Your own images to launch apps? Open folders?

eddie-turner

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello all! Noob here - to the forum; not new to Android. I am attempting to deck out my Tab S 10.5 with home screens featuring my own images that I would like to use to launch apps and open app folders. Instead of having a bunch of icons, I'd like maybe four large transparent PNG images per screen that represent the kind of apps in the folders they will open. I've tried Giganticon, but I'm limited to enlarging icons with no ability to change the images or reassign the apps they'll open. Any help choosing the right widget or app for the job? I'm open to using a launcher other than Apex as well.

Another quick question. Are there sites other than Google Play with selections of user-created widgets that you can download?

Thanks up front!
Eddie

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I am a noob myself. But I did notice that with Nova Launcher paid version you can crop pics from your gallery and use them as icons. You can only make them 30% bigger though.

v00d00chile

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
You could use Zooper and just create a widget with the image as a bitmap and then assign the action on click to open the app or folder. Also, might not be what you're looking for, but check out Buzz Launcher. You can download entire themes created by other users or upload your own work. I prefer to use Nova, but sometimes I find something I like in Buzz Launcher and then just go back to Nova and use it there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC