04-10-2015 04:30 AM
142 ... 23456
tools
    Some of you act like college students never did anything stupid before. I'm not excusing their actions, but to say there's no chance at bettering themselves shows the same bigotry in you.
    I am in college and I am not shouting racist chants. They are aware of what they did, they aren't damn kids. These are people in their 20s, they should be well accountable for bigotry in 2015.

If anything this event further shows the underlying bigotry and racism in long standing school organizations such as frats. Not to mention hazing which actually has led to people's death in other schools.

Or the pure misandry such as recently a girl was gang raped at a frat. Frats are a cancer on the college education system and do nothing but distract and add little to long term benefits, I say get rid of them.

And family told me to join one, hell no. I know what goes down to get into some of them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2015 10:12 PM
    Also catt of the Moon, it is a sad fact that people rarely ever change. I am not saying that no one ever has, just that very few of them do. One can not introduce logic to an illogically mind. Does anyone actually believe they can sit down and reason with a member of isis? Reason can not be comprehended by the unreasonable.
    A895 likes this.
    03-24-2015 11:27 PM
    Or the pure misandry such as recently a girl was gang raped at a frat.
    Please tell me you're not talking about that Rolling Stone article that turned out to be bogus.
    03-25-2015 03:53 AM
    Thanks for that, I didn't know she lied. I'm reading the NYT article now and it seems she mat have did something (participated in a gang bang) but was ashamed and lied that they raped her.

But interestingly enough in that same article they mention a black student was arrested and beaten by cops on the same campus. They said the cops "acted with unnecessary force".

Mooncatt likes this.
    03-25-2015 06:47 AM
    Some of you act like college students never did anything stupid before. I'm not excusing their actions, but to say there's no chance at bettering themselves shows the same bigotry in you.
    Sure, another false equivalence, why not? Separate but equal right? Sure.....
    03-25-2015 07:05 AM
    I hadn't heard about the cop beating, but you're welcome otherwise.

Along the same lines, what about the "activist lawyer" that put up fake whites only signs on Austin businesses? The Rolling Stone article could be called bad journalism, but the signs were a flat out hoax. I personally don't agree with stunts like that to spark debate on an issue because the hoax dilutes any legitimate issue that may exist.
    03-25-2015 07:07 AM
    I am in college and I am not shouting racist chants. They are aware of what they did, they aren't damn kids. These are people in their 20s, they should be well accountable for bigotry in 2015.

If anything this event further shows the underlying bigotry and racism in long standing school organizations such as frats. Not to mention hazing which actually has led to people's death in other schools.

Or the pure misandry such as recently a girl was gang raped at a frat. Frats are a cancer on the college education system and do nothing but distract and add little to long term benefits, I say get rid of them.

And family told me to join one, hell no. I know what goes down to get into some of them.

C'mon now, it's just rape, everyone did "stupid stuff" in college.... /sarcasm

Also catt of the Moon, it is a sad fact that people rarely ever change. I am not saying that no one ever has, just that very few of them do. One can not introduce logic to an illogically mind. Does anyone actually believe they can sit down and reason with a member of isis? Reason can not be comprehended by the unreasonable.
    You bring up a good point, look at how our society and some people like Mooncatt are more prone to forgive some people yet are ready to commit genocide on another group of people. I look at how "justice" took place in the NFL. You have a player like Michael Vick, who performed a disgusting act. His case was handled swiftly and without a 2nd thought (I don't disagree with his punishment). Look at someone like Ben Roethlisberger, accused of rape TWICE, yet no jail time served and a few games suspended from the NFL.

