04-10-2015 04:30 AM
142 123 ...
tools
    You had a good run, but alas it's over....../sarcasm

School shuts down SAE chapter after video
    'Disgraceful' University of Oklahoma fraternity shuttered after racist chant - CNN.com

Here's what I'd like to see, these members' names made public so that they may NEVER hold a position of power in corporate america, whether it the CEO of a large corporation or the manager at a McDonalds. Let these guys twist in the wind. Let their infamy follow them for the rest of their lives. Let it affect their future employment, let it affect their credit score, let society cast it's judgment upon these disgraceful individuals just as one of them would if they ever met someone of color.

I'm willing to bet that some of these pieces of garbage would swell up with pride when an athlete of color performs well on behalf of their school. Hell, they probably also kiss up to these athletes as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    GadgetGator likes this.
    03-09-2015 01:20 PM
    RIP racism... Unless you're black. Then you're still free to be racist against whites and other races all you want because apparently only "black lives matter." Heaven forbid anyone say "all lives matter," or some white kids go to support blacks at one of their rallies.
    03-10-2015 04:50 PM
    RIP racism... Unless you're black. Then you're still free to be racist against whites and other races all you want because apparently only "black lives matter." Heaven forbid anyone say "all lives matter," or some white kids go to support blacks at one of their rallies.
    Umm.....sure because apparently black people have always had control of the world's resources and the power to judge someone based on the color of their skin, their gender, their nationality, or their religion.....

You ever hear the one about the racist black fraternity that was video tapped in white face chanting "No H*#&@s will ever be allowed!"? Me neither....
    GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    03-10-2015 10:54 PM
    You cannot justify racism. You're the one that said racism is dead, yet you're willing to make excuses for it when I point out two recent stories that contradict you. Sorry, unlike you, I believe ALL racism is wrong.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-11-2015 05:15 AM
    You cannot justify racism. You're the one that said racism is dead, yet you're willing to make excuses for it when I point out two recent stories that contradict you. Sorry, unlike you, I believe ALL racism is wrong.
    Umm, what exactly does a "/sarcasm" tag mean to you?

Yes racism is racism, but there is a difference in reactionary racism and outright racism. The black people that had no problem telling people that they were voting for Obama because he's black, is it possible that they're doing it because they don't feel as though an old white man can empathize with them? Guess what, I bet those very people will tell you that not much has changed for them under Obama. He has more in common with the wealthy class than most of the people that voted for him in hopes of change. But you still can't blame them for wanting to vote against the status quo.

On a side note, 2 of these pieces of garbage actually live in my area. I'd say this area is a pretty good hotbed for covert racism. I sure hope more of these members are exposed. For the record, I don't mind that they think what they think, but it's good to know that they have these illogical and mostly pathetic beliefs that govern their actions.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    03-11-2015 05:45 PM
    Umm, what exactly does a "/sarcasm" tag mean to you?
    I missed that, and your last reply made it seem like you were sincere in the belief that certain types of racism was ok.
    03-11-2015 06:24 PM
    I missed that, and your last reply made it seem like you were sincere in the belief that certain types of racism was ok.
    Lets look at how racism affects people. How does being rejected because of your skin color matter if you belong to a race that has a majority of all the world's resources vs being rejected because of your skin color by people that do not have a majority of all the world's resources?

An example I've personally witnessed first hand was in 2000 when I worked for Texas Instruments (didn't help that TI was sued for discrimination just a few years prior). Two of my colleagues worked in the same department. One was a black guy that had roughly 20 years at Texas Instruments, and another was a white guy that had been there 2 years. They were both promoted to PM Techs around the same time. TI decided that it wasn't making enough money for its shareholders and concluded that it had to shed some of its workforce. One of the questions during a company wide meeting was if it was possible to step down to a different role if your position was one being eliminated. Management responded with an emphatic NO, that no one would be demoted or moved to keep themselves employed. Apparently, that was a flat out lie. Out of the 2 guys that I worked with (they both were promoted from the same department into new roles in a new department), guess which one was laid off, and which one was allowed to take a different position? Yes, a 20 year dedicated employee was released while a 2 year employee was allowed to continue his career with Texas Instruments.

Thus, please explain to me how being discriminated against by a group that doesn't have as much control of power and resources is the same as being discriminated by a group that does have a larger portion of power and resources. Does it hurt your feelings when you venture into a minority neighborhood and they don't greet you with open arms and hold a parade for you? Oh all the suffering that you must endure...

