(and those that participate) or be hypocritical and apologize.

Sent from my XT1096
    Irrelevant? No it's not. It's the root of the problem. Sure all racism is bad, but It's completely ignorant to compare the two in some sort of false equivalency. Generally speaking, whites and blacks experience life differently in this country. For all the reasons I and others have listed. Sure there are exceptions to that, but if you think white people and black people have the same experiences in a place like Ferguson, then you're really out of touch.

It seems like some of you want to be dismissive of the problems we have right now, despite evidence that keeps piling up. Or dismissive of our history which has led us to the way things are. The question I have, is why?

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:49 PM
    Irrelevant? No it's not. It's the root of the problem. Sure all racism is bad, but It's completely ignorant to compare the two in some sort of false equivalency. Generally speaking, whites and blacks experience life differently in this country. For all the reasons I and others have listed. Sure there are exceptions to that, but if you think white people and black people have the same experiences in a place like Ferguson, then you're really out of touch.

It seems like some of you want to be dismissive of the problems we have right now, despite evidence that keeps piling up. Or dismissive of our history which has led us to the way things are. The question I have, is why?

What happened in the past to someone else and by someone else is no reason to hate someone today that had nothing to do with it. If and when people are being mistreated currently is a completely different conversation. What happened 50+ years ago is not an excuse. Especially when the majority of the people having the debate were not even alive then. Even more so if you want to drag in slavery, which no one alive today has ever seen in this country.

I will be more than happy to have the conversation about racism as it exists today, but to ignore or apologize for the racism that is also exhibited by minorities is to be disingenuous to the conversation.

So my counter question is: Why are you scared to admit that racism exhibited by minorities is also part of the problem?

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 10:09 PM
    As it has been said several times, all racism is bad. You either hold everyone to the same standards, or you are part of the problem that is keeping everyone from being equal.

O yes, taking turns at 1.5+ g's for hundreds of laps while rowing gears and sawing at a steering wheel can be done by anyone. Especially when you consider having to keep precision reflexes for all those hours and worrying about other cars inches away, tire wear, whatever is wrong with the car, strategy for passing and being passed, and numerous other factors. I am sure that they just take average Joe's off the street for that...

Sent from my XT1096
    The fact that you think it's the same shows your ignorance. I'm not saying any racism is right, but it's like you insisting that shoplifting bread is the same thing as robbing a bank and killing some bank employees.

Nascar is a good ole boy activity. It's a good ole boy activity for a reason, because rednecks need to feel superior at something. Never mind the fact that any other minority group wouldn't be given a chance to race.
    A895 likes this.
    03-12-2015 10:24 PM
    What happened in the past to someone else and by someone else is no reason to hate someone today that had nothing to do with it. If and when people are being mistreated currently is a completely different conversation. What happened 50+ years ago is not an excuse. Especially when the majority of the people having the debate were not even alive then. Even more so if you want to drag in slavery, which no one alive today has ever seen in this country.

I will be more than happy to have the conversation about racism as it exists today, but to ignore or apologize for the racism that is also exhibited by minorities is to be disingenuous to the conversation.

So my counter question is: Why are you scared to admit that racism exhibited by minorities is also part of the problem?

Sent from my XT1096
    No one's scared to admit that some people are racist against white people. You pretending that they're both exactly the same is where your argument falls apart. Hell, look at the chants in the video I posted, these pieces of garbage were chanting that "no N@&#&$" were going to be allowed in their fraternity. That already indicates that these pieces of garbage are going to do their best to make sure that people of color do not get the same opportunities that they have. Where do you see people of color making such boastful and disgusting exclamations via song?
    A895 likes this.
    03-12-2015 10:37 PM

Sent from my XT1096
    Man do you have the blinders on. Slavery and all that has come before SET THE STAGE FOR WHAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING NOW. Why is that point lost on you? Not only was the stage set and the wheels of discrimination set in motion, but it still continues today. Recent news stories should tell you that.

