I would love to be able to program but I don't have time to learn it :s

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's true.
I just don't have the time to work with it. And I have to learn Python :p
I would love to be able to program but I don't have time to learn it :s
Python isn't very hard. But I'm also learning C++ for my computer science classes. Not fun trying to learn both at the same time lol

NuttyBunny

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the Pi (I have the B) is that it's somewhat slow for heavy apps like browsers, so it's difficult to use it for more than media player or emulators.

I use mine with Kodi to play movies, it plays most 1080p fine at 30fps, but even the interface is quite choppy.

I would not recommend the original Pi for a PC. On the other hand, the new model seems faster, I may give it a try sometime.

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I do have a Pi2 that I mess with from time to time. I tried turning it into a Time Machine backup server but still working on steady connectivity. An iTunes server is next on the list. But if my brain can't figure them out I'll just make it a distraction-free writing machine with FocusWriter. Neat little gizmo.

wakdev

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I use a Pi2 for a Apache reverse proxy.
Useful if you have a lot of server in your home.

And I use an another Pi with RetroPi, an operating system for retro gaming :)

by1333

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
My job gave me one to use/mess around with. They said I can take it home and play with it there. Just started reading on this and trying to get Kodi installed so I can use it with a lan connection instead of my fire stick.