The 9:40 mark of the video is all that's required to view, which in case you don't have a stomach him, he spells it out this way, if you're tired of hearing about racism, imagine having to deal with it on a DAILY basis.

03-11-2015 07:20 PM
    I have always considered myself a true racist. There is only one race of people on this planet, human. I hate them all!
    03-11-2015 07:23 PM
    I have always considered myself a true racist. There is only one race of people on this planet, human. I hate them all!
    You hate yourself?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-11-2015 11:28 PM
    You hate yourself?
    More than them all put together!
    03-11-2015 11:37 PM
    The focus is on blacks for a reason. When whites are in the minority, when whites get harassed by cops just for being white, when whites are targeted as a group to fund city coffers with tickets handed out in higher proportions, when racist emails against whites are circulated by city government employees, and when entire fraternities are based in racism singing racist songs against whites, let us know. Then, and only then will things be balanced and you comments more appropriate.

The reason you only hear about black racism, is because that is the imbalance we are unfortunately still dealing with. And sadly maybe we always will be due to our unfortunate history. It's not like whites were taken from their homeland and kept as slaves for their black masters and then suffered racism and employment/economic for decades that lingers even today.

Once whites....all whites...start treating blacks as equals, with equal pay, equal voting rights, equal opportunities and an abolishment of racist policies in our police departments, then things will get better. Until that happens, things won't.

A895 likes this.
    03-11-2015 11:43 PM
    The focus is on blacks for a reason. When whites are in the minority, when whites get harassed by cops just for being white, when whites are targeted as a group to fund city coffers with tickets handed out in higher proportions, when racist emails against whites are circulated by city government employees, and when entire fraternities are based in racism singing racist songs against whites, let us know. Then, and only then will things be balanced and you comments more appropriate.
    So instead of inclusion, we must allow minorities to be racist against whites for things that were done decades ago before many of us were even alive?

It's not like whites were taken from their homeland and kept as slaves for their black masters and then suffered racism and employment/economic for decades that lingers even today.
    It was the Africans that sold their own to the slave traders, but I guess it just wouldn't fit the narrative for those with slave ancestors to attack their own kind that betrayed them.

Once whites....all whites...start treating blacks as equals, with equal pay, equal voting rights, equal opportunities and an abolishment of racist policies in our police departments, then things will get better. Until that happens, things won't.
    While we're at it, let's also add once the left stops rolling out the race card any time a minority doesn't get his/her way, then we can actually have some real progress.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 12:01 AM
    So instead of inclusion, we must allow minorities to be racist against whites for things that were done decades ago before many of us were even alive?

It was the Africans that sold their own to the slave traders, but I guess it just wouldn't fit the narrative for those with slave ancestors to attack their own kind that betrayed them.

While we're at it, let's also add once the left stops rolling out the race card any time a minority doesn't get his/her way, then we can actually have some real progress.
    The left wouldn't play the race card if not for the existence of racism itself. Maybe you should stop trying to put the cart before the horse.

As for the slave traders, if there were no market for slaves to be sold to, then there would be no slaves. Not surprising, you want to put the burden onto blacks, when it was white landowners who bought them and made slavery in this country happen. And set the stage for what would follow and the problems we face now still to this day. Past is prologue.

You seem very fixated on blacks being racist towards whites for some strange reason. As if whites are the victims in all of this. Again, look at all the things I listed up above and draw a comparison. Oh wait...there isn't any because white people aren't subjected to the things that Blacks are. It's not that racism doesn't work both ways, but the degree of it towards one another is very very different. Again that whole imbalance thing I mentioned up above is at work here.

A895 likes this.
    03-12-2015 03:01 AM
    So what I am getting from this thread is that all white people are evil, horrible human beings and should be unanimously hated by everyone because they are white...

And that racism is perfectly fine as long as you are not white. In fact, it is impossible to be racist if you are not white. If you are a minority it is perfectly acceptable to hate someone based solely on their skin color. Especially if they are white...

And people wonder why we have not made more progress with civil rights...

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:23 AM
    As for the slave traders, if there were no market for slaves to be sold to, then there would be no slaves. Not surprising, you want to put the burden onto blacks, when it was white landowners who bought them and made slavery in this country happen. And set the stage for what would follow and the problems we face now still to this day. Past is prologue.
    I guess human traffickers today are simply doing so because there's a market and we shouldn't judge them based on your logic?
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 10:20 AM
    Allow me to reiterate, this planet has one, and only one, race of people, human. The human race, is the only race of people on the planet. Is that really so hard to comprehend? I will say though, there are two kinds of people, cool ones, and asshats.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 10:53 AM
    I guess human traffickers today are simply doing so because there's a market and we shouldn't judge them based on your logic?
    Oh no...you should judge them. But you should also judge the people buying slaves for the very same reason and with the very same severity.

Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 04:19 PM
    So what I am getting from this thread is that all white people are evil, horrible human beings and should be unanimously hated by everyone because they are white...

And that racism is perfectly fine as long as you are not white. In fact, it is impossible to be racist if you are not white. If you are a minority it is perfectly acceptable to hate someone based solely on their skin color. Especially if they are white...

And people wonder why we have not made more progress with civil rights...

Sent from my XT1096
    I guess you get out of things what you want, but no one is saying that all white people are evil. You sure like to put words into people's mouths. That's a whole lot of assumption on your part.

But if you think the racism that blacks experience is equivalent to the racism that whites encounter, you are not only mistaken, you haven't been paying attention (even here, in this thread).

A895 likes this.
    03-12-2015 04:25 PM
    I guess you get out of things what you want, but no one is saying that all white people are evil. You sure like to put words into people's mouths. That's a whole lot of assumption on your part.

But if you think the racism that blacks experience is equivalent to the racism that whites encounter, you are not only mistaken, you haven't been paying attention (even here, in this thread).

The extent at which each race "encounters" racism is irrelevant. All racism is bad. Period. To claim otherwise and apologize for one group of people is counter productive. You can either fight for equality or against equality. There is no in between.

Either condemn all racist behavior(and those that participate) or be hypocritical and apologize.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 04:34 PM
    The thing is racism will never go away as long as it is spoken upon in these media outlets. This "black lives matters" is more so than just saying only black people matter. It's definition is, we as people also matter & deserve respect just as much as the next person. I deal with the bull**** daily & I'm biracial, I've been harassed by police, followed around stores, etc. I've been thrown in jail by judges for petty crimes while others walk free for more heinous crimes. To more popular belief, the more attention racism receives the longer it'll continue. I don't care to pay it or people who are racist any attention because I don't care & I know who I am at the end of the day. I get up early for work like majority of people do, I take care of my kids, & pay my bills like everyone else, so my skin pigment makes me less of a human than the next person of a different culture ?

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    A895 and Scott7217 like this.
    03-12-2015 04:48 PM
    The extent at which each race "encounters" racism is irrelevant. All racism is bad. Period. To claim otherwise and apologize for one group of people is counter productive. You can either fight for equality or against equality. There is no in between.

Either condemn all racist behavior(and those that participate) or be hypocritical and apologize.

Sent from my XT1096
    I'm willing to bet that the racism some black people have against white people is rooted in a mistrust of them based on the white man's history. Lets take a brief visit of the white man's history in this country. They first tried to enslave the Native Americans on this continent, that didn't work so they killed off their food supply and slaughtered them. Then they imported slaves from Africa to do all the back breaking labor that they were too lazy to do themselves. Then once it was illegal for them to enslave black people, they enslaved the Chinese to build the railroads for them. But yeah, they're like totally wrong for thinking that white people are evil....

And lets see why white people are racist against blacks, because they think that black people are an inferior race, even though if you look at most athletic sports, what race do you see dominate? Umm, oops....

Why do you think mostly rednecks like Nascar? It's the one activity (I dare not call it a sport as it requires NO athletic ability) that the black man hasn't bested the white man in. Hell, I can't even think of ONE popular Nascar driver that's not white. What's sad is I have no problem admitting that some races are more blessed with different abilities than other races. What I do have a problem with is when some pencil necked geeks (like the two pieces of garbage in this video) try to look down their noses at a whole race as if they're better than that race because they belong to a race they think is superior. If that's all you have to hang your hat on, then I have news for you, you're pathetic.
    GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    03-12-2015 05:42 PM
    The thing is racism will never go away as long as it is spoken upon in these media outlets. This "black lives matters" is more so than just saying only black people matter. It's definition is, we as people also matter & deserve respect just as much as the next person. I deal with the bull**** daily & I'm biracial, I've been harassed by police, followed around stores, etc. I've been thrown in jail by judges for petty crimes while others walk free for more heinous crimes. To more popular belief, the more attention racism receives the longer it'll continue. I don't care to pay it or people who are racist any attention because I don't care & I know who I am at the end of the day. I get up early for work like majority of people do, I take care of my kids, & pay my bills like everyone else, so my skin pigment makes me less of a human than the next person of a different culture ?