But then people such as you, want to discard all that and deflect onto black against white racism. Okay...let's talk about that. What form of racism does the average white person experience from blacks? I've personally experienced a grand total of ZERO. I've never been stopped and frisked, never been pulled over for driving while white, never had racist cartoons and jokes made about me, never heard a black fraternity singing songs about lynching me and I bet most white people could say the same.

But go ahead...let's stick our heads in the sand and hold on to that false equivalency and pretend that whites and blacks experience the same things in life. No.....no they do not.

Smply_Rckless and A895 like this.
    03-12-2015 11:05 PM
    Man do you have the blinders on. Slavery and all that has come before SET THE STAGE FOR WHAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING NOW. Why is that point lost on you? Not only was the stage set and the wheels of discrimination set in motion, but it still continues today. Recent news stories should tell you that.

But then people such as you, want to discard all that and deflect onto black against white racism. Okay...let's talk about that. What form of racism does the average white person experience from blacks? I've personally experienced a grand total of ZERO. I've never been stopped and frisked, never been pulled over for driving while white, never had racist cartoons and jokes made about me, never heard a black fraternity singing songs about lynching me and I bet most white people could say the same.

But go ahead...let's stick our heads in the sand and hold on to that false equivalency and pretend that whites and blacks experience the same things in life. No.....no they do not.

Some people have a problem admitting that it exists. I'm not black and I have no problem admitting that there is deep rooted racism in this country. Just look at the disparity in public schools. Even the most basic of educations, black kids, and minority kids in general get a raw deal.
    03-13-2015 12:15 AM
    No matter how you classify it, hatred is hatred. Hating someone because they are different than you is a concept I just can not understand. Hatred is a learned trait. No child is born hating those that are different than itself. Misguided fools paint their own fears and ignorance and fears on an otherwise blank canvas.

“The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of an eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract.”

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    03-13-2015 01:07 AM

Sent from my XT1096
    You are either willfully missing the points previously laid out to you before or you are just don't care. Either way you are just wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-13-2015 04:47 AM
    Lol everyone here is basically saying: "it's ok. They're a minority. They can hate whomever they want for whatever reason. I'm sure they have been horribly mistreated their whole lives by all those evil white people."

That is such an incredibly demeaning of a view to have. To hold them to an entirely different standard and then apologize for them is insulting at best.

And also, anyone can feel free to point out where I stated that minorities and white people have the same experiences or belittled racism. I'll wait... In fact all of you are the ones belittling racism.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 07:37 AM
    Lol everyone here is basically saying: "it's ok. They're a minority. They can hate whomever they want for whatever reason. I'm sure they have been horribly mistreated their whole lives by all those evil white people."

That is such an incredibly demeaning of a view to have. To hold them to an entirely different standard and then apologize for them is insulting at best.

And also, anyone can feel free to point out where I stated that minorities and white people have the same experiences or belittled racism. I'll wait... In fact all of you are the ones belittling racism.

Sent from my XT1096
    Why are you trying to paint black people as racists? What legitimate thing can you say that black people have done that is racist towards white people?

You can't because there hasn't. On the other hand black people have been systematically discriminated against in every way for literally hundreds of years in this country, and when some black people say some racist remarks, people like you like to play the race card.

But then get mad and stomp your feet when actually racial things like unarmed black men shootings, and the amount of black people who get thrown in jail have the race card pulled out.

So in your mind racial words are more racist than even more racist actions and injustices black people face everyday.

You can't pull the racist card when an actual race of people get discriminated against in large volumes even today. Let's cut the BS, and stop it.

White people pulling the racist card is laughable. White people are and have been in the past the biggest racists in history. You get your feelings hurt over some stuff on the internet and some black people not wanting to associate with white people? Whoop de freaking doo.

Another black man who was unarmed was shot in Georgia recently. Someone lost their life. But we aren't allowed to pull the racist card? Give me a freaking break.

