03-14-2018 06:48 PM
217 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Hillary has a very nasty habit of being willing to drop bombs at the drop of a hat, balks not at all, in fact, barely bats an eyelash. I think it's not good, but that's what it is.
    Still, I don't think that would stop anyone from voting for Hillary Clinton. In fact, it might encourage people to vote for her. I don't think Americans want a completely pacifist president.
    05-06-2015 07:53 PM
    Still, I don't think that would stop anyone from voting for Hillary Clinton. In fact, it might encourage people to vote for her. I don't think Americans want a completely pacifist president.
    Agree. Was just answering to someone speaking to the issue of others' possibly thinking she would not be able to handle war pressure situations.
    05-06-2015 09:22 PM
    Today's news

Rick Santorum to jump into the race later this month. This is getting crazy. And I have to wonder how this is all going to play out. Debate stages only have so much room.
    05-07-2015 02:11 AM
    Today's news

Rick Santorum to jump into the race later this month. This is getting crazy. And I have to wonder how this is all going to play out. Debate stages only have so much room.
    Too many republicans running. Way too many.
    05-07-2015 02:22 AM
    But quite a diverse group of candidates. What do the democrats have right now? An old white dude, and an old white woman.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    05-07-2015 02:43 AM
    But quite a diverse group of candidates. What do the democrats have right now? An old white dude, and an old white woman.
    Old white people is like 98% of politicians. No minority is going to be a presenditial candidate for a while after Herman Cain and Obama.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-07-2015 03:05 AM
    It is one of the benefits of the American political system. We have so much choice.

Over time, we will shorten the list to more manageable levels. Until then, we'll just sit back and see who throws their hat into the ring.
    05-07-2015 01:51 PM
    It is one of the benefits of the American political system. We have so much choice.

Over time, we will shorten the list to more manageable levels. Until then, we'll just sit back and see who throws their hat into the ring.
    Actually this shows lack of choice. All the candidates all have their names tied to Democrat or Republican. I want to vote Green Party but the biggest members are at most state legislators. Most of them are city legislators and employees in Georgia.

05-07-2015 02:09 PM
    Agree. Was just answering to someone speaking to the issue of others' possibly thinking she would not be able to handle war pressure situations.
    We have to remember that as a senator, Hillary Clinton could have taken the easy route and voted with the senators who were opposed to the Iraq War Resolution.

However, using her own judgment, she decided to vote in favor of the resolution. As a senator, she has clearance for classified information, so she would be in a better position to make such a decision than your average citizen would.

So, in the end, she voted for the good of the nation. That's something that I can respect in Hillary Clinton. She looks at the issues, weighs the evidence, and makes the tough decisions. Those are things people look for in a president.
    Paisley likes this.
    05-07-2015 02:35 PM
    Diverse in look not so diverse in thinking. Hate gay marriage, hate abortion, hate Obamacare, love Israel, love war (except rand Paul)....in other words not that different.
    A895 likes this.
    05-08-2015 12:34 PM
    Diverse in look not so diverse in thinking. Hate gay marriage, hate abortion, hate Obamacare, love Israel, love war (except rand Paul)....in other words not that different.
    Wait, isn't it the liberal Democrats always telling us we need more minority diversity and things like affirmative action? They should be celebrating this mix of the Republican pack right now. Must be because of that pesky "R" beside their names.
    05-08-2015 02:23 PM
    Wait, isn't it the liberal Democrats always telling us we need more minority diversity and things like affirmative action? They should be celebrating this mix of the Republican pack right now. Must be because of that pesky "R" beside their names.
    We do need more minority diversity in a lot of areas, and Affirmative Action helps. But yeah, Republicans suck. They have the worst ideals in any party. Anti everything, small government but bid defense spending. Yada yada, nothing new. At least on the Democrat side, they have a few who actually want to change things.

05-08-2015 02:41 PM
    If the Republicans were to have control of Congress and the white house after this election, it would be interesting to watch the Democrats devolve into the anti-republican party the same way the Republicans devolved into the anti-Democrat party after 2008. I am not sure how they would react from the highest levels. I am sure divides would form the same way it did in the Republican party.

