[NEW WIDGET] Minimalist Shortcut - DeClutter Your Homescreen

fiveHellions

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Just released my new widget. Try it out and let me know what you think.

DLurc_IbYfo4wvKqgn2LVePtlqMrDzE6r79wsiTz44W9OrkSS7gcjPi6fbiRHSaGsoc=h230
9HYqhRaRp5c6s-1LdUwBUdDHdTnK5DaDWYPeT2wXW6WVbkjCk9DiZMkhJ3-XzqmbNOs=h230
s-huwWJXvNXvmrri0DApX4MzXSIMnaoKi94NZnASTAaLv_skcn_wXqsZkYDPLKJP3Os=h230
uHbcThoayVpBYdAejrGTLxA3a9UHQVeujjhe22NTc95Xp35msQhTbQyQ1qsiywBCVA=h230
00yezYwAvfNr9Rm7Vse18QHDxRLbPzwM0qkr8DyTm6MtcGZR-JaMMpQR6Oswltw4doM=h230

Declutter Your Homescreen.
Keep your screen simple and still have access to all your favorite apps. This minimalistic approach to shortcuts lets you show off your wallpaper.
Customize you shortcut widget by changing the color, size, transparency and number of icons. Group apps into folders for easy access.

** This app is currently Beta. So expect a few bugs and layout issues especially on older phones, small screens and tablets. Good news though, the pro features are unlocked for everybody during the beta period. Current beta is set to expire October 31st 2012, although it may be extended if needed.

Features:
* Up to 20 icons in each widget.
* Icons can launch individual apps or folders.
* Create text styles for text icons

Pro Features:
* Backup/Restore your widgets, folders and text styles
* Use custom fonts (supports most downloadable font packs from the Play Store)
* Use custom icons from icon packs (supports icons packs made for ADW Launcher or LauncherPro, also themes that contain icons)
* Use custom images as icons

Analyss14

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Great effort. Downloaded the free version and played around with it, seems legit. I bought the full version to show some support. My favorite part of the widget is definitely the use of feature graphics in place of icons. Work more on that as many of my apps were missing their feature graphics, especially the games. Also add more fonts into the app itself instead of requiring the end user to download and install the fonts (pet peeve), maybe add 5-10 more stylized font options. With minimalistic texts and simple text this could complete the minimalist trifecta. Please keep working on it.

At the very least add the font from the screen shot. I kind of like it but wouldn't scan through hundred of fonts on the off chance that I might find the name.

fiveHellions

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback.

I pull the feature graphics from the app's play store page. The problem with that is if the app does not have a feature graphic then I can't pull it. Also for alot of built in system apps they will not be available on the play store and not have graphics. Then there are 3rd party app stores like amazon. Most developers will release the app with a different package name on different stores and even though the app is also available in the play store I can't find it based on package name.

I agree that it would be good to get graphics for all apps because it looks so cool. I just have to figure out the best way to do it. With so many apps out there I can't manually add graphics for all of the missing ones. I can give users the option to manually add graphics for apps that are missing. But I hate for every user to have to hunt down all the graphics or make them if none exist.

I just need to figure out a way that users can submit entries for missing apps that can be shared to other users (without having to host all these files myself). I don't want to host them all for a couple of reasons:
1) the costs involved. Unless I make feature graphics a pro only feature I would likely pay more hosting fees then I make with the app.
2) I don't really have rights to distribute these files. Right now I'm not distributing them just letting the user pull them from the web for personal use.

Let me think about it. At the very least I will try to have a way that you can choose a picture to use as a feature graphic in the settings soon.

As far as fonts, I think it is a good idea to include a few fonts. I will try to include a handful of built in fonts in the next release.