03-14-2018 06:48 PM
217 ... 6789
tools
    I think Trump and Sanders are two sides of the same coin. Both coming out of left field (though Trump has been crying wolf for the past few election cycles), both being very outspoken, and both getting each side excited. I also think that excitement is from a vocal minority. Once the "newness" wears off both of them, then I think we'll see more predictive polls and such.

I don't know if I'd predict Trump to drop out, but I wouldn't be the least surprised. As I said, he's cried wolf about running so many times and I didn't believe it at first when he announced. I wouldn't put it past him to drop out, saying he just didn't feel like it was time for him to run or something similar as usual.
    A895 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-26-2015 07:34 PM
    I can't wait to see what Bernie's fate is. If you read reddit, you think he will win by a landslide, but we all know he is facing an uphill battle even getting the nomination. I disagree with most of his policies, but I love how he is shaking things up.

Honestly if the dems nominate Hilary, I will loose all hope that they can do anything right. They will need a full turnover to become a viable party in my eyes. Similar to the Republicans...

I can't wait until Trump drops out. I still refuse to even acknowledge him as a candidate. I do however think it is very telling how much traction he has gained. People are tired of the political speak and the games. They want straight answers, and that is what Trump is giving them.

Sent from my XT1096
    Yeah, but I have to wonder what has changed. Why now? Politicians have been behaving like that since the inception of our country. So if people have put up with that for over 2 centuries, I am left scratching my head as to why now is when people choose to throw down the gauntlet. And then go with the most crass self-serving person they can find. If people think he's going to be their savior, they are in for a very rude awakening and yet more disappointment.
    A895 likes this.
    08-26-2015 07:38 PM
    Yeah, but I have to wonder what has changed. Why now? Politicians have been behaving like that since the inception of our country. So if people have put up with that for over 2 centuries, I am left scratching my head as to why now is when people choose to throw down the gauntlet. And then go with the most crass self-serving person they can find. If people think he's going to be their savior, they are in for a very rude awakening and yet more disappointment.
    I think it is because faith and satisfaction with our government is at huge low(if not lowest) spot and there is not one single place it is being directed. It seems to be general dissatisfaction with the whole system. Our citizens are being spied on religiously. We cannot stay out of some sort of conflict. We cannot balance a budget. We are in a debt that no one can even comprehend the size of and is growing exponentially every year. The economy is sluggish. Social issues are constantly being debated. The media religiously turns the smallest incident of any kind into a disaster.

And to make matter the discontent worse, we now have an entire population that is connected to the Internet 24/7 and getting live updates.

And again, there is not one place the ill feelings are being funneled. When we had pretty much the same situation in the 2000s, everyone just blamed Bush and called it a day. Obama and his party have deflected the hate very effectively and spread it around while the reps push it all back the best they can. It is to the point that everyone seems to hate everything to do with the "system".

Sent from my XT1096
    08-26-2015 08:20 PM
    Given how our current president was elected I'm actually not that shocked that Trump and Sanders have the followers they have. Simple answer is they're "trendy". Ron Paul had his little cult as well. Our country is more divided then it's ever been and Trump and Sanders are polar opposites.

BTW..... Glad everything with your surgeries turn out well for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-26-2015 09:58 PM

BTW..... Glad everything with your surgeries turn out well for you.
    Thank you! Literally just got home from the last of my many eye appointments so I am good to go! Feels good to be done with that. Well, until the next thing crops up at least!
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    08-27-2015 05:21 PM
    I think it is because faith and satisfaction with our government is at huge low(if not lowest) spot and there is not one single place it is being directed. It seems to be general dissatisfaction with the whole system. Our citizens are being spied on religiously. We cannot stay out of some sort of conflict. We cannot balance a budget. We are in a debt that no one can even comprehend the size of and is growing exponentially every year. The economy is sluggish. Social issues are constantly being debated. The media religiously turns the smallest incident of any kind into a disaster.......... It is to the point that everyone seems to hate everything to do with the "system".

Sent from my XT1096

The system you have to admit is kind of flawed for 2015. Especially concerning social issues, and things like the economy. I think the media is a symptom of the larger problem that they highlight. I mean realistically speaking, for real point blank, war is at an all time low, murder is down a lot. Black crime is down significantly since 1999, and we are realistically living in the most peaceful time for a long time. That is why social issues and things like the economy take the forefront now, now that world isn't as crazy and violent as it once was, we now have time to reflect on our own values and domestic issues.

