Seymour Hersh, a journalist who won the Pulitzer Prize, alleges that the official account of the death of Osama bin Laden was a lie.

London Review of Books -- The Killing of Osama bin Laden (article link)

The account of the raid given by the White House was mostly fictional, according to Hersh.

There was no courier that lead to bin Laden. Instead, a Pakistani military official gave up the location of Osama bin Laden in order to collect the $25 million reward.

There was no firefight. The Navy seals shot bin Laden, who was elderly, without any resistance. His body was torn apart by rifle fire.

As for the accounts of bin Laden's burial at sea, that was just an excuse to eliminate the need to show a body.

Of course, the White House denies Hersh's account.
    05-19-2015 01:44 AM
    Not that i believe anything a politician, especially this president says, I do believe our navy seals. The story that the white house has put forward is very similar to the seals.
    06-01-2015 09:46 PM
    That would require a lot of practicing and lying about the account seeing as one of the seals even wrote a book a about it. If the account was false wouldn't he just have exposed it?
    06-02-2015 09:47 AM
    I've gone a little tone deaf when it comes to these types of criticisms of President Obama. What would be funny is if he did actually have a secret army that he deployed to take away everyone's guns.
    A895 and msndrstood like this.
    06-02-2015 05:53 PM
    You know, as bad as this may sound, I don't care. Bin Laden is dead. I don't care why or how. I'm just glad he's not around anymore.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Scott7217 likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:52 PM
    The story that the white house has put forward is very similar to the seals.
    I think the US Navy SEALs know how to keep a secret, and I don't really expect any of their members to go against the commander-in-chief.
    06-04-2015 05:45 PM
    The seal who helped write "no easy day" was getting alot of flaq for it if I remember correctly.
    06-11-2015 08:23 AM
    The seal who helped write "no easy day" was getting alot of flaq for it if I remember correctly.
    Matt Bissonnette (using the pen name of Mark Owen) helped to write No Easy Day.

The New York Times review of the book has this to say about Bissonnette:

"Bissonnette suggests that he doesn’t think much of President Obama, doesn’t have much respect for the civilians who ordered the raid and believes, more or less, that anyone in war who doesn’t carry a gun is a wimp. He seems to resent the fact that Obama took credit for the raid and at one point even resisted signing a framed flag for him, on the now-preposterous grounds that he didn’t want his identity revealed."
    06-16-2015 04:57 PM
    If the account was false wouldn't he just have exposed it?
    Exposing big secrets has serious consequences. For example, there is a reason why people like Edward Snowden have to flee the United States after blowing the whistle.

The good thing is that if the official government account is true, then it helps support our efforts in enhanced interrogation.

We would not have been able to track Osama bin Laden without following his courier, and we wouldn't have known who bin Laden's courier was unless we employed enhanced interrogation techniques in Guantanamo Bay.
    06-16-2015 05:07 PM