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    That's probably the saddest part about stuff like this, is how it tears down one's soul till eventually they say screw it, if they want me to act out then I am going to act out. What I've told some of my black friends that get frustrated is to not let them see what they want to see, hold your head up high and show them that you aren't going to fall into their trap. Because once you let that anger control your actions, they'll turn around and say, "See I told you, violent savage!" Some of the proudest moments in life come when you can prove your detractors wrong and make them feel idiotic.
    A895 likes this.
    03-12-2015 05:51 PM
    I'm willing to bet that the racism some black people have against white people is rooted in a mistrust of them based on the white man's history. Lets take a brief visit of the white man's history in this country. They first tried to enslave the Native Americans on this continent, that didn't work so they killed off their food supply and slaughtered them. Then they imported slaves from Africa to do all the back breaking labor that they were too lazy to do themselves. Then once it was illegal for them to enslave black people, they enslaved the Chinese to build the railroads for them. But yeah, they're like totally wrong for thinking that white people are evil....

And lets see why white people are racist against blacks, because they think that black people are an inferior race, even though if you look at most athletic sports, what race do you see dominate? Umm, oops....

Why do you think mostly rednecks like Nascar? It's the one activity (I dare not call it a sport as it requires NO athletic ability) that the black man hasn't bested the white man in. Hell, I can't even think of ONE popular Nascar driver that's not white. What's sad is I have no problem admitting that some races are more blessed with different abilities than other races. What I do have a problem with is when some pencil necked geeks (like the two pieces of garbage in this video) try to look down their noses at a whole race as if they're better than that race because they belong to a race they think is superior. If that's all you have to hang your hat on, then I have news for you, you're pathetic.
    So history is an acceptable excuse for racism on a group of people today? It's ok for someone to be racist against a white person solely because a white person enslaved people 200 years ago?

Why don't paint with a broader brush? In fact, making broad statements about an entire group of people... There is a term commonly associated with that

And if you think Nascar or any other type of racing at a professional level does not require someone to be extremely athletic, you are only showing your ignorance on the subject.

Sent from my XT1096
    03-12-2015 06:13 PM
    So history is an acceptable excuse for racism on a group of people today? It's ok for someone to be racist against a white person solely because a white person enslaved people 200 years ago?

Why don't paint with a broader brush? In fact, making broad statements about an entire group of people... There is a term commonly associated with that

And if you think Nascar or any other type of racing at a professional level does not require someone to be extremely athletic, you are only showing your ignorance on the subject.

Sent from my XT1096
    I'm telling you that there is a history of racism in this country that some people have experienced first hand and thus their racism is REACTIONARY. It's not an equivalent form of racism because one race has access to more resources and one group has a longer history of bigotry and racism.

Am I saying that the actions I mentioned above means ALL white people are evil? No. Am I saying some people have a mistrust of white people based on historical events? Yes. Does that make it right? Not necessarily, but there is a history of institutionalized racism in this country so you can't necessarily blame people for returning their racist thoughts nor can you by any stretch of the imagination claim one to be the same as the other.

And considering I drive on a DAILY BASIS and have driven my car well past triple digit speeds, then I must be one hell of an athlete. If you can do it SITTING DOWN, then I have news for you, it must not be that athletic by nature.

athletic
    [ath-let-ik]
    Spell Syllables
    Examples Word Origin
    adjective
    physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports:
    A895 likes this.
    03-12-2015 06:40 PM
    I'm telling you that there is a history of racism in this country that some people have experienced first hand and thus their racism is REACTIONARY. It's not an equivalent form of racism because one race has access to more resources and one group has a longer history of bigotry and racism.

Am I saying that the actions I mentioned above means ALL white people are evil? No. Am I saying some people have a mistrust of white people based on historical events? Yes. Does that make it right? Not necessarily, but there is a history of institutionalized racism in this country so you can't necessarily blame people for returning their racist thoughts nor can you by any stretch of the imagination claim one to be the same as the other.

And considering I drive on a DAILY BASIS and have driven my car well past triple digit speeds, then I must be one hell of an athlete. If you can do it SITTING DOWN, then I have news for you, it must not be that athletic by nature.
    As it has been said several times, all racism is bad. You either hold everyone to the same standards, or you are part of the problem that is keeping everyone from being equal.

O yes, taking turns at 1.5+ g's for hundreds of laps while rowing gears and sawing at a steering wheel can be done by anyone. Especially when you consider having to keep precision reflexes for all those hours and worrying about other cars inches away, tire wear, whatever is wrong with the car, strategy for passing and being passed, and numerous other factors. I am sure that they just take average Joe's off the street for that...

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-12-2015 07:00 PM
142 123 ...