And the fact is there is still a lot of inequality still. And we have issues that are becoming very huge such as the current way prison is being done in the U.S., largest prison pop in the world and we build more jails than schools, and somehow despite being a small percentage of the entire country, black men get thrown into prison the most. Or wage gap, little diversity in STEM and the growing tech field, police brutality, etc. I mean that is my theory anyways. I am glad more people than ever are seeing there is genuine issues when it comes to race and gender still in the country.
    08-27-2015 10:18 PM
    I don't know if I'd predict Trump to drop out, but I wouldn't be the least surprised.
    I thought Donald Trump said that he would run as an Independent if he did not get the Republican nomination.
    08-28-2015 12:32 PM
    I thought Donald Trump said that he would run as an Independent if he did not get the Republican nomination.
    I don't know either way. I haven't really paid attention to him.
    08-28-2015 12:54 PM
    He did. There are still rumors he may go independent anyways regardless. Even the Republicans want little to do with him.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-28-2015 10:53 PM
    I think it depends on his numbers and how the GOP treats him. I don't think he'd waste his time if he's polling in the single digits. His run as an independent would sink any GOP candidate, so if he's still polling half way decent and wants to stick it to the party, he will gladly and smugly do so. In turn handing the nod to whomever is running on democratic ticket. If it's Clinton (provided she's still in it or not in jail), so be it. She attended his wedding and will probably attend another one of his weddings in the future.

I will say this though, looking at the latest Iowa poll results, Trump and Carson are tied. I think it sends a pretty strong signal that there is a good faction of american voters who are sick and tired of "politicians".
    09-01-2015 09:11 AM
    I think it depends on his numbers and how the GOP treats him. I don't think he'd waste his time if he's polling in the single digits. His run as an independent would sink any GOP candidate, so if he's still polling half way decent and wants to stick it to the party, he will gladly and smugly do so. In turn handing the nod to whomever is running on democratic ticket. If it's Clinton (provided she's still in it or not in jail), so be it. She attended his wedding and will probably attend another one of his weddings in the future.

I will say this though, looking at the latest Iowa poll results, Trump and Carson are tied. I think it sends a pretty strong signal that there is a good faction of american voters who are sick and tired of "politicians".
    Not really. We are in the first "new and shiny" summer of an election season where people kick the tires on different candidates. By next summer, they will have retreated to more establishment types. Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum were leading and ended up losing. For a time even Herman Cain was looked at. But the shininess wears off and the flaws start to show. They will for Carson as well. Trump may be able to buck that trend, and Fiorina has a long shot outside chance, but they are the only two in a position to do that.
    09-01-2015 06:42 PM
    Perry out. Walker out (boy did he disappoint), so who's next? Place your bets!

I'd like it to be Jindal, but I don't think he is spending much money or running much of a campaign to begin with. I'd also like the huckster to get the heave ho, but he's too busy playing the victim of Obama and those horrible homosexuals right now to drop out of the race yet. So I think I will go with Santorum. He's just not getting the traction he had last time. He's really faded in the background this time.
    09-22-2015 10:54 PM
    So...months later and all those people I mentioned are out of the race. Surprise surprise. And here we are on the eve of the New Hampshire primary and the race is so chaotic that no one can predict what the final results will even be. Crazy.

Tomorrow will be an exciting day!
    02-08-2016 08:04 PM
    They're all becoming two sides of the same coin.
    02-08-2016 09:43 PM
    They're all becoming two sides of the same coin.
    Not really. Why do people always mistakenly say that? One side is for gay rights, one isn't. One is for minimum wage increases, one isn't. One believes mankind has a hand in global climate change, one doesn't because they worry about profits more than people. The differences are profound.
    02-18-2016 03:29 PM
    They both want to dictate my moral and financial views, just in different directions.
    02-18-2016 03:41 PM
    They both want to dictate my moral and financial views, just in different directions.
    That's the same the world over. Nothing new there!
    02-29-2016 04:50 PM
    Well super Tuesday is now over:

Bernie has started his campaign's slow death. While he could pull ahead, I do not see it happening. There is far too much working against him. It is a shame too. I was hoping that the Democrats would actually nominate a candidate that believed in all the values they brag about all the time instead of an establishment shill that only cares about rights and values to the extent that it gives her votes and money. Sad. The party has a chance to actually progress their agenda and make a statement, and they wave as it passes them. Hypocritical idiots.