Our justice system tends to practice under the same rules it would seem. If you look at how much harsher sentences are for people of color, when people try to empathize with this piece of garbage, it reveals a lot about their own views and shows you why our justice system is so biased. Same thing with the punk kid in this area that killed some people because he was under aged drinking and won out on the defense of "Influenza". The judge probably had no problem empathizing with him, but if this was some kid from the ghetto, she probably would've given him the maximum allowed legal limit because she thought "an animal like that needs to be made an example of". Racism via lack of empathy can be more toxic than racism itself. Where flat out racism can be compared to a pothole that is visible and can be avoided, racism via lack of empathy can fester like a sinkhole until it swallows you up.
    A895 likes this.
    03-25-2015 06:58 PM
    You bring up a good point, look at how our society and some people like Mooncatt are more prone to forgive some people yet are ready to commit genocide on another group of people.
    Excuse you? I never said I forgive these kids yet. Maybe in time if they get mature about the issue, but I'm not automatically shutting them down to any chance at redemption like several of you have done. It has nothing to do with who they are other than young and dumb. And to say I'm ready to commit genocide on any group is just slanderous.
    03-25-2015 08:21 PM
    Excuse you? I never said I forgive these kids yet. Maybe in time if they get mature about the issue, but I'm not automatically shutting them down to any chance at redemption like several of you have done. It has nothing to do with who they are other than young and dumb. And to say I'm ready to commit genocide on any group is just slanderous.

The only reason these "young and dumb" individuals are seeking a chance at redemption is because they were caught. I am willing to bet my left and right testicles that if there was no video evidence, they would not just up and apologize for their momentary lapse of reason.
    A895 likes this.
    03-25-2015 08:38 PM
    Sounds like you're ready to dismiss their actions because you think they're just "immature kids" or "Just going through a phase". Like I said, racism via empathy.
    03-25-2015 08:44 PM
    Sounds like you're ready to dismiss their actions because you think they're just "immature kids" or "Just going through a phase". Like I said, racism via empathy.
    Sounds like you're reading for what you want and not what's actually being said. But I guess you'd rather be judge, jury, and executioner for their entire lives based on a short video. I thought progressives was supposed to be the party of tolerance and forgiveness, but I guess that only applies if you're one of their special "protected" classes.
    03-25-2015 09:21 PM
    Young and dumb isn't an excuse. Or is racism pure and simple. Are they short bus kids who can't control their mouths? No they aren't. Their adults, let's treat them like such. Everyone always has an excuse for young white people, but what of it was a group of black people saying things racists towards whites?

Then we would several articles of how Daquan was suspended in school for fighting. Or how James didn't have a father. Or how one had a DUI. Then we would get a lot of people put for blood saying "get rid of this frat and try to get some charges brought up" or "take those thugs back to the hood and out of college with civilized young adults".

Lol, people are color blind and don't realize it.

03-25-2015 09:24 PM
    Sounds like you're reading for what you want and not what's actually being said. But I guess you'd rather be judge, jury, and executioner for their entire lives based on a short video. I thought progressives was supposed to be the party of tolerance and forgiveness, but I guess that only applies if you're one of their special "protected" classes.
    How can you forgive bigotry?

03-25-2015 09:25 PM
    How can you forgive bigotry?
    You're confusing forgiveness with acceptance, and I've yet to say I forgive them. Considering I don't even know them, it's unlikely I'll ever know if they moved on or kept racist views. So to say I will eventually forgive them is a slim possibility at best.
    03-25-2015 09:35 PM
    One can forgive, but one should never forget. Knowing that these students had this mentality at one point, them having to bear the fruit of their racist acts should live with them until it's naturally forgotten.
    Forgiveness is definitely important, so I'm glad that you haven't taken it off the table.

I find your idea of never forgetting versus natural forgetting very intriguing.
    03-25-2015 09:39 PM
    Unless these sacks of snot forgive themselves (which is about as possible as me waking up to Kaley Cuoco tomorrow) society's forgiveness will mean very little. As I have said, they are only sorry because they were caught. Dark minds refuse to let the light shine in, that's why they wear blinders. People who think like they do, with a superiority complex would really only change if something completely life altering shattered their pristine little bubble. Perhaps we need Rod Serling to take this kids to the zone, only while there, they are dark skinned and they get beaten and hung, because of their skin color. That just might change their view a smidgen.
    A895 likes this.
    03-25-2015 09:55 PM
    You're confusing forgiveness with acceptance, and I've yet to say I forgive them. Considering I don't even know them, it's unlikely I'll ever know if they moved on or kept racist views. So to say I will eventually forgive them is a slim possibility at best.
    You've already defended them by claiming it's normal for college aged kids. So the kids that leave to join ISIS, they're just being dumb kids too right?
    A895 likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:14 PM
    You've already defended them by claiming it's normal for college aged kids. So the kids that leave to join ISIS, they're just being dumb kids too right?
    Just the comfortably well off Caucasian ones.

Have you learned nothing from this? Now, get to the back of the bus!
    A895 likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:18 PM
    Unless these sacks of snot forgive themselves (which is about as possible as me waking up to Kaley Cuoco tomorrow) society's forgiveness will mean very little. As I have said, they are only sorry because they were caught. Dark minds refuse to let the light shine in, that's why they wear blinders. People who think like they do, with a superiority complex would really only change if something completely life altering shattered their pristine little bubble. Perhaps we need Rod Serling to take this kids to the zone, only while there, they are dark skinned and they get beaten and hung, because of their skin color. That just might change their view a smidgen.
    Wasn't there a movie about that where John Travolta belonged to a white minority group and Harry Belafonte was part of the black elite? White Man's Burden (1995) - IMDb
    03-25-2015 10:19 PM
    If there was a short video of a dark skinned man stomping the existence out of a Caucasian woman, you could bet you bottom dollar, society would most assuredly play judge, jury, and executioner because of it.
    A895 likes this.
    03-26-2015 10:52 AM
    If there was a short video of a dark skinned man stomping the existence out of a Caucasian woman, you could bet you bottom dollar, society would most assuredly play judge, jury, and executioner because of it.
    You're probably right, but there's a difference between saying something wrong and actually committing violence.
    03-26-2015 01:22 PM
    You're probably right, but there's a difference between saying something wrong and actually committing violence.
    Of course there is difference. Perhaps my statement was over exaggerated. The point is still the same. The majority of society, not every single member, but most of them, are willing to let the actions of the Caucasian slide, while they are quick to pass judgment on those people who are non-Caucasian. Again, but not so over the top this time. If a video of a group of young dark skinned kids shouting how the white man is the devil, and how all of them look down on people of color, there would be a tremendous backlash, these young "stupid" kids would be found guilty in the court of public opinion without a second thought. Whether you want to admit it or not, a sizeable amount of prejudice still exists for people well off in the melanin content of their skin.
    A895 likes this.
    03-26-2015 03:08 PM
    They will never truly be sorry. Their true colors shone through.
    Is there any benefit for racist people to change their ways to become more tolerant and accepting of other people?

There are some people who will never change, and we have the right to express our condemnation for those people.

Others may realize the error of their ways and give up their racism.

I don't think it's fair to lump former racists who have reformed with people who have been and will continue to be racists for the rest of their lives.
    03-26-2015 06:17 PM
    Is there any benefit for racist people to change their ways to become more tolerant and accepting of other people?

There are some people who will never change, and we have the right to express our condemnation for those people.

Others may realize the error of their ways and give up their racism.

I don't think it's fair to lump former racists who have reformed with people who have been and will continue to be racists for the rest of their lives.
    Yes, there is a benefit. A benefit to all of mankind. For every person who was once consumed with hate, who now sees the error of their ways, we, as a society, are one step closer to peace and unity. And I truly applaud these people. But, like you said. some of us will never change. That is the sad, ugly truth of humanity.
    A895 likes this.
    03-26-2015 06:32 PM
    Yes, there is a benefit. A benefit to all of mankind. For every person who was once consumed with hate, who now sees the error of their ways, we, as a society, are one step closer to peace and unity. And I truly applaud these people.
    This is why we need to take each person on a case by case basis.

Some members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon will probably be racists for their entire lives. We do not have to tolerate these people.

Others will reform and renounce their racism. You would forgive them and allow them to integrate back into society. Is that correct?
    03-26-2015 06:48 PM
142 ... 23456