Idk. I'm just rambling

Sent from my XT1096
    05-08-2015 03:28 PM
    If the Republicans were to have control of Congress and the white house after this election, it would be interesting to watch the Democrats devolve into the anti-republican party the same way the Republicans devolved into the anti-Democrat party after 2008. I am not sure how they would react from the highest levels. I am sure divides would form the same way it did in the Republican party.

Idk. I'm just rambling

Sent from my XT1096
    Republicans aren't getting the white house in 2016. With social issues becoming a hot topic and Republicans obvious reluctance to acknowledge these issues plus they are still anti gay rights, to tough on immigration and want to go to war with ISIS. America doesn't want that in the white horse.

05-08-2015 06:45 PM
    Actually this shows lack of choice. All the candidates all have their names tied to Democrat or Republican. I want to vote Green Party but the biggest members are at most state legislators. Most of them are city legislators and employees in Georgia.
    Every party has to start from somewhere. Do you believe that the Green Party can become a powerful political force in the United States? If so, I would suggest that you continue supporting them.

Have you attended a Green Party meeting? I'm sure that if you spoke to someone, they might tell you areas that they need help. Maybe they need fundraising. Maybe they need someone to spread the word.

Whatever you do, don't give up on them.
    05-08-2015 11:24 PM
    Putting a new coat of paint on the outside doesn't change the old ideas on the inside. Or the same old talking points.

Take Marco Rubio for example. He supposedly is the fresh face of the party and yet he would have us maintain a 50 year old policy towards Cuba. That's not fresh thinking.
    A895 likes this.
    05-09-2015 11:15 PM
    The exact same thing could be said of the democrats, so what else is new.
    05-10-2015 06:40 AM
    The exact same thing could be said of the democrats, so what else is new.
    No. I think we have the opposite problem. Some new approaches, like Cuba, but very very few fresh faces
    A895 likes this.
    05-10-2015 07:26 PM

That's something that I can respect in Hillary Clinton. She looks at the issues, weighs the evidence, and makes the tough decisions. Those are things people look for in a president.
    Agree, I like this about her.
    05-10-2015 08:17 PM
    No. I think we have the opposite problem. Some new approaches, like Cuba, but very very few fresh faces
    I look forward to the new D crew. i *like* hilz (quite a bit) but it will be fun in 2024 (omg, 2024) to see some new faces.
    05-10-2015 08:21 PM
    If people are unhappy with the GOP candidates, they can always go to their local Republican chapter and get the person they really want into the presidential race.

In any case, the field will narrow down as Election Day gets closer. It will be one Democrat versus one Republican.
    05-18-2015 10:58 PM
    Old white people is like 98% of politicians. No minority is going to be a presenditial candidate for a while after Herman Cain and Obama.
    If a minority ran for president, that person might beat Hillary Clinton. It would be very depressing because Clinton looks like she has been preparing her entire life to become president.
    05-18-2015 11:02 PM
    If a minority ran for president, that person might beat Hillary Clinton. It would be very depressing because Clinton looks like she has been preparing her entire life to become president.
    A minority won't be a presidential candidate for a while.

Posted via Razr M on the Android Central App
    05-20-2015 08:37 AM
    A minority won't be a presidential candidate for a while.

That neurosurgeon is a candidate. And don't forget, women are minorities too. I wonder if that guy that owned the Godfather pizza chain is going to run again. He could do another ad campaign with a guy smoking on camera.
    05-20-2015 05:48 PM
    That neurosurgeon is a candidate. And don't forget, women are minorities too. I wonder if that guy that owned the Godfather pizza chain is going to run again. He could do another ad campaign with a guy smoking on camera.
    Maybe I should have been more clear, another black man will not be a presidential candidate frontrunner for the presidency. When it cokes down to it, while women are considered minorities, a black woman will be least likely to be nominated compared to someone like Clinton.

05-20-2015 09:04 PM
217 ... 34567 ...