And it looks like Trump with be the Republican nominee... Wow. We are really are circling the toilet aren't we?

Another presidential election with not a candidate worth the paper the ballots are printed on. Can we get rid of both parties yet and start over?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-02-2016 10:20 AM
    Another presidential election with not a candidate worth the paper the ballots are printed on. Can we get rid of both parties yet and start over?
    Makes you wonder how much of that low voter turnout issue is actually apathy, or people voting "none of the above."

Between the two main candidates, I'd actually vote for Hillary before I vote for Trump. Listening to some of his speeches is like listening to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. I'd be afraid he'd shoot his mouth off to the wrong person and get us nuked. At least with Hillary, there's still some check and balance in what policies she puts in place.

Though I'm actually thinking voting for Gary Johnson, largely because of his support of the Fair Tax.
    03-02-2016 11:00 AM
    Makes you wonder how much of that low voter turnout issue is actually apathy, or people voting "none of the above."

Between the two main candidates, I'd actually vote for Hillary before I vote for Trump. Listening to some of his speeches is like listening to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. I'd be afraid he'd shoot his mouth off to the wrong person and get us nuked. At least with Hillary, there's still some check and balance in what policies she puts in place.

Though I'm actually thinking voting for Gary Johnson, largely because of his support of the Fair Tax.
    When it comes down to Hillary and Trump, I do not know what I will do. I will not ever vote for Hillary, but I am not sure if I will vote for Trump.
    03-02-2016 11:43 AM
    When it comes down to Hillary and Trump, I do not know what I will do. I will not ever vote for Hillary, but I am not sure if I will vote for Trump.
    Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Trump is all over the place and too unstable in positions and comments. Who knows what we'd be getting? I'm not willing to find out! Plus really, with all the sexist race baiting talk, is that the image we want for our country? Led by a Twitter troll?
    03-18-2016 10:41 PM
    Well, my 4¢ worth on the candidates (inflation, what are you going to do?):

Sanders, my choice, prolly won't accomplish much if he gets elected, that'll depend I think largely on his choice of VP (Ron Wyden maybe?), but at least he's carried a consistently message
    Hillary, blatant liar, but predictable for the most part (just follow the money). Still, I don't like the idea of a Democratic dynasty any more than a Republican one (Bushes, though that might be over)
    Trump, hate filled *******... maybe? His campaign is running contrary to stuff he's said in the past, and he's lied without a care, plus he's a salesman, so who knows what he'll do if he's elected. Plus the Obama and Congress can seriously limit what he can do if they want.
    Cruz, this is a man who's own coworkers and party members won't go to bat for (citizenship issue, they bailed out McCain when it came up), what does that say about him?

More interesting to me is the various machinations going on, like the Democrat party forgetting to submit Sanders paperwork in DC until the day after it was due, or the DNC denying any support to a candidate challenging Debbie Schultz for her Congressional seat. And that's just a small list of the things going on or could happen as this plays out.
    04-04-2016 07:56 AM
    I think that it is very telling that Trump has made it this far. The American people (for better or worse) are tired of double speak and overly politically correct messages. They are tired of everything Washington has to offer. Most of the Trump supporters I talk to just really want to give DC the middle finger more than anything else. And Trump is one really big middle finger...

My personal feelings are that the disconnect between the people and the federal government is far too large. No one is really satisfied. All Washington has been for the last few decades is a place of lies and broken promises. I am starting to believe that the federal government needs a massive shift of some sort or there will be some sort of harsh adjustment in the nearish future.
    04-04-2016 02:53 PM
    I think that it is very telling that Trump has made it this far. The American people (for better or worse) are tired of double speak and overly politically correct messages. They are tired of everything Washington has to offer. Most of the Trump supporters I talk to just really want to give DC the middle finger more than anything else. And Trump is one really big middle finger...

My personal feelings are that the disconnect between the people and the federal government is far too large. No one is really satisfied. All Washington has been for the last few decades is a place of lies and broken promises. I am starting to believe that the federal government needs a massive shift of some sort or there will be some sort of harsh adjustment in the nearish future.
    Wisconsin just gave Trump the middle finger. So there's that.
    04-05-2016 08:38 PM
    I feel just the opposite.
    07-25-2016 02:00 PM
217 ... 6789