The longer people like you scream "reverse racism" the more REAL racism faced by black people will continue to be ignored in the country and be trivialized.

03-13-2015 09:54 AM
    Why are you trying to paint black people as racists? What legitimate thing can you say that black people have done that is racist towards white people?

You can't because there hasn't. On the other hand black people have been systematically discriminated against in every way for literally hundreds of years in this country, and when some black people say some racist remarks, people like you like to play the race card.

But then get mad and stomp your feet when actually racial things like unarmed black men shootings, and the amount of black people who get thrown in jail have the race card pulled out.

So in your mind racial words are more racist than even more racist actions and injustices black people face everyday.

You can't pull the racist card when an actual race of people get discriminated against in large volumes even today. Let's cut the BS, and stop it.

White people pulling the racist card is laughable. White people are and have been in the past the biggest racists in history. You get your feelings hurt over some stuff on the internet and some black people not wanting to associate with white people? Whoop de freaking doo.

Another black man who was unarmed was shot in Georgia recently. Someone lost their life. But we aren't allowed to pull the racist card? Give me a freaking break.

The longer people like you scream "reverse racism" the more REAL racism faced by black people will continue to be ignored in the country and be trivialized.

My only point is that racism is not a trait exclusive to any race. If you want to truly make a stand against racism, you have to condemn it in all forms.

I am not saying it is bad to focus on one race or another for the betterment of a discussion, but completely dismissing racism exhibited by one of the races involved is disingenuous to the problem and shows that your goal is retribution and not equality or the betterment of society.

I will not insult an entire group of people by assuming they have all had terrible lives because of the white people around them. I feel it is demeaning to whomever and I have more respect other people. I will also not paint all of any race(as you imply I have, but I have not) as racist for similar reasons. Other people in this thread obviously have no problem insinuating that the majority of white people are racist. I call racism as I see it and am unbiased.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 10:14 AM
    My only point is that racism is not a trait exclusive to any race. If you want to truly make a stand against racism, you have to condemn it in all forms.

I am not saying it is bad to focus on one race or another for the betterment of a discussion, but completely dismissing racism exhibited by one of the races involved is disingenuous to the problem and shows that your goal is retribution and not equality or the betterment of society.

I will not insult an entire group of people by assuming they have all had terrible lives because of the white people around them. I feel it is demeaning to whomever and I have more respect other people. I will also not paint all of any race(as you imply I have, but I have not) as racist for similar reasons. Other people in this thread obviously have no problem insinuating that the majority of white people are racist. I call racism as I see it and am unbiased.

Sent from my XT1096
    If you want to make a stand against racism stand against actually tangible racism like the kind I spoke above about. Otherwise it shouldn't even be mentioned. You can't stop people from speaking their mind, you can do something about these unarmed black people being shot.

03-13-2015 11:00 AM

Sent from my XT1096
    Unbiased? LOL Not even close. You continue to put words into people's mouths that they did not say.

No one here has said racism by blacks is okay. Not a single person. No one has said the majority of whites are evil or racist either. Not a single person. But you run other people's words through your own bias and that is what you get out of the discussion.

Maybe instead of trying to put words into other people's mouths and trying to read between lines that are not there, you should listen to what we are actually saying.

03-13-2015 11:07 AM
    If you want to make a stand against racism stand against actually tangible racism like the kind I spoke above about. Otherwise it shouldn't even be mentioned. You can't stop people from speaking their mind, you can do something about these unarmed black people being shot.

As discussed in other threads, unarmed black men being shot does not automatically equal racism. There are situations protected by law under which it is okay to use lethal force against someone even if they are unarmed. Are these situations suspect by nature? Of course they are and should be investigated as such. But an unarmed black man being shot by a police officer is not an automatic hate crime. The facts surrounding the situation determine whether or not race or was a factor and whether or not lethal force was warranted. An investigation by a third party needs to be conducted.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 11:26 AM
    Unbiased? LOL Not even close. You continue to put words into people's mouths that they did not say.

