Harriet Tubman was the winner in an online vote for the next person to be depicted on US currency. However, not everyone is happy.

The Washington Post -- Keep Harriet Tubman – and all women – off the $20 bill (article link)

The author of The Washington Post article, Feminista Jones, argues that "Harriet Tubman did not fight for capitalism, free trade, or competitive markets," and that putting Tubman on the $20 bill only hides the inequality that women face today.

To be fair, the US Treasury has only announced that the $10 bill (not the $20) will be changed, but it has not declared who will be on the bill.

History.com -- Woman To Be Featured on Newly Redesigned $10 Bill, Treasury Announces (website link)
    06-22-2015 06:18 PM
    Harriet Tubman was the winner in an online vote for the next person to be depicted on US currency. However, not everyone is happy.

The Washington Post -- Keep Harriet Tubman – and all women – off the $20 bill (article link)

The author of The Washington Post article, Feminista Jones, argues that "Harriet Tubman did not fight for capitalism, free trade, or competitive markets," and that putting Tubman on the $20 bill only hides the inequality that women face today.

To be fair, the US Treasury has only announced that the $10 bill (not the $20) will be changed, but it has not declared who will be on the bill.

History.com -- Woman To Be Featured on Newly Redesigned $10 Bill, Treasury Announces (website link)
    Thanks for sharing.
    06-25-2015 08:41 AM