Phi Kappa Psi is planning to sue Rolling Stone over its article about rape in the University of Virginia. This comes after the Columbia Journalism School concluded in a review that Rolling Stone was severely lacking in journalistic integrity.

Columbia Journalism Review -- Rolling Stone fails to take full responsibility for its actions (article link)

Sabrina Rubin Erdely, the author of the Rolling Stone article, alleged that Phi Kappa Psi members raped a woman, but the police were unable to find conclusive evidence that any such crime was committed.

While Rolling Stone retracted the article, Erdely has not yet apologized to Phi Kappa Psi, and Rolling Stone has not disavowed her. (Erdely is a freelance writer, not an employee of Rolling Stone.)

Even though Rolling Stone's reputation is tarnished, the more serious problem is that actual rape victims may not come forward because they fear no one will believe their story, and that may be the most tragic part of this incident.
    04-08-2015 02:29 PM
    I can't believe that Rolling Stone isn't firing anyone over something that will surely cost them in money and reputation. Seriously, what does someone have to do there to get fired?

Posted via Android Central App
    04-08-2015 08:35 PM
    I can't believe that Rolling Stone isn't firing anyone over something that will surely cost them in money and reputation. Seriously, what does someone have to do there to get fired?
    I am wondering if Sabrina Rubin Erdely (or someone close to her) has something that could blackmail the management at Rolling Stone.
    04-08-2015 09:06 PM
    They'll have a hard time of it, but I wish them luck.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/06/opinio...-consequences/
    04-09-2015 07:52 AM