No one here has said racism by blacks is okay. Not a single person. No one has said the majority of whites are evil or racist either. Not a single person. But you run other people's words through your own bias and that is what you get out of the discussion.

Maybe instead of trying to put words into other people's mouths and trying to read between lines that are not there, you should listen to what we are actually saying.

It has been implied several times that racism by blacks is justified based on past events.

It was also explicitly stated that someone believed that fans of Nascar were only fans because there were no black drivers.

Maybe you should listen to what I am saying?

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 11:31 AM
    It has been implied several times that racism by blacks is justified based on past events.

It was also explicitly stated that someone believed that fans of Nascar were only fans because there were no black drivers.

Maybe you should listen to what I am saying?

Sent from my XT1096
    Justified? No it hasn't. UNDERSTANDING where it comes from is not the same thing as condoning it. Not a single person here has said that racism against whites is justified. Not a single one. Nor has it been implied.

While I don't agree with the NASCAR example, even that doesn't imply that all whites are racist towards blacks. No one has said that.

So...are you done with your deflection onto those horrible racist blacks now? This is why people like me keep thinking you are trying to draw a comparison and are saying all racism is the same. Because when the actual many examples of racism against blacks is listed, you say "but what about blacks and their racism!" Rather then asking why they would feel that way in the first place. And rather than looking at how blacks to this day, are still being discriminated in a number of ways. Ways in which white people are not and have no equivalents.

A895 likes this.
    03-13-2015 11:49 AM
    As discussed in other threads, unarmed black men being shot does not automatically equal racism. There are situations protected by law under which it is okay to use lethal force against someone even if they are unarmed. Are these situations suspect by nature? Of course they are and should be investigated as such. But an unarmed black man being shot by a police officer is not an automatic hate crime. The facts surrounding the situation determine whether or not race or was a factor and whether or not lethal force was warranted. An investigation by a third party needs to be conducted.

Sent from my XT1096
    You don't think it is suspicious at all, the alarming amount of unarmed black male shootings? I implore you to visit live leak and worldstarhiphop and search "unarmed" and you will get tons of videos in the past 12 months of black men getting shot to death.

It is a problem that has been prevelant for decades, it is only just now catching mainstream media attention. Any black man in the know will tell you police brutality and bias against blacks is nothing new at all.

03-13-2015 02:14 PM
    You don't think it is suspicious at all, the alarming amount of unarmed black male shootings? I implore you to visit live leak and worldstarhiphop and search "unarmed" and you will get tons of videos in the past 12 months of black men getting shot to death.

It is a problem that has been prevelant for decades, it is only just now catching mainstream media attention. Any black man in the know will tell you police brutality and bias against blacks is nothing new at all.

Of course I think that it is collectively suspicious, but my ultimate conclusion is not based solely on race. I do not automatically believe that the whole police force is racist. My conclusion is also based on crime rates in communities that suffer from high poverty(which statistically have high minority populations). The collective problem(imo) is divided between police training and stereo typing(a form of racism but also has to do with crime rates in specific areas).

Does that mean I automatically believe that none of the police in these situations are minority-hating racists? No, but I also do not automatically believe that they are. I wait for the facts to decide if racism was involved on a personal level.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 02:43 PM
    Justified? No it hasn't. UNDERSTANDING where it comes from is not the same thing as condoning it. Not a single person here has said that racism against whites is justified. Not a single one. Nor has it been implied.

While I don't agree with the NASCAR example, even that doesn't imply that all whites are racist towards blacks. No one has said that.

So...are you done with your deflection onto those horrible racist blacks now? This is why people like me keep thinking you are trying to draw a comparison and are saying all racism is the same. Because when the actual many examples of racism against blacks is listed, you say "but what about blacks and their racism!" Rather then asking why they would feel that way in the first place. And rather than looking at how blacks to this day, are still being discriminated in a number of ways. Ways in which white people are not and have no equivalents.

