So once upon a time I thought that Liberty Hangout was a typical conservative libertarian organization. Many people and media sources warned otherwise, but I thought that was a classic case of crying wolf by the left. So towards the end of March, the first thing that sorta broke that illusion happened. During a stream, Kaitlin Bennett said a bunch of things against voting rights for women and welfare recipients. I started deeply scrutinizing what LH had posted but didn't see anything super mega alarming until the beginning of April, when the main Liberty Hangout profile start spewing Justin Moldow's personal beliefs on various sexual topics. Now I wouldn't have complained if this came from a religious profile, but this came from the main profile of a political of a political organization. Turns out, trying to impose your beliefs on others is a very alt-right thing and I knew ahead of time it was definitely NOT libertarian. I also realized some of their other really old tweets were alt-right monarchist junk. So I decided to not just quit supporting them, but also completely trash their reputation on Twitter in revenge for them deceiving real conservatives and libertarians like me into supporting them. I tweeted exposing the truth about LH being a bunch of alt-right monarchists, and in further tweets blasted them for fakely labeling their outlet as "libertarian". To say the least, this ended up in them publicly ridiculing me in front of 4000+ people. I was expecting to lose my entire conservative following, but instead I since then have more than TRIPLED my follower count (again, mostly constitutional conservatives including small scale politicians and a ton of military personell and veterans). Fast forward a week or so and one of my new followers, popular conservative journalist Millie Weaver (she works for Infowars but tells orders of magnitude more truth than Alex Jones), decided to bash LH and Kaitlin Bennett for their deranged anti women voting rights and anti-democracy tweets and got into a bit of a fight with them. I interjected telling Millie I had warned her she was dealing with the alt-right, and LH ridiculed me with a gross meme and more SJW-style fake accusations of various trash against me (they deleted the meme later, thank heavens). As if that wasn't enough, one of Millie's journalist friends also bashed LH and promptly followed me after realizing I had exposed them first. As for what LH did after the whole incident, well not good. They as mentioned saw they had nothing more to lose after I exposed them and started angering every conservative on Twitter with openly Nazi/monarchist tweets (just look at their recent crap where they want Trump to be an absolutist king, LMAO). Combined with the free advertising I got from their ridicule of me, this as previously mentioned led to me getting quite a large following (went from 200 followers on April 3rd to 660 now). I have since been thanked/admired both publicly and privately by conservatives and libertarians for bravely exposing the truth. I now get enough positive attention on Twitter that I can consider myself to be a small scale political influencer, and I have gained a small reputation for not trusting anything without obscene levels of scrutiny (well duh after "Liberty" Hangout tricked me and others into supporting them for a while). I will never heavily support any surface-good-looking political activism group ever again without insane scrutiny, and I anyway don't have any need for that now that I have a solid community of my own on Twitter. I always thought I was some irrelevant worthless blip nobody cared about, and then suddenly I see through the fog and destroy the reputation of a a fairly powerful alt-right group that pretends to be something they are not just to attract supporters. Yeeeshhh... At least something good came out of this, and that is that I now actually have a nice amount (hundreds) of nice people to discuss tech and politics with during this whole pandemic lockdown situation.
    04-23-2020 09:31 PM
    You have already a thread about this same issue.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=993932
    04-23-2020 09:37 PM
    You have already a thread about this same issue.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=993932
    I know but that was an old and pretty dead thread for when I supported them back in the day. Here I wanted to in detail explain what happened and have it actually be seen.
    04-23-2020 09:44 PM
    What you'll find, as you get older, is that a lot of organizations (left, right, religious, etc) are not what they seem on the outside. They have an agenda. They use certain talking points to draw people in. It isn't until you scrape off the crust that you see their real core.

Learn that there are many viewpoints and it's best to stay towards the middle to see reality. Too radical in thoughts and actions should be a red flag. You'll be more successful and less stressed that way.

A little advice from an old guy.
    04-23-2020 10:31 PM
    What you'll find, as you get older, is that a lot of organizations (left, right, religious, etc) are not what they seem on the outside. They have an agenda. They use certain talking points to draw people in. It isn't until you scrape off the crust that you see their real core.

Learn that there are many viewpoints and it's best to stay towards the middle to see reality. Too radical in thoughts and actions should be a red flag. You'll be more successful and less stressed that way.

A little advice from an old guy.
    You are right! And that middle thing is where I always was and always will be (socially liberal, economically conservative). And I guess I am doing the right thing when tons of really nice people suddenly flock to my account and tell me that I am not one of those morons/snowflakes that doesn't think for themselves. And I now get tons of laughter over all the memes that the left and alt-right have made since I exposed the whole agenda (these memes are so terrible and imsulting they actually make me laugh).
    04-24-2020 02:02 AM