05-10-2015 02:09 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    T-Mobile violated US labor laws, agency judge rules - CNET

I wonder if this will lead to another round of RPF increases, since they won't raise the price for service (or so they say,) except possibly for unlimited data.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-19-2015 08:30 PM
    So TMobile violates the law and AT&T violates a consent decree. Those wrists must really sting from the slaps.
    raino and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    03-19-2015 08:38 PM
    So TMobile violates the law and AT&T violates a consent decree. Those wrists must really sting from the slaps.
    Which one's the Uncarrier, again?
    03-19-2015 08:45 PM
    Which one's the Uncarrier, again?
    I agree that these violations are horrible (for any company) due to federal law but... I think people put too much emphasis on being "uncarrier". Sure they try and do consumer friendly things but it doesn't mean they are not a business and I think people tend to forget this.

I don't think anyone can deny they are mostly consumer-friendly with their stuff .. more than others .. But at the end of the day of course they are a carrier, a business, and care about the $$ .... I mean .. Let's all be real for a second..
    03-19-2015 11:46 PM
    Great news it makes me like T-Mobile even more since I hate Unions and support Right to Work states that aren't trying to push communism. If you want to join a Union fine but if you walk off the job they should be able to fire you and hire someone else since this is America not France. Great to hear T-Mobile stands for Freedom in the USA.

BTW, what differences does this make to any T-Mobile customer? Nothing.
    NexusGirlX and tippmann15 like this.
    03-21-2015 07:46 AM
    Great news it makes me like T-Mobile even more since I hate Unions and support Right to Work states that aren't trying to push communism. If you want to join a Union fine but if you walk off the job they should be able to fire you and hire someone else since this is America not France. Great to hear T-Mobile stands for Freedom in the USA.

If they unionized then it would increase the cost to tmobile, who might push some of the additional cost to the customer. Just to understand your stance better, what do you think of the following?

" Judge Christine Dibble cited the company's policies that barred workers from discussing their wages and working conditions, and their repeated efforts to discourage them from reaching out outside organizations for help. As an example, she highlighted the procedure for filing a wage and hour complaint, which requires the notification of management first, and threatens discipline if the rule is broken. "

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    raino likes this.
    03-21-2015 08:30 AM
    I agree that these violations are horrible (for any company) due to federal law but... I think people put too much emphasis on being "uncarrier". Sure they try and do consumer friendly things but it doesn't mean they are not a business and I think people tend to forget this.

I don't think anyone can deny they are mostly consumer-friendly with their stuff .. more than others .. But at the end of the day of course they are a carrier, a business, and care about the $$ .... I mean .. Let's all be real for a second..
    Actually this is perfectly in line with uncarrier - to do things differently than other carriers. Verizon and AT&T are unionized and follow labor laws. T-Mobile isn't unionized and has not 1,not 2,not 3,but 11 illegal labor policies.

03-21-2015 08:33 AM
    If they unionized then it would increase the cost to tmobile, who might push some of the additional cost to the customer. Just to understand your stance better, what do you think of the following?

" Judge Christine Dibble cited the company's policies that barred workers from discussing their wages and working conditions, and their repeated efforts to discourage them from reaching out outside organizations for help. As an example, she highlighted the procedure for filing a wage and hour complaint, which requires the notification of management first, and threatens discipline if the rule is broken. "

I hate all unions. The SEIU union are trying to force the hospital where my daughter is a nurse to unionize the last few years. The employees that were open about not wanting to join the SEIU union started getting their tires slashed and even had some "SEIU or DIE" sticker put up on their locker. Some had their homes egged in the middle of the night. This is America and people should have the right to work without being forced to join a Union. Wisconsin just became the 25th state in the nation to pass the Right to Work law. I don't see how any state can force me to join a Union against my will just because I want a job. If T-Mobile got a union then everyone that wanted a job at T-Mobile in the other 25 Non-Right to Work states would be required to join the union and pay Union Fees if they wanted to keep their job. Where is The Freedom in that?
    03-21-2015 09:08 AM
    Actually this is perfectly in line with uncarrier - to do things differently than other carriers. Verizon and AT&T are unionized and follow labor laws. T-Mobile isn't unionized and has not 1,not 2,not 3,but 11 illegal labor policies.

No my point is people act like they aren't a business. At the end of the day they're a business .. No matter what they try and say. Verizon acts as if they're your best friend in commercials but have admitted they don't care if you leave. Same stuff.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    03-21-2015 07:02 PM
    No my point is people act like they aren't a business. At the end of the day they're a business .. No matter what they try and say. Verizon acts as if they're your best friend in commercials but have admitted they don't care if you leave. Same stuff.
    The 'Uncarrier' stuff should also be looked at from a "they're a business" lens. They aren't doing these things out of the goodness of their corporate heart, or because they are the right things to do; they're just trying to poach customers. They can't compete on coverage, so they compete on price (sort of,) and features that may or may not be useful and appealing at large. And they don't really care about customers either--as evidenced by their attempts to kill employer discounts for everyone, and migrate grandfathered customers (who, according to some estimates may be up to 40% of their customer base) to Simple Choice. The only difference between them and Verizon would be that they can't afford to lose customers as much, so they relent (backtracking on employee discounts, not fully following through on gf migrations, etc.) But they sure do try.

Once (if) they get big enough, they will backtrack on some of the things they do--like maybe eliminate unlimited, or price it ridiculously. Remember, they're just committing to no price change to that for "two years from activation." A business decision.
    03-21-2015 07:20 PM
    The 'Uncarrier' stuff should also be looked at from a "they're a business" lens. They aren't doing these things out of the goodness of their corporate heart, or because they are the right things to do; they're just trying to poach customers.
    And I 100% agree.... As I have said the 1 and only reason I am with them is the unlimited data ... but ... If they mean it to or not... their policies are better than others for customers. So therefore it helps consumers... but I agree .. In the long run once they have some coverage , better service, etc... they will turn into the others. If they got rid of unlimited tomorrow I would be going to Verizon (most likely) for coverage / service.

But .. To treat them as Carrier and not a business... and say "that isn't un-carrier" to me is just ... almost not reasonable? Because if people think "un-carrier" means that $$$ isn't their first concern (like a business) is just crazy. They're a business .. always will be...So $$ = #1 priority.
    03-22-2015 02:08 AM
    I hate all unions. The SEIU union are trying to force the hospital where my daughter is a nurse to unionize the last few years. The employees that were open about not wanting to join the SEIU union started getting their tires slashed and even had some "SEIU or DIE" sticker put up on their locker. Some had their homes egged in the middle of the night. This is America and people should have the right to work without being forced to join a Union. Wisconsin just became the 25th state in the nation to pass the Right to Work law. I don't see how any state can force me to join a Union against my will just because I want a job. If T-Mobile got a union then everyone that wanted a job at T-Mobile in the other 25 Non-Right to Work states would be required to join the union and pay Union Fees if they wanted to keep their job. Where is The Freedom in that?
    You have the freedom to work at another place of employment, right? There is your freedom. Hate unions all you want but they are the reason that five day 40 hour weeks exist. Unions aren't perfect just like anything, but it amazes me how many average joes are willing to give corporations all the power and leave none for themselves. Talk about throwing away all your leverage.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-24-2015 06:06 PM
    You are so right, then the money for unions goes to democrats who dont care for people, look at detroit, 45 plus years of democrat control and the place is all screwed up . If democrats cared, they would encourage people to do better for themselves or thier families. But they dont, the democrats just keep people down by giving them free crap. Personal freedom. When you see tyranny, thank a liberal

Posted via the Android Central App
    Riiiight. That's why people's lives have literally been saved by that great republican healthcare plan.......oh wait.

Republicans bring nothing to the table but a "you're on your own, sucks to be you" mentality. You bring up Detroit, I can bring up all the poor red states ran by right wing republicans.