If you can quote where I said anything remotely close to "horrible racist blacks", I would appreciate it. Until then, you can stop putting words in my mouth.

I didn't bring up minority racism, I merely contributed to the conversation and pointed out the hypocrisy associated with apologizing for it.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 02:48 PM
    If you can quote where I said anything remotely close to "horrible racist blacks", I would appreciate it. Until then, you can stop putting words in my mouth.

I didn't bring up minority racism, I merely contributed to the conversation and pointed out the hypocrisy associated with apologizing for it.

Sent from my XT1096
    Ah...I see. You only want to do it to others, not have it done to you. And you just did it yet again with the apologizing comment.

Let's get things straight here.

All racism is bad.
    But not everyone is experiencing racism in the same way. You can't continue to ignore that fact. I have yet to even see comparable examples posted. Until the discrimination against blacks stops, and until blacks have a true equal shot at opportunity, the cycle will continue.

White cops in particular, must be trained better and bad cops weeded out. Further, the federal government must start paying attention to Ferguson type towns where discrimination has been going on for a long time but nothing was done. This only builds resentment. Instead, proactive measures must be taken to clean these places up and get rid of racist cops, and city officials. And never ever should stupid profiling policies like stop and frisk be in place anywhere. Only then, will the tide start to turn.

A895 likes this.
    03-13-2015 03:25 PM
    Ah...I see. You only want to do it to others, not have it done to you. And you just did it yet again with the apologizing comment.

Let's get things straight here.

All racism is bad.
    But not everyone is experiencing racism in the same way. You can't continue to ignore that fact. I have yet to even see comparable examples posted. Until the discrimination against blacks stops, and until blacks have a true equal shot at opportunity, the cycle will continue.

White cops in particular, must be trained better and bad cops weeded out. Further, the federal government must start paying attention to Ferguson type towns where discrimination has been going on for a long time but nothing was done. This only builds resentment. Instead, proactive measures must be taken to clean these places up and get rid of racist cops, and city officials. And never ever should stupid profiling policies like stop and frisk be in place anywhere. Only then, will the tide start to turn.

Well said.

03-13-2015 06:16 PM
    Of course I think that it is collectively suspicious, but my ultimate conclusion is not based solely on race. I do not automatically believe that the whole police force is racist. My conclusion is also based on crime rates in communities that suffer from high poverty(which statistically have high minority populations). The collective problem(imo) is divided between police training and stereo typing(a form of racism but also has to do with crime rates in specific areas).

Does that mean I automatically believe that none of the police in these situations are minority-hating racists? No, but I also do not automatically believe that they are. I wait for the facts to decide if racism was involved on a personal level.

Sent from my XT1096
    Facts have proven that in cities like Ferguson ARE racially biased against minorities especially since the majority of Ferguson's police department is white. So yes stereotyping is racist.

Just because you see a black man in a bad neighborhood don't mean he is some thug automatically. That is the issue. How many blogs and media outlets called Trayvon Martin and Michal Brown thugs when they are far from it? It is sickening media throws that around like it is a slur.

03-13-2015 06:19 PM
    Further, the federal government must start paying attention to Ferguson type towns where discrimination has been going on for a long time but nothing was done.
    Kinda hard to take statements like this seriously when the incident sparking the racist outrage was a justified act regardless of race and the movement's chant was literally a lie. This is why you see so much cynicism regarding race issues. So many of the ones that actually make the news are based on false information, people jumping to conclusions, or just flat out hoaxes. Not just for race, but other hot button issues as well.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 06:21 PM
    Kinda hard to take statements like this seriously when the incident sparking the racist outrage was a justified act regardless of race and the movement's chant was literally a lie.
    So much ignorance. My god, I almost fainted.

03-13-2015 09:16 PM
    So much ignorance. My god, I almost fainted.
    Please, enlighten me as to why I should jump behind movements based on lies and hoaxes?
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-13-2015 09:40 PM
142 1234 ...