Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 vs Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging?

popengchan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 vs Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging

Hi, I'm really confused between the Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 and Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging, I have a Samsung S6 Edge, I guess just a few questions about these guys

1) What are the differences on these two? Which is better I guess?
2) How come the Samsung S6 Edge is capable of the Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 (based on the Qualcomm website itself) feature even though it does not have a Qualcomm chipset, it has an Exynos 7420 I think.
3) Should the cable be a fast type (for both) as well or are these chargers cable-independent?
4) Is Qualcomm 2.0 applicable for USB Type C as well, like the fast charging feature?

Thanks guys!

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 vs Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging

Hello! I believe they are essentially the same thing. My quick charge 2.0 charger works with my S6 just like the stock samsung rapid charge does. The cable is generally not what produces the quick charge, it is the plug. Although there are different quality cables, so be wary of the really cheap cables as they may or may not work with quick charge. I'm not sure about type C. I think if your phone is capable of quick charge, it doesn't matter if it is type C or micro USB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad