04-05-2015 10:32 PM
30 12
tools
    If someone is pulling out a gun, pulling out a gun yourself is stupid unless you have had proper training otherwise you can shoot someone innocent or hurt yourself. That is the issue with guns now, no proper training in self defense is actually required.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Some states have required minimum training before you can apply for a carry permit. I am actually advocating for some higher minimum requirements I'm my state(for carry, not to simply own).

That being said, I do not remember the last time I heard about a carry permit holder have any sort of an accident in public. All the stories I ever hear about seem to be negligence or mishandling in people's home where it makes no difference whether you have a permit or not. The rest of the stories are people carrying illegally.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    04-04-2015 02:16 PM
    Some states have required minimum training before you can apply for a carry permit. I am actually advocating for some higher minimum requirements I'm my state(for carry, not to simply own).

That being said, I do not remember the last time I heard about a carry permit holder have any sort of an accident in public. All the stories I ever hear about seem to be negligence or mishandling in people's home where it makes no difference whether you have a permit or not. The rest of the stories are people carrying illegally.

Sent from my XT1096
    I am speaking of how if someone has a gun on you, pulling out a gun too is a bad idea.

04-05-2015 10:01 PM
    I am speaking of how if someone has a gun on you, pulling out a gun too is a bad idea.

I am going to have to disagree with you. Now I am only speaking for myself alone. If you are attempting to kill me, I am going to do my best to take your *** with me!
    Scott7217 likes this.
    04-05-2015 10:05 PM
    I am going to have to disagree with you. Now I am only speaking for myself alone. If you are attempting to kill me, I am going to do my best to take your *** with me!
    Escalating a situation would be more likely to get you shot than not pulling a gun. This isn't the wild west, someone would shoot you before you got a chance to pull a gun unless you have been trained extensively in drawing a weapon.

04-05-2015 10:11 PM
    Escalating a situation would be more likely to get you shot than not pulling a gun. This isn't the wild west, someone would shoot you before you got a chance to pull a gun unless you have been trained extensively in drawing a weapon.
    I am not saying you are wrong if you would not pull a gun yourself. All I am saying is, if you have a gun drawn on me, I am assuming you aim to kill me. I will not let you do that without a fight. I am not speaking for everyone. I would not expect anyone to act that way, nor would I tell anyone to act that way. It's just what I would do.

Also, some of us have been in the military, those of us that have served, have been given the proper training. It may be true that not everyone who served is a sniper quality shot, but some of us, can handle our own.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    04-05-2015 10:32 PM
30 12