PIM app : Koxx Agenda

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
PIM app : Agenda Pro

Hi,

after Pure widgets, I'd like to create a full agenda/PIM application.

what kind of features do you expect.
Please give priority order to your requierements.

I think I'll be able to start this new dev quickly.

For me the most important :
+++ a good reminder management (silent periods, repeat, popup ...)
+++ a good month/week/day view
++ tasks view (interface with Astrid / gTasks)

Where does your experience come from ?
What app should I have a look to have ideas ? (Pocket Informant, Agendus, what else ?)

Put screenshots to explain what you what.

Last edited:

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Please look at Agendus for reference. That will be your best model.

Create a meeting/task/memo or call DIRECTLY from the contacts' card in one complete app. No need for an individual app that doesn't associate to the a particular contact. No need for 10 different note apps, 10 different task apps, etc. Just look at Palm OS for guidance. They've been the PIM standard for years and Agendus took it to another level.

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I think Feshnezz hit it on the money. I ask that you focus on speed and ease of use. An app won't be used if it's not easy to do so. BTW, love your other apps, as they both embody ease and speed. LOL

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
How the calendar is in calendar pad is close to perfect.
I think a key part of this should be consistency throughout the program.
If possible sync with Google docs for the memos.
Good luck, and thanks.

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
For all us past Palm users, having contact calendar,memo and task integration including contact history is an indispensable application for business use. Agendus nailed it perfectly but they don't seem to have an initiative to even have a beta version in the works. I would gladly pay $$ for an app like this. Let me know if you need beta testers. Good luck!

RhinoDoc

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I really like what you have already done. I have bought weather forecast widget and pure calendar. I liked the flexibility of pocket informant, the quick transition between agenda, day, week, month, etc., the ability to quickly add an appointment, the ability to set up colors, fonts, day of the start of the week, etc.

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I've been checking the forums at WebIS (pocketinformant) and at Iambic and neither developer seems to have anything remotely in the works. As a matter of fact, WebIS mentioned that their reluctance for development comes down to a lack of financial incentive (which I can understand). Iambic is still hung up on Palm and their forums show no advancement stages. Whichever developer creates a robust app that allows its users to integrate the contacts to calendar events,tasks,memos and calls will attract a greater number of business users. I am a real estate broker and if you take a look at ActiveRain.com you will see a large growing number of realtors dumping their palm and other phones for iPhones and Android devices. We are just a small group of business owners that use the smartphone as business tool and for us to pay big $$ for relevant software is commonplace.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I used Agendus on Palm and Pocket Informant for Blackberry. Both are great apps.

If you were to do this PIM would it sync with corporate calendar? Touchdown for Exchange?

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been checking the forums at WebIS (pocketinformant) and at Iambic and neither developer seems to have anything remotely in the works.
Alex @ WebIS recently mentioned that they are working on developing a Android port, BUT it would be several months before it was available.

At this point the first developer to release a fully functional PIM stands to do quite well.

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
developement started !

ap1.png

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
I agree, I want my contacts linked - and not just the option to call or email or text. I'd like the option to connect to facebook or twitter through the app too. I know that sounds crazy and not very business oriented, but it's a function that I would use many times. (For example, if I was looking on my calendar and my it was a friend or family member's birthday and I wanted to write on their wall.) It doesn't necessarily have to be automatically included, but maybe an option to turn on or off?

Also (this could also be something you turn on or off) but I would like the color coding for different calendars to be better. I love how it looks on the palm. (I'm not sure if it's the palm default calendar or the Agendus), but you can see it on the Palm commercial advertisement for Verizon. I like how I can color code my google calendar on my Nexus One, but I personally would like it if I had the option to include more than just a little bar on the left hand side. I have my calendar divided into many parts - one for each of my immediate family members, then one for friends, extended family, etc. I would like it if I was looking at the "agenda" view, for the entire block to be colored, not just a bar next t it, like it is on the google calendar. Again, at least an option. I would actually also like it if there was a way - any way - it could do it on the month and day view. I know if appointments or calendars overlap, it could create a problem, and I honestly don't know how to work around that, but I would like it if I was looking at my day, and I could see the colors for each of my calendar. And the option to customize what color I want. I know, it's not the point of a calendar to have pretty pink occasions, but I'm a girl. I want it to be pretty, too.

Ditto on integrating it with tasks, alarms, memos, etc.

Skins and themes would be awesome as well. I know that makes it more difficult, but it would be awesome if the different themes caused it to maybe operate in a slightly different way? Not just changing the background, fonts, colors, etc. Check out "Intuition for Moms" on the iphone. It was missing a few features and did a couple things I didn't like, but for the most part, the way you could use it was wonderful. You could choose to look at stuff based on calendar date, task, location, etc. AND it was beautiful. The color coding for each calendar was great, and so was the list to view them. A theme that looked like that would be great.

This sounds exciting! I definitely can't wait to see what you come up with. And I'm in on being a beta tester as well. I'm not a hard core business user, but I am a heavy phone user who puts my entire life onto my phone, so something to keep it organized while still looking great is a huge plus!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
More I read your requests, more I am afraid :(

I am starting to think: it's too big for me...

A simple example : "Ditto on integrating it with tasks, alarms, memos, etc. "
Each one is more than 100h of work (memo or tasks for example)...