04-10-2015 04:30 AM
142 ... 456
tools
    You didn't report your racist co-worker to your boss?
    You don't work in Corporate America do you? If you report one person, and that person has a friend, then you've automatically put a mark on your back. In corporate America, it's best to choose your battles.
    04-08-2015 07:14 PM
    You don't work in Corporate America do you? If you report one person, and that person has a friend, then you've automatically put a mark on your back. In corporate America, it's best to choose your battles.
    That's the problem with corporate America. Hatred runs deep in its veins. And it's very difficult endorse harmony when you have your head so far up your ***, that your tongue can taste last nights dinner.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:22 PM
    That's the problem with corporate America. Hatred runs deep in its veins. And it's very difficult endorse harmony when you have your head so far up your ***, that your tongue can taste last nights dinner.
    I think it's mostly because they're just about money and profit. Dealing with claims of racism is a liability for them. The only time they try to remedy stuff like that is when it's made public. Same goes for sexual harassment and other socially unacceptable behaviors.
    04-08-2015 08:49 PM
    If you report one person, and that person has a friend, then you've automatically put a mark on your back.
    Wait, are you saying that your own boss won't back you up if you report your racist coworker? You don't have any friends at all in management who would protect you?
    04-08-2015 09:10 PM
    Wait, are you saying that your own boss won't back you up if you report your racist coworker? You don't have any friends at all in management who would protect you?
    I'm thinking the person that is the target of the racism would have to be the one to report him. I know that the guy has those racist thoughts because he has expressed them on numerous occasions, but it would be my word against his. I'm not one to try and record someone for their ignorance. If I were witness to someone's racist behavior against someone and that person chose to file, you bet your **** (wow didn't know THAT WORD was censored) that I'd have no problem backing that person's report. I've actually asked one or two of my former black colleagues if they needed me to be a witness for them reporting racist behavior against them. I have heard the same thing, typically. "If I report it, there's more chance of me being black-listed when I go look for work elsewhere, and even if I win, what does that do for me? Do I get my job back where the racist environment is now even more toxic as no one would want to involve themselves with me for fear that I'll report any of their bad behavior?" You can't help but feel bad for people when that's how they have to go through life.
    04-08-2015 09:43 PM
    That's the problem with corporate America. Hatred runs deep in its veins.
    That would be true for some corporations. I think employee apathy plays a big part. You have some people who only care about their paycheck. They won't even make the effort to call an anonymous hotline to report racism, sexism, or anything else that's improper.
    04-08-2015 09:58 PM
    That would be true for some corporations. I think employee apathy plays a big part. You have some people who only care about their paycheck. They won't even make the effort to call an anonymous hotline to report racism, sexism, or anything else that's improper.
    Nobody wants to do the right thing, until they are facing terror, then they expect everyone to do the right thing.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    04-08-2015 11:21 PM
    Nobody wants to do the right thing, until they are facing terror, then they expect everyone to do the right thing.
    The "right thing" is generally weighed against many things. The first thing it's weighed up against is "what is the downside for me?" A long time ago I used to be idealistic and thought doing right was the only way to live. Nowadays you have to temper doing the right thing against many factors. For instance, many years ago I saw a man manhandling a woman and stepped in. The man turned his anger at me and the woman seemed to only be relieved that his anger was not focused on her. She didn't care about pressing charges or removing herself from her situation.
    04-09-2015 07:34 AM
    And another shooting Ferguson to South Carolina 2 police killings, 2 outcomes - CNN.com

How do some of these guys live with themselves? Is it just me or isn't "Never shoot someone in the back" not something that some of these cops were ever taught? I'm glad the death penalty is being discussed with this piece of garbage. I'm sure there will be the same apologists that insist the death penalty shouldn't be an option, the same people that want the "Nuclear option" against countries like Iran, and other nations. Funny how their attitude changes when it's one group over another group. I say lets show the same lack of empathy for this stupid cop that we show anyone that lashes out violently, regardless of color, religion, gender, etc.
    A895 and Scott7217 like this.
    04-09-2015 07:41 AM
    How do some of these guys live with themselves?
    Police unions can be very helpful for officers involved in shootings.

On a related note, one site denied a request to host a fundraiser for Officer Michael Slager. Another site raised $1,241 so far.

There are several fundraisers for Walter Scott that have accumulated $1,569 the last time I checked.

For comparison, two fundraisers for Officer Darren Wilson raised $235,750 and $197,620. That's $433,370 in total. Officer Wilson was involved in the Ferguson, Missouri shooting.
    04-09-2015 06:53 PM
    Police unions can be very helpful for officers involved in shootings.

On a related note, one site denied a request to host a fundraiser for Officer Michael Slager. Another site raised $1,241 so far.

There are several fundraisers for Walter Scott that have accumulated $1,569 the last time I checked.

For comparison, two fundraisers for Officer Darren Wilson raised $235,750 and $197,620. That's $433,370 in total. Officer Wilson was involved in the Ferguson, Missouri shooting.

The 2nd shooting is pretty cut and dry and is on video.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    04-09-2015 07:02 PM
    The 2nd shooting is pretty cut and dry and is on video.
    It's like the Rodney King video all over again.
    04-09-2015 07:15 PM
    It's like the Rodney King video all over again.
    Those 4 thugs that masqueraded as peace officers, should be rotting in some hell hole right now! With no chance of ever seeing the sun, ever again.
    Scott7217 and A895 like this.
    04-09-2015 07:33 PM
    I'm glad the death penalty is being discussed with this piece of garbage.
    Only a few states have abolished the death penalty, mostly on the grounds that capital punishment has been applied to minorities on a disproportionate basis.

South Carolina allows lethal injection or electrocution.
    04-09-2015 07:35 PM
    Those 4 thugs that masqueraded as peace officers, should be rotting in some hell hole right now! With no chance of ever seeing the sun, ever again.
    Do you think most people would even recognize the 4 officers involved in the Rodney King beating today? I'm not even sure if people would still remember their names unless they looked it up on the internet.

Since the King beating occurred in 1991, perhaps the statute of limitations in the court of public opinion is about 24 years. After that, people just forget.
    04-09-2015 08:14 PM
    Do you think most people would even recognize the 4 officers involved in the Rodney King beating today? I'm not even sure if people would still remember their names unless they looked it up on the internet.

Since the King beating occurred in 1991, perhaps the statute of limitations in the court of public opinion is about 24 years. After that, people just forget.
    There names were:

Assface McDingleberry
    Iamso fulovhate
    Gran D.W. Izzard
    Cleetus Cooter
    Scott7217 and A895 like this.
    04-09-2015 08:26 PM
    Well said. People just like to make excuses for their own inaction. They're waiting for someone else to take the first step, and what ends up happening is that no one does anything at all.
    04-10-2015 04:30 AM
142 ... 456