04-06-2015 11:56 AM

It most certainly makes a difference. Be Anti-Union all you want. But by supporting Right to Work, you're only making it easier for these Multi-billion dollar businesses abuse their workers. Don't forget that these businesses are for profit. No matter how much you like Capitalism (which I don't fault you for), the basis of Capitalism is to earn profits, regardless of the conditions of their workers. Look at our country now. Rampant unemployment, with the only improvement being the creation of underemployed jobs. A minimal wage that no one can live off of. The moneyed elite growing more and more in wealth. But remember who's backs it was on that they made their wealth. Whether you want to see it or not, this fact is immutable. I also want to mention that you clearly do not know the definition of Communism because our country is far more likely to become Fascist than Communist. Regardless of how corrupt labor unions may be, they still provide a voice to the common worker, a voice that doesn't exist without it. Companies may have "open door policies" but what guarantee is there that they will even follow their own policies? Look at how toothless even Federal labor laws are. These policies and unions protect us regardless of whether we are liberal or conservative. If you really want to know what would happen if Right to Work and the destruction of Labor unions means. Read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair, read about the first nation to become industrialized (the UK) especially their Victorian Era and the conditions of the poor. Better yet, read anything by Charles Dickens. And check out www.thepoliticalcompass.org and find out where you actually fall, what Communism really means, and where our 2012 presidential candidates really stand.
    04-06-2015 02:21 PM
    It most certainly makes a difference. Be Anti-Union all you want. But by supporting Right to Work, you're only making it easier for these Multi-billion dollar businesses abuse their workers. Don't forget that these businesses are for profit. No matter how much you like Capitalism (which I don't fault you for), the basis of Capitalism is to earn profits, regardless of the conditions of their workers. Look at our country now. Rampant unemployment, with the only improvement being the creation of underemployed jobs. A minimal wage that no one can live off of. The moneyed elite growing more and more in wealth. But remember who's backs it was on that they made their wealth. Whether you want to see it or not, this fact is immutable. I also want to mention that you clearly do not know the definition of Communism because our country is far more likely to become Fascist than Communist. Regardless of how corrupt labor unions may be, they still provide a voice to the common worker, a voice that doesn't exist without it. Companies may have "open door policies" but what guarantee is there that they will even follow their own policies? Look at how toothless even Federal labor laws are. These policies and unions protect us regardless of whether we are liberal or conservative. If you really want to know what would happen if Right to Work and the destruction of Labor unions means. Read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair, read about the first nation to become industrialized (the UK) especially their Victorian Era and the conditions of the poor. Better yet, read anything by Charles Dickens. And check out www.thepoliticalcompass.org and find out where you actually fall, what Communism really means, and where our 2012 presidential candidates really stand.
    I also forgot to mention. All these labor law abuses and Anti Union behavior would very much be illegal in their parent country where their workers are very much unionized. Parent company of T-Mobile USA is Deutsche Telekom, based in Bonn, Germany.
    04-06-2015 02:25 PM
    Your limited knowledge of government belies you. Things are not so simple as conservative and liberal.
    04-11-2015 03:34 AM
    And I'm hardly confused 😕. Unlike most. I actually studied this topic and am not simply guided by the lies on the news.
    04-11-2015 03:36 AM
    Can the Mods lock this stupid thread before it turns into a political battle between Unions & Right to Work as well as conservative vs liberals. This isn't the right forum for this stuff.
    04-11-2015 11:04 AM
    Moved to the politics forum
    Shilohcane and kittenfuud like this.
    04-11-2015 11:43 AM
    Yes , I will say it again.......liberals , it's ok if you don't get it. You are easily confused

Posted via the Android Central App
    Because attacking someone's intelligence is a SURE way to get them to see things your way...........not.

04-11-2015 03:43 PM
    Oh great. The AC Lounge>Politics sub-forum. Exactly where I had wanted this thread to go...not.
    04-11-2015 05:15 PM
    Oh great. The AC Lounge>Politics sub-forum. Exactly where I had wanted this thread to go...not.
    Well you are going to have people that are for and against unions. I personally never understood why someone would be against a union since unity of any sorts is what makes us stronger. Our collective voices are louder than just one single voice. The problem is that there are those people that are very astute when it comes to the premise of "divide and conquer" and know how to get us to fight against our own best interest. When we unite, the wealthy and elite's voices are drowned out and our middle class is better for it. The problem is that there are way too many people that don't understand the premise of "United we stand, divided we fall".
    GadgetGator, A895 and kittenfuud like this.
    04-13-2015 12:36 PM
    Well you are going to have people that are for and against unions.
    True, but my intent with this thread was to keep the discussion around TMO. So while it was inevitable, I still blame the first person who brought politics into the discussion
    04-13-2015 02:35 PM
    Well you are going to have people that are for and against unions. I personally never understood why someone would be against a union since unity of any sorts is what makes us stronger. Our collective voices are louder than just one single voice. The problem is that there are those people that are very astute when it comes to the premise of "divide and conquer" and know how to get us to fight against our own best interest. When we unite, the wealthy and elite's voices are drowned out and our middle class is better for it. The problem is that there are way too many people that don't understand the premise of "United we stand, divided we fall".
    If Unions were a good things they would give people the freedom of choice of joining them or not without the the treats of burning down their house or threatening people life and family to join the unions. The SEIU does this and beats people up in public. I live in a Right to Work state and as an American I have the right to work without joining a union. I can't wait till someone in a Non-Right to work state takes this to the Supreme Court. Also, I live in a Castle Law Right state so I have the right protect myself from jackboot Union Thugs that are no different to me than Criminal Drug Street gangs.

04-14-2015 12:25 PM
    If Unions were a good things they would give people the freedom of choice of joining them or not without the the treats of burning down their house or threatening people life and family to join the unions. The SEIU does this and beats people up in public. I live in a Right to Work state and as an American I have the right to work without joining a union. I can't wait till someone in a Non-Right to work state takes this to the Supreme Court. Also, I live in a Castle Law Right state so I have the right protect myself from jackboot Union Thugs that are no different to me than Criminal Drug Street gangs.

Riiiight. So give all the power to corporations. See where that takes you ultimately. It won't be pretty.

04-14-2015 01:40 PM
101 123 ...