Toq Smartwatch, will it replace your Rolex?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As the title suggests... We knew the technology was brewing, so will these be the next big thing in technology or is it still just a fad saved for block buster movies and sci fi?

Sure they don't have the cool gadgets like laser beams and plasma cutters like James Bond does but it they do have some cool features..

What do you think? Interested?

Qualcomm announces the Toq smart watch | Android Central

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not all that interested in anything. I know Google's offering is right around the corner, and it's probably wise to wait and see what they're bringing.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
everyone said the same thing about Apple. They even said they were going to announce it with the 5s/5c but here we are with nothing new. I honestly believe that right now the Toq has the most potential of any of the current line up of smartwatches (this statement excludes those that are in kickster/funding mode still) and it saddens me that they were using for more a proof of concept then an actual device to hit the market

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to justify getting a smart watch in my own mind. ( Wont be hard to do I am worse than Jerry with stuff that goes beep) Moto made a statement yesterday that alluded to a Moto smart watch and having the Droid Maxx I would love to see that come about. Google's offering might be interesting. What to do? What to do? Right now I am looking at the Pebble or the Sony. Wish me luck! Do you think I could get one and the other half wouldn't notice?

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm traditional watch wearing person, and generally find myself leaning towards self-winding automatic watches.

My last 2 smart watches (Pebble and Qualcomm Toq) have changed my watch wearing habits to be occasion specific.

Traveling and on weekends, I've found that smart watches are nice augmentations -- I am managing notifications, making mental notes on what is going on and being tactical about whether I need to pull out my phone. These are situations where my primary activity is not work.

When work is the primary activity, the smart watch doesn't add anything to the experience. I'm back to my Omega watches.

And for a night out, or dressy events, nothing beats a nice watch.